First gameplay of WarThunder Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

rayvonuk #101 Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2525 battles

View PostFinguz, on 05 October 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

You said " that looks wank "...... and you think I misunderstood?
Sorry if it's confusing, but I understood perfectly.
Judging a game by early alpha footage is just silly.
I do not think you misunderstood, I know that you misunderstood, it is clear by what you write,
It looks wank, means that it looks not good.
I was not "Judging anything" just giving my first impressions on what i saw in that video, Its my opinion, there is no right or wrong.

Edited by rayvonuk, 05 October 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Pancelos_Huszar #102 Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9569 battles
  • [DELH] DELH
Getting closer to an alternative with each day that passes! Go WT! :)
Of course I won't stop playing WoT, but that's because of the premium tanks that I bought. I'll want to play those from time to time, since I payed real money for them (but if they nerf them more, I'm gone for good).

The Alpha footage looks very promising.

Sweetgogoing #103 Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32244 battles
Well, ust as i thought, WoT and WT:GF are going to be totally different games. Comparing them is like comparing Counter-Strike (WoT) to Battlefield (WT).

johncl #104 Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53440 battles
looks really good ....

PayToWin #105 Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1354 battles
  • [ISBAD] ISBAD
tanks and planes on the same map? I don't see that working out.

DesertRat70 #106 Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9775 battles

View PostPayToWin, on 05 October 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

tanks and planes on the same map? I don't see that working out.

Why not, you can drive anti aircraft vehicles to take out those pesky planes. A whole new experience

chiggy #107 Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
The demo preview was amazing! Everything this game should of been and has had the time to become, but hasn't?
If I was a WGing dev right now I would be sheeting bricks, but I am guessing Serb thinks this demo show case is a none issue and we are all gullible enough to continue spending money with his company. I actually hope he doesn't react to this, so when Gajjin ground combat goes beta, everyone who knows who Gajjin is, will walk away from this game. They will do it because of:
1. The better graphics.
2. The better physics / visual effects.
3. The historical battle mode and historical scenario battles.
4. The garage battle mode.
5. Gajjins better match making system.
6. Gajjins product is more friendly on the customers wallet.
If you are reading this WGing please do not feel bitter...........it is what we have been asking you for, for two years. You did have your chance!

Edited by chiggy, 05 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

wullemaha #108 Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10891 battles
:popcorn:

Hilarious thread once again.
I love this forum for its entertainment value.

jonnyrubber #109 Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13382 battles

View Postchiggy, on 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

The demo preview was amazing! Everything this game should of been and has had the time to become, but hasn't?
If I was a WGing dev right now I would be sheeting bricks, but I am guessing Serb thinks this demo show case is a none issue and we are all gullible enough to continue spending money with his company. I actually hope he doesn't react to this, so when Gajjin ground combat goes beta, everyone who knows who Gajjin is, will walk away from this game. They will do it because of:
1. The better graphics.
2. The better physics / visual effects.
3. The historical battle mode and historical scenario battles.
4. The garage battle mode.
5. Gajjins better match making system.
If you are reading this WGing please do not feel bitter...........it is what we have been asking you for, for two years. You did have your chance!

1 - agreed
2 - agreed
3 - boredom
4 - agreed
5 - nope
6 - nope

Personally i think if WG & WT worked together they would have the perfect product.

WT runs better, looks better but is lacking a lot of substance and interest - the plane tech trees are awful, the currency is shocking, I dont like no damage indicators.

If the WT ground forces are like their planes it will hold my interest for a few weeks at most. WT fail spectacularly in keeping you interested - in WG when you have ground a tank you like it feels like its YOUR tank - in WT grinding something is boredom - in the planes there is little to difference when you unlock new guns/ammo/engines etc - in WoT there is a major difference when you upgrade modules.

WT still has a long way to go the game be  more than pretty

wims80 #110 Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles

View Postchiggy, on 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Wait, what? Gaijins product is well and truly pay2win, I mean, you can pay for extra lives ffs. And progressing through the tech tree is a mega grind without a premium account. Exactly how is it more friendly to the customers wallet?

chiggy #111 Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
- Gold is cheaper. Do not agree? Look on Steam deals.
- The premium aircraft are also cheaper. Gajjins most expensive being 25 Euro last time I looked..........compared to WGing 50 Euro for a premium Tier 8. Tank prices have not been announced so I guess it remains to be seen, but I base my comparison on what product they currently have in place.
I have personally spent about 10 percent of what I have spent in this game with Gajjin, yet my hanger is brimming with premium aircraft and other materials I have bought. My WOT garage on the other hand.......
.............oh and Gajjins, specials are better in my opinion.......but that is a matter of opinion I admit.

Edited by chiggy, 05 October 2013 - 04:45 PM.

chiggy #112 Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postwims80, on 05 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Wait, what? Gaijins product is well and truly pay2win, I mean, you can pay for extra lives ffs. And progressing through the tech tree is a mega grind without a premium account. Exactly how is it more friendly to the customers wallet?
What your speaking about is arcade garage battles. There is no basis for comparison because WOT has only one very boring game type which does not allow
more than one tank to be taken out per game.
Mind explaining to me how paying for free XP, in this game, skipping any difficult grinds isn't pay to improve stats or even pay to win? It would appear that both games are the same in this respect in my opinion, but different in the way they make gamers spend real money in their game.

