First gameplay of WarThunder Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

5_InchFl0ppy #121 Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40975 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
WOT just looks totally outdated compared to this game. Hopefully they get the mechanics and the balance right and I will be taking my money to Gaijin.

chieferic #122 Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25548 battles
Just imagine how amazing ships and planes wil be. One player drives the carrier and others can fly the planes on it, you will never see something like that in WoWS because of the limited engine.

Listy #123 Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View Postjonnyrubber, on 05 October 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

so what will be interest in playing a tank in the combined arms mode? because to me getting nuked by tanks + Arty + planes is not my idea of fun

Well in one of the Clips a T-70 drives through an artillery barrage and survives. Equally the barrage seems to start with one or two shells. its a hint to move your behind! Its not like they're dropping a  TOT from 6" guns on your head with no warning, like some games I could mention.

As to planes, Look at Jingles latest video. He covers that in detail. As a Final point I wonder how interested in diving in for strafing runs Planes will be when you start getting Anti-air Ambushes. Imagine, a single target tank out in the open ringing the dinner bell, and a Vulture drops on him. Then from the tree line a couple of AA tanks open up as the Target moves from out the flight path.

Equally Looking at that Alpha stage footage I did get some ideas for surviving against planes. #1, as is true to life: Stay in the shadows! Planes can't kill what they can't see.

Mindexe #124 Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
So in other words, find a nearest tree to your spawn location and camp? And do you seriously expect such difficult team play, just as creating ambushes, from your average player?
P.S. in that T-70 clip non of the shells landed on top of it, we don't know if that would one shot it or not, plus since WT doesn't have heat bar, we don't know how well he fared that barrage, did it just scratch him or left him one look away from dead.

Edited by Mindexe, 05 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Listy #125 Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View PostMindexe, on 05 October 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

So in other words, find a nearest tree to your spawn location and camp? And do you seriously expect such difficult team play, just as creating ambushes, from your average player?
P.S. in that T-70 clip non of the shells landed on top of it, we don't know if that would one shot it or not, plus since WT doesn't have heat bar, we don't know how well he fared that barrage, did it just scratch him or left him one look away from dead.

That's kinda my point, in regards to the T-70. None of the shells hit him. But if you notice a the rounds landing started with a tiny number then increased. SO if you start getting rounds landing then its time to move before all the rounds arrive. Think of it as an enemy signalling his attack in a RPG MMO allowing you time ot dodge or react to it.

As to Camping. Sure if you want to be unimaginative, or you can not the battle field is cluttered with cover. Its like arty used to be. Lots of people blubed about it, but if you engaged brain you could limit its effect and still fight. Arty was WOT's drive to evolve your skill set. Those that could evolve and deal with the arty became above average players. Those that didn't camped behind a rock. I'm loving it these days, no arty for me to factor. Its even more hilarious when you see everyone rush for houses, even though there's no arty that they need to shelter from.

Mindexe #126 Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
That's the point isn't, skilled players will find a way to survive, but that's very small player base of any game, most average player will fail to notice even the hint from the "arty". And as tanks can be more easy to get one shoted in WT, average player will be killed off more quickly, leaving you alone very fast...
And to win you have to capture a base of some sort right, that will be on open ground....and it won't be hard for planes to spot a tank in 10m circle on open ground...

Edited by Mindexe, 05 October 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Listy #127 Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View PostMindexe, on 05 October 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

That's the point isn't, skilled players will find a way to survive, but that's very small player base of any game, most average player will fail to notice even the hint from the "arty". And as tanks can be more easy to get one shoted in WT, average player will be killed off more quickly, leaving you alone very fast...
And to win you have to capture a base of some sort right, that will be on open ground....and it won't be hard for planes to spot a tank in 10m circle on open ground...
Again Jingles Video from yesterday deals with all that. In one Demo game none of the team took any Tanks, and they got beaten into the ground pretty damn quick.
As to experience, isn't that the same for all games? I used to be a pretty good Chess player, and to make things hard against my regular opponents I took on 5 of them at once, with alternating colours, and I won three of the matches.
Go play COD, BF or any of the other games like that, the long time experience players will beat you like a drum. Same applies to when I used to play "SP:WAW" or "Stars!".
I will say, well done to WG for letting this be discussed, even if it is hidden away in a corner of the Forum no one goes too.

Edited by Listy, 06 October 2013 - 05:29 AM.

Mindexe #128 Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
You see chess ain't TEAM game, can you take on 5 opponents alone both on WoT or WT?
Again, say you get tomatoes for a team and they all pick planes for that battle, you and maybe 1 or 2 more of your team pick tanks, knowing that without them you will lose. But other team split their forces more easy, what now? Your air forces wins in air, but you 3 guys are up against half of enemy team....
Don't get me wrong, I would like for WT pull it off, but right now I see way too many headaches, that you simply can't do a single thing about it.

Edited by Mindexe, 06 October 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Listy #129 Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View PostMindexe, on 06 October 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I would like for WT pull it off, but right now I see way too many headaches, that you simply can't do a single thing about it.

