See you in a month

or maybe not

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

vlasterx #1 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles
At the time when WoWP are about to come out, when WT is preparing tanks (I won't play them, I think they suck) and when WOT is loosing players, we get this:

Posted Image

Well, time for me to take a break from WOT for at least a month. Can't stand for another arty spam games.

Bad timing and business strategy WG.

Avalanche_2 #2 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20523 battles
bye.

Popovic123 #3 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15022 battles
Do you really think that that shitty event will make people play overwhelmingly shitty arty (that it has become since the Great Arty Nerf)?

It actually came as a surprise to me, but it seems that most people playing arty were playing them because they were easy mode. I find that despicable (IMO performance of something in the game should NOT be the sole reason for playing it), but that`s just me.
Most people won`t touch arty unless it gets buffed.

Ziddix #4 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17501 battles
  • [LEOFL] LEOFL
I can't understand why people say arti is easy mode. I can't play it and I find it boring. I must be doing something wrong. Pointing gun at things and clicking seems far easier to me.

SABAOTH #5 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostPopovic123, on 17 October 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Do you really think that that shitty event will make people play overwhelmingly shitty arty (that it has become since the Great Arty Nerf)?

It actually came as a surprise to me, but it seems that most people playing arty were playing them because they were easy mode. I find that despicable (IMO performance of something in the game should NOT be the sole reason for playing it), but that`s just me.
Most people won`t touch arty unless it gets buffed.

Objectivly it was arty nerf?

It was easy mode "click and boom 'em" nerf.

But non-tomatoes arty are performing great. Yellow, green, Blue, Unicum arties are scoring kills, damage and in some case devastating the battlefield. Tomato arties sit to 0 dmg / Kills.

What is wrong with this? (And i have arty; scored fair amounts of sniper medals with it, I dont see this nerfing tears)  :mellow:

Kazadar #6 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13204 battles
I am happy to see a bit more arty in game. I think the game really needs it. Game balance is much better with a couple of arties on each side.

Ulfhedinn_ #7 Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
Odd reasoning to think WG shouldn't do this. It's kind of only fair, considering we've had exactly the same event now for Heavies, Lights, & Mediums.

Greek_Noob #8 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25336 battles
me too. +1 from me. Already seen lot of battles with 4-5 artys.

Trakais #9 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34129 battles
Whiners won't be missed.

Lil_Chewieezy #10 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30463 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
-1 for the self induced drama about WoT losing players, it's getting boring, everybody having something to whine about starts talking about how WoT is suddently losing players because they're not pleased of something. At least write something interesting not with the regular format "WoT is losing players right now because I feel so....oh yeah I also don't like X".
I sure hope you'll take that break, we need it.
P.S You know what I really don't get? if WoT is losing so many players according to "strictly the whiners", then how come it doesn't lose those who say WoT loses players?

Edited by Chewiezohrr, 17 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46109 battles
Arty is neither easy or hard to play well but it does need a totally different mindset.

Even though I have played arty up to tier 6 on most countries I am still not sure of its place in the game.
They are totally dependent on others to provide them with targets being unable to go out and get targets themselves.
If the game goes badly and your team gets wiped, an SPG has a far lower chance of beating the remaining opposition than say a Heavy or TD.

They are the definitive support weapon almost useless in face to face combat against a skilled opponant, but great in support of friendly tanks trying to assault.
Thats one of the main reasons why you only want a small proportion of your team as arty.

I would wish that in the game they became more like an indirect/direct fire Tank destroyer, this would make them more usefull in direct fire mode
Because really there should be a difference in aiming time and size of aiming circle between direct and indirect fire they should be able to tackle an enemy they can see in direct line of sight faster than they can perform an indirect shot at a remote target spotted by another tank.

As ever the main problem with them comes in higher tiers where damage far exceeds defence

Lummel #12 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9957 battles
I just don't understand what people like OP think. Are you that blinded by your own opinion that you totally disregard the reality?
I hate people claiming that arty has nothing to do with skill. This is totally not true! Before the nerf-hammer it was very much accessible for everyone, but good players would exceed these easily by hitting moving target, counter-arty etc. The claim that it was for noobs is utterly pointless.
And please for gods sake, there are really people still complaining about arties? Really? For how much longer do you want to blame arties for your own incapabilities. The GW Tiger has 46s reload and it takes 15s to fully aim at a target. -15- freakin seconds and you try to tell me that you are just not able to move your [edited]by a few meters in 15s? It is your fault, only your's!
And let me tell you for a fact that there are very little games with more than 1 arty on each side in high-tier battles that players used to complain about. But on the other hand I had a match with 8 freakin T10 Tds on each side today! Is that better? Is it better to get reliably 2 shot from something with 4 times the amount of health, more mobility and armor than an arty, which you could dodge without too much of an effort?
Arty is not on par with the other tank classes and consequently scouts are neither and still people without the experience of playing a freaking high-tier arty claim they were op.
Make up your mind finally and start to improve yourself, before blaming others!

