Jump to content


Ground Forces | Preliminary Tech Trees | USSR and Germany


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

HighFlyer15 #1 Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20356 battles
  • 1,163
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

I did see the other 21 second video being posted, yes, but I talk a little about it :)

ilosz #2 Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14315 battles
  • 1,421
  • [HOI] HOI
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Posted Image
Posted Image

joyuesp #3 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 52288 battles
  • 7,698
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-22-2012
panther 2 vs t54
is4 vs tiger 2
isu vs jt

and people say wot is unbalanced...

UltimateVarro #4 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30698 battles
  • 2,846
  • [NOP3] NOP3
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
Those tanks ARE balanced.
T-54 is better armored, but has a worse gun (100mm D-10T, historically it had this gun until the T-54A or T-54 mod.1957).
Panther II is less armored, but has a better gun (88mm KwK 43 L/71)
IS-4 historically only had the 122mm D-25T, just as the IS-2 and IS-3. IS-4 is better armored, but has a worse gun (muzzle velocitiy, pen capabilities, Rate of fire)
Tiger II is less armored, but has a better gun.
ISU-152 .. well, the ISU-152 is / was capable of ripping a Tiger's Turret clean off, no matter if penetrated or not (it ripped it off due to the massive weight and therefore massive force applied to the turret). In WT Ground Forces? It's gonna be pretty much the same, it was stated in the livestream that during Igromir a KV-2 shot at a Tiger and the Tiger's turret looked like an opened can afterwards.
JT is more accurate, has better penetrating capabilities, is better armored, has a higher RoF .. on the other hand, it's slower and bigger in size and actually is not able of ripping enemy turrets off using HE or Concrete-Piercing Shells.
Other than WoT, THIS german techtree has 2 'half-paper tanks', maybe 3. Panther II, JPzIV with L/70 and the Tiger II with KwK 46 (never heard of that).
In WoT? Lets see .. E-100, E-50, E-50M, E-75, all VK-vehicles, GW Panther, GW Tiger(P), GW Tiger, GW Typ E .. and the list goes on.
Sayonara WoT, Hello WarThunder Ground Forces! Gimme those Full-Real Tank Battles!

Edited by PrivateAli, 12 October 2013 - 08:40 PM.


mr3awsome #5 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 17455 battles
  • 3,086
  • Member since:
    03-15-2011
JagdPanzer IV A had the L70. Compared to the model in game it is a bit taller.

Tiger II KwK 46 i'm guessing is the 105mm Tiger II

Ooorky #6 Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 7032 battles
  • 40
  • [_DRG_] _DRG_
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
Kwk46 is the 105mm L68

UltimateVarro #7 Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30698 battles
  • 2,846
  • [NOP3] NOP3
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011

View Postmr3awsome, on 12 October 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

JagdPanzer IV A had the L70. Compared to the model in game it is a bit taller.

Tiger II KwK 46 i'm guessing is the 105mm Tiger II

didn't know the JPz IV A was actually built in series. I thought it was just another design that never made it out of prototype stage?

Hexley #8 Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18735 battles
  • 63
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

View Postjoyuesp, on 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

panther 2 vs t54
is4 vs tiger 2
isu vs jt

and people say wot is unbalanced...
You are basing that entirely upon the stats that WoT's gave those vehicles.....

Westonbirt #9 Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18139 battles
  • 447
  • Member since:
    06-02-2011
It's obvious they rushed the development of the ground forces to be able to coincide with the PS4 release and begin fighting with WoT on next-gen as soon as possible ; and of course, it was a stupid idea. If this is what they launch, with the mechanics that they showed, the first months of WT-ground are going to be a mess.

Edited by Westonbirt, 13 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.


Lord_Dominator #10 Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9986 battles
  • 435
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
To be honest, if they maintain the same quality as with the air force I'll switch without hesitation.

I already enjoy War Thunder even though I've never really been into air combat before. Historical Battles are simply awesome.

Ry0K3N #11 Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19900 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View Postjoyuesp, on 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

panther 2 vs t54
is4 vs tiger 2
isu vs jt
and people say wot is unbalanced...
And why do you think they will be in the same tier?

View PostWestonbirt, on 13 October 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

It's obvious they rushed the development of the ground forces to be able to coincide with the PS4 release and begin fighting with WoT on next-gen as soon as possible ; and of course, it was a stupid idea. If this is what they launch, with the mechanics that they showed, the first months of WT-ground are going to be a mess.
Like WoT was after launch? Oh wait wot has the same flawed mechanics since launch.

View Postjoyuesp, on 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

panther 2 vs t54
is4 vs tiger 2
isu vs jt
and people say wot is unbalanced...
Yea wot was soo much fun in closed beta with the T54 hordes and later with the Type59 hordes.  The KV1 in tier 5 with the 107, that took soo fast since release to take care of right? So the tier 9 IS4. It was fantastically balanced.

Edited by Ry0K3N, 13 October 2013 - 10:01 AM.


