First gameplay of WarThunder Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Squadman45 #81 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
Is a very early version... the interesting things i see is how tanks are destroyed, something more realistic than in WOT, how tanks move on terrain and maybe models more detailled BUT maybe this is because they are bigger and uses a more closer out zoomb but apart this... no very impresed interface is very poor, specially sniper mode and only looks adecuate to fight at very close range, in a long range duel like in WOT... they need work a lot here.
I think that more than kill WOT WT is going to force WG to improve WOT offer in game modes and other things (like mercenaries in CW for example) but after see WT... i feel like when appear CS Source, it was kill CS 1.5 but in the end today survive CS 1.5 and the modern CS is 1.5 on steroids or a CS source ala 1.5.
I feel like WT is going to be the "historical game" and WOT the true arcade with more tanks to use, maybe in 2-3 years when people in WOT have a new PC can start using WT but in 2-3 years WOT can release a 2.0 version of the engine and offer the same as WT, in this 2-3 years to a new WOT engine WG is going to compete in content and offers like the acutal mission system but improved.
PD: i am not a fan of WG and i really like see competence to force them work in game and not only in tank models.
EDIT: sorry i dont remember say that in the video we dont see how works spotting system, and if i dont remember bad maybe there is no arty they have aircrafts... if is hard balance arty... to counter planes you need or a good air cover or a good AAA support... this add AAA vehicles that are unusefull VS tanks (i doubt people use a flak gun is a lot better MGs or an autogun pack) and you dont need coordinate VS arty you need coordinate VS aircrafts and provide support to AAA units, destroy enemy AAA ... a lot of extra team work and here all we know how is teamwork in WOT... people cant understand the mission of 5 classes of tanks add in a game a 3rd dimension and LOL.

Edited by Squadman45, 05 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

jonnyrubber #82 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13382 battles
well looks have never been a problem for WT.

I will say though those tanks look very quick (as does the reload). there also doesnt appear to be much difference between terrain (or even going up hill) it looks pretty much the same speed for everything.

Over all it looks more like a game of COD than a tank battle to me.

(calling in arty in any game mode is a big no no for me)

So i expect that it will look very nice but like the planes the long term appeal will be limited

Hopeinen #83 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48359 battles
The fast tanks and stuff might be that the game is still in early phases, still looks quite interesting.
I will probably play both WoT & WT(that is if i like WT in the first place).

_bitter_end_ #84 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56874 battles

View PostOzego, on 04 October 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Dont know if you guys watched the stream but here is is first actual gameplay of tanks in WarThunder. In my opinion it has only good graphics but everything else meh.Still gonna stick with wot. What do you guys think about it?
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=foTmS4omfoE

Seems very interesting for me. I'm waiting it for a long time now. Wot will lose some players, if wg not doing somtg with wot to be a much more fair game.

Squadman45 #85 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
The interest for me is in the WT things no present in WOT... AT positions, halftracks, vehicles on wheels... these extra stuff and how game works (other game modes or game features) sure are going to force WG work more in WOT and less in add more and more and more tanks (usually unbalanced and full of hit boxes bugs).

now WT looks more than arcade, you are right, it remember me a little Battlefield.

SABAOTH #86 Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostAchibot, on 04 October 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

You guys might be getting your hopes up a bit. Gaijin have been steadily increasing the p2pwn of their plane game to the point where it's becoming really cringeworthy. If they take the same direction with the tank element then it's gonna be a problem. I mean there are people here who cry buckets over +2/-2 matchmaking. If you think that's bad, heh, let's just say you're in for a bit of a shock.

Sure it got a great potential, definitely worth a try.

If it is pay to win anyway, they can keep it.

Best point of WoT is probably the fact that everyone is having same chances no matter how much cash they put into.

(said that, please give us back our premium tanks income, that nerf was lame -.-  :sceptic: )

Squadman45 #87 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
And not only monetary chances... WOT works relative good in old PCs, i am using a 2008 one i am not using top graphic selection but i have a good balance to have decent views and good performance.

But again, for me the main point in WT is force WG work more in the game part and less in the model part, at this point we miss garage wars, historical mode only to see a for me not very interesting 7 VS 7 model limited to tier 8 or inferior with no extra earnings... saddly after 3 years in WOT i play the same game mode and assault-encounter dont change a lot this for me (companies... i dont play this, i expend more time waiting start battle than playing it and time is limited to grind and farm credits).

Lil_Chewieezy #88 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31107 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postnagymocsok, on 05 October 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Seems very interesting for me. I'm waiting it for a long time now. Wot will lose some players, if wg not doing somtg with wot to be a much more fair game.
Not only is WoT as a game more fair, but WG also offers it as a fair product to their "customers".
Don't know what you think Gaijing will offer you, but expect nothing but terrible treatment and practices. The only thing you can expect is what you currently see, how you will get to what you see is a completely different matter and getting there won't be pleasant.

Edited by Chewiezohrr, 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

DesertRat70 #89 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9775 battles
All it needs is no premium ammo, for armor to mean that you need to use ability and tactics to kill your opponent. That will be enough for me to take a look at that game.

mondog #90 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14599 battles

View PostBallbag101, on 05 October 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

did you ever see WoT in alpha mode? or even beta?how can you judge a game based on a few minutes in alpha?