Edited by Lummel, 17 October 2013 - 10:39 PM.

xThanatosVIx #13 Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15878 battles
With all the random lag occuring lately I tried myself with arty, as I dont die due to lag instantly I rather only miss out on a shot.
Atm Im at the Hummel and It didnt feel underpowered till now.
I see myself often among the top 3 damage dealers of the team. My average damage per game is ~1k and that is with 80% crew and stock gun ...
While I agree that it can be frustrating when RNG decides to deny you every shot in a match, especially as you have to wait a lot longer than with regular tanks, I dont think that arty is generally UP atm, only boring for many players.
Dont know if it gets worse in higher tiers when aim and reload time are a lot higher, but until tier 6 everything seems fine to me.
Until 8.9 I might keep on playing arty, so that event comes in handy, maybe I score lucky ...
edit: I dont get the "arty is worse scouts are useless " comments now, imo the longer aim time made scouts more important than ever, as you need constant vision over your targets as blindshots really hurt with that reload time.

Edited by xThanatosVIx, 17 October 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Mymh #14 Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26888 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 17 October 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Objectivly it was arty nerf?

It was easy mode "click and boom 'em" nerf.

But non-tomatoes arty are performing great. Yellow, green, Blue, Unicum arties are scoring kills, damage and in some case devastating the battlefield. Tomato arties sit to 0 dmg / Kills.

What is wrong with this? (And i have arty; scored fair amounts of sniper medals with it, I dont see this nerfing tears)  :mellow:

Usually agree with you, and there's essence of truth in there - but there are some SPG in this game that is just unplayable atm. The combination of slow aim time, longer reload, longer shell travel time and worse accuracy just mean that some artillery spend 40-50 sec reloading, 10-15 sec aiming, with constant reset, so maybe getting a shell off every 1,5mins+.. just to see the shell land 15 meters off. Then other artillery is doing great, I'm having no problems whatsoever on my Bat 155 58 or even my stock gun GWT. 261 is still functional. But some of the lower tier tanks, and especially some of those that reset aim early (S-51, SU-14 and such), and super-inaccurate ones (Hummel, some of the early English ones spring to mind) are having a really bad life right now.

Let's just say that there was reasons to balance SPG before the patch. And let's just say that some SPG is definately playable atm. But let's also agree that there's certain SPG right now that is borderline unplayable and a complete mess.. due to generalised SPG-balancing striking them extreme hard. :P

Rabbitsoda #15 Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10533 battles
Don't go, how will you get the feeling of attacking enemy arty left alone in base  :ohmy:
This is how i feel when i find them on the base and i revenge them shooting at me the whole game  :angry:
[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 20 October 2013 - 09:28 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. RogDodgeUK

Honorius_ #16 Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 29784 battles
play SPGs, if you don't want to, make yourself a "Scout month" (time to finish 3rd perk, my dear 13 90 :playing:).

Edited by HonoriusSVK, 18 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

lemthepimpmeard #17 Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostChewiezohrr, on 17 October 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

-1 for the self induced drama about WoT losing players, it's getting boring, everybody having something to whine about starts talking about how WoT is suddently losing players because they're not pleased of something. At least write something interesting not with the regular format "WoT is losing players right now because I feel so....oh yeah I also don't like X".

Every online game I've played has been "dying" "losing players" etc.
Only one has (Uranme if anyone remembers?) and that was because the admin listened to the whiners far too much.;

SInce 8.6 it's a lot easier to kill arty, so more arties mean more kills for skaut tenks.

AnthonyRMcG #18 Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

View Postvlasterx, on 17 October 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

See you in a month

Nah!!
Think we will check this in 7 days and see if you managed to keep to your word.

18/10/13 - 15519 battles

Nobody ever actually takes a break, or uninstalls after they post a thread about it.
It's just spitting the dummy out of the pram.

soolerman #19 Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
I had one or two arty when I started playing wot. I gave them up as I was finding arty boring as hell to play. Then we got the grate arty nerf and people screaming in the forum that arty was unplayable. So I had a look at what I could research up fast and got a Pz.Sfl.IVb.
Now it my be my luck or that this SPG is one of the good ones. But to be honest its not bad. Its still boring game play. But it works very well if you have a reasonably good team or are on an open map like Sand River. I am also not seeing many arty having comparatively bad games. Except the ones that get blitzed by scouts in opening minutes of the game. That is and yes I am guilty of doing this in my scouts.
All in all the nerf seems to have worked. We have less arty just making game play impossible by laser killing everything they shoot at. What arty is still being played is being played by guys that thinking about what they are doing and are true arty types. So all is good. As for this special I don't see the problem with it. Why should arty not get a special?
As a last point the poster of this thread states "WOT is loosing players". Well they are gaining more players than are going. So the point of that statement is? Or is the implied implication that a arty special is going to have a massif affect game play and drive people permanently away from the game?

Edited by soolerman, 19 October 2013 - 08:09 AM.

GiraffeInATopHat #20 Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
15549 battles atm... short break.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users