Jump to content


How to earn 10k free gold? Not if you are in EU..


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Rankkis #41 Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 33573 battles
  • 723
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

You can still go full siema and die a minute after start while being a "real player". No problem there.

1 minute flying and how much for battle entrance and other stuff? I don't know I haven't played, but for the sake of argument let's say it's another minute. That's already 700mins or 11.666.. hours. 10k gold is what, something like 40 euros?

I think I'll stick to my day job  :smile:

Of course if you are playing WoWP anyway it's nice pocket money earning while you play. But I think the reason behind this offer is that they just don't have enough "test cattle" without these kind of gold pushing events.

Vestrick64 #42 Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 11492 battles
  • 6,210
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostRankkis, on 11 October 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

1 minute flying and how much for battle entrance and other stuff? I don't know I haven't played, but for the sake of argument let's say it's another minute. That's already 700mins or 11.666.. hours. 10k gold is what, something like 40 euros?

I think I'll stick to my day job  :smile:

Of course if you are playing WoWP anyway it's nice pocket money earning while you play. But I think the reason behind this offer is that they just don't have enough "test cattle" without these kind of gold pushing events.

I have my daily job for other things. Over a full month, 11h of playing full siema is nothing terrible. 50$ worth of gold for something like that is pretty neat.

Anunzi #43 Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5076 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostGremlin182, on 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Its not as if you can sneak these offers out under the radar we all know what other servers are getting and it seems a bit strange to continue doing this when it has such and obviously negative effect.

They continue doing this because EU simply does not matter to them in the grand scheme of things. RU and NA has such a large percentage of their player base that they can effectively ignore EU. Which, of course, is exactly what they have done since release.

Judqment8 #44 Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23824 battles
  • 3,988
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View Postdeathrow222, on 11 October 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

i totaly agree.

Same here. WoWP was total garbage compared to War Thunder. Haven't played WT in a while since WoT has kept me quite busy. But playing WoWP is a simple no. I don't think I couldn't even play it full-siema for some gold. I have money if I need gold.  :bajan:

Dr_Oolen #45 Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23509 battles
  • 1,915
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostAnunzi, on 11 October 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

They continue doing this because EU simply does not matter to them in the grand scheme of things. RU and NA has such a large percentage of their player base that they can effectively ignore EU. Which, of course, is exactly what they have done since release.
nope, they dont ignore RU because most players are on RU and they throw gold and all events at US because theres so few players on there that it doesnt really cost them much compared to the whole playerbase. EU gets ignored because it isnt big enough and not small enough. If they had this event on EU more players would use it/complete it than there are players on US server...

Edited by troolenhardy, 11 October 2013 - 10:45 AM.


tootz #46 Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25744 battles
  • 252
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010
Very disappointing if we don't get something similar on the EU server. The NA server already had free gold given with E3 this year and although we were promised something similar for Gamescom, we got nothing. Now they get this special as well and yet again (so far) no such announcement for the poor relations on the EU server.

Maybe Gaijin have a spy working in the WG EU office? WoWP needs all the players it can get if it has any chance to survive past 12 months. Favouring one player base over another just serves to p*ss people off and make them even less likely to get behind the game.

Eexhaton #47 Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5128 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    10-16-2011
Careful, this topic might get moved to Off-Topic by delusional moderators..

Since this has "nothing to do with WoT in any form" - Bigbadvuk (or whatever this moderator calls himself)

See here:
http://forum.worldof...planes-will-we/

Failing cover-up attempts ftw!  :great:

FootballFan #48 Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010
In polish forum section a community team member wrote:

Na serwerze EU ten event nie jest obecnie planowany. Ale można zdobyć całkiem spore ilości złota i żetonów w konkursach organizowanych przez Zespół Community.

This translates to something like:

On EU server this even is not planned curently. But you can get quite big ammounts of gold and coins in competitions organised by community team.

Hehehe why am I not suprised EU got ruled out again ?

NoRul3s #49 Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21128 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011
{moderated}  wg... This is so unfair.

Edited by CarlR, 11 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. ~CarlR


AngryBanana #50 Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15731 battles
  • 2,905
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostFootballFan, on 11 October 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

In polish forum section a community team member wrote:

Na serwerze EU ten event nie jest obecnie planowany. Ale można zdobyć całkiem spore ilości złota i żetonów w konkursach organizowanych przez Zespół Community.

This translates to something like:

On EU server this even is not planned curently. But you can get quite big ammounts of gold and coins in competitions organised by community team.

Hehehe why am I not suprised EU got ruled out again ?
well that isnt surprising, but it is disappointing :sceptic:

RoflCarpetFreshner #51 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 337 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

You can still go full siema and die a minute after start while being a "real player". No problem there.

You cant do that its not like war thunder.

You have to wait until the battle is finished if you quit or go back to hanger straight after you die it wont count you doing a full game.

_Xeraux_ #52 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 34349 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
Mods are here only to closed undesirable topics and not to answer our questins!

FootballFan #53 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010

View PostRoflCarpetFreshner, on 11 October 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

You cant do that its not like war thunder.

You have to wait until the battle is finished if you quit or go back to hanger straight after you die it wont count you doing a full game.

Are you serious ? that makes no sense. Even when someone doesnt "bot" or "die on purpose" but is just unlucky and gets shot down quite fast into the battle(which happens to wowp newbies like me) he still has to sit for WHOLE battle and WATCH other people play to have "participation" counted ?

RoflCarpetFreshner #54 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 337 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostFootballFan, on 11 October 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Are you serious ? that makes no sense. Even when someone doesnt "bot" or "die on purpose" but is just unlucky and gets shot down quite fast into the battle(which happens to wowp newbies like me) he still has to sit for WHOLE battle and WATCH other people play to have "participation" counted ?

Sadly yes im serious WG wont give 10k gold for nothing you have to stay till the end for it to properly count you.

AngryBanana #55 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15731 battles
  • 2,905
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostRoflCarpetFreshner, on 11 October 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Sadly yes im serious WG wont give 10k gold for nothing you have to stay till the end for it to properly count you.
how do you know this? Seems very weird to me.

RoflCarpetFreshner #56 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 337 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostAngryBanana, on 11 October 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

how do you know this? Seems very weird to me.

I asked someone on the NA server while we where in the battle.

Partiss #57 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3636 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
I dont understand why we always dont get anything.
We always need to do shitstorm to get something
not extra but equal to others....

dUG1 #58 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32112 battles
  • 1,011
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View PostRoflCarpetFreshner, on 11 October 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Sadly yes im serious WG wont give 10k gold for nothing you have to stay till the end for it to properly count you.
Thats bs right there, dont spread wrong info.
I have had dozens of battles in WoWp that I exited the moment I got shot early in the battle (hello OP HFs raining hailstorm from above), which counted towards my battle number AND if our team won, won battles needed for tokens.
If I killed something as well, all the same.
I am 100% positive they didnt change anything for this event, but probably are a bit cautious with possible botting and nose diving at the start  followed by rinse/repeat behavior.

Edited by dUG1, 11 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.


Jerrycan #59 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 44931 battles
  • 993
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
Seems like fun. Just alt-tab to a different game after hitting the battle button.

M1chaLL #60 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32750 battles
  • 298
  • [DPA_W] DPA_W
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Quote

Pilots, Due to an issue found in the Airborne Challenge Contest it was decided to put the event on hold for further consideration. We will let you know as soon as the issues will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you and will keep you updated.
http://forum.worldof...age__st__80#top  :smile:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users