Need new Tier 3 fun-tank...

luchs pz3a 38(t)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier 3 fun-tank (39 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which Tier 3 tank do you recommend for fun purpose??

1. Pz. II G (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Pz. 38(t) (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. Pz. III A (1 vote [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. Pz. I C (28 votes [71.79%])

Percentage of vote: 71.79%

Vote Hide poll

affie #1 Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19549 battles
I loved the Luchs when it was a Tier 3 tank with amazing turn-rate, sluggish turret and a decent gun in it's 5 cm KwK 38 L/42, I had a decent 55% winrate in it, and then when it was moved up one tier in combination with the new physics and less arties it was not fun anymore, and the same goes for the T-50 (55% winrate), which I sold after its nerf. I get the hang of proper scouting, the Luchs just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

So my question to you guys is is what Tier 3 German light tank should I chose for my crew if I like the a mobile zippy platform which pack a punch and can out-maneuver enemies, Pz. 38(t), Pz. III A, the Pz. I C, or the Pz. II G??

aGentleTanker #2 Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Like Luchs at tier 4 still much better then any of these.

The_Raging_Bull #3 Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13487 battles
Oh man I loved my Luchs back in tier 3. I loved it soo much :), i got a top gun almost every time i played it. I got my top record of 10 kills in it, while it was at tier III. I love it even now on tier IV (So far got 7 kills record as tier IV)

But i think now the replacement is surely the Pz38t. It may isnt as fast as the luchs, but it is still mobile, the gun has nice fast aiming time and its quite acurate and It looks amazing as well.

Get one of those and you are golden man trust me as a Luchs lover.

Also dont go for the joke I.C, the tier III Luchs could beat his ass every damn time with no problems at all. Its a 79kph hyperactive kid, who just needs a slap on the face and calm down. I hate it so much. And the little wanabe Luchs the II. G is the same weak ass cheap try.

The Luchs was the true gentlemans tier III, it was reliable and fun and a grown up serious tank. And it is even better now at tier IV.

Trust me Pz38t is the best choice for a Luchs lover. Go for it.

Have fun and good luck in future battles  :smile:

AndyScouser #4 Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14158 battles
pz1c for just pure fun, you can do every think you need (apart from maybe pen).  I love it when you pump 120 rounds into a tank you are circling to have achieved 48hp dmg.  You want fun, this is the one.
I also really enjoy the LTP as it is half decent at everything but not great at anything either.  If low tier trolling is your thing, get the premium Pak40, one of my favourite tanks, especially if somebody is willing to push you around all battle..
I do equally well in each, between 60-65% WR so yes whilst having fun you can also make a big difference to the game

Edited by AndyScouser, 30 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

aGentleTanker #5 Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Ah just forgot to mention, at tier 3 my recommendations are M3 Stuart
Chi Cha & ue57 (however static gameplay, do big dmg, kill even KV-1 from time to time)

Edited by aGentleTanker, 30 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Eokokok #6 Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
1C is just so great you can't go wrong with it, the speed, the gun (L112 ofc), armour is decent, and with 2 people crew you can train them at speed of light.

affie #7 Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19549 battles

View PostThe_Raging_Bull, on 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Oh man I loved my Luchs back in tier 3. I loved it soo much :), i got a top gun almost every time i played it. I got my top record of 10 kills in it, while it was at tier III. I love it even now on tier IV (So far got 7 kills record as tier IV)

But i think now the replacement is surely the Pz38t. It may isnt as fast as the luchs, but it is still mobile, the gun has nice fast aiming time and its quite acurate and It looks amazing as well.

Get one of those and you are golden man trust me as a Luchs lover.

Also dont go for the joke I.C, the tier III Luchs could beat his [edited]every damn time with no problems at all. Its a 79kph hyperactive kid, who just needs a slap on the face and calm down. I hate it so much. And the little wanabe Luchs the II. G is the same weak [edited]cheap try.

The Luchs was the true gentlemans tier III, it was reliable and fun and a grown up serious tank. And it is even better now at tier IV.

Trust me Pz38t is the best choice for a Luchs lover. Go for it.

Have fun and good luck in future battles  :smile:

Thx, I guess the Pz38t is what I looking for then, it is also the one closest to my heart being ancestor to the Swedish Strv M/41.  :glasses:

But how do you get the Luchs to work now in these days, use the 5 cm or the M.103 3cm?? I have tried the long 5 cm and maybe it is the lack of pen i miss??

View PostAndyScouser, on 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

pz1c for just pure fun, you can do every think you need (apart from maybe pen).  I love it when you pump 120 rounds into a tank you are circling to have achieved 48hp dmg.  You want fun, this is the one.
I also really enjoy the LTP as it is half decent at everything but not great at anything either.  If low tier trolling is your thing, get the premium Pak40, one of my favourite tanks, especially if somebody is willing to push you around all battle..
I do equally well in each, between 60-65% WR so yes whilst having fun you can also make a big difference to the game

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is not fun when in a tier 5 game and you cant seem to pen anything but I guess I will give the LTP a second chance, it carries my old T-50 crew so it got a head start, and it can make decent amount of cash if you have a good game as well.  :smile:

I am amazed that no one recommends the Pz3A which should me similar to the Pz38t if you compare statistics of each tank, why doesn't anyone play that??

