Really,really, really getting P'd off with this game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

The_Foolio #1 Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33202 battles
This is a vent and full of generalisations. If you don't want to contribute constructively please leave now.

I'm really beginning to hate this game. Help!

Game, after game, after game, after game of watching 90% of the team disappear off in one direction, totally ignoring any sort of balanced tactics or comprehension of what leaving a totally open flank means. Nobody looking at the map. Nobody watching chat. Just bloody morons.

How do I cope without uninstalling for good or throwing my laptop out of the window.

CaravanOfCourage #2 Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47188 battles
Take a break, just a few days or a week will help a lot

olukej #3 Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles
  • Go for a jog
  • go watch some pr0n TV
  • punch a wall
  • eat through your reserves of chocolate

Kvaak #4 Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View PostThe_Foolio, on 06 October 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

How do I cope without uninstalling
Actually I recommend you do just that. I just kept a break of week or two after a rageuninstall and frankly the game feels more refreshing than it has for a looong time.
Forget about doubles, forget about specials, forget about that tank you've been grinding towards so passionately. Just reinstall when you feel like it. If you never feel like it then leave it at that. In the end WoT is nothing but a video game, there's no reason you can't just turn around and walk away. Whatever time and money you've already invested on it won't come back whatever you do.

Edited by Kvaak, 06 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

rixto003 #5 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 17776 battles
  • [MNQD] MNQD

View PostKvaak, on 06 October 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Actually I recommend you do just that. I just kept a break of week or two after a rageuninstall and frankly the game feels more refreshing than it has for a looong time.
Forget about doubles, forget about specials, forget about that tank you've been grinding towards so passionately. Just reinstall when you feel like it. If you never feel like it then leave it at that. In the end WoT is nothing but a video game, there's no reason you can't just turn around and walk away. Whatever time and money you've already invested on it won't come back whatever you do.

it really does work... constant "rebalancing" and simplifying of this game finally got to my nerves so I took nearly a month long break from this game. After that it was much better to play again

del502025849 #6 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10064 battles

View PostThe_Foolio, on 06 October 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

This is a vent and full of generalisations. If you don't want to contribute constructively please leave now.

I'm really beginning to hate this game. Help!

Game, after game, after game, after game of watching 90% of the team disappear off in one direction, totally ignoring any sort of balanced tactics or comprehension of what leaving a totally open flank means. Nobody looking at the map. Nobody watching chat. Just bloody morons.

How do I cope without uninstalling for good or throwing my laptop out of the window.

weekends are the problem. kids are the problem. after weeks only playing on monday-friday this weekend i've played about 20 or 30 games... i hated this game so much that i stopped playing it, just play on monday-friday, weekends are children territory, leave weekends like i've done

drackleon #7 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20534 battles
go play with friends, 3 in platon is the best, u can hold a flank :)
trust me :)

kwk75l48 #8 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18998 battles
  • [TDC] TDC
just play for fun if you have to keep playing, my matilda  has saved several breakdowns just running it.

find a tank you like and are good in and get on that win train with positive thought  :smile:

Hounds #9 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10883 battles
I can only agree with whats been said, walk away. It's not worth the rage, sure i haven't played for long.
But i have played enough to realize that both flanks need to be coverd and not all can rush into the sunset, when that happends more than once i close the game and does something else

Edited by Hounds, 06 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

The_Foolio #10 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33202 battles
Thanks guys. All really helpful, and obvious :) advice.

I really do love this game. As much as Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2 and Americas Army. And that is saying something. But...

I've never played a game where the players seem to have such little comprehension that this is a team game with subtleties, strategy and team work being key. Some people play it like it's deathmatch.

There just doesn't seem to be any community within the game, or, dare I say it fun.

Had a game tonight when I was in a BP working with a T95 (I think). We both accidentally fell off a ridge and got stuck, like a couple of twats. It was the funniest thing I've seen in ages in WoT. Next thing I know we're getting abuse. The usual kind. It just ticked me off. On one hand people take it so serious that you make a mistake and get pilloried, on the other if it's soooo serious playing the flippin' game properly. I'm rambling now...

justpin #11 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9217 battles
Whoa hold it right there, WoT is not a team game, sure you might be put into a tank team, you might be divided into sides.

But a team game it is not, while some tanks appear to coordinate and focus on a certain area, its less team play more vultures scrambling for a kill.

PowJay #12 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34564 battles
Take my advice. Don't give a s**t!

