• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

hastatus #21 Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34848 battles
  • [DRAGO] DRAGO

View PostStianby, on 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

My dear fellow tankers from eastern Europe.

Do you think ypur language just became the number one language used internationally, especially in gaming?

When you blurt out words that look like klingon to me, some of us don't understand.
So after your suicidal solo run in your E100, don't blame the rest of the team for not catching your drift.

I wonder, have you ever heard of english? If you have, consider learning it?

It's just the fact that together with your usually rather bad battle efficiency, speaking in hieroglyphs does'nt help for getting team assistance.

No pun intended,
Dear western countryman! I have no idea what is your nationality, but let's presume you are either English (not Scottish or Welsh or Irish now) or French. Well, if you ever look back in the history, you may notice, that the "siema" people, and other.. how did you name it? Klingon? Yes, all of those have given their lives away either in the concentration camps, or in the armies of yours... show some (...) respect, adding more to that, the chat has no language restriction, so it is no (...) business of yours to complain about it's content. There are few simple, multilingual commands, which are enough to communicate throughout the battle. Yes, I am referring to WW II, and yes I know it is kinda selfish, but the eastern Europe was given away for communists, so do not be surprised, this environment does not create "nice n' all" people. I have enough respect for you now to avoid cursing and breaking forum rules.. unless this post is inappropriate too...

How am I supposed to treat you or your kind right, if you address such an issue with an arrogance worth of a bastard? That is all I have to say to you, others may take this into consideration, and mention something I have clearly forgotten to do.

704TD #22 Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6729 battles
As if no Western Europeans perished in those camps ....

And why is it necessary to bring up WWII facts into this?????
We're talking about the use of a common language in order to make us understand each other in this GAME.

Talking about going overboard on things ......   :facepalm:

hastatus #23 Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34848 battles
  • [DRAGO] DRAGO
I have covered what that disrespecting man has said, and added a few things of my own. Facts are arguments, what else can I say. Anyway, anyone is free to use the battle chat, as far as he is not spamming or whatever. What I said above was like a half of what I was going to say anyway, so keep your stupid statements for yourself, because they annoy me pretty much. Accidentally, English is not my 1st language, and I was keen enough to damn learn it for you, so as other immigrants from eastern Europe. This pretty language already has conquered a lot of land, therefore we don't need more restrictions in games. You westerns find it hard to pronounce a names of ours properly, how dare you to call us Klingon anyway.

Damn, close this topic, this discussion is pointless, it is getting on my nerves. Chaps.

meadows #24 Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36104 battles
That topic again.. OP, few questions. Why do you need to know (understand), what people from that dreadful Eastern Europe write ? Why do you even pay attention to a language you don't understand ? This game is not only English based (why would it have multiple languages client than), so you cannot limit people to talk one language, if they don't want to. Saying that everybody from Eastern Europe are E-100 "siemkas", while rest of the Europe is OK is arrogant, close-minded and stupid.
I speak/write English, and watch that all of my conversation in chat is in that language, but if I find someone from my country (or near), of course I will talk language that is native for me. And there is nothing you, or anybody else, can do to stop that.
Little bit off topic: Sorry part about this is, we look up in the sky, searching for aliens, and yet we cannot even understand a fellow planetary neighbour next door...

Edited by meadows, 08 November 2013 - 08:01 PM.

_Antipathy #25 Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View Posthastatus, on 08 November 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Damn, close this topic, this discussion is pointless, it is getting on my nerves. Chaps.

People who get on their nerves ai't made for discussions.

When you see people speaking Klingon in the chat battle, don't pay attention, because it will just be some guys havving a chat between them in a language that you don't understand.
I'd only complain about the test server because I don't mind if it's 1-5 persons who speak in a language I don't understand, but if it's 29 out of 30 persons who speak Russian, it's hard to communicate between us using only the F keys and the map.

