WoT over WT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Wot over Wt (136 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Will you be playing Warthunder tanks and leave world of tanks?

1. Yes (40 votes [28.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.37%

2. No (40 votes [28.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.37%

3. Play Both (61 votes [43.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.26%

Vote Hide poll

Effing_Drako #1 Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25400 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Will you be leaving WoT when WT tanks come out?

Edited by drakozaurs, 05 November 2013 - 09:22 PM.

ThatsMyJam #2 Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19695 battles
it's hard to say unless we have ability to try WT

Srle_Vigilante #3 Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19823 battles

View PostTeslaptak, on 05 November 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

it's hard to say unless we have ability to try WT
That too, but i think ill play both.

skunkrider #4 Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6558 battles
I have played WoT for two years, and I've had enough. 500m visibility in 2013? I'm sorry, if Wargaming does not feel like investing their millions into a new engine (not only a physics engine, but a whole new one), then I'm not willing to invest into Wargaming.

I have already left WoT and became an amateur HB player in War Thunder, about to get TrackIR in order to play FRB with a Saitek x52 Pro.

Oh, Ground forces are coming soon, too. With 99% realistic, historical tanks. Sooooo anxious to finally play a less arcadey Tank game! With weather effects!

soolerman #5 Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
The two games are completely different in style. So I will play both games. But I will not be spending as much time on wot when wt tanks come out. I will also not be getting anymore gold. I have gold sitting that will to do up the tanks I am grinding for now and as I have 50+ tanks that will do me. That said I will get the Mine Mouse if it comes on sale in the gift shop. As I have always wanted that thing. But that would be the one thing that would get me to spend money on wg again and even then it would have to be a good price for me to pay up.

So as a paying player I am done with wot and will be spending my on-line game money on wt from now on. But as an active player I am far from out the door. Probably not what wg want to hear. But all the rubbish that has gone on over this past year from wg has given me the mined set of what ever. I just don't care what wg do with the game as they clearly don't give two hoots about the EU players.

Hakuoh #6 Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 685 battles
there is absolutely nothing that will keep me playing here

Eric_von_Wolfen #7 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 34250 battles
  • [-W-D-] -W-D-
Already have done so, but I know that alot of the WoT braindead zombies will run crying back to WoT because it is unfair to them.

A tip to those who wish to move on over to WT, only come on over if you like realistic games, no mods and none fantasy tanks/planes and want a challange that borders on frustation some of the time, (I have been one shooted so many times there it is unbeliveable but that happens in a game WITHOUT hitpoints, yes there are no hit points in WT). The game does not forgive mistakes and the players there pounce on them, it is pure Darwin there.

If the above is not to your taste then by all means stay here and enjoy yourselves as much as you can, both games have their place and both cater to different types of players. I have tried World of Warplanes twice now and found it lacking in almost every aspect of what is fun for me, starting with the hitpoints and ending with the fantasy planes but that is just me, each to his own.

For those of you who will stay here I wish you all the best stay safe and have fun, for those of you comming on over, hold on to your pants because the game will rock you.

Sluug #8 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26842 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostEric_von_Wolfen, on 06 November 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Already have done so, but I know that alot of the WoT braindead zombies will run crying back to WoT because it is unfair to them.

A tip to those who wish to move on over to WT, only come on over if you like realistic games, no mods and none fantasy tanks/planes and want a challange that borders on frustation some of the time, (I have been one shooted so many times there it is unbeliveable but that happens in a game WITHOUT hitpoints, yes there are no hit points in WT). The game does not forgive mistakes and the players there pounce on them, it is pure Darwin there.

If the above is not to your taste then by all means stay here and enjoy yourselves as much as you can, both games have their place and both cater to different types of players. I have tried World of Warplanes twice now and found it lacking in almost every aspect of what is fun for me, starting with the hitpoints and ending with the fantasy planes but that is just me, each to his own.

For those of you who will stay here I wish you all the best stay safe and have fun, for those of you comming on over, hold on to your pants because the game will rock you.

I am sorry, but isn't there already many of "fantasy" planes in WT? At least I heard Jingles say so in some of his videos? Never played WT myself, but that is what I heard. And if it is true I don't see why they would not do the same with the tank part of the game.

skunkrider #9 Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6558 battles

View PostSluug, on 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I am sorry, but isn't there already many of "fantasy" planes in WT? At least I heard Jingles say so in some of his videos? Never played WT myself, but that is what I heard. And if it is true I don't see why they would not do the same with the tank part of the game.

name one :)

but no... there are some of which only prototypes were built, but that's where Gaijin (unfortunately) draws the line. Hell, they'll even give Germany the Sabre Jet because 10 years after the war the US gave some old Sabres to the new German military. Many people would've preferred the Horten 229, which was built, but never entered mass-production or combat.

Compare that to Wargaming and their Waffenträger E-100...

krazypenguin #10 Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I will try WT to see what it is like but I have invested a lot of time and money in WoT.  I've even reached the point where playing the game is pretty much habbit.  Switching to something else will be difficult for me to do so WT will have to be pretty special to take me away from WoT completely, despite WoT's faults.  Most likely I will play both at least for a while.

Just a cautionary word re the vehicles in WT - remember it is considerably younger than WoT. When WoT started it had very, very few vehicles.  Even when I joined there were only 3 nations to choose from, no tier 10 meds, TDs or arty, and just generally not that many tanks in the tech trees.  So it's fine saying that right now WT have no fantasy planes or tanks, or that Gaijin won't put them in the game, but what will happen when the pressure is on to release new content to get more money from existing players and attract new ones?  It will be easy for them to say "Well WoT has them so we can too."  Not saying they will, just saying it's early days yet...

