World of Warplanes in a Silly Nutshell - a World of Millbarge video

Millbarge YouTube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

bulletproofbush #1 Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53 battles
I have been making myself play WoWp for a bit each day...
only to earn the "tokens" they give away towards free premium time.
Mostly i am not really a fan, it's just not my kind of game.
I felt like this very short battle fairly well summed up my WoWp experience...
Enjoy!

:facepalm:

vonDanwitz #2 Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25951 battles
Dude,
Duuuuuude.
You just watched the equivalent of two Mauses trying to ram each other to death.

The game also has some REAL airplanes. This thing is called TSh-3 and contrary to what is seen in the clip is actually a good aircraft, it was just never meant to engage other planes, let alone another TSh-3 frontally.
You see, things valid in WoT are not valid there - the frontal attack is not always a bright idea at all. If you are flying to get tokens, use the monster mentioned above to kill ten ground targets, then get yourself a nice tier II biplane for the air targets - they are easy to get and nice to fly.

Also avoid such frontal attacks until you know what you are doing and sc**w physics.

MrFingers #3 Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4237 battles
The Stalinwood is stronk on this one!

Asghaad #4 Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13273 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View Postbulletproofbush, on 16 October 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Enjoy!

:facepalm:  indeed ...

and its a fault of the ridiculous healthbar system that is totally ridiculous for even arcade flight sim ... :glasses:

bulletproofbush #5 Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostvonDanwitz, on 16 October 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Dude,
Duuuuuude.
You just watched the equivalent of two Mauses trying to ram each other to death.
The game also has some REAL airplanes. This thing is called TSh-3 and contrary to what is seen in the clip is actually a good aircraft, it was just never meant to engage other planes, let alone another TSh-3 frontally.
You see, things valid in WoT are not valid there - the frontal attack is not always a bright idea at all. If you are flying to get tokens, use the monster mentioned above to kill ten ground targets, then get yourself a nice tier II biplane for the air targets - they are easy to get and nice to fly.
Also avoid such frontal attacks until you know what you are doing and sc**w physics.
Your post assumes incorrectly that i was using this as a demonstration of my flying prowess and not as an example of just how silly the game-play and physics are.
If i posted a video of 2 Maus ramming headlong and one of them warps thru the other, killing him and yet still remaining alive after his dimensional jump, something tells me most people would not still defend it.

Edited by bulletproofbush, 17 October 2013 - 06:24 AM.

soolerman #6 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
Well that was cr*p. The ramming is to be expected as its arcade game play. But the physics seem like something from a bad browser game. Ya I'll be sticking to WT for mt flight sim fix I think.

vonDanwitz #7 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25951 battles

View Postbulletproofbush, on 17 October 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Your post assumes incorrectly that i was using this as a demonstration of my flying prowess and not as an example of just how silly the game-play and physics are.

Nope, I was not assuming that this is you in the video. I appologize if it sounded like I am commenting on your flying skills because I was not refering to this.

What I meant was that this particular situation is an absurdity which does indeed look ridiculous but is never meant to happen. If something is possible to do in a game, that does not mean that it should be done.
The irony I was using was actually aimed at the russian ground attack aircraft represented in the game. For a variety of reasons they are ridiculously tough (some IRL actually had armor) and also extremely slow, the last thing accounting for not being able to induce enough damage on an also-that-tough target. Hence the ramming Mauses analogy.

You can run through another airplane in WoWp, this is true and this is quite ridiculous but in my opinion as a flyer this is simply due to wrong behavior...   I think I dislike such outright direct ramming more than I dislike the twisted game behavior during them. I also somewhat dislike GAAs in this game.

View Postbulletproofbush, on 17 October 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

If i posted a video of 2 Maus ramming headlong and one of them warps thru the other, killing him and yet still remaining alive after his dimensional jump, something tells me most people would not still defend it.

Funny situation but it is neverhteless quite real. I have had cases where my tank fell through terrain - well not completely through but it got stuck up to the upper part of the tracks. I have also had other graphical/physical track issues and have seen a few other which I did not have on my machine where the guns are sticking out of the back of the vehicles. I would not complain as far as physics are concerned because those situations which I personally have encountered are quite rare.
I am probably used to seeing bugs in programs because of my occupation and this seems minor.

J00F #8 Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13022 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postbulletproofbush, on 16 October 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Enjoy!

Omg what a bad game .... :3

Also tagged with Millbarge, YouTube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users