If it's like that in a prerelease state, it's going to be awesome. Apart from a few bugs it looks quite solid.

Squadman45 #91 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
Well, if WG reduce mm from +-2 to +-1 ... i dont see why not WG add a non premium ammo mode where you cant use premium ammo BUT you see mm level move from +-2 to +-1, you cant use premium but you only can see tanks one tier over yours.

For me WG now needs decide what do in 3 points:

1st, the most inminent decision, improve works in new game modes.
2nd, middle term, they need think what do with things like static AT positions and vehicles controled by AI, they can work on this for a game mode like L4D surviving game mode, a team of humans VS hordes of bots for example, or add a training mode where you can fight VS bots.
3rd, for the long time a new WOT engine a 2.0 version with improvements in all aspects not only better graphics, better performance with old PCs and new features.

mondog #92 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14599 battles

View PostChewiezohrr, on 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Not only is WoT as a game more fair, but WG also offers it as a fair product to their "customers"..Don't know what you think Gaijing will offer you, but expect nothing but terrible treatment and practices. The only thing you can expect is what you currently see, how you will get to what you see is a completely different matter and getting there won't be pleasant.

So no different to wargaming then?  So far as a consumer WT looks very good. Put away the fan boyisms, war thunder is looking like an extremely good product right now. In HB and FRB mode wot/wowp will not be able to compete, no game currently or planned can.

Squadman45 #93 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
Looks good but one thing is look and other when you play it... if in WOT arty balance is a big problem after years have in same game tanks, planes and maybe in future ships... how balance 3 diferent warfare systems to be together in same map??? i remember battlefield times and well, is not an easy mission.

I allways want see WG with competence to work more in players desires and less on their interests, maybe WT needs... 1 year or similar to be ready and this is for me the time that have WG to made WOT jump from monopoly to "free market" WOT has good points but as game the evolution is very poor after 3 years, is shorter in game options than last century games or 10 years old games (i never understand why WG doesnt work in a capture the flag game mode with zones of control with respawn system... or increase the 15 VS 15 to 20 VS 20 or more).

Lets see what can offer WT and how WG react at least in land and naval part because i think that WG lose the "air war".

Blue_Badger #94 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14731 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
It definitely looks far more similar to WoT than I was expecting. I already plat WT so i'll give it a shot but I can't honestly see how it could be more fun than WoT (admit it, this game is fun).

The Success of these games depends on how addictive and fun they are. WoT is very good at this. WT not so much due to the clunky tech tree's, imbalance and poor economic model, but this is just leaves scope for improvement. I will reserve judgement until I have seen the land forces for myself.

Jaak_Taiger #95 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17960 battles

View PostChewiezohrr, on 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Not only is WoT as a game more fair, but WG also offers it as a fair product to their "customers".
Don't know what you think Gaijing will offer you, but expect nothing but terrible treatment and practices
I've experienced quite the opposite with Gaijin. I accidentally bought Golden Eagles (the WT equivalent of gold) to a wrong account that I wasn't using, explained the situation to their support and got the Golden Eagles transferred to the correct account. I honestly doubt this would've been possible with WG

Anthoniusii #96 Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23972 battles
Better smoke and sound effects, better enviroment grafics....
Some time ago i wrote in general discussion thread that competition was to close...
Back then sone WG "defenders" filled my profile with neg rep points...
Now i can see that i was right....
Competition is not CLOSE any more it became BETTER.
What WG does? Fills its tank repository with imaginary tanks that ruin the game without any sence of game ballance!!!!!!
Maybe after 2.5 years in this game , is time toi go to the other side....
WG developers crossed the Hybris line thinking that they were pefrect and mistakeless!!!!
Now they will pay the price by loosing their customers unless they will fix this damn game!

Squadman45 #97 Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
Well, they think a lot this BUT now when they can see the wolf ears... i am going to buy a ton of pop corn to see WG movements before WTGF release for me stay in WOT or not depend a lot of what they are going to do.

PD: i feel more confortable in WOT with his tank VS tank system than in WT with his multiweapons enviroment but if can offer better game experience... well, i prefer something new and refreshing than the smell of an open grave  :trollface:

Rampage #98 Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15143 battles
Well, competition is always good. Some will do X the others will do X but better. Customers will have a choice. Which they don't right now since WoT is the only tank arcade game on the market.
WoT will also have planes which will kill tanks, as they stated they will unify WoT and WoWp gameplay in the near future. And WoB. It's a matter of time. Also as they purchased the BW developing company I'm sure they are working to another WoT engine, close to the nowadays tech.
As I've said if WT will do X WG will do X better. If WG will do X better WT will do it even better. Competition is necessary. Some will play WoT still some will play WT. Whiners will whine, players will enjoy each of them,. Just like MW series and BF series.

Edited by Rampage, 05 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Coenraad #99 Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10278 battles
I removed WoT from my system yesterday. Tired of braindead monkies and that spotting system. I like WT look forward to the tanks.

wims80 #100 Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles

View PostDekat, on 05 October 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Finally WG has something to be aware of. I am curious how will their attitude towards players change.To be honest WT looks very, very good. DAT feeling of tons of steel moving not sliding like in WoT.
You'd be surprised about how much a tank actually moves around in real life. It feels a lot like it's floating on top of water, kinda like a boat. I think WT gives a pretty good rendition of that tho, at least from watching the video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users