Zarax999 #8 Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10117 battles
  • [TWC] TWC
Cruiser MKII.
With 100% crew, vents, camo-net and EGDL you can be a tier III terror, a real sniping artillery baby KV-2.

yanunge #9 Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13344 battles
I would vote for Pz. II G, if it had the short 5cm gun of the Tier 3 Luchs.  The Pz. I C is quite fun, but ain't really feel like a real replacement. I settled for the Pz. 38(t) for now and might give Pz. III A another chance soon.

RedFighter19 #10 Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13878 battles
  • [D076] D076
Pz. I C  :smile:

BlueDaedricDragon #11 Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11400 battles
  • [-LOCO] -LOCO
Luchs is still quite fun to use, ether use the 30mm or the 50mm with APCR if you don't mind firing premium ammo(and it does work).
For the tier 3s?
Panzer I C is just pure distilled fun, switch of your brain and have fun.
Panzer II G is a bit sluggish but has the 30mm, the playstyle is more in the line of an autoloader.
Panzer III A is a nice tank, and the derp gun is fun to use from time to time, but personally I think it has a slightly different playstyle then that of a scout light tank.
Panzer 38(t) haven't played it in a long time, from what I remember it played quite well, had decent armor but played more like a "medium" tank playstyle.
T-15 is probably as much fun as the Pz1C, do not understand why so many people overlook it. Plays perfectly as a scout in tier 5 matches, but can do damage at tier 3 and 4.
And so far have kept all 5 of those tanks in my garage as they all have at least one fun thing about them.
But yeah if your looking for a tank that played like the old Luchs did, ether the Pz38(t) or the Pz2G. Since there all tier 3 tanks you could just try all 4 of the ones you listed with a 50% crew to see which playstyle suits you more. And ofc I recommend the Pz1C for times when you just want to have some fun at low tiers.

Edited by JJ2Gamer, 02 November 2013 - 04:33 PM.

spuff #12 Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If you loved the Luchs at tier 3 then get the T-15! Great little tank! Just carry some apcr to deal with those t18's!!!

The_Raging_Bull #13 Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13487 battles

View Postaffie, on 01 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thx, I guess the Pz38t is what I looking for then, it is also the one closest to my heart being ancestor to the Swedish Strv M/41.  :glasses:

But how do you get the Luchs to work now in these days, use the 5 cm or the M.103 3cm?? I have tried the long 5 cm and maybe it is the lack of pen i miss??

I am amazed that no one recommends the Pz3A which should me similar to the Pz38t if you compare statistics of each tank, why doesn't anyone play that??

Well I use the long 5 cm on the Luchs, it just works better, because if one of the shots in the 30mm auto cannon bounces or misses, you need to wait an another 16 seconds to have an another try (when killing arty for example) and those seconds could be used to break contact or kill an another tank..

So yeah Long 5 cm and a few premium ammo is my choice, it works perfectly, also set up the Luchs as a passive scout, i got binocs, camo net, camo skills on my crew, chocolate and 105 octane gas on the thing as consumables. So you get the speed to get into a good spotting position and then use your camo to spot everything that tryes to move.

It is really fun at ther IV too, i think even better than the T-50 now.

And as for the Pz3a Idk man, maybe its good maybe not, it just hasnt stayed in my mind like the Luchs or the 35t did.

Anyway whatever tank you will play, have fun and good luck;)

GlN #14 Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26744 battles
Pc I C

Got + 60% WR on mine.

orejaempezar #15 Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15141 battles
Panzer Ic is just pure lol.

Considering the autololer with 5 lolclips of 8 lol´s ofc.

Flinsenberger #16 Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8009 battles
  • [OE] OE
Go for the 1c. It is bouncy, fast, has a fun gun (unless going against KV-1 or Matilda) and is generally a lot of fun to play.

Pz IIIa is a POS. It has really one of the worst guns I know. It is so bad that you stand still and have to wait for a second until the aiming circle gets slower. Really awful. Bought it back to get the W/R to 50% but couldn't stand it, so I sold it again fast.

IIG... cant say anything about it.

The 38t is... well... an o.k. tank. It is rather slow, rather well armored, has an o.k. gun. It is nothing special, and, although it might be not bad, isn't anything I'd consider a "fun" vehicle.
- It isn't fast, no speedy factor going huuuuuiiiiiiiiii.
- It hasn't got great alpha, so no herpderp either
- It's not very well armored, so no "muahaha here i come try to shoot me" fun as in the british AT series, the T95 or the PzIIj.

So... it is just a well rounded tank, reasonable to play and good to get good results. But no fun in the sense of doing anything special.

Flinsenberger #17 Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8009 battles
  • [OE] OE

View Postaffie, on 01 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Big turret, 3cm gun. That's the gun of choice, the 5cm isn't worth it. When in Tier IV you can "oneshot" most tanks by pumping a magazine into them. No tank needs more than 2 magazines. You just have to play accordingly. Advance, always have an escape route. Hop out, empty your magazine, get back into cover and invisibility.

5cm hasn't got enough alpha. When you see a Hetzer from the side you want to own it. Not need 8 seconds and 4 shots to kill it.
And if you see the back or side of a Tiger, you want to pump out damage as fast as possible and then get the hell away from it. Not nibble on it with your 70dmg shots.

Check out the Luchs Hall of Fame ( http://tazilon.net/HoF/LuchsHall.html ) for making it work. Noone there uses the 5cm. It is too much liability and not enough asset.

Krizmuz #18 Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9031 battles
My favourite T3 is T-46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users