Games similar to W.o.T. please

ćufte ćevap

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

sei2ur3 #1 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles
I am not a person with some enviable experience in gaming so, I would like to ask for your advice on games similar to W.o.T.?

I have tried LOL, DOTA2, Battlefield, Hawken, and 3 more whose name I can not remember now, and none of them was as appealing as Tanks.

Here is what I mean. LoL reminded me too much of Warkraft, and battles last up to 40mins, which is just horrible. Battlefield and hawken are a bit too much in everything. They are too hectic, too many weapons are firing and u knot really have the greatest perspective of gameplay once u become focused on 1 target, too much. In tanks, there is always the reload time which brings u back from slumber.

I would like to ask you, if you know of a free game, similar to Tanks. I would love it of there were some nice robots, with nice paintjob, some cool robot shapes, or some spaceships, with futuristic design and stuff. So, if u could help, I'd be much obliged.

aGentleTanker #2 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Warthunder?
WorldofWarplanes?
Tankblaster ?
MechWarrior Online?
(for me it seems WoT is tiring me a little, now I try to play only some featured tanks evenings and right after that I go killing zombies - there are even games with a story line and some kind of AI where you do not have to blame others for failing!)

Edited by aGentleTanker, 17 October 2013 - 02:26 PM.

sei2ur3 #3 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles

View PostaGentleTanker, on 17 October 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Warthunder?
WorldofWarplanes?
Tankblaster ?
MechWarrior Online?
(for me it seems WoT is tiring me a little, now I try to play only some featured tanks evenings and right after that I go killing zombies - there are even games with a story line and some kind of AI where you do not have to blame others for failing!)

Warthunder
&
WorldofWarplanes are a bit dissapointing. I expected a bit more-but that was my fault. I cant wait for the Battleships tho!

Tankblaster
&
MechWarrior Online I havent tried. Will give them a go, thanks man.

Yes, storry-line that is very good, but few games have it.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22447 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
There is 'Planetside 2'......a FPS,fighting on a planets surface for control, cool futuristic tanks and spaceships or just play as a grunt.
Then there's 'Heros and Generals'....a WW2 game with live battles raging across  a full map of Europe, with tanks, planes, soldiers...even bicycles, again its a FPS, with each live battle lasting weeks, you can choose to be Allies or Axis, a truly massive game.
My favorite at the moment is 'WARFACE'... a modern FPS, you can join a random group and fight your way through a town or city against AI controlled soldiers(PvE) or play against other players(PvP), its fast and furious with no real time to talk, so very little name calling....he who takes time to type...dies.
It's moving to open beta on the 21st of this month, but its easy enough to join.
All the above are 'Free To Play'.
Have fun !

Edited by Leadbucket, 17 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

sei2ur3 #5 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles

View PostLeadbucket, on 17 October 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

There is 'Planetside 2'......a FPS,fighting on a planets surface for control, cool futuristic tanks and spaceships or just play as a grunt.
Then there's 'Heros and Generals'....a WW2 game with live battles raging across  a full map of Europe, with tanks, planes, soldiers...even bicycles, again its a FPS, with each live battle lasting weeks, you can choose to be Allies or Axis, a truly massive game.
My favorite at the moment is 'WARFACE'... a modern FPS, you can join a random group and fight your way through a town or city against AI controlled soldiers(PvE) or play against other players(PvP), its fast and furious with no real time to talk, so very little name calling....he who takes time to type...dies.
It's moving to open beta on the 21st of this month, but its easy enough to join.
All the above are 'Free To Play'.
Have fun !

Thank u very much.

aGentleTanker #6 Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
I also tried this Star wars old Republic, but it seems to be played best with gamepad.
I expected ego shooter like controls but was surprised & dissapointed.

sei2ur3 #7 Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles
OK, so, I've tried them all (suggestions) and tanks still to them all. The quest continues. Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.  :child:

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22447 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
There are no dedicated tanks games like WoT around, the last similar game 'Tank Ace' went bankrupt. All I can do is suggest other FPS that are F2P.
Warrock.(as data is held client side , hackers are a problem. Do not have 'Gamebooster' installed on your rig or you get a ban)
Combat Arms.
Ghost Recon Online.
America's Army 3(4 is still in beta)....Careful with this one because if you're good at it the US army will try to recruit you......I kid you not, there is no money system in this game at all as it's run by the US military and is funded by the US tax system, so you can let the US taxpayer pay for your online addiction. :tongue:
Battlefield Play4Free.........completely pay to win.
Battlefield Heroes.......Fun but again pay to win.
I have tried them all and they do have their good points.
Again....enjoy your search.  :smile:

Edited by Leadbucket, 18 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Hydro69 #9 Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22843 battles
  • [1STD] 1STD
A bit old: http://en.wikipedia....Fields_of_Glory

sei2ur3 #10 Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles

View PostLeadbucket, on 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

There are no dedicated tanks games like WoT around, the last similar game 'Tank Ace' went bankrupt. All I can do is suggest other FPS that are F2P.
Warrock.(as data is held client side , hackers are a problem. Do not have 'Gamebooster' installed on your rig or you get a ban)
Combat Arms.
Ghost Recon Online.
America's Army 3(4 is still in beta)....Careful with this one because if you're good at it the US army will try to recruit you......I kid you not, there is no money system in this game at all as it's run by the US military and is funded by the US tax system, so you can let the US taxpayer pay for your online addiction. :tongue:
Battlefield Play4Free.........completely pay to win.
Battlefield Heroes.......Fun but again pay to win.
I have tried them all and they do have their good points.
Again....enjoy your search.  :smile:

Battle Field(s) I've tried. Its a bit too much of everything there, for me. Ghost Recon is good. really good. I cant get used to its speed, tho (thats why I never liked Counterstrike and Wuake). Will give it a go few more times, but I must say - I die too, damn, fast. Half a clip and u're dead...

American Army is crappy, to be honest. Didnt install it, but saw some u2b videos, and it seems a bit 1999, really. Dont know...

Tanks still keep topping everything, so far. :smiles:

Now u're gonna say "give me a break, nothing is good for u" - u're probably right... I'll continue searching, tho.

bazdaris #11 Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34691 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Try barbie online or winx great both :p just trolling

sei2ur3 #12 Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37799 battles

View Postbazdaris, on 18 October 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Try barbie online or winx great both :p just trolling

I play barby in real life - I dont need a computer for that.

Next!

Also tagged with ćufte, ćevap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users