Dear eastern Europe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

Stianby #1 Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31399 battles
My dear fellow tankers from eastern Europe.

Do you think ypur language just became the number one language used internationally, especially in gaming?

When you blurt out words that look like klingon to me, some of us don't understand.
So after your suicidal solo run in your E100, don't blame the rest of the team for not catching your drift.

I wonder, have you ever heard of english? If you have, consider learning it?

It's just the fact that together with your usually rather bad battle efficiency, speaking in hieroglyphs does'nt help for getting team assistance.

No pun intended,

A_Hardy_Buck #2 Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles
Why do people care If someone says simeka or whatever in battle , just ignore it

Laatikkomafia #3 Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
If I said, "Joo meidän viimenen arty on kämppäämässä peruspaikassa", would you care? (Means, "Yeah, our last arty is camping at the usual location") It is unfair when a team mate could tell your location, and you would not understand a bit. I really think that English should be the only all chat language.

Effing_Drako #4 Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25489 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
If you say hello in your language fine but if you are gonna take up the whole chat please dont write a language we dont know :smile:
(P.S Im not English)

Edited by drakozaurs, 06 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Ace_of_Sp4des #5 Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25481 battles
I'm from eastern Europe, and you're angry just because I'm white.
Rodydamas savo nepasitenkinimą forume nieko nepasieksi ;)
Posted Image

Edited by mccqa, 10 November 2013 - 04:04 PM.

_Antipathy #6 Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
If I hear English... I answer back (cuz its the only language permited)
If I hear polish... Siema :D
If I hear Spanish... I answer back (cuz I'm Spanish).
If I hear French... I answer back (cuz I was born in Belgium).
If I hear something else... I don't understand (and I don't care).

PS; I feel this topic will soon get archivated because it's not really connstructive.

MeetriX #7 Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19285 battles
Dear colonialists. Conquering world were interesting time but, you should had use the time to learn other languages instead.  :popcorn:

Conte_Vincero #8 Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10402 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
sometimes after another round of strange clan spam, I just mash my keyboard in responce

ofmeiojf onwf s eonf wefnm eamf  efpoa fwe Tier 8+ efom wepfpj epf jewijps  wejfs;l mfwaeflm kds n TS/Mumble a ;soldnslv sn sidjfpmiw fsp dfvwep fw dn TC 7/24  sdomnd eadn  aja isan [MMEI]

No_Name_Soldier #9 Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36418 battles
we have right to!!!
and we don't care!!!
learn our languages, or don't care bout us!!!

pozdrav!!!

Stianby #10 Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31399 battles
You mean you have THE right to speak your own language. So do I, and I'm from Norway.
But what i don't do is spam the chat with messages in Norwegian, thinking that my team will understand. And when my team do the excact opposite, i don't write  K to the URWA and suddenly start using the word "noob" in front of everything.
Because this is what it looks like to me:
zzpodropospopos NOOB saddsadsalklxczxzcz azxc  zxc cxcz x E100 zxz xxxc  sdsdszcxzx NOOB Tiger II
And to the rest, bringing up colonial times etc. WAKE up and smell the beans people.
English is an international language, it's used everywhere, and I for one payed attention in my english classes.
No, i don't think telling the majority of gamer's to learn Polish, Hungarian or any other ex Soviet lingo is the way to go.

Edited by Stianby, 07 November 2013 - 10:12 AM.

704TD #11 Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6729 battles
English is not my native language either but I use it in chat.
So according to the numbnuts here we all have to start learning Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Eskimo, Martian, and whatelsenot??????
Just because they're too lame to use an international language which has NOTHING to do with colonialism, chauvinism or whatever??????
Makes me wish it was 1980 again .....
(C'mon, give me the neg reps now!)

