Jump to content


south spawn pearl river


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

zapbrannigan93 #1 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14834 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    09-22-2012
please stop camping on the base side of the bridge!

if you want to win rush the valley and get to the middle ground before they do. they usually dont know what to do with them selves when that happens!!

Commander_Chris #2 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21844 battles
  • 1,110
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
Congratulations.
You just made a post, it was absolutely amazing, my heart went out for you and my thoughts will be with you forever because of it.
Just make sure, next time, you put it in the right forum area and put it in a way somebody may actually care.
Thanks for your post.
Sincerely:
The fish you saw on Serene Coast

Edited by Commander_Chris, 23 October 2013 - 08:22 PM.


zapbrannigan93 #3 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14834 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    09-22-2012

View PostCommander_Chris, on 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Congratulations.

You just made a post, it was amazingly written and to the point!

Just make sure, next time, you put it in the right forum area and put it in a way somebody may actually care.

Thanks for your post.

Sincerely:
The fish you saw on Serene Coast
thanks for the feed back! the fact that you don't care but still took the time out of your busy day to reply to this misplaced and poorly written post is a credit to you!
when i myself come across a post i have no interest in, i ignore it and move on. but thats just me.
i would suggest you do the same but in truth i care little about you! in fact you are probably the type of person i would start a fight with in a pub. but again thats just me.
any way good luck  


Commander_Chris #4 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21844 battles
  • 1,110
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View Postzapbrannigan93, on 23 October 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:


The idea is to put your answer below the quote?

zapbrannigan93 #5 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14834 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    09-22-2012

View PostCommander_Chris, on 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Congratulations.
You just made a post, it was absolutely amazing, my heart went out for you and my thoughts will be with you forever because of it.
Just make sure, next time, you put it in the right forum area and put it in a way somebody may actually care.
Thanks for your post.
Sincerely:
The fish you saw on Serene Coast
oh by the way i see in your profile that your interested in joining the army.
a little tip for you. i was in the infantry for 3 years and i can tell that with your winning charm that you will do well!!
most smart @ss's got the p@ss beaten out of them but i think you will be ok!!just do what your doing you'll be fine

Kaixela #6 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17093 battles
  • 180
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012
Defending the bridge => autowin on that side. (in most cases)

Is that so hard to understand?

CaravanOfCourage #7 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 47349 battles
  • 883
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
Defending that bridge is 50/50 depending how stupid the other team are. If they're really dumb, they will cross one by one and die=win. If they're not stupid, but your team is you will lose. Because 80% of the team camp there waiting for easy kills, easy kills that don't come, because enemy has figured out what's waiting. They leave a few tanks near to defend while rest of their team steamrol the other side.

Defending the bridge is a good starting plan. But when nothing happens there for first 2-3minutes, its time to change strategy....unfortunately, no one ever does.

Commander_Chris #8 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21844 battles
  • 1,110
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View Postzapbrannigan93, on 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

oh by the way i see in your profile that your interested in joining the army.
a little tip for you. i was in the infantry for 3 years and i can tell that with your winning charm that you will do well!!
most smart @ss's got the p@ss beaten out of them but i think you will be ok!!just do what your doing you'll be fine

On a serious note = Nice job (seriously bro!)

But in my way. As an officer I would like to be, my job is to beat the p*** out of them  :playing:

Arafel #9 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46368 battles
  • 596
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011
Pushing the valley can be done, but is even more difficult to achieve in randoms than letting them camp. So unless you see a few other decent to good players in fast heavies, don't bother, you will just die alone there.

St4n #10 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19511 battles
  • 956
  • [WU36] WU36
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostRico4uk, on 23 October 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Defending that bridge is 50/50 depending how stupid the other team are. If they're really dumb, they will cross one by one and die=win. If they're not stupid, but your team is you will lose. Because 80% of the team camp there waiting for easy kills, easy kills that don't come, because enemy has figured out what's waiting. They leave a few tanks near to defend while rest of their team steamrol the other side.
Defending the bridge is a good starting plan. But when nothing happens there for first 2-3minutes, its time to change strategy....unfortunately, no one ever does.
How often do you saw that the enemies trapped behind the bridge actually driving back trough their base to help the other flank? And also not half of the team is required camping there...
2-3 tanks (at least one with good armor) directly at the bridge, one left of the bridge shooting from last house peek-a-boo (in the emies flank if they drive on the bridge/ can hide if they aim there, which gives the teammates at the entrance the opportunity to shoot in their turrets side).
2-3 tanks behind the spawn which can snipe at the bridge AND the left flank...
Rest goes left flank (outer and inner side) and steamroll over mostly below half of the enemies team (because most still go in the canyon).
I even had a game where our 3 toptiers (all good stats in xvm) got stuck in the canyon against some mid tiers at the bridge. Their toptiers where crushing the other flank, than rolling behind them in the canyon...
So yes, defending the bridge is a hughe advantage as long as not half of the team is camping there.

