Goodbye wot!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Virvel #1 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20610 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
After 5 days of playing with complete idiots i've decided it would be the best thing for me to just uninstall wot. I came to conclusion that if u are not in group with someone who knows what to do u cant win a battle. Last two months i was able to watch reduction of people with brains and b**ls to do the right thing. I dont understand how someone who is t9 heavy tank like sti or e75 (tanks both made to take hits) are camping hidden next to TDs in a game with t8 and t7s, when their place is in front lines.
Or when 13 tanks goes on 1 side and only me (obviously [edited]) on other side so i can protect nearby arty, and when i ask for help none cares. And then comes the best part: those 13 tanks gets obliterated in 4 mins by 8 tanks. I think all of u have seen that in not so few games. How can 1 team kill 10 tanks while other kills only 1?
While i was grinding for higher tiers i hoped that the skill of a player gradually increases with a tank power. BOY I WAS WRONG!
I really like war games, especially about WW II, and WOT was really fun in first couple of months playing, but last few weeks i found myself in a situation where i rage and call people names (which im not proud of) when i see how fast team dies. Thats why im leaving, its not fair to offend someone just because he doesnt use his brain. If hes okay to play with other brain dead people, he should. But i cant and i wont.
Of course i could just leave without saying anything and maybe avoid to be the drama queen, but im writing this for the sake of people who made this game so they can have insight and opinion of another player. Thats all. A lot of things left unsaid but i cant type anymore, and this post is long enough already.

Edited by Ender__wiggins, 04 November 2013 - 06:41 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team. ~ Ender__wiggins

Wet_Letice #2 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21771 battles
How terrible.

aGentleTanker #3 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Yeah I noticed that too, last months the whining increases that the others ruin games...

I always have to insult them for being not as brilliant as i am!

AnthonyRMcG #4 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles
As I always say in this situation...

Virvel - 4045 battles - 04/11/2013

Lets check back in a few weeks and see if He does leave.
None of them ever do  :teethhappy:

Dis4ster #5 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles
Ehm, Teambattle? New Mode?

pomp #6 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18094 battles

View PostVirvel, on 04 November 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Of course i could just leave without saying anything and maybe avoid to be the drama queen, but im writing this for the sake of people who made this game so they can have insight and opinion of another player. Thats all. A lot of things left unsaid but i cant type anymore, and this post is long enough already.

damn, i bet the developers are truly devestated that youve quit.

Problem is that everything youve mentioned has been the same for a very long time and already has a million threads about them , and does it actually get anything done?

Was it jingles that said, play bad enough for long enough and you can get to tier 10, or something like that?

LargeFeline #7 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9666 battles
Can I have your account?  :trollface:

HonzaM #8 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41535 battles
  • [BIA] BIA

After 5 days of playing with complete idiots i've decided it would be the best thing for me to just uninstall wot. I came to conclusion that if u are not in group with someone who knows what to do u cant win a battle. Last two months i was able to watch reduction of people with brains and b**ls to do the right thing. I dont understand how someone who is t9 heavy tank like sti or e75 (tanks both made to take hits) are camping hidden next to TDs in a game with t8 and t7s, when their place is in front lines.
Or when 13 tanks goes on 1 side and only me (obviously [edited]) on other side so i can protect nearby arty, and when i ask for help none cares. And then comes the best part: those 13 tanks gets obliterated in 4 mins by 8 tanks. I think all of u have seen that in not so few games. How can 1 team kill 10 tanks while other kills only 1?
While i was grinding for higher tiers i hoped that the skill of a player gradually increases with a tank power. BOY I WAS WRONG!
I really like war games, especially about WW II, and WOT was really fun in first couple of months playing, but last few weeks i found myself in a situation where i rage and call people names (which im not proud of) when i see how fast team dies. Thats why im leaving, its not fair to offend someone just because he doesnt use his brain. If hes okay to play with other brain dead people, he should. But i cant and i wont.
I can understand that and you are absolutely right about WOT going down. It is not a bad thing to not to play tanks for some time and than maybe return. Cya in War Thunder tanks  :glasses:

Edited by Ender__wiggins, 04 November 2013 - 06:43 PM.

