First gameplay of WarThunder Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Etova_Kala #21 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8568 battles
Sure does look good. I'll definitely try it, but I doubt I'll immediately stop playing WoT because of it.

Dan_Abnormal #22 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32665 battles
They also need to get rid of that tacky 'artillery call in' feature, they don't even need arty with planes in the game...

Edited by Dan_Abnormal, 04 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Crapgame0507 #23 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1695 battles
Looks pretty. Will surely try the tank's department when it goes live. I won't quit WoT tho, WT is not that good.

Odysseus_ #24 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 6021 battles
Even if they release it I will stick to WoT I played it for 3 years and I have no plans to move away from it. Warthunder has better graphics but the whole principle (tech trees,premium account,3 players platoons etc) was Wargaming's idea. But this is good because WoT will have a competitor so they will work even harder on their updates  :smile:

Edited by Georgy_Zhukov_1945, 04 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

yourgreatestfear #25 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31427 battles
World of Fantasy has the better expo babes and after long struggle (years) a somewhat fair balance between TehcTrees and  paying vs f2p customers, but thats about it with advantages.
WT has everything else: gamemodes, graphics, performance, complexity, (historical) atmosphere, .... and so on. If Gaijin should ever realize that only their screwed balance and price model stands between them and major success, Wargaming would be done for.
PS; The mass of prototypes and blueprint tanks is reason enough to leave for WT, as long as they dont do the same crap in numbers of concern.

Edited by yourgreatestfear, 04 October 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Shaka_D #26 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37678 battles
The fact is this folks...that with the arrival of WT ground forces, WoT WILL lose players, no matter how many, but I personally suspect that a huge heap will leave WoT for WT. The competition will finally be here for WG and they'll be forced to step up. I know I will certainly be installing and playing WT and will have to make the choice of which I like more and it's having this choice that I like, a choice all of us will have. No more will WG dominate and hopefully this'll force them to change their attitude toward players. I welcome it's arrival.
The graphics certainly are fantastic and the effects even better and I suspect it will add a different type of atmosphere to the genre. Some will like it, some won't but I look forward to experiencing it. It doesn't have to be one or the other for us players, we can play both, but it's almost a sure thing WG will lose money as players decide how and where they want to spend. It can only be good for all of us so be positive.
I've spent a lot on WoT personally, but if WT provides me with what I feel is a better experience, this is where I'll go.
My own personal experience is I really enjoy WoT, I love the genre, and playing it has represented an amazing time for me being able to play with friends and meeting new ones along the way, but I can do the same in WT too, with many of the same friends I've gathered on my gaming journey. This time I'll exercise my right to be just as fickle as WG have been toward us with their lack of justification for changes, silent nerfs, incredulous lack of communication, general injustices toward players and generally poor poor customer relations. The game is great, but the devs and their code of conduct is not! So with that I say BRING IT ON!

Edited by jinx_uk, 04 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Kvaak #27 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View Postyourgreatestfear, on 04 October 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

World of Fantasy has the better expo babes and after long struggle (years) a somewhat fair balance between TehcTrees and  paying vs f2p customers, but thats about it with advantages.
WT has everything else: gamemodes, graphics, performance, complexity, (historical) atmosphere, .... and so on. If Gaijin should ever realize that only their screwed balance and price model stands between them and major success, Wargaming would be done for.
WT also has INSTANT DEATH LOL in the form of planes, I have this weird feeling it'll be worse than SPGs by several orders of magnitude. The only clear + I've seen so far are the graphics which are definitely far superior to those of WoT but I don't really care for sparkly graphics anyway. Also remember what happened to MWO (if it doesn't ring any bells MWO's graphics have been going downhill steadily because the developers are incapable of optimizing their piss-poor engine and instead keep stripping the graphics to improve performance, although that's the least of MWO's sins).
Frankly I find the general attitude revolving around WoT vs. WT hilarious, what you've seen so far has been 15 minutes of crude pre-beta gameplay, you have no idea how the game will turn out yet people keep shouting how WoT will die a painful death as soon as tanks roll out in WT. In fact that attitude has been around for months before anyone saw even the first screenshots of tanks in action. I guess "tragicomic" would be an appropriate expression.
I'll give WT's tanks a try as soon as I get a CBT invite or it enters open beta. Until then I'm not judging it one way or another because I have nothing to base that judgment on.

Edited by Kvaak, 04 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

benoit160 #28 Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9053 battles
R.I.P Wot :)

Tamcia #29 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26278 battles
Dam that looks better than what I expected.

Ulltussa #30 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36095 battles
As soon as they have tanks i will go there.
There are so many reasons why.
WT doesnt have to be better not even equal.

Edited by Ulltussa, 04 October 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Scuka #31 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20370 battles

View PostKvaak, on 04 October 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Frankly I find the general attitude revolving around WoT vs. WT hilarious, what you've seen so far has been 15 minutes of crude pre-beta gameplay, you have no idea how the game will turn out yet people keep shouting how WoT will die a painful death
Those are mostly hopeless whiners which can never be satisfied and kiddies who like sparkly graphics and get extreemly hyped up as soon as they see some screenshots or game footage. Quality becomes irrelevant, all you have to do to sell the game to those kiddies is have nice textures and cool visual effects.
And that's the majority of WoT playerbase, sadly.
If they want to leave, fine, let them. Looks like tanks in WT might solve the biggest problem WoT has - shitty playerbase.