I've had possibly the worst week since I registered around 12 mths ago. It doesn't seem to matter what I do,  I am having lousy wins and even more lousy losses. The best I can say is that I have, occasionally,  been able to hold my head high and say that I played my part.

So on Friday,  I decided to stop caring.

Some more of this weekend's experience-

Platoon of T-50, Cruiser IV and T18 in tier VII battle. Newbies? No. 17K games between them.

Half the team including most of the heavies going to the valley in Lakeville ENCOUNTER.

Troll platoon of IS with tier III.

No scouts on El Halluf,  so I- with the most powerful gun in the battle has nothing to shoot at for three minutes and end up having to make a final stand,  which I lost. (SU-152)

And more of the same.

The ONLY award of ANY description that I've had all day is Sharpshooter. And I think that was in my new T-150.

It don't mean nothing. Not a thing.

I'll be back tomorrow night to do it all again.

Solexi #13 Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33225 battles
I was getting really annoyed with the game recently as well... Then I bought a KV-2 derp.

BushMast3r #14 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19533 battles
playing it everyday will just make it worste and you will hate it more as most ppl posted take breaks play one day rest and so on,i used to be like you hated it so much

Also i would suggest joining a clan mainly due to you can have some mates who actually will help out,it did wonders for me after joining a clan

Thrael7 #15 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22958 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Maybe this will cheer u up a bit... Epic! If we hadn't scored a few it would 've made my October wallpaper.

Posted Image

Guywithnoname #16 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13702 battles
Don't get pissed off just take it on a funny way, is it not absurd a battle where medium tank are diving in the sea while 2 heavy are pushing each other to get a sniping bush after the light tank get a suicide rush to see that yes they're is 15 ennemy on the base?

My last battle before i leave i've done more domage than all my team together with my SU85B vs T6  :playing:  mmh... Ok i've only done 500 but thats more than all my team mate together... :facepalm:

popaj #17 Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30136 battles
Last 1 month iv'e played myb 10 games and trust me i don't want spend any more time on this monkey game
http://store.steampowered.com/
Here, Steam offers discounts on over 2k games, i play Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the games are funny , graphic is great and you don't have any lags.
I play Warframe to, it's free to play.
Point of games is to have fun, in this game only monkeys find fun, took me 2 years to finally figure that out.
Stop poison your self with this crap.

Edited by popaj, 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Kvaak #18 Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13483 battles

View Postpopaj, on 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Last 1 month iv'e played myb 10 games and trust me i don't want spend any more time on this monkey game
http://store.steampowered.com/
Here, Steam offers discounts on over 2k games, i play Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the games are funny , graphic is great and you don't have any lags.
I play Warframe to, it's free to play.
Point of games is to have fun, in this game only monkeys find fun, took me 2 years to finally figure that out.
Stop poison your self with this crap.
Spent like 15-20h on BL2, got tired of it due to its extremely repetitive and monotonous gameplay (constantly reskinned enemies get an honorable mention) and didn't even finish it. I suppose it'd be more fun with multiplayer but everyone I really to care play with it already got bored with it since I jumped on the train kind of late. Dunno how much dosh I've spent on WoT, probably a 3-digit figure or close to one but I'd say I've got much better value for my money from WoT than I did from BL2.
I do agree with your principle of not playing something you don't enjoy though. No point in playing a video game you don't find fun. Which is also why I quit LoL despite everyone I know and their grandparents playing it. Even playing with friends goes so far if you find the game itself flawed.

PowJay #19 Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34564 battles
How do you like this one?

Mines Encounter. SU-152, bottom tier, starting south. I go left because you can hit the hill from there. Most of the team go to the hill. The cap siren starts and XVM says 1, then 2, then 3+. Most of the team are still on the hill.

Someone resets one tank with about 10 seconds or less to go, but it is too late.

A French TD is spotted on the left-hand island. I aim up ready for it, I can see its marker right up to the moment that it clears the rocks and then- in plain sight in front of me- it disappears. The game is over in 2 minutes and 3 seconds and I haven't fired a shot. Five of the team are dead for no kills in return.

ZERO XP.

Good, isn't it?

Burglaralarm #20 Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42031 battles

View PostThe_Foolio, on 06 October 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Thanks guys. All really helpful, and obvious :) advice.

I really do love this game. As much as Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2 and Americas Army. And that is saying something. But...

Sometimes it is just better to play with computer than human beings, isn't it... :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users