KawaGreen #9 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA
NOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!! WE NEED YOU!!!

Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty #10 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22047 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
PM sent mate  :smile:

drummer101 #11 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31097 battles
I'm so glad I don't get stressed out over stuff like this. Concentrate on your own playing, if you're any good you'll carry some battles and your stats will still be better than average. Or just stop playing randoms.

zikkon #12 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35706 battles
  • [ZIGI] ZIGI
I took a month break from WoT (when my premium ended) and migrated to WT for that time (even bought a month of premium there!!!) but because i got 2500 gold from mangled metal i got back to WoT, got myself a month of premium for that gold and haven't played WT since then.
The graphics are nice in WT, gameplay is also nice but after a while it gets repetitive and to be honest WoT is a more interesting game (for me at least, even though i think i was fairly good in WT Arcade).
After coming back to WoT i have to say it feel nice again (i took a break also because i couldn't stand all the random retards).

Edited by zikkon, 04 November 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Lord_Demon #13 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32658 battles
I swear I will remember our comrade, who fell in the line of battle.

I shall honour his voluntary loss by choosing not to play WoT again for hours.

Well, not before 10pm when go home from work anyway.  :teethhappy:

MK1palmer #14 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10354 battles
Read my signature. :sceptic:

Koning_van_de_Noobs #15 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 198 battles
  • [45RCS] 45RCS
It warms my heart to witness an addict admit that the issue is his alone.  It takes great strength to do that, it seems.  Good luck and have fun reclaiming your life...and remember, if you are at risk of relapse, try and concentrate on all the things you have postponed in life because you were a grown man playing with make-believe tanks...good luck brother!

Sgt_Guffy #16 Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22880 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, that's a shame, but a decision only you can make.
You are not the first to post a "bye bye" thread, and you won't be the last I guess.
We've all been there and some of us are still here. We just take the punishment and watch the stats go into freefall.
So why do we stick with it? Well, we have learned to adapt.
It is a question of your approach to the game. Things will not always go your way. The enemy team can simply be better than your team and having outwitted you and won, you should stand back and admire their guile rather than feel bitter about it. There are players out there smarter than you and me. I could suggest playing your favourite tanks,  playing in the lower tiers, but I assume you have aleady done that. You have haven't you?
You could reassess your playstyle. You'd be surprised how many players are just playing the wrong tanks! It is a mistake to play the "popular tanks" and dismiss others. There are a huge number and you need to find vehicles that suit your playstyle.
Then there are tactics. Sadly, with so many arcade "shoot 'em up" players just looking for kills it is, as you have surmised, often neglected. So rely on yourself and put faith in your tank rather than your team,. There is no reason while you cannot think tactically. So protecting that flank on your own, we've all been there too, are you in the right place? You don't have to be close to the enemy to be effective. You'd be surprised how many of the enemy can be picked off by a good TD at distance.
So before you depart, stand back a bit and think about how you play and what you can contribute to the game.
Usually there is never just one solution to a problem.
Have fun, playing Tetris.   :blinky:

Edited by Ender__wiggins, 04 November 2013 - 06:42 PM.

Kdingo #17 Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31984 battles
can i has your stuff???? plssss

Koning_van_de_Noobs #18 Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 198 battles
  • [45RCS] 45RCS

View PostKdingo, on 04 November 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

can i has your stuff???? plssss

Well ok, not all of us are grown men...

skunkrider #19 Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6558 battles

View PostAnthonyRMcG, on 04 November 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

As I always say in this situation...

Virvel - 4045 battles - 04/11/2013

Lets check back in a few weeks and see if He does leave.
None of them ever do  :teethhappy:

you're going to feel very lonely once War Thunder features Historical Battles for Tanks  :blinky:

AnthonyRMcG #20 Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

View Postskunkrider, on 05 November 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

you're going to feel very lonely  :blinky:

Lonely??
It's a computer game!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users