Hakuoh #26 Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 685 battles

View Posthastatus, on 08 November 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Dear western countryman! I have no idea what is your nationality, but let's presume you are either English (not Scottish or Welsh or Irish now) or French. Well, if you ever look back in the history, you may notice, that the "siema" people, and other.. how did you name it? Klingon? Yes, all of those have given their lives away either in the concentration camps, or in the armies of yours... show some (...) respect, adding more to that, the chat has no language restriction, so it is no (...) business of yours to complain about it's content. There are few simple, multilingual commands, which are enough to communicate throughout the battle. Yes, I am referring to WW II, and yes I know it is kinda selfish, but the eastern Europe was given away for communists, so do not be surprised, this environment does not create "nice n' all" people. I have enough respect for you now to avoid cursing and breaking forum rules.. unless this post is inappropriate too...
How am I supposed to treat you or your kind right, if you address such an issue with an arrogance worth of a bastard? That is all I have to say to you, others may take this into consideration, and mention something I have clearly forgotten to do.
would be PLEASE stop victimizing your people over there? Wars have been fought since the beginning of mankind, not just since WW2. Drifting into false nationalism isn't really the best method when playing an international game -.-
in the general chat, if someone uses non-English, which happens quite a lot, it is around 90% Eastern European stuff. Especially the Polish seem to think they own this game so they don't need to comply to the rules. THAT is arrogant!

Edited by Hakuoh, 09 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

redwolf00 #27 Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40392 battles
U are a racist bec don't matter who play this game. Be a poolish or whatsoever u just hate some of the easterners, bec they can be in the enemy side so u little boy sure will be happy to winn. U 7 yrs old pls grow up and dont create silly topics...

hastatus #28 Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34848 battles
  • [DRAGO] DRAGO

View PostHakuoh, on 09 November 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

would be PLEASE stop victimizing your people over there? Wars have been fought since the beginning of mankind, not just since WW2. Drifting into false nationalism isn't really the best method when playing an international game -.-
in the general chat, if someone uses non-English, which happens quite a lot, it is around 90% Eastern European stuff. Especially the Polish seem to think they own this game so they don't need to comply to the rules. THAT is arrogant!
I don't mind people speaking English, so why not return the favour? I agree with the Polish thinking they own the game though, It is for everyone, at least or those who can play it, right? So please, stop making such topics, complaining about so many siema* players, I don't mind hello's, bonjour's, and so on, right? And others too, at least the most of them. Can;t we live in peace and harmony, no?

Ludo787 #29 Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18700 battles
I'm french and I never answer or talk in french in the chat.

Saying "Siema", "Siemka", etc... Why not? But why don't people say this to random strangers in their own countries? Now if one day I make it to Warsaw, will random people say "siema" to me? I doubt it, and this word (as well as some others) is not constructive for the battle. "Salut", "Hallo", "Siema", "üdv" and I forgot some, don't help during the battle.

I keep typing in English in the chat, it's not my native language (I speak 3 languages fluently and 3 others barely) but I do it to show my respect to the others who shall understand what I'm saying.

My two cents.

BlueBirde #30 Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12788 battles

View PostKERR, on 07 November 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

we have right to!!!
and we don't care!!!
learn our languages, or don't care bout us!!!

pozdrav!!!
:facepalm:

OmaiGodman #31 Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF

View Posthastatus, on 08 November 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

The fact that you drag in the second world war just shows how desperate you are to get your point across - and even then you fail horribly. Using the war for your argument only makes you look like an idiot. Please don't do it.

Maximillian #32 Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28670 battles
  • [MUTTS] MUTTS
I dont mind siema or whatever greeting is used, if a fellow norwegian says hi, I will respond etc. Problem for me, is when players start having a discussion and not paying attention to the actual game. Just had a round where two players were behind buildings, apparently involved in a discussion more important than the game. That was extremely annoying when the rest of us on that flank was hanging on by the skin of our teeth.. They were polish. But again, I also had a italian wespedriver insult me an entire round about being from Norway, and that was alot more important than actually playing.  So, bad players are from all over.

So, saying hi,GLHF or whatever, go ahead. Getting into a conversation, and ignoring what happens in game is not.

I will admit though,that I call polish etc klingon. Simply put because I know very little about eastern european languages(what I do know are not..polite phrases)and as such it is a "carpet term" for all of them. To me its not derogatory, but in a match I dont have time to deal with syntax, grammar etc and guess wich it is, I just call it klingon and thats it.