Edited by 704TD, 07 November 2013 - 10:20 AM.

chaosddd #12 Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29042 battles
  • [_BNB_] _BNB_

View PostStianby, on 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do you think ypur language just became the number one language used internationally, especially in gaming?
When you blurt out words that look like klingon to me, some of us don't understand.
So after your suicidal solo run in your E100, don't blame the rest of the team for not catching your drift.
It's just the fact that together with your usually rather bad battle efficiency, speaking in hieroglyphs does'nt help for getting team assistance.
No pun intended,
OP, I fully support using exclusively English in the chat. That said, I don't see anything wrong with a greeting or a friendly remark between countrymen, clanmates, etc. on their native language. I am not bothered one bit by this and cannot understand why would you be.
However, I disapprove your attitude, which shows extreme disrespect towards other nations (I am avoiding stronger wording). Everyone has a right to express himself on his mother tongue exactly as you do. English is in now way superior to any other language, just more popular. Obviously you expect others to learn English so that you could understand them (and obviously a lot of them do), but not the other way round.
Let me ask you how many foreign languages do you command? And by the way, your own English is far from perfect.
And before making stupid generalizations about eastern Europeans tanking skill with E100, try first improving your own 41% WR with that vehicle.

Edited by chaosddd, 07 November 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Furyien #13 Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18666 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
i know alot of eastern europeans catch shitstorms of verbal abuse for their use of their own language.

well frankly alot of them arent profficient with any other language atleast not to a degree where it would make much sense typing much.

other games have solved this by having more servers.

there is also the fact that this is a new generation coming into their own. as an old online gamer nerd ive been at it for the last 20 years and it the development
of this multilingual stuff online is imo a fairly recent step.

before people used english out of politness and regard for everyone and it saddens me that this quickly is falling out of use.

i speak or can read half a dozen languages myself and what annoys me more then the fact that people blurt out sentences in their own langauges is more what they are saying. this is where the eastern europeans comes into play on my part. they have as a group been tarnished long ago by their character online and in games and id say in my eyes its been beyond repair for quite some time. not on a personal level perhaps but as a group interacting with another group. i also no alot of players have the same experience and thus tend to assume the worst everytime someone says something in "klingon"

then their is the deal with what was said above. i fail to understand those that type in "pick a language" and when they fail and die... well then they are quite skilled with english! typing like a firestorm spitting out insults and tactical abberrations that no one would ever consider trying to pull off.

that i find hilarious. english when you can insult others and when it fits you but viable battlefield information is typed in a language most often only that person understands.

chaosddd #14 Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29042 battles
  • [_BNB_] _BNB_
Fact is, one can be an idiot regardless of your nationality and command of English. I don't think we can point our fingers to a certain nation, nor do we have the right to generalize so easily.

704TD #15 Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6729 battles
What is sillier?

(1) using a language only one other (if lucky he is ni the team) understands and makes the rest go "?????"

OR

(2) trying to use English so everyone in your team understands what you are talking about?

Don't turn this around.
English has been accepted as the international language on many other domains, not only online video games.

TStick #16 Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10587 battles
Just for teamworks sake:

Posted Image

_Antipathy #17 Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostTStick, on 07 November 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just for teamworks sake:

Posted Image

Either my Portuguese neighbours changed their flag either there's something missing :trollface:

Ziddix #18 Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17501 battles
  • [LEOFL] LEOFL

View Post704TD, on 07 November 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

What is sillier?

(1) using a language only one other (if lucky he is ni the team) understands and makes the rest go "?????"

OR

(2) trying to use English so everyone in your team understands what you are talking about?

Don't turn this around.
English has been accepted as the international language on many other domains, not only online video games.

It's a revolution.

_Antipathy #19 Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostFoeHamster419, on 07 November 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

It's a revolution.

Spartaaaaaaa!!!!!

UglyMonkey #20 Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33295 battles
  • [PRASE] PRASE

View PostStianby, on 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

No pun intended,

All English speaking players have efficiency above 1500 and Play smart as a fox? Maybe you just looking for victims ("Klingon")

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users