Edited by Scuka, 04 October 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Tiny #32 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10882 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
I hope it will blast WoT into last week because, WoT is freaking OLD.

yourgreatestfear #33 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31427 battles

View PostKvaak, on 04 October 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

WT also has INSTANT DEATH LOL in the form of planes, I have this weird feeling it'll be worse than SPGs by several orders of magnitude. The only clear + I've seen so far are the graphics which are definitely far superior to those of WoT but I don't really care for sparkly graphics anyway. Also remember what happened to MWO (if it doesn't ring any bells MWO's graphics have been going downhill steadily because the developers are incapable of optimizing their piss-poor engine and instead keep stripping the graphics to improve performance, although that's the least of MWO's sins).
Frankly I find the general attitude revolving around WoT vs. WT hilarious, what you've seen so far has been 15 minutes of crude pre-beta gameplay, you have no idea how the game will turn out yet people keep shouting how WoT will die a painful death as soon as tanks roll out in WT. In fact that attitude has been around for months before anyone saw even the first screenshots of tanks in action. I guess "tragicomic" would be an appropriate expression.
I'll give WT's tanks a try as soon as I get a CBT invite or it enters open beta. Until then I'm not judging it one way or another because I have nothing to base that judgment on.
Instant death you have the same way in WoT, thanks to the ridiculous wide gaps in Alphadamage, camoflage, healthpools and hits like ammo rack criticals. Thats not a special feature of WT.
At least in WT you have a logic behind the damage, not a huge random calculator and a lot of abritary decisions on damage and health. Good shooting is rewarded and makes every lowTier dangerous.
As for the rest, playing WT since closed Beta and Gaijin makes very similar huge mistakes in development priorities and very basic grind mechanics. Fast cash with premium content and artificial frustration in grinds (to sell premium and advancement) seems more important then getting a good game running which is fair for all player. Gaijin has the better gameplay concept, designs and engine, but sadly a similar crappy team if it comes down to priorities and decisions.
I dont see or wish the death of WoT, I would love to see them in a hard fought competition which will end up in higher quality and better prices for both communities. Both companies can learn a lot from each other.

Edited by yourgreatestfear, 04 October 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Kvaak #34 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View Postyourgreatestfear, on 04 October 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Instant death you have the same way in WoT, thanks to the ridiculous wide gaps in Alphadamage, camoflage, healthpools and hits like ammo rack criticals. Thats not a special feature of WT.
At least in WT you have a logic behind the damage, not a huge random calculator and a lot of abritary decisions on damage and health. Good shooting is rewarded.
That's assuming there's no skill involved in WoT. Abusing camo is one of the most crucial skills any decent player has to have. Ammo rack explosions are extremely rare, and from what I've seen WT is even more random. There's absolutely no way to know when or if an enemy is going to die, your next shot might damage a critical module or it might not. At least the HP mechanic WoT uses, as artificial and unrealistic it is, is very clear in this regard.
That's assuming gameplay is going to be just like what it looks like in the preview, like I said I'm not judging WT one way or another until I try it out myself.

I dont see or wish the death of WoT, I would love to see them in a hard fought competition which will end up in higher quality and better prices for both communities. Both companies can learn a lot from each other.
In that regard we agree. The worst thing that can happen is WG gets even more greedy and just tries to attract more newbies instead of focusing on the existing playerbase. Whatever that means.

Those are mostly hopeless whiners which can never be satisfied and kiddies who like sparkly graphics and get extreemly hyped up as soon as they see some screenshots or game footage. Quality becomes irrelevant, all you have to do to sell the game to those kiddies is have nice textures and cool visual effects.
And that's the majority of WoT playerbase, sadly.
If they want to leave, fine, let them. Looks like tanks in WT might solve the biggest problem WoT has - shitty playerbase.
I highly doubt it, WoT and WT are too popular not to attract swarms of idiots. The only games with mostly mature communities I've ever played are obscure ones that only spread via the small playerbase itself, like what Natural Selection at least used to be. Last time I checked it had basically split into elitist veterans and arrogant newbies.

C_7_M #35 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22161 battles
its not real like WOT, and the phisics are not the same, i will try it, but i dont think this game can be so good as World of Tanks.

De_Plunkett #36 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 32137 battles

View PostGeorgy_Zhukov_1945, on 04 October 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Even if they release it I will stick to WoT I played it for 3 years and I have no plans to move away from it. Warthunder has better graphics but the whole principle (tech trees,premium account,3 players platoons etc) was Wargaming's idea. But this is good because WoT will have a competitor so they will work even harder on their updates  :smile:
agreed !

Jetser #37 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15439 battles
  • [NOFUN] NOFUN
Maybe this will wake up WG and make them step up their game.

If there is no gold ammo in WT, I will def. try it out.

Achibot #38 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

View PostJetser, on 04 October 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

Maybe this will wake up WG and make them step up their game.

If there is no gold ammo in WT, I will def. try it out.
Yeah, I can already tell this will not be the game for you.

Kvaak #39 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View PostAchibot, on 04 October 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Yeah, I can already tell this will not be the game for you.
Yeah, at least you can buy all the ingame advantages in WoT with credits even if you need a premium account to constantly afford them.

Yamaxanadu #40 Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

View Postyourgreatestfear, on 04 October 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

PS; The mass of prototypes and blueprint tanks is reason enough to leave for WT, as long as they dont do the same crap in numbers of concern.
The main problem of WT now is that it has all secondary features (grahpics, complexity and etx) while WoT got all primary ones (gameplay, balance of p2p vs f2p and etc). MMO games survive through gameplay... Not the looks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users