Player Insult Cancer Ban

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

AbuserNL #1 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18533 battles
Hello all,
I just played a game online and want to tell you what happened (can also be seen in this replay):
So, I wanted to level my SU-101 and started a game in it. That's how I got this Encounter game on Mountain Pass.
One of the first players to die is an E-100. He got shot by an T-30 and he thinks the T-30 used gold to kill him. Now the flaming starts.
He tells the T-30 driver to "get cancer, gold noob". And this is what got me. I'm used to the normal flaming and don't start a topic on the forums for that. But I don't think it's normal to tell someone to get cancer. So I tell the E-100 driver that he shouldn't tell others to get cancer. My father got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, so I know how bad a desease it is. After that the E-100 driver tells me to get cancer too (and the rest of my family). So he clearly doesn't seem to care.
That's why I want to ask your attention. Please help me to get a ban for these kind of players, starting with the player in question (who's name I won't mention over here, but it can be found in the link).
I hope this will be a sign to other players, so that they don't tell others the just get cancer (over a f*cking game).
Thanks in advance!

Edited by AbuserNL, 25 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

basin79 #2 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
There's a saying. Words come cheap. It can be used for a variety of situations including this one. They're only words off a faceless tank. Don't let it get to you. The internet is a lot of things. Some good some bad. I'm not in anyway defending the player. Far from it. However typed words on a pc screen are just that. Words. Let them carry on in their own little world and you carry on with yours. Good luck to your dad by the way.
My dad got the all clear a little while ago so there is hope. Chin up tanker.

Edited by basin79, 25 October 2013 - 11:28 PM.

AbuserNL #3 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18533 battles

View Postbasin79, on 25 October 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

There's a saying. Words come cheap. It can be used for a variety of situations including this one. They're only words off a faceless tank. Don't let it get to you. The internet is a lot of things. Some good some bad. I'm not in anyway defending the player. Far from it. However typed words on a pc screen are just that. Words. Let them carry on in their own little world and you carry on with yours. Good luck to your dad by the way.
My dad got the all clear a little while ago so there is hope. Chin up tanker.
True, it are just words. That's why I told him that telling stuff like that doesn't belong in a game. And still he wishes others to get cancer. That's why I started this, he doesn't really seem to see what those words actually can mean to another person.

Thanks for your best wishes and good to hear your dad had the all clear!

basin79 #4 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostAbuserNL, on 25 October 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

True, it are just words. That's why I told him that telling stuff like that doesn't belong in a game. And still he wishes others to get cancer. That's why I started this, he doesn't really seem to see what those words actually can mean to another person.Thanks for your best wishes and good to hear your dad had the all clear!

Cheers.

You'd be better off getting rid of the players name from your original post. It'll only get you a ban.

AbuserNL #5 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18533 battles

View Postbasin79, on 25 October 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Cheers.

You'd be better off getting rid of the players name from your original post. It'll only get you a ban.
Really? *facepalm* :facepalm:
Thanks for the heads up.

Gugulugalaga #6 Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18248 battles
I'd say, that's what the ignorelist is for. Very convenient.

GiraffeInATopHat #7 Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Would be ironic if that player ended up with cancer in the future and you and the T30 did not.
Put people like that on the ignore list, works every time  :smile:

CritticalError #8 Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
Ignorlist
Reportfunction
Send mail with replay to support  (If he has annoyed enough players he might get banned or something)
Some mods completely dissable texting.

Furyien #9 Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19491 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
still there are lines one should never cross and there are lines that are crossed in the game daily that would make you eligible for inditement in many nations.

ive stated this before in other posts but ive been around the mmo, fps games for along time and i have a memory to share frmo the early days of world of warcraft.

a russian fellow is being well a racist punk. his insults are long detailed and most heinous. the draws in pretty much anyone and anything not russian in his insulting. between 2 sentences hes banned for life.

sure you cant do that in this example. but theres been plenty of occasions where people have bashed into other individuals or groups where atleast here you would get a lawsuit and a fat bill to pay for it. in those cases i think wg should make a statement and flip the switch on said account.

im with you on this op lets get the real nasties out of the game feet first if necassary.

_intoxicated_ #10 Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21442 battles
I've noticed people telling others to get cancer for quite a few years now (8+) and it is always the Dutch players who say it.

It has a slightly different meaning and cultural references in Holland:

http://pethatesblog....-dutch-insults/

AbuserNL #11 Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18533 battles

View Post_intoxicated_, on 07 November 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I've noticed people telling others to get cancer for quite a few years now (8+) and it is always the Dutch players who say it.

It has a slightly different meaning and cultural references in Holland:

http://pethatesblog....-dutch-insults/
I don't know what nation uses it most and I don't really care.

And btw, that article isn't really true. The dutch word "kanker" (cancer) isn't that common as that "article" suggests.

Hasenragout #12 Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15749 battles
  • [SFFA] SFFA
So true. Had one T34 on Abbey as support at the east. I was in my kv-2. We faced another T34, a hellcat and a e25 coming down. we didnt had big problems with hellcat and e25 and they died fast. so there was only me, t34 and the enemy t34 left. Everybody of us 3 used the peek-a-boo-tactic but on a very, let's say special wise. our t34 got out of cover, shot without aiming and he didnt really used his awesome turret armor. the enemy made exactly the same. i tried to help my teammate and always got out when the enemy already shot. Then the enemy t34 killed my teammate t34 cause he still hit one or two shots more. So, i got a more arty-safe position and let the t34 with 200hp come. he slowly showed up but cause of a small bump, i could only see his turret. Of course, even the t34's turret is no problem to dmg with the 152mm gun so i shot and killed him.
And the next thing that came from him: He called me and the other t34 goldnoob and hacker. I know, never feed trolls, but i replied that someone needs to hack the wot-server if this person wanna hack. What did he replied? "go die on AIDS, motherfucker".
Some people just dont know what a GAME is. Yes, i also flame sometimes about my idiotic team, even if i am often not better than my teammates, but not like this. worst thing i may say is "idiot" and maybe "f*****" when i am really raged and the team is really, really stupid. But i never said "Die" or "Get AIDS" or sth like this.

At shot_38, you can see him saying "Go die on AIDS idiot", at shot_39 he says "haha, dirty loser, dead"

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_039.jpg   110.19K
  • Attached File   shot_038.jpg   110.69K

comrade_leroy #13 Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2023 battles
  • [NVSPN] NVSPN
Probably the guy who said ''get cancer, gold noob'' was dutch to, just sayin :P

AbuserNL #14 Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18533 battles

View Postcomrade_leroy, on 07 November 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Probably the guy who said ''get cancer, gold noob'' was dutch to, just sayin :P
I checked especially for you, he was (and still is) Czech.

Edited by AbuserNL, 08 November 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Also tagged with Player, Insult, Cancer, Ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users