Jump to content


I know, I know


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Louis2brosGummer #1 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 31107 battles
  • 848
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
it's that thread again,

but just have to vent some frustration...

Arty....is really getting on my nerves again these past few days. I am even being one-shot again....Inaccurate ? don't think so...checking these arty-players stats pretty often, and arty accuracy is going up 40%+ hitrate..on lots of the players I check after battle via after battle report.
Arty....hits me (almost) every time in TD mode when I am attacking them at full speed and making evasive movements.
Arty....(and other "inaccurate" tanks and td's) turn their hull to shoot at me, because I am trying to flank them in my meds, and immediately shoot without taking time to aim and off course they magically hit me pretty much every time while their aim circle must be screensize....
Arty....kills me when I am in my med flanking them (at a distance) when I stop to aim, arty turn towards me, I wait for my aim circle to close because of the distance, arty already fires....I am dead. even more accurate when not even aiming half the time my med needs to aim. Common this is just ridiculous, his shot would have to go to the moon.
Arty....some midtier arty still has the r.o.f (and accuracy) to track me and do damage while I am moving with his first shot, and then kill me with a second shot before my tracks are repaired....fv304 in particular, and the French premium arty. arty inaccurate? I don't think so.

I know arty is a part of this game, and it's here to stay, but it just does not feel right. It is still ruining the fun way to often, form it's cozy bush behind some hill on the other side of the map. There is just nothing you can do about it, and it stinks.

sorry all arty players, but sometimes I just cannot help myself and I have to type some nice remarks in chat...So please except my apologies before we meet, because after you hit me, I will be very frustrated sometimes.

KawaGreen #2 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • 1,931
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
Yeah sometimes I receive a shot from nowhere and get amazed about how arty was able to hit me.
But I can accept it, it is way better than before where you would just get hit by 3 arties from the moment you were spotted.

Before the arty change I was angry a lot, but since they finally nerfed arty my whole wot experience just got nicer.

aGentleTanker #3 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21043 battles
  • 3,476
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Don't bless arty, bless wargamings RNG mechanics.
I still play Hummel and Obj212a from time to time.
And once all shots hit center of reticle and are quite deadly (likely annoying for my victims) but the other day you play exact the same way and all shells land 50m away from the target.

Anunzi #4 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5076 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Well, I’ve only been back in game a week, but I must disagree with you.

I honestly find that arty is a non issue now, sure you get splatted the occasional lucky shot, but for the most part arty is no longer the death-from-above ™ that it once was.

Hell, I’m even thinking of dusting off my E75 and E100 and taking them out for a spin.

LetsRockAndRoll #5 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28635 battles
  • 1,559
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013
I know it's a pain but if you are close enough to flank a td or spg and they are using a boom stick with HE they don't need to wait for the aiming reticule to settle on you before they fire. Ask any KV2 driver.

kwk75l48 #6 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 18998 battles
  • 2,362
  • [TDC] TDC
  • Member since:
    11-28-2010
the fv 304 does have a good rate of fire and accuraccy however it is tier 6 its damage on average is near 100 hp per shot and it has a usefull range of 400-450 meters.  

Yup i hit a moving su85 yesterday and destroyed it,  This was because i lead the target well, I got lucky with the Dispersion roll. oh and he drove in a straight line.  So it was a combination of experience, luck, and of course target ignorance.

MadInAShed #7 Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20502 battles
  • 1,675
  • [TYTI] TYTI
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010
I would much rather have this nerfed arty than previous arty. I am happy to accept that the ary that is out there now has to be driven well to hit me, rather than the point and click doom bringers of before.

Gancelot #8 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25833 battles
  • 432
  • [MIND] MIND
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012

View PostKawaGreen, on 07 October 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Yeah sometimes I receive a shot from nowhere and get amazed about how arty was able to hit me.
But I can accept it, it is way better than before where you would just get hit by 3 arties from the moment you were spotted.

Before the arty change I was angry a lot, but since they finally nerfed arty my whole wot experience just got nicer.

That moment when a 400 eff arty player 1 shots you. Anger at first then just laugh to my mates how amazed I am at that 400 eff player actually hitting anything. :trollface:
Happens every now and again but not like before when it was whack a mole arty style at everything that was being spotted.

Mr_Sukebe #9 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32318 battles
  • 2,623
  • [ZOLO] ZOLO
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
Arty now feels very balanced to me.
Played well, it should make life very miserable for enemies who can't be bothered to move.  I rarely get hit by arty, but that's because I'm NOT superglued in place.

