Who owns the T-15 (Tier 3 light)?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Stan_Still #41 Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 89 battles

View PostUlv_Jaeger, on 29 March 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Vents on the T-15 is a good choice, along with Camo net and Binocs (or optics), however, consider that the vents are fixed (unless you pay gold) and class dependant, while the camo net and binocs can be moved from tank to tank… Personally I would save the credits to own at least one binoc, camo net, and tool box each, before spending too much on equipment for a low tier tank (if you don't own them already that is).

Don't forget that you can also buy crew for researched but un-purchased german light tanks and run them in the T-15 to train the up. Handy to do when crew are on discount, and it will help reduce the pain of the grind, especially on tier IV scouts (assuming you wish to continue up the german lines).

Thanks for the info. I bought the vents for 50k and they almost paid the money back already? I just keep driving about like a mad man and then running away and it seems to work. My mate used to let me drive about in his panzer C? and He always said "Just keep feckin moving like a radio controlled car". I'm going to save up the money I make for coated optics? Because I read that the binoculars need you to sit still for awhile before they work. 

Ulv_Jaeger #42 Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

View PostStan_Still, on 30 March 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. I bought the vents for 50k and they almost paid the money back already? I just keep driving about like a mad man and then running away and it seems to work. My mate used to let me drive about in his panzer C? and He always said "Just keep feckin moving like a radio controlled car". I'm going to save up the money I make for coated optics? Because I read that the binoculars need you to sit still for awhile before they work. 

Yes, three seconds last time i checked, but they give you a 25% view range boost rather than 10% for coated. The binocs are handy for battles where you are bottom tier and staying hidden is advised rather than active scouting vs enemies with better view range. Sitting just behind a bush without shooting or moving will get you many spots, and your camo and speed will get you to the bush quick smart. You have to weigh the coated optics boost at same tier vs the greater benefit of binocs and passive scouting vs high tiers. Just remember you are creating a balance of your camo plus view range vs a Tier V TD camo and view range.

In same tier/top tier battles, don't forget that if you get cornered, the T-15 has great front armour, so you can often survive accidentally running into an enemy scout by keeping the front armour facing the enemy.

If you feel rich and have some spare cash when there is a sale on, chocolate is also a handy way to boost your view range to 'Coated Optics' levels (as well as a 10% boost to everything else) and might be worth a dabble before buying the optics to see how it works for you. Chocolate is a use one per battle item so use sparingly.

Last but not least, consider waiting because equipment is also periodically on sale (50% off) and can save you a small fortune on the more expensive items.

Stan_Still #43 Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 89 battles

Thanks for taking the time to advise me. I really appreciate it. 

I get what you say about the front armour. I had a match today when I ran diagonally over a hill and past 3 entrenched enemy tanks to try get the game out of a stalemate and ran head first into the side of a small tank (I can't remember what it was but was German). 
I totally crippled him, reversed, shot him and one of his mates and then still escaped even though my driver was dead. My team mates came in quickly when I hit the German tank and finished them off. 

I noticed loads of black hit notifiers around my tank front? They couldn't hurt me. 

Have to say? I'm really enjoying this game and thanks again for the help. 

Ulv_Jaeger #44 Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

If you missed it, the is an online calculator for spotting range and camo here. N.B. There is a bug in the he sees you stationary.

regarding camo in general. Think of it as if there is a max view range of 455m, and any advance you have above that in view range, you are chewing into the enemies camo… So with a light active scout you want high camo to chew into his view range ability and high view range to chew into his ability to hide (camo). A bit like excel worksheet in 3d. :)

Following your progress and it looks like you are doing well :)

Ulfhedinn_ #45 Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

On T15, when you can eventually afford it and from a 50% off sale - optics (mobile view range), vents (more mobile view range & stuff), enhanced suspension (to reduce you getting tracked by enemy fire, splash, or by jumping) are good equipment choices. They also create the minimum amount of equipment weight. Like you say Stan_Still, it's fast, make the most of that.

Assuming you're a newbie - re jumping (something the T15 does a lot), make sure you take-off & land in perfectly straight lines. Any turn at take-off or immediate landing will likely track you. Also, don't be afraid to use auto-aim. Lot's of people say you should turn it off and always manual aim in order to hit weak-spots. That's the right thing to do if you're still and sniping or close and brawling, but auto-aim is very good in a fast-moving T15. Clicking auto-aim onto an enemy when you're moving at speed allows you to take evasive moves as you approach them, get close and circle, and your gun will keep trained on them allowing you to concentrate on other stuff (like terrain, where other enemy are, where you're going & your escape route etc) while you keep firing away and hitting them. It fires so often it won't matter if you fail to pen a few times, you hitting them will put them off hitting you, giving you a chance to get on their weaker sides / rear, or perhaps more to the point, it will help you stay alive to keep spotting so your team mates can shoot them. Cuz that's the thing, as much as it's a tier 3 Cromwell and great at dog fighting & circles of death, it's an even better active scout and spotter for your team.