Fup #12 Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6798 battles
  • 33
  • [PDKOK] PDKOK
  • Member since:
    01-18-2012

View PostWestonbirt, on 13 October 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

It's obvious they rushed the development of the ground forces to be able to coincide with the PS4 release and begin fighting with WoT on next-gen as soon as possible ; and of course, it was a stupid idea. If this is what they launch, with the mechanics that they showed, the first months of WT-ground are going to be a mess.

The build they showed at Igromir was to show concepts they planned to put into the game, and does not show the final game mechanics. As someone stated in a youtube clip (EnTak i think), the version at Igromir was 0.0.0 and not 1.40.0 or something as one would expect if it was a beta build ready to be released upon the masses. Also the small map size for the tanks, was exactly that to allow people to play and engage enemies in the 6 min window they got.

Ooorky #13 Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 7032 battles
  • 40
  • [_DRG_] _DRG_
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
In the Igromir build all tanks had increased reload speed and acceleration, the arty was invulnerable, arty cooldown was reduced greatly, and they fought on a small (2*2km) map, because they had to show everything in the 6 min gameplay.

Pano_ko #14 Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23400 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View PostPrivateAli, on 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Gimme those Full-Real Tank Battles!

Didn't the devs said there will be no FRB for now(!) only HB.
And maybe WG will even bring HB this year.

Anyway, gonna test WT tanks after release for sure. Although I'm a little sceptical about economy system. I also like my prototypes/napkin tanks. Star Destroyer E100 FTW!

K_A #15 Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13670 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
I don't get these tech trees? Do they go from left to right? Top to bottom? I thought WT had twice the tiers compared to WoT.. :unsure:

Eric_von_Wolfen #16 Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 34985 battles
  • 172
  • [-W-D-] -W-D-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2010

View Postjoyuesp, on 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

panther 2 vs t54
is4 vs tiger 2
isu vs jt

and people say wot is unbalanced...

LOL typical case of shooting your mouth off before you know what is going on. The fact of the matter is that in WT the tanks do not get their fantasy guns but get to keep the gund they were equiped with, that mean that the IS4 does NOT get the ubber 130mm gun but is stuck with the 122mm, you know the one that does ding ding to a REAL Tiger 2 which is what the Tiger 2 in WT will be, Even if it were so all you found was 3 match ups that might look unblanced at first glance, how many can you find in WoT with out even having to look hard? Like it or not WT is going to kick WoT so hard in the nuts that SerB is already starting to have nighmares about it.

Eric_von_Wolfen #17 Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 34985 battles
  • 172
  • [-W-D-] -W-D-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2010

View PostK_A, on 14 October 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I don't get these tech trees? Do they go from left to right? Top to bottom? I thought WT had twice the tiers compared to WoT.. :unsure:

This is just a sample of what they intend to introduce, they stated that the tree is not complet nor final and that they have not sorted them out in tiers yet, this was just to make the real tank players mouth begin to water, if you noticed the only Tank that was not in action in WW 2 was the Panther 2 the rest is the real deal, no fantasy tanks, guns or engines. The WoT fanboys may not like that but they WW2 to Korea War gamers will love it.

Eric_von_Wolfen #18 Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 34985 battles
  • 172
  • [-W-D-] -W-D-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2010

View PostPrivateAli, on 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Those tanks ARE balanced.
T-54 is better armored, but has a worse gun (100mm D-10T, historically it had this gun until the T-54A or T-54 mod.1957).
Panther II is less armored, but has a better gun (88mm KwK 43 L/71)
IS-4 historically only had the 122mm D-25T, just as the IS-2 and IS-3. IS-4 is better armored, but has a worse gun (muzzle velocitiy, pen capabilities, Rate of fire)
Tiger II is less armored, but has a better gun.
ISU-152 .. well, the ISU-152 is / was capable of ripping a Tiger's Turret clean off, no matter if penetrated or not (it ripped it off due to the massive weight and therefore massive force applied to the turret). In WT Ground Forces? It's gonna be pretty much the same, it was stated in the livestream that during Igromir a KV-2 shot at a Tiger and the Tiger's turret looked like an opened can afterwards.
JT is more accurate, has better penetrating capabilities, is better armored, has a higher RoF .. on the other hand, it's slower and bigger in size and actually is not able of ripping enemy turrets off using HE or Concrete-Piercing Shells.
Other than WoT, THIS german techtree has 2 'half-paper tanks', maybe 3. Panther II, JPzIV with L/70 and the Tiger II with KwK 46 (never heard of that).
In WoT? Lets see .. E-100, E-50, E-50M, E-75, all VK-vehicles, GW Panther, GW Tiger(P), GW Tiger, GW Typ E .. and the list goes on.
Sayonara WoT, Hello WarThunder Ground Forces! Gimme those Full-Real Tank Battles!

The JPz IV with L/70 was the second version as they found out that the L48 was not cutting it. Used e.g. in Normandy and was liked by its crews. There were two versions of the JgPz IV L70 actually.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users