Edited by chiggy, 05 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

chiggy #113 Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postjonnyrubber, on 05 October 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

1 - agreed
2 - agreed
3 - boredom
4 - agreed
5 - nope
6 - nope

Personally i think if WG & WT worked together they would have the perfect product.

WT runs better, looks better but is lacking a lot of substance and interest - the plane tech trees are awful, the currency is shocking, I dont like no damage indicators.

If the WT ground forces are like their planes it will hold my interest for a few weeks at most. WT fail spectacularly in keeping you interested - in WG when you have ground a tank you like it feels like its YOUR tank - in WT grinding something is boredom - in the planes there is little to difference when you unlock new guns/ammo/engines etc - in WoT there is a major difference when you upgrade modules.

WT still has a long way to go the game be  more than pretty

War Thunder has damage indicators, that's what the paper doll is for. You shoot someone's wing, score a crit hit, the wing turns red. What you are referring too is the absence of a health bar.........well tanks in real life do not have health bars and if you play war games and demand realism you can appreciate this. I understand if your more an arcade type person, which in my opinion is really where WGing is going with this game, which is why they are losing players like me who want more realism.

Some of us also feel some of the WOT grinding is tedious at best, tedious for a reason, so you spend your money on the free XP. It shouldn't take 2 months of full time play to reach Tier 10 in my opinion with out Free XP and also the rewards for winning in this game are too small. A few good wins in WT can level you quickly. I want to play a game that rewards me for good play not one that gives more XP to an enemy player who is AFK just because his team won.

RegularLogic #114 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38864 battles

View Postchiggy, on 05 October 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

War Thunder has damage indicators, that's what the paper doll is for. You shoot someone's wing, score a crit hit, the wing turns red. What you are referring too is the absence of a health bar.........well tanks in real life do not have health bars and if you play war games and demand realism you can appreciate this. I understand if your more an arcade type person, which in my opinion is really where WGing is going with this game, which is why they are losing players like me who want more realism.
Some of us also feel some of the WOT grinding is tedious at best, tedious for a reason, so you spend your money on the free XP. It shouldn't take 2 months of full time play to reach Tier 10 in my opinion with out Free XP and also the rewards for winning in this game are too small. A few good wins in WT can level you quickly. I want to play a game that rewards me for good play not one that gives more XP to an enemy player who is AFK just because his team won.
  • Where is the fulfillment if you level quickly?
  • Why would you join world of tanks and ask for a realistic simulation, and then repeatedly complain about it after being told "no"?
Gold isn't cheaper on steam, the Steam packages are one time use ONLY.
All I can say for this thread is that if you are actually going to leave WOT for something that looks a little more shiny, then good riddance, obviously the community is better off without people who are so easily swayed by shiny objects. Nothing from gameplay perspective looked even remotely new or genre changing, and the idea of getting trashed by planes for which i have ZERO defense is basically like the idea of putting arty on a seperate frigging map.

Edited by RegularLogic, 05 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

jonnyrubber #115 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13382 battles

View Postchiggy, on 05 October 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

first of all i dont want realism in a tank game - it would be garbage - and yes in my opinion  visual HP are important (which is why the vast majority of games use them). Without them a tank is the same as any other tank - you have zero idea how much damage it can take - gun are wishy washy because you have no idea how much damage they can do, armour is pointless as penetration is just another hidden stat - so in other words your just gambling every time you enter a battle - you dont really know what your tank (or the enemys) is capable of.

I found the paper doll pointless in the WT planes - it didnt take much to screw your plane up so giving you a 'red wing' indicator was a waste of time - your plane is screwed its going to die.....its not as if they dont assign hp values to the modules - its just they dont show you.

Then of course the upgrades -

new engine - no difference
new gun/ammo - little difference

also I certainly dont want WG to make it any easier to reach tier X any quicker!!!!

my experience of the planes in WT was

get a plane - upgrade a pointless engine - upgrade a nearly pointless gun -upgrade a nearly pointless ammo - unlock a new plane that is in fact a slightly different version of the previous plane.

then of course you spend an age on crew skills - just to realise that upgrading your gunners has very little effect.

Its a shame because WT and WG have the basis of very good products - BOTH are failing in very different ways - but for me its WT that is still trailing WG

Listy #116 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12152 battles

View Postchiggy, on 05 October 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

- Gold is cheaper. Do not agree? Look on Steam deals.
- The premium aircraft are also cheaper. Gajjins most expensive being 25 Euro last time I looked..........compared to WGing 50 Euro for a premium Tier 8. Tank prices have not been announced so I guess it remains to be seen, but I base my comparison on what product they currently have in place.
I have personally spent about 10 percent of what I have spent in this game with Gajjin, yet my hanger is brimming with premium aircraft and other materials I have bought. My WOT garage on the other hand.......
.............oh and Gajjins, specials are better in my opinion.......but that is a matter of opinion I admit.