As for close combat, sure I've been killed by them, but generally I'm the person doing the kicking when I find them in say a med nowadays.

If you are still having an issue, you need to re-think your tactics.

Anund #10 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14131 battles
  • 341
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011
Arty is better since the nerf but still the worst thing in WoT, by far. I wish they would just remove arty from the game entirely.

laser_frate #11 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11772 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012

View PostLouis2brosGummer, on 07 October 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

it's that thread again,
but just have to vent some frustration...
Arty....is really getting on my nerves again these past few days. I am even being one-shot again....Inaccurate ? don't think so...checking these arty-players stats pretty often, and arty accuracy is going up 40%+ hitrate..on lots of the players I check after battle via after battle report.
Arty....hits me (almost) every time in TD mode when I am attacking them at full speed and making evasive movements.
Arty....(and other "inaccurate" tanks and td's) turn their hull to shoot at me, because I am trying to flank them in my meds, and immediately shoot without taking time to aim and off course they magically hit me pretty much every time while their aim circle must be screensize....
Arty....kills me when I am in my med flanking them (at a distance) when I stop to aim, arty turn towards me, I wait for my aim circle to close because of the distance, arty already fires....I am dead. even more accurate when not even aiming half the time my med needs to aim. Common this is just ridiculous, his shot would have to go to the moon.
Arty....some midtier arty still has the r.o.f (and accuracy) to track me and do damage while I am moving with his first shot, and then kill me with a second shot before my tracks are repaired....fv304 in particular, and the French premium arty. arty inaccurate? I don't think so.
I know arty is a part of this game, and it's here to stay, but it just does not feel right. It is still ruining the fun way to often, form it's cozy bush behind some hill on the other side of the map. There is just nothing you can do about it, and it stinks.
sorry all arty players, but sometimes I just cannot help myself and I have to type some nice remarks in chat...So please except my apologies before we meet, because after you hit me, I will be very frustrated sometimes.
-
The negrep you are given is unjustified, I've had the same problem the past 4 days.
-
Creeping at 60 km/h behind an arty at A0 at a clutch moment in Murovanka only to see it as it turns at full traverse , does not aim , clicks me and kills me , while i didn't get ONE chance to aim with a 2.0 sec aim gun. Here be the replay http://wotreplays.co...aser_frate-e-50
-
Might be a stealth burf to arties, for the weekend tomatos to enjoy.

Edited by laser_frate, 07 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.


duvvel #12 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29799 battles
  • 632
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013
Op, what a pile of c... nonsense I mean  :smile: .

Basically you are angry because arty still can kill you. I bet you would like them to be useless pieces of junk that hit sometimes by accident, is that right ?

Arty's accuracy is much worse after nerf, especially on lower tiers. Aiming takes a VERY long time, so hitting a target that moves in clever way is very hard (but not impossible). Of course if you sit behind bush or building and think that makes you safe ... don't blame anyone but yourself.
Since nerf I oneshoted maybe 2-3 enemies. They were all hellcats I think :). If something has any armor then oneshoting is very very rare.
Accuracy in TD mode ? About 50% I would say. And only if enemy comes from the front. If he doesn't - almost no chances. If you think it's too much then consider that projectile leaves the barrel in quite straight line, it can't deviate so much to actually go for the moon (unless you were aiming at it).
Arty can track you and reload to hit you again ??? OMG. For one thing - that's what repair kit and repair skill is for. Furthermore most low-mid tier arties are too inaccurate to do that, and most mid-top tier have reload times 30s+. I can't imagine not repairing tracks in 30s.

Steffenximus #13 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 10920 battles
  • 2,129
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011
First of all, the arty wasn't nerfed, it was significantly changed. If you people can't coop with these changes it's your downfall

View PostKawaGreen, on 07 October 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Before the arty change I was angry a lot, but since they finally nerfed arty my whole wot experience just got nicer.
Precisely. Now you don't have to worry about an arty barrage when leaving cover for longer than 5s.

The only problem that remains to be fixed is T10 TDs, the rest iof TDs are fine but not those.

Anunzi #14 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5076 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Postlaser_frate, on 07 October 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

-
The negrep you are given is unjustified, I've had the same problem the past 4 days.
-
Creeping at 60 km/h behind an arty at A0 at a clutch moment in Murovanka only to see it as it turns at full traverse , does not aim , clicks me and kills me , while i didn't get ONE chance to aim with a 2.0 sec aim gun. Here be the replay http://wotreplays.co...aser_frate-e-50
-
Might be a stealth burf to arties, for the weekend tomatos to enjoy.

