Late October in the Gift Shop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
To bid this month farewell, we have prepared a couple of nice gift offers for this week – check them out!

Full news text

Cravone #2 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28628 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
Again, offers I will not buy, due to the fact that it's credits yet again that drives up the price. How about premium time, free xp, or a rare tank? Would be better than 10mill.

Brynd #3 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
Mmm more tanks, gotta catch em all!

View PostCravone, on 24 October 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Again, offers I will not buy, due to the fact that it's credits yet again that drives up the price. How about premium time, free xp, or a rare tank? Would be better than 10mill.
Fair enough: we know not all the deals will appeal to everyone. And that "Fort Knox" one is well, whoa, it's big!

You mention a premium time deal: is the "Quality Time" deal (30 days premium for 9.95) not appropriate?  Or do you mean like a bundle?

paillette #4 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5911 battles
It seems to me that Wargamming watched Battlestar Galactica to the overdose for their bunddles: "This is begining, this is the end. All that come before will come again". Nothing original/special, just the usual.

ShortSighted #5 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2506 battles
these sales really do not interest me,credits come with playing the game anyways so why pay over the hill prices for something.you can farm in a few days.

things i would love to see on sale for limited time would be:

type 59~~type 62~~that funky lil french spg (the one with the long weird name XD )..these are what i want to spend money on,not something i can aquire using the same boring t8 premium tanks i alrdy have anyways..

people say too many t59's was about thats why they stopped selling it.but although i probs would not be the best player in it,i dont see why i should not be allowed to sample these tanks..just like alot of people i see performing rubbish in them.

TechLord #6 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19706 battles
Oh, come on, this is getting ridiculous. You advertise as an offer for 9.95 Eur - 30 days of premium and the same 30 days have always been 2500 GOLD which costs 9.95. No really, are you paying money to the people who come up with these offers?

tank_commandant #7 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27662 battles
hmmmm, the E-25 looks so funny  :smile:

But I'm not going to buy it if it is not on sale, I prefer to buy it in-game if it is 30% less gold   :smile:
So I'm waiting for the x-mas weekends

baizondi #8 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20585 battles
Ok, so i am not getting it. Every month i watch the offers with anticipation, that something really appealing would emerge....but no.Every month it is the same- gold and ingame credits. This time there is a 100 euro offer, which includes 10mil ingame credits. Are u insane. Take notice from those players, who are actually suggesting some good ideas. For example do not be so cheap on your rare tanks- if i want to give my money for some online product, thus supporting WG, at least give me some rare vehicles to buy. Something, that i could not get otherwise, not just items, that everyone can buy at anytime. Cheers and take notice from all those players, who actually have some constructive opinion.  :smile:

Edited by baizondi, 24 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Brynd #9 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

View Postpaillette, on 24 October 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

It seems to me that Wargamming watched Battlestar Galactica to the overdose for their bunddles: "This is begining, this is the end. All that come before will come again". Nothing original/special, just the usual.
What would you like to see in particular? :smiles:

View PostShortSighted, on 24 October 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

type 59~~type 62~~that funky lil french spg (the one with the long weird name XD )..these are what i want to spend money on,not something i can aquire using the same boring t8 premium tanks i alrdy have anyways..
people say too many t59's was about thats why they stopped selling it.but although i probs would not be the best player in it,i dont see why i should not be allowed to sample these tanks..just like alot of people i see performing rubbish in them.
Ahh the legendary Type 59! Unfortunately Sir, we do not plan to bring it back.  :confused:
Edit: Ouch, negative rep for being the bearer of bad news...

Brynd #10 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

View Postbaizondi, on 24 October 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Ok, so i am not getting it. Every month i watch the offers with anticipation, that something really appealing would emerge....but no.Every month it is the same- gold and ingame credits. This time there is a 100 euro offer, which includes 10mil ingame credits. Are u insane.

We realise these bigger deals can get some negative feedback here. It's essentially very basic economics, though: we supply them because there is demand — people do buy them. Just the people who buy them don't tend to post about it here in the forum.

View Postbaizondi, on 24 October 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Take notice from those players, who are actually suggesting some good ideas. For example do not be so cheap on your rare tanks- if i want to give my money for some online product, thus supporting WG, at least give me some rare vehicles to buy. Something, that i could not get otherwise, not just items, that everyone can buy at anytime. Cheers and take notice from all those players, who actually have some constructive opinion.  :smile:

And we appreciate you taking a moment to give your feedback.  :smile:

paillette #11 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5911 battles
I would like to see the BT-SV which would be awesome if you would make it amphibious. I would also like to see more rare tanks and not the offers that are made every month for almost 4 month now. And cheap tanks (of course no tier VIII because they are not cheap) and only tanks, no gold, no creds, no consumables that would inflate the price. And fun to drive too.