Agreed. WOT's price model makes me feel hostile. Especially the raw cost of gold. Then you add in other things such as:

You can re-claim a premium plane after you slot something else into its position (in fact you can hop your veteran crew around to any plane you've ever owned) unlike in WOT were you need to fork over 300 Gold for the garage slot and 200 Gold per crew member to transfer the crew.

Now lets look at camouflage and markings. If you sell a tank, that money has disappeared into the ether, in WT it stays with the plane that is stored.

Finally the price of Gold. I went and looked at the price of WT's gold, preparing to get my groin area paddled hard, however my experience was with WG's price point. So when I saw WT's prices I immediately reached into my wallet and brought a ton of gold. When I mentioned this to my mates, both of whom played both games, they went and had a look, they saw, they paid up instantly.

Will I leave WOT? I don't know, but I know both my mates who play games, we play with WT when we're platooned. Not WOT. Plus there's an awful lot of unhappy British tank drivers who are thinking along the lines of:
"Stay here and keep on getting abused... or sod off somewhere else. Yes, I'll have to play Russia or Germans, but that's my choice here as well if I don't want a massively gimped tank. Plus When British AFV's do get added, we know they'll get a fair shake. Unlike here"

jonnyrubber #117 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13382 battles

View PostRegularLogic, on 05 October 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

• Where is the fulfillment if you level quickly?
  • Why would you join world of tanks and ask for a realistic simulation, and then repeatedly complain about it after being told "no"?
Gold isn't cheaper on steam, the Steam packages are one time use ONLY.
All I can say for this thread is that if you are actually going to leave WOT for something that looks a little more shiny, then good riddance, obviously the community is better off without people who are so easily swayed by shiny objects. Nothing from gameplay perspective looked even remotely new or genre changing, and the idea of getting trashed by planes for which i have ZERO defense is basically like the idea of putting arty on a seperate frigging map.

yes a point i also missed -

remember all the arty moans on here? well it looks like WT will have completely anonymous arty that you cannot see never mind destroy - then there are the planes to consider - another enemy you cant touch - and judging from that video getting one shot looks like quite a common occurrence.

Ooorky #118 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7032 battles
  • [_DRG_] _DRG_

View Postwims80, on 05 October 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Extra lives sure...
I have 6 garage slots for most nations (7 for germans) (from free gold they gave us during events), and I rarely use more than 2-3 planes in arcade battle... in Historical i can only use 1... :P
If someone has to use 8th or 9th aircraft that means he is loosing the match for the team...

As a non premium player: grind is maybe a little slower than in WoT/WoWP, but i never feel myself as an underdog in any match. For 2 months I played WoWP and WT together (I really wanted to give it a chance), but my clanmates (WoT clan!, but we already have a WT squadron) just laugh at me, when is said I'll play wowp instead...

I bought an Ace pack on Steam when they had 25% discount (27 euro for 10000 gold, a tier 10 and a tier 9 premium plane (mid tier) and 2 month premium), but I will only use it when tanks arrive (5000gold for 3 month premium, another 5000 enough for 4 mid tier premium tanks).

For the "omfg a plane will bomb me" players: get effing air superiority... in a combined arms game you can't win, only focusing on 1 arm...

jonnyrubber #119 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13382 battles

View PostOoorky, on 05 October 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Extra lives sure...
I have 6 garage slots for most nations (7 for germans) (from free gold they gave us during events), and I rarely use more than 2-3 planes in arcade battle... in Historical i can only use 1... :P
If someone has to use 8th or 9th aircraft that means he is loosing the match for the team...

As a non premium player: grind is maybe a little slower than in WoT/WoWP, but i never feel myself as an underdog in any match. For 2 months I played WoWP and WT together (I really wanted to give it a chance), but my clanmates (WoT clan!, but we already have a WT squadron) just laugh at me, when is said I'll play wowp instead...

I bought an Ace pack on Steam when they had 25% discount (27 euro for 10000 gold, a tier 10 and a tier 9 premium plane (mid tier) and 2 month premium), but I will only use it when tanks arrive (5000gold for 3 month premium, another 5000 enough for 4 mid tier premium tanks).

For the "omfg a plane will bomb me" players: get effing air superiority... in a combined arms game you can't win, only focusing on 1 arm...

so what will be interest in playing a tank in the combined arms mode? because to me getting nuked by tanks + Arty + planes is not my idea of fun

chieferic #120 Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25342 battles
Finally a real tank game is incoming. Amazing graphics, sounds and refreshing gameplay in the WT video. :justwait:
Wot has become a healthbar over armor, goldammo roflstomp game. Dozens of 150mm guns and autoloaders on tiny maps leading to camping gameplay.
New tanks are more and more fiction. Graphic, sound and physics are still sucking.

Edited by chieferic, 05 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users