HuntslikeWolf #11 Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 749 battles

View PostSluug, on 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

There are 3 or 4 prototypes in the game as premium planes but these actually flew, something an E75 or E 100 never did for example (no you dumbasses they cannot fly I know that these tanks were never ever built end of story) the rest are all REAL planes. Check out their tank trees, not one tank there that did not make it as a prototype. They are just adding the King Tiger with the 105mm (which was planed just not combat tried) as a counter to the IS4 (this one without the fantasy 130mm) as they have a timeline till 1953.

HuntslikeWolf #12 Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 749 battles

View Postkrazypenguin, on 06 November 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

I will try WT to see what it is like but I have invested a lot of time and money in WoT.  I've even reached the point where playing the game is pretty much habbit.  Switching to something else will be difficult for me to do so WT will have to be pretty special to take me away from WoT completely, despite WoT's faults.  Most likely I will play both at least for a while.

Just a cautionary word re the vehicles in WT - remember it is considerably younger than WoT. When WoT started it had very, very few vehicles.  Even when I joined there were only 3 nations to choose from, no tier 10 meds, TDs or arty, and just generally not that many tanks in the tech trees.  So it's fine saying that right now WT have no fantasy planes or tanks, or that Gaijin won't put them in the game, but what will happen when the pressure is on to release new content to get more money from existing players and attract new ones?  It will be easy for them to say "Well WoT has them so we can too."  Not saying they will, just saying it's early days yet...

Easy check out their prem trees, there are so many variants of tanks that they can use, alone the Pz III has about 10 different production lots with different armor, cannon ect. They do not need to invent tanks as they do not use Hitpoints and the gun values are real and not makebelive pro russian as in WoT. The most feared gun in WW II is just a bad joke here, in WT it will hurt. Also the fact that you are not limited to useing ONE tank per game and the sheer size of the maps plus the many different targets ( pillboxes, stationary arty, flak positions and so on make this a completly different game. As it stands now you can lose a game if the other team complets one of the main objectives, and shooting down all enemy planes in arcade e,g. seldom happens, usually it is the side which kills the ground forces or bases first is the team that wins. The tactical options in WT right now have anything that WG has to offer beat hands down, and no matter what the fan boys scream there is no way around that simple fact. In WoT it is cap or kill all, only two options, in WT it can be cap, kill all, destroy the ground forces and or bases, or a mix of objectives. And when they get their World War up and running it will put anything WG has or has planed to shame simple story but true,

skunkrider #13 Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6558 battles

Have you heard of the Sunk-Cost-Fallacy?
Here is its explanation in short: http://www.wimp.com/costsfallacy/
If WoT won't make you happy (happier) anymore, holding on to it does not make sense. I hope you'll enjoy WT just as much as I do.

When WoT started it had very, very few vehicles.  Even when I joined there were only 3 nations to choose from, no tier 10 meds, TDs or arty, and just generally not that many tanks in the tech trees.  So it's fine saying that right now WT have no fantasy planes or tanks, or that Gaijin won't put them in the game, but what will happen when the pressure is on to release new content to get more money from existing players and attract new ones?
Half-Tracked vehicles, AA-vehicles, etc. will be implemented over time. You know, all the stuff that makes a War game.
The jubilant shouts of Wirbelwind owners downing B17 bombers will be so loud, I can already hear them now, in advance  :tongue:

Edited by skunkrider, 06 November 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Effing_Drako #14 Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25400 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postskunkrider, on 06 November 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Have you heard of the Sunk-Cost-Fallacy?
Here is its explanation in short: http://www.wimp.com/costsfallacy/
If WoT won't make you happy (happier) anymore, holding on to it does not make sense. I hope you'll enjoy WT just as much as I do.

Half-Tracked vehicles, AA-vehicles, etc. will be implemented over time. You know, all the stuff that makes a War game.
The jubilant shouts of Wirbelwind owners downing B17 bombers will be so loud, I can already hear them now, in advance  :tongue:
if there will be a wirbelwind ohhh boy i hope i can non stop spam 20mm cannons

Ovverlord #15 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8706 battles
why not both?   :playing:

HuntslikeWolf #16 Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 749 battles

View PostOvverlord, on 06 November 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

why not both?   :playing:

Easy answer, SerB, that is really all one needs to say, after experiencing what the WT dev are doing in and out of the forums and comparing it to what this person does I will not give these ducebags one more cent and WoW is do inferior to WT that it hurts, and if the ground forces are only half as good as the planes WoT has absolutly nothing left for me to play for. My main has not been in a clan for over a year because I have cut down my play time before I left (this account was made for the sole reason that I wanted to try arty and did not want to corrupt my main account) and they way these people (the mods here and the devs) treat paying customers is beyond unbeliveablely bad makes my choice easy and obvious. I spent over 150€ in the last 2 weeks at WT and will comtinue to pump my money there and with MWO. Why because a) I can easily afford it b) I prefer to spend money on a company that is friendly and respectful to its paying customers, something that is COMPLETLY lacking here in all departments.

Wolfesblut #17 Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17252 battles
  • [READ] READ
Tried WoWP (was actually Alpha tester), but was disappointed. Never tried WT before, because WW2 aircombat is a bit boring to me now, I now play more Jets. It will never be a new SWOTL anyway ;)
I will give Ground Forces a shot, but now I heard for the first time that there's no mod support for WT - that sucks :sad:

Ovverlord #18 Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8706 battles

View PostWolfesblut, on 08 November 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Tried WoWP (was actually Alpha tester), but was disappointed

Posted Image

__Q #19 Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 65 battles
You should wait and see how WT ground forces will look like before making any statements, if it'll end up with constant dings or one-shot kills without even seeing where shot came from (there's realism for you) you may not like it as much as you think :P.

Cobra6 #20 Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
With the time I've invested in this game? h*ll no! :smile:

I'll play both.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users