Edited by St4n, 23 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.


WolFie90 #11 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24151 battles
  • 749
  • [EST-D] EST-D
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postzapbrannigan93, on 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

oh by the way i see in your profile that your interested in joining the army.
a little tip for you. i was in the infantry for 3 years and i can tell that with your winning charm that you will do well!!
most smart @ss's got the p@ss beaten out of them but i think you will be ok!!just do what your doing you'll be fine

You dumb fairy shitstick!

3 years ? ONLY ?
Around my friends, we'd still call you newbie and would fool you around with some really dumb tricks!

You "came in like a rainbow" to this forum and failed miserably with the first attemt. Good luck with the next one tho... hope you get frustrated!

booyuko #12 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4816 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    09-22-2012
Pear River is a stupid map, it should be reworked.

Commander_Chris #13 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21844 battles
  • 1,110
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View Postbooyuko, on 23 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Pear River is a stupid map, it should be reworked.

I think it's a great map as long as you know where the key holding points are.
For example:

NOT CROSSING THE BRIDGE.
Having a scout in the centre town.
Enough Forces moving round the outside to snipe for the scout and to hold it.

Simple.

zapbrannigan93 #14 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14834 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    09-22-2012

View PostWolFie90, on 23 October 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

You dumb fairy shitstick!

3 years ? ONLY ?
Around my friends, we'd still call you newbie and would fool you around with some really dumb tricks!

You "came in like a rainbow" to this forum and failed miserably with the first attemt. Good luck with the next one tho... hope you get frustrated!
so what regiment were or are you in?

Balc0ra #15 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67441 battles
  • 17,166
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Defending the bridge is a valid tactic if done right. In 9/10 times when the team I've been in does it, 10 of em camp next to the bridge. And 5 guard the center line. Most ppl by now know when the enemy team is guarding the bridge. And goes the long way around while a few remain as decoys. The 5 guarding the flank get killed fast. Then the 10 die in the next 2 min. But most of em go to far forward cus they want damage on the bridge. And die long before that.

One time I had 2 good 3 man platoons that said they got the bridge. 1 spotted the rest hid on hill. The remaining tanks went the long way around to their base. We won 0-15. It works if done right. But form my experience... when a guy says don't cross the bridge. I usually lose that match :)

cellaman7 #16 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34296 battles
  • 4,553
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
Defending the bridge was the "new" way to win due to the way the South side has to expose themselves more if the battle comes to the normal place peek a boo match.

Being aggressive and storming through can work if your team is all on the same wavelength. I don't mind Bridge defenders though, especially in my arty I get to shoot fish in a barrel as they all queue up on the other side of the bridge.

From my recent experience though, nobody listens to those few words "defend the bridge" and a couple always rush to their deaths.

EmperorSafirius #17 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21062 battles
  • 3,400
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011
Ah OP, your posts always remind me of something the "hero" on your profile pic would do :trollface:
"Well done Captain Brannigan, by sacrificing your whole crew to the enemy, you made the enemy bored so they surrendered. Congratulations"
Defending the bridge is easier because: 1, arty cant get you, 2. you have cover, they dont. Simple as that. Now go and find your brain, I think you lost is somewhere. :sceptic:

Edited by EmperorSafirius, 23 October 2013 - 09:19 PM.


Hakapeliitta #18 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19504 battles
  • 24
  • [PSOP] PSOP
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011
What I don't understand that if people defend the bridge, why they have to stand 1 meters away from it. It would be easier if they just stayed unspotted in bushes and 1-2 spotters that can see the bridge?

Edited by Hakapeliitta, 23 October 2013 - 09:26 PM.


Commander_Chris #19 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21844 battles
  • 1,110
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 23 October 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Ah OP, your posts always remind me of something the "hero" on your profile pic would do :trollface:
"Well done Captain Brannigan, by sacrificing your whole crew to the enemy, you made the enemy bored so they surrendered. Congratulations"
Defending the bridge is easier because: 1, arty cant get you, 2. you have cover, they dont. Simple as that. Now go and find your brain, I think you lost is somewhere. :sceptic:
Brain...? What's a brain?

Krizmuz #20 Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9031 battles
  • 1,930
  • Member since:
    03-21-2012
2/10 would not feed




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users