Keep in mind the Version number on those videos. its something like 0.0.0.5. Equally I'm sure there will be different modes like the planes have these days. Senio has shown up on the forums and stated a great many things have or are going to change before release.

basin79 #130 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles
I've noticed something similar in all these WT/GF threads. And that's loyalty to both those games and WoT. Loyalty is fine but once again, no matter which game you prefer or will be jumping ship to just remember competition is great. I'll never leave WoT due to all the money and time I've invested in it. And I've done that because I like the game. I will play GF though more than likely. There is room for 2 tank games. But which ever one you decide to focus on, if indeed you do focus on just one it's in your/our best interest for both games to do well. It stops the companies resting on their laurels.  

So here's to gaming.

Mindexe #131 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
I agree, I just get annoyed with all those "Death to WoT" after every single screenshot. It's "WoW killer" with every single MMORPG all over again...

chiggy #132 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
What I find amazing is some of the response's I've had here along the lines of:
"I don't want realism and history in this game".................yet your playing a game based on WW2/ Post WW2 tanks?
I am also a keen SC-FI fan, but I seriously have to question why not just play a game with fantasy vehicles in it instead e.g. Planetside, if the tanks in their historical context are boring and mean nothing to you?
The upgrades in tanks seem far more dramatic because sadly when you look into the vehicle in its historical context such as the Hetzer for example, they were never armed with a 10.5 gun.
It's not about jumping ship for the latest new shiny game, it about understanding that devs at Gajjin and their researchers have probably visited these forums and made notes of where this game is falling down. They will improve on this game to the best of their ability.

Edited by chiggy, 06 October 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Mindexe #133 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
If any dev is basing their game on what forum whiners are saying, that game is doomed right from start...

chiggy #134 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View PostMindexe, on 06 October 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

If any dev is basing their game on what forum whiners are saying, that game is doomed right from start...
That is an assumption, that Gajjin cannot discern what a whine is and what a real issue with this game is.
They are professionals so we can assume that they have good judgement.
Only time will tell which will be the better game, but no one can deny that this is a good start. It seems to me that Gajjin have already nailed the aircraft side of things and left WGing in something of a tizzy in regards what to do with their War Planes! They have the aircraft fans already and now its time to nail military vehicle fans.

Edited by chiggy, 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Mindexe #135 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33654 battles
Then don't you think they would rather study the game itself and see in what way they can improve, instead of filtering through 1000 threats to find 1 decent comment?
And I kinda thought that most games are made by pros, but yet we still see fail games...

Edited by Mindexe, 06 October 2013 - 11:08 AM.

chiggy #136 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View PostMindexe, on 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Then don't you think they would rather study the game itself and see in what way they can improve, instead of filtering through 1000 threats to find 1 decent comment?
Of course and I would expect WGing to do the same with Gajjin products. You can be sure that War Planes devs are taking WT very seriously considering all the money they have spent on developing that white elephant IMO. Will we ever see War Planes leave beta?

Edited by chiggy, 06 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

chiggy #137 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1
One advantage WOT has, is the amount of time it has been around. I know many who will not stop playing just because they have has over 10 thousand games. It takes a gamer with a very strong will, to stop playing this game IMO. I do know a few who have done it because they have come to realise that over the last 3 years they have missed out on some great games.
Players will whine about any game regardless..........but do you know of a community like this one? In my adult gaming community I hear more moans about this game than any other. Three years have passed to address the issues, but its just seems that WGing have either been unwilling or undetermined to think out of the box. Look how Gajjin took many of WGings original, early ideas and then implemented them in their game. Not only are Gajjin a creative company, they can think out of the box and deliver anything in their game with out restrictions or worry that it might be too much work.
I do not think WGing have any major worries, that they will not have players over the next three years. They will have players. There is however much they must do to continue their success because even big companies can fall, just look what happened to many of the Mobile Phone companies just recently who have failed to adapt. They were giants in the 1990's and now they are nothing.

Edited by chiggy, 06 October 2013 - 11:37 AM.

Ace_of_Sp4des #138 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25481 battles
I'm not looking that much into graphics because I'm sure my pc wont be able to handle them very good. :D

Edited by mccqa, 06 October 2013 - 11:53 AM.

chiggy #139 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postmccqa, on 06 October 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I'm looking that much into graphics because I'm sure my pc wont be able to handle them very good. :D
If you have not tried WT, you will be surprised at how efficient the engine actually is on your hardware.

Edited by chiggy, 06 October 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Squadman45 #140 Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
Is not a question of survive... these are team games and my experience is that even in a pure tank VS tank fight is very hard find team play... if you add planes... if people are unable to understand that hide in a rock when a teammates is raped by 2 enemies means enemy kill first teammate and late you... when you add planes it could be epic, arty "kills" mobility but planes... i feel like WT is going to need MORE teamplay not only in land you need a good air cover not only to prevent air attacks to prevent air scout!!! and you cant shoot with your tank to planes.

Now with video i see a game with better look than WOT BUT with a poor game experience, i see excesive close combat and the ability to call arty strikes... i really dont like this a lot for all tanks, other thing is that scouts can be used as arty spotters to call arty strikes (you buy them as consumables for example) or even better, an arty spotter class.

Lets see what can offer WT and how WG react to it, i think we are going to wait between 9-12 months to see WT on his release status and this is a lot of time.

PD: well, if WT made an offer of "buy 1 year of premium and we gift you 10% of your earned xp and credits in WOT in our game"... if WT is a lot better and offer more than WOT survive over 1 year could be hard losing the base of paying costumers, to kill WOT you dont need remove casual players, you need remove PAY players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users