To be fair, I once ammo racked a Panther who was mostly hull down, from 500m, while i was doing about 50km in my T20 . Nothing more than pure luck, I could never pull that shot off again.

That happening once does indicate an issue, now if you were saying that had happened 5 times over the weekend then I would agree with you. One off events are just that, one off!

As to the negrep on the OP being unjustified, yeah it is. But then so are a huge percentage of negreps given out on this forum.

supersebbe96 #15 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17065 battles
  • 43
  • [KRPK] KRPK
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012
Deal with it  :glasses:

duvvel #16 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29799 battles
  • 632
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostSteffenximus, on 07 October 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

First of all, the arty wasn't nerfed, it was significantly changed.
You sound like WG ... "We didn't nerf German tanks, we rebalanced them".
Definition of nerfing:
"To make worse or weaken, usually in the context of weakening something in order to balance out a game."
Arty got:
- much longer reload
- much longer aimtime
- much worse accuracy
At the same time NOTHING was buffed on them.
If that isn't a nerf then nothing is.
EDIT:
Oh, and I'm not saying that that nerf wasn't needed. It probably was. But right now arty is certainly not OP, it was nerfed hard and that's a fact.

Edited by duvvel, 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.


Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16633 battles
  • 25,893
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Only thing about Arty that annoys me is when a player using it spams the majority of his shots at me where he could probably be taking out the "bigger hitter".

Like yesterday, in my KV-1, when the enemy Hummel shot at me 4 Times but never getting a killing-shot on me; while the ARL 44, Comet and T1 Heavy on his team all died to the Tier VII Teammate behind me (and more exposed than me) who was never even fired at by the Hummel.

It's even worse when they have a low ammo supply...

duvvel #18 Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29799 battles
  • 632
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 07 October 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Only thing about Arty that annoys me is when a player using it spams the majority of his shots at me where he could probably be taking out the "bigger hitter".

Like yesterday, in my KV-1, when the enemy Hummel shot at me 4 Times but never getting a killing-shot on me; while the ARL 44, Comet and T1 Heavy on his team all died to the Tier VII Teammate behind me (and more exposed than me) who was never even fired at by the Hummel.

It's even worse when they have a low ammo supply...

Lol, it annoyed you that enemy arty screwed up ? I fail to comprehend this, you should be celebrating  :tongue: .

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16633 battles
  • 25,893
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postduvvel, on 07 October 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Lol, it annoyed you that enemy arty screwed up ? I fail to comprehend this, you should be celebrating  :tongue: .

No; it annoyed me that he'd rather shoot me than a teammate that is screwing his team over. It makes it seem like he thinks I'm a good player and need to be blown up; that or he's just targetting the easy-kills.

ClaudiuCojo #20 Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11274 battles
  • 845
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

View PostLouis2brosGummer, on 07 October 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

it's that thread again,

but just have to vent some frustration...

Arty....is really getting on my nerves again these past few days. I am even being one-shot again....Inaccurate ? don't think so...checking these arty-players stats pretty often, and arty accuracy is going up 40%+ hitrate..on lots of the players I check after battle via after battle report.
Arty....hits me (almost) every time in TD mode when I am attacking them at full speed and making evasive movements.
Arty....(and other "inaccurate" tanks and td's) turn their hull to shoot at me, because I am trying to flank them in my meds, and immediately shoot without taking time to aim and off course they magically hit me pretty much every time while their aim circle must be screensize....
Arty....kills me when I am in my med flanking them (at a distance) when I stop to aim, arty turn towards me, I wait for my aim circle to close because of the distance, arty already fires....I am dead. even more accurate when not even aiming half the time my med needs to aim. Common this is just ridiculous, his shot would have to go to the moon.
Arty....some midtier arty still has the r.o.f (and accuracy) to track me and do damage while I am moving with his first shot, and then kill me with a second shot before my tracks are repaired....fv304 in particular, and the French premium arty. arty inaccurate? I don't think so.

I know arty is a part of this game, and it's here to stay, but it just does not feel right. It is still ruining the fun way to often, form it's cozy bush behind some hill on the other side of the map. There is just nothing you can do about it, and it stinks.

sorry all arty players, but sometimes I just cannot help myself and I have to type some nice remarks in chat...So please except my apologies before we meet, because after you hit me, I will be very frustrated sometimes.

To be honest I am more afraid of tds these days rather then arty :P




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users