Scammers At Work Be Warned

Scammers selling fake gold

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

BodyGuardOfLies #1 Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85356 battles
Be warned there are scammers operating in low tier games trying to sell fake gold to unwary new players. Their method is to turn up at the start of a tier 1 battle and spam chat with a link offering gold at low prices which you should not buy as you will lose your money or your account or both.

I did raise a ticket to inform wargaming of this situation but got an automated response from some berk who had not even read my email.

Ticket ID STE-501-29328
Category:
World of Tanks

These scammers have been operating for at least a week to the best of my knowledge. I shot this one but they are either ripping you or the public off so you should be made aware
they are offering gold at low prices. your system is not allowing me to attach a replay but I have it so get in touch if you wish to see it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruno Correia Today at 13:05

Greetings BodyGuardOfLies,
I am sorry this happen to you when you where trying to have a nice time.
In the hopes of improving our customer service we have, since very early on, been refining the in-game reports system to make sure it would cover the eventualities needed by our players on a day to day basis.
At this time we are confident enough that our system is working well. Enough to handle all your report requests and enough parameters have been included and cross checked to ensure its fairness and effectiveness.
Therefore we are not processing reports manually anymore.
At this time the report limit has been fixed at 5 per day, this is currently being evaluated but at some point we will have to set a permanent maximum number; when this decision is done, however, please keep in mind that players who are “offending” in any way, usually are so in a consistent manner- So if you are out of reports yourself, this player is bound to be reported by someone else soon.
We thank you as always for your understanding and collaboration in helping us keep a clean and fair gaming environment.

Best regards,
Bruno Correia
Wargaming Custumer Service
"The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you obviously didn't read my ticket which makes a mockery of your quote "The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary".
I am reporting an organised attempt to sell gold to players by organised scammers. I have seen them at work several times in tier 1 games. What they do is turn up in a bot and spam chat with a link to a site offering cheap gold.
To be honest if you are so contemptuous of your customers that you can't even be bothered to read their reports then you deserve to be ripped off but your customers don't.
So I am reopening this ticket in the hope that one of your staff will actually read it. As I stated initially I have a replay if you wish to see it.
By the way I think that there is every chance that your customer services will achieve "legendary" status if you carry on as you are.

WoTDaFoCh #2 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22802 battles
Sorry but i had to laugh at this bit
Wargaming Customer Service
"The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary"  :trollface:

Edited by BigBadEnglishUK, 09 November 2013 - 01:36 PM.

A_Hardy_Buck #3 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles
You can't click links or save them from ingame chat though can you ?
It's going to be pretty hard for WG to police though besides manually banning each guy when a report comes in

Pioneeri #4 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3281 battles
gj, WG. Your customer service certainly cares when someone is ripping you off. Lets hope that some of the mods sees this and acts.

BodyGuardOfLies #5 Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85356 battles

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 06 November 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

You can't click links or save them from ingame chat though can you ?
It's going to be pretty hard for WG to police though besides manually banning each guy when a report comes in

I appreciate that it will be hard for wargaming to police although reading a report about it might be a start.

They used to place warnings at the start of battles in the form of tool tips so maybe they could start that again and an article here and on the portal might be an idea they might also offer advice during the sign up process for new players.

As to them banning the accounts this will be difficult in some respect as they are all named by smashing the keyboard in a nonsensical fashion although they are bots so if they tackled bots they would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

Phuzzi #6 Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13074 battles
WG's customer service is legendary already, just not in the way they want it to be...

Conte_Vincero #7 Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10402 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
I used to go around asking for passwords just to see how gullible people were.

Maybe I'll start trying to sell gold, and if they respond, I'll tell them how much of an idiot they are.

Merton15 #8 Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13976 battles
WG really need to get their act together. Offering fake in game gold for real money is fraud i.e a criminal offence. If WG fail to act on a ticket informing them of this fact they are risking being on the receiving end of a police investigation that could potentially get their servers shut down (although I accept that the problem is probably not on the sort of scale that would interest the police). Conte_Vincero might be well advised not to offer fake gold even in jest. You can try explaining to the police it was all a joke but I doubt you will be believed and they just love seizing people's computers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users