Lowe or 112

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Lewed #1 Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8311 battles
its my birthday soon and my dad said i could have any premium tank i chose. i already have the T34 american heavy so i was thinking of getting a Lowe but i also saw the 112. i like the Lowe because it has higher penetration but has less damage than the 112. any ideas?

Edited by Lewed, 07 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Popovic123 #2 Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15022 battles
I`m sure that most people here will tell you to take the 112, because of the widespread belief on these forums that all German tanks in this game are crap, that they are secretely nerfed by WG, etc.
However, I`d go for Lowe. Why?
Simple. Higher penetration.
Take my word on it, it is NOT fun playing tier 8, and much less tier 9 battles with a gun that has 175 pen (even if you are in a fast medium, which in this case, you are not).

Lewed #3 Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8311 battles
ok thaks for your help ;)

Nekomancer #4 Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles
Well, Löwe or Loewe, not Lowe, is a long range sniper tank. If you like it up close, you're gonna have a bad time.

The Löwe is slow and sluggish, but the gun is a beast, it's very accurate and has a very high penetration value. Play it like a second or third row sniper, a bit like a TD and the credits will roll in.

112 is the better tank if you like to brawl. But the gun is almost demanding premium shells with it's 175mm average penetration.

soolerman #5 Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
I have the Lowe but not the 112. So I will only comment on the Lowe. Its cr*p. Slow, no armor, seems to be everyone first choice to shoot at and the gun has the habit of just throwing shot way off mark. Ho and the APCR shells cost a bomb to.

That said I would not get rid of the thing if I was payed to. Why? Well if you can play the Lowe half well you can play anything. The tank is so bad it forces you to think about the game and this is all good. I have learned so much playing this tank and so for me its a keeper. But I would suggest you consider the IS-6 or the TOG. They is my best premiums. Both are good fun and not badly balanced.

As an aside you will hear people say that it has been nerfed over time. In my personal experience I would have to say this is true. But not only of the Lowe all the premium tanks I have seem to have been hit with the nerf hammer from time to time over the last few patches.

basin79 #6 Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
I've got both. They're both great tanks. The Lowe is far easier to play as the 112 is very unforgiving.  However it doesn't take long for you to realise how to play it and where to go.

The Lowe is a great sniper and if you can hull down it's a force to be reckoned with at med/long ranges. It sees tier 10 matches but is capable in them thanks to its accurate and punchy cannon.

The 112 is a beast if you can hude its LFP and face your enemy. It's gun although lacking in pen is alright due to its special MM. You will need to take some HEAT shells out with you for the E75's, ST-1's etc though. The cannon though is very inaccurate. Far more than the IS6's and the T-34-3's which is strange because they're all exactly the same on paper.

Like I said I like them both and they earn a lot of credits.

Industrial7 #7 Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3286 battles
From what I've heard Löwe is better, if the 112 was good I'd have seen more, it doesn't have a good enough gun to be a good money maker.

Happy birthday by the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users