And on active scouting - maintaining movement & speed is a great tactic, but so too is getting close enough to an enemy to spot them then using hard terrain as cover. You don't have to see them 100% of the time to light them up 100% of the time. You can spot them for your team to shoot then immediately retreat back into cover, they'll stay lit and visible to your team for some seconds, only re-spot them when they go invisible on your minimap again. Optimise the amount you keep enemy lit while minimising the amount of time you're exposed to fire. Like on the Malinovka map, from start of game head down the lake-side road at full speed and down onto the lower terrain by the lake to keep out of enemy fire and then behind the rock (or on the island behind the rock depending which side you start). And just keep edging out to re-spot the enemy then immediately go behind cover again to keep out of fire. Get that right on Malinovka & with a bit of luck you should be in for a patrol duty medal & a MasterTankers. Also, remember not to try and spot and expose yourself to multiple enemy fire if there are none of your team mates able to shoot what you spot. Remember that view range (the distance you can spot an enemy), is shorter than draw range (the distance you can see an enemy already spotted), but that draw range is still limited (I think to around 600 or 650m's). So like on Provorovka map, don't think your team can shoot enemy you're spotting toward the far end of the map if your team at camping at your end. 

gl :-)

Edited by Maxmk6, 31 March 2014 - 12:28 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #46 Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 54305 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Is a good little tank.  I bought it in the half price sale during the xmas 2012 sales.  I go with binos, vents and gld, so I can fight across the valley in "Provence."

knoxySR #47 Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles
Good view range and nice radio, turns nice and goes fast so its nice for a scout, its gun is pathetic probably one of the worst guns in the game.

yaourti #48 Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA

It's a good little gun, quick aiming, fast firing and quite accurate- pen  and damage are low but it's not primarily a damage dealer.

I always carry about 30% gold ammo (it's cheap 800 credits) and I'm not shy about using it.

This tank's outstanding feature is it's 350m view range, I try to make the most of that with vents, optics and binos- it's small and quick so is equally at home bush spotting or active scouting.

Lovely little machine.

Dihi #49 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37259 battles

Was there an event or mission to get this tank for free? Because I don't remember buying it, and today as I scrolled through my tanks there it was... :amazed:

ps: nvm, scratch that, if I red the topic before there was actually a mission :biggrin:

Edited by Dihi, 01 August 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Krufft #50 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16372 battles

This is a great little tank. I just bought it yesterday and have (for me) an astronomical win rate with it so far of  67% over 15 or so games. Two Patrol Duty medals too (passive spotting on Province and Steppes).

It's basically a Loltraktor on steroids, and I haven't found the need to use APCR with it yet.

Vents, Camonet & Binocs does the job.

gekistan #51 Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5906 battles

I own it as well and like it. Bought itonsale to complement my pz38na. This thing was suposed to be its successor (the na being an experiment itself of course with 15 or so built). Just a shame WG left of the 5cm gun wichi t was suposed to get if the wiki is to be believed. Did they built it with that gun irl? That would probably make it a tier 4 prem though...

Anyway, I was wondering:Are you guys playing this tank more now the prems got their buff? Has it changed anything for you?

Trigger_Happy_Dad #52 Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8078 battles

Bought it yesterday, like it very much.

Fun tank. :)

Lulu_Scorpa #53 Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2612 battles

Lowest tier in battle, highest EXP earning: 

REPLAY: T-15 Ace Tanker, Patrol Duty, 2.3k assisted damage, top EXP in tier 5 battle, only 40% win chance

Posted Image
Posted Image

73north #54 Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39788 battles

I very rarely have a bad game in this superb scout -. It's fast, accurate, mobile, and with an excellent view range/radio combination, it can still provide valuable recon information as a passive scout.

I have a Camouflage Net and full crew training ( at 100% ) in Camouflage - so I am really hard to spot , if i am on Malinovka I go to K5 area and if not spotted

until my camo net kicks in , I regularly turn a game , as I pass targets to the team continually - often when they were very low win chance games .

MeetriX #55 Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23654 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostLulu_Scorpa, on 07 December 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Why did you get so little EXP? :amazed:

These two of my games are quite similar, but I got over 1,1k exp on both.

http://wotreplays.co...te/588212#stats

http://wotreplays.co...e/1476382#stats

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #56 Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
That necro lol... T-15 best tier 3 tonk ever.

CalvinKleinberg #57 Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17193 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 27 December 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Why did you get so little EXP? :amazed:

These two of my games are quite similar, but I got over 1,1k exp on both.

http://wotreplays.co...te/588212#stats

http://wotreplays.co...e/1476382#stats

Because he was spotting, not shooting to expose his consealment, not doing damage.. can't you read?

You did nearly twice as much damage to enemy in each of your two battles... but with his premium account and x3 bonus, he's got more EXP in a single battle than both of your battles combined.. that's why this game is so broken, pay to win. 

Edited by CalvinKleinberg, 01 January 2016 - 05:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users