Jump to content


First gameplay of WarThunder Tanks


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Renesco #41 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 24973 battles
  • 753
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
{Moderated}

Edited by CarlR, 06 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. ~CarlR


Ast3r09 #42 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38278 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
that looks great !

bigger maps = more strategies  (finaly there is a point to have a sniper tank) = more fun

go go WT you  can do it!

yourgreatestfear #43 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31427 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostYamaxanadu, on 04 October 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

The main problem of WT now is that it has all secondary features (grahpics, complexity and etx) while WoT got all primary ones (gameplay, balance of p2p vs f2p and etc). MMO games survive through gameplay... Not the looks.

Yes, WT clearly has this problem, but unlike Wargamings dead end of a limiting engine, they have the option open to get rid of the problem .... as soon as they get down to it.

Yamaxanadu #44 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1215 battles
  • 5,026
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

View Postyourgreatestfear, on 04 October 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Yes, WT clearly has this problem, but unlike Wargamings dead end of a limiting engine, they have the option open to get rid of the problem .... as soon as they get down to it.
Well, the engine itself is not a problem. The main problem is performance of their engine. Graphics are secondary while smooth playing is primary which kind of problem for WG.

Orkel2 #45 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21188 battles
  • 1,319
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
The videos are from arcade mode. It's known for its silliness.

Apparently historical battles won't have that "artillery mechanic" and the tank gameplay will be a lot different.

Yamaxanadu #46 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1215 battles
  • 5,026
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

View PostOrkel2, on 04 October 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Apparently historical battles won't have that "artillery mechanic" and the tank gameplay will be a lot different.
According to leaking information Gaijins do not know how to deal with their planes which prefer to own ground targets in all modes.

ChuckTheCrabImitation #47 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25215 battles
  • 332
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013
maybe they'll stop threat us like scums. maybe when somebody ask something will get an answer not a troll like horrible or dont play with. lets hope
e: i see alot of frustration in above posts lulz...

Edited by floriniulian89, 04 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.


Fullgatsu #48 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14420 battles
  • 1,740
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

View PostOrkel2, on 04 October 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

The videos are from arcade mode. It's known for its silliness.
Apparently historical battles won't have that "artillery mechanic" and the tank gameplay will be a lot different.
That's good to hear. Though I'm still unsure that they can find a way for tanks and planes to be balanced to each other.

Edited by Fullgatsu, 04 October 2013 - 11:43 PM.


SchDerGrosse #49 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9176 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    12-19-2011
Looks promising.

One thing I cant grasp is how will they balance things out between slow lumbering tanks and ground attack planes.

My fear is that dive bombers and rocket spamming russian IL2s will be much worse than pre 8.6. wot arty parties.,

yourgreatestfear #50 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31427 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostYamaxanadu, on 04 October 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well, the engine itself is not a problem. The main problem is performance of their engine. Graphics are secondary while smooth playing is primary which kind of problem for WG.

The engine is the major problem I would say, since it is limiting mapsize, visibilities etc. it just makes better/alternative gameplay impossible currently. Who knows what fancy maps, longrange game mechanics and large scale battles we already would have with a better engine.

Whole classes of units are kinda pointless by the tiny map designs and primitive battle goals. To fix that they invented the dumb visibility system and had to tweak the whole penetration/armor mechanics to make it matter in close combat.

Achibot #51 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17959 battles
  • 2,225
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

View PostSchDerGrosse, on 04 October 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Looks promising.

One thing I cant grasp is how will they balance things out between slow lumbering tanks and ground attack planes.

My fear is that dive bombers and rocket spamming russian IL2s will be much worse than pre 8.6. wot arty parties.,
If the plane game is anything at all to go by they won't even try.

SchDerGrosse #52 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9176 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    12-19-2011

View PostAchibot, on 04 October 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

If the plane game is anything at all to go by they won't even try.
What do you mean by this?

They will have to balance it out somehow (although I cant really see ANY way to do it) or everyone and their mother will be flying planes exlcusively.

The devs talk about "tanks can only really be hurt by direct hits and directly hitting a tank is difficult". Yea sure, if I recall correctly dive bombers are pretty much capable of direct hitting anything.

Anyhow, we'll see.

Krizmuz #53 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9031 battles
  • 1,930
  • Member since:
    03-21-2012

View PostSchDerGrosse, on 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

What do you mean by this?

They will have to balance it out somehow (although I cant really see ANY way to do it) or everyone and their mother will be flying planes exlcusively.

The devs talk about "tanks can only really be hurt by direct hits and directly hitting a tank is difficult". Yea sure, if I recall correctly dive bombers are pretty much capable of direct hitting anything.

Anyhow, we'll see.
50 kg bomb in 50m radius of the tank did the job in historical battles.

Achibot #54 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17959 battles
  • 2,225
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

View PostSchDerGrosse, on 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

What do you mean by this?

They will have to balance it out somehow (although I cant really see ANY way to do it) or everyone and their mother will be flying planes exlcusively.

The devs talk about "tanks can only really be hurt by direct hits and directly hitting a tank is difficult". Yea sure, if I recall correctly dive bombers are pretty much capable of direct hitting anything.

Anyhow, we'll see.
In the plane game it's not at all uncommon for Jets to battle Biplanes or early 40's bombers etc. If the same holds true in the tank game then all the +-2 Tier whiners are in for a major shock. This is before you even consider that it is economically impossible to play high tier vehicles without spending Eagles (Gold) to repair them, high tier skills are bought with Eagles, the best planes have a tendancy to be premium but even if they have a tech tree equivalent that plane will cost Eagles to run etc etc. Tip of the iceberg really. the list goes on, it's been getting steadily longer to be honest, although the largest declines started about 6 months ago I reckon.

Yamaxanadu #55 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1215 battles
  • 5,026
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

View PostWootanklan, on 04 October 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

50 kg bomb in 50m radius of the tank did the job in historical battles.
Russians just drop cassette bombs (100 small 800 gramm HEAT bombs) over tanks in WW2... One is enough...

amashi #56 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13314 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012
My Stuka's Are ready for Ground forces :)

Krizmuz #57 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9031 battles
  • 1,930
  • Member since:
    03-21-2012

View PostYamaxanadu, on 04 October 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Russians just drop cassette bombs (100 small 800 gramm HEAT bombs) over tanks in WW2... One is enough...
Don't know about the real thing, was talking about war thunder "historical battles"- game mode :P

Yamaxanadu #58 Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1215 battles
  • 5,026
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

View PostWootanklan, on 04 October 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Don't know about the real thing, was talking about war thunder "historical battles"- game mode :P
This is how historically IL2 Sturmovik dealt with tank formation. Add here its auto-cannons... =)

wims80 #59 Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10801 battles
  • 4,611
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012

View PostDan_Abnormal, on 04 October 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

They also need to get rid of that tacky 'artillery call in' feature, they don't even need arty with planes in the game...
Hmm, what's so tacky about that feature? I like it a lot better than the way arty is implemented in WoT

Kvaak #60 Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles
  • 2,052
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

View Postwims80, on 05 October 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hmm, what's so tacky about that feature? I like it a lot better than the way arty is implemented in WoT
.
The fact it has a 2-second cooldown, hits almost instantly and can be used by anyone anywhere?
.
I'd assume those will be changed at some point though.

Edited by Kvaak, 05 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users