Need help with tech!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

NERDST3R #1 Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19663 battles
I have recently acquired a 51 inch 3D Plasma TV but i'm having some troubles with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me, I've tried looking through the manual but that didn't help. I use the TV as a monitor for my PC so I do all my normal gaming things on it.

First off my PC and TV can't seem to find a resolution they are both happy with, I have tried changing the resolution through the control panel on my PC but no resolution seemed to actually work well, it was either grainy or the icons were all over the place.

Secondly, I use a HDMI cable to connect my PC to the TV. Naturally this means that the sound from my PC comes out of the TV however I want to use my headset which needs to connect directly to the TV. When I plug in the yellow and red audio wires into the TV (at the seemingly only available place) I can't get the audio to come out of my headset.

Lastly the 3D is just messed up. There are 3 options on the TV to convert 2D into 3D, when I wear the glasses the first option seems to be the best but the picture is really grainy especially with text. Some videos I've tested are pretty good with the first option. But everything else is unreadable/unplayable/unwatchable. The last 2 options don't work at all.

I don't know the exact make of the TV but I do know it's a samsung.

If anyone could help that would be great although I appreciate it may be difficult not being able to see it physically.

K_A #2 Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Shouldn't the TV have a standard FullHD resolution? 1920x1080? Would seem weird if it had anything different.

As for the sound, you can change the sound output in the computer's settings to not go into the TV and instead come out of the computer where you can use your headset like normal. It's in control panel -> sound, there you should see all available sound systems, then just change the computer back to default.

Could the problem with 3D be viewing distance? I'd imagine it requires some distance between the TV and you watching it. Can't really help as I've never owned a 3D TV..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users