Funny story though: Back in the first clan I joined, I at one point spoke norwegian, english and german simultaneously because we had a couple of players who barely spoke english and I was the translator. My head damn near exploded. Having 3 languages on audio I had to deal with at the same time, was damn near the death of me. In the end of the match I could not separate the 3, and was mixing them up like mad :ohmy:

Merkeloff #33 Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 883 battles
As far as I know, we Poles are the biggest population in Europe playing this game atm. So hey... I have a deal for u... okay?... You guys gonna start speaking polish, how does that sound?
In the game, on the website or on this forum you can select from few languages including polish and other eastern eu langs (even Turkish??), I mean if u want to speak just eng, move to NA server, cuz as many countries as u have in eu as many languages u gonna have in the game... and ffs don't just blame eastern Europeans for ur looses (I assume), how many times have I seen Germans, French or Spanish more absorbed having a nice chat there, instead of playing the game.

Edited by Merkeloff, 10 November 2013 - 05:27 AM.

OmaiGodman #34 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7561 battles
  • [KIWF] KIWF
The point is that most people in the world speak English (either as their first or as a secondary language). The only people speaking Polish are Polish people.

I don't mind if people in a Polish clan use Polish in their clan chat, or in their platoon chat, but if everybody in the general chat could just stick to English it would be a lot easier for everyone.

I don't really mind "Siema" too much (though I do make fun of it by stating to the other team we've already lost because someone on my side said "Siema", which is instantly answered by several Siemas from both sides and we all have a good laugh about it). But if people just have complete conversations in any language but English, I tend to not know what's going on and in a game where you're supposed to play as a team, that doesn't really help now does it?

Homer_J #35 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31481 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

When you blurt out words that look like klingon to me, some of us don't understand.
So after your suicidal solo run in your E100, don't blame the rest of the team for not catching your drift.
Why is it only English speakers who get butthurt by seeing other languages?
The in game chat is only there to hurl abuse at your team or your enemies (with the occasional pointless clan spam) so what does it matter.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 November 2013 - 09:32 AM.

thebigfueltank #36 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19512 battles
Hagoony

UglyMonkey #37 Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33326 battles
  • [PRASE] PRASE

View PostOmaiGodman, on 10 November 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

The point is that most people in the world speak English (either as their first or as a secondary language). The only people speaking Polish are Polish people.

I don't mind if people in a Polish clan use Polish in their clan chat, or in their platoon chat, but if everybody in the general chat could just stick to English it would be a lot easier for everyone.

I don't really mind "Siema" too much (though I do make fun of it by stating to the other team we've already lost because someone on my side said "Siema", which is instantly answered by several Siemas from both sides and we all have a good laugh about it). But if people just have complete conversations in any language but English, I tend to not know what's going on and in a game where you're supposed to play as a team, that doesn't really help now does it?

Face it, that in the EU server plays most people from Eastern Europe. The fact that you are lazy to learn a little Slavic phrases its your problem. I speak English (although not well, but i still working on it). How many languages ​​can you speak? Do you want to speak only English? Nort American server is open.

Arkhelus #38 Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11883 battles
This topic is kinda pointless. It is annoying indeed when someone spams the chat with something you don't understand but let's face it, I've never seen someone raging about let's say, German or French being used, it's always Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Turkish or something similar which trigger the whole shitstorm.

So let's not start debating over the double standards, as it is another big issue and the root for some other unpleasant things which happen regularly...

Oh, almost forgot: I'm Romanian, also speak German and  Italian fluently plus some others decently, I dare the native English speakers to share with us what other languages do they speak? ;)

TopSecret81 #39 Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67012 battles
  • [TRUT-] TRUT-

My dear fellow tankers from eastern Europe.
When you blurt out words that look like klingon to me
Dear a*****e
Yes some of us have considered your request and learned english .
Also some of us most of us can speak German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, YU languages, and many others, what about your self?????
does it makes you smarter being english or just racist towards other nations? (my guess is just do dumb to learn anything and you are  ignorant sad little person who is trying to be someone or something important on this forum or in game)
And about efficiency, is it that important to you???
its just a game dude, chill, enjoy it if you want , if not maybe you should try other game, maybe have a go at http://www.tetris.com/ , and who knows maybe you will actually be good at it.
As after you are not top player your self.
O and if east Europe has so many bad players and England so many good and pro like your self, out of 10 top clans, how many are with majority English players??
Btw, i would like to apologize to all english or UK players, as it wasnt my intention in any way to underestimate or have dig at any nation, just fact is that wast majority of top players are non UK players.
I have