ShortSighted #12 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2506 battles

View PostBrynd, on 24 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Ahh the legendary Type 59! Unfortunately Sir, we do not plan to bring it back.  :confused:

ah atleast is sums up i have all this game can offer me now..so f2p it is from this moment on XD

TechLord #13 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19706 battles

View PostBrynd, on 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

We realise these bigger deals can get some negative feedback here. It's essentially very basic economics, though: we supply them because there is demand — people do buy them. Just the people who buy them don't tend to post about it here in the forum.
I think you deliberately missed my point. There is no deal. Every single day of the year you charge 9.95E for 30 days of premium. But you have to buy gold first(2500) to convert it. Now there is an "offer" :9.95E for 30 days of premium. I would have made it 9.94E just so it can be called an offer. Why not throw in 10k in-game silver. Something insignificant but more than the usual thing.

Brynd #14 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

View PostTechLord, on 24 October 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

I think you deliberately missed my point. There is no deal. Every single day of the year you charge 9.95E for 30 days of premium. But you have to buy gold first(2500) to convert it. Now there is an "offer" :9.95E for 30 days of premium. I would have made it 9.94E just so it can be called an offer. Why not throw in 10k in-game silver. Something insignificant but more than the usual thing.

I'm sorry if you feel that I missed your point, I didn't do it deliberately. I simply wanted to comment on the thing you said, which I quoted.

Dongfeng_division #15 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45045 battles
I only consider buying Gift packs if there is a unique tank in the package. Otherwise, I don't bother.

View PostBrynd, on 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

You don't plan to bring it back now, but you might plan to bring it back tomorrow. That's how things work.
There is nothing "legendary" about Type 59 right now. It was legendary when it was fighting mostly against tier6 tanks (it had massively OP MM), it was legendary when it gave bigger income (which got nerfed, see the thread that talks about that), and it was legendary when it was the only mobile t8 premium tank. As far as Chinese server goes, it was legendary because it was the only Chinese tank, so what did you expect but a flood of Type 59's on that server.
Even if you put Type 59 on sale right now, it would never achieve legendary status it once had, nor would EU server be flooded with them. Despite it being the only t8 medium premium (I'm not counting underpowered T-34-3 that almost everyone hates, and that has by far the lowest winrate).
And just to make something clear - I don't really plan on buying Type (or any other t8 premium - because of income nerf), and I was playing this game when Type 59 was still on sale, and decided against buying it. But I know very well why it was legendary, since I was a victim of OP MM the tank had, where you'd be in a t5-t6 tank, fighting Type 59 with old stats (and old 3-tier MM spread), and you couldn't even penetrate it except maybe in the side if he decided to be generous and show it.

Edited by Dongfeng_division, 24 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Cipzilla #16 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31881 battles
  • [-RGN-] -RGN-

View PostTechLord, on 24 October 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

There are some people that don't realize there is no deal in this kind of "deals". These are the people that still buying this kind of package and until they learn to do the math i'm afraid we will keep getting this great offers ...

Johncc #17 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49309 battles
In fairnes to WG the years premium for 74 Euro looks cracking value 6.16 per month v 9.95 on a monthly basis

Brynd #18 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

View PostDongfeng_division, on 24 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

There is nothing "legendary" about Type 59 right now.

Perhaps from your perspective, but I have past colleagues that actually contacted me specifically requesting a Type 59 code once they realised I had started here. :smiles:

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback!

5_InchFl0ppy #19 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCommunity, on 24 October 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

To bid this month farewell, we have prepared a couple of nice gift offers for this week – check them out!

Full news text

While these offers are a little uninspiring I would like to say that it is a good thing that you have already replied several times on this thread asking for feedback.

I think what players are after are tanks like the BT-SV or similarly rare and unique ones that are available but incredibly hard to get.

I understand that tanks that the beta testers bought were sold on the basis to them that they would never again become available (M6A2E1 as an example) and I am perfectly fine with that.

However rehashing the same deals over and over again is boring, surely you can see that ? So why not get some of the rarer tanks like the BT-SV or similar tanks and sell them separately, without the gold and the premium days for an appropriate price ?

Askys #20 Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9982 battles
As always nothing interesting and it seems RU/NA gets a better deal, and more deals. why is it we dont even have the same kind of gift shop as they do? pretty sure that would make more people buy.
(allso brynd ''Edit: Ouch, negative rep for being the bearer of bad news...'' yea well we cant really complain anywhere ells writing to support just gets ignored or a empty reply, which you just know is going to disapear in their inbox.)
Edit why aint we getting to buy the a32 m6a2e1 PZIV/V :c RU get to (and think NA did for a while)

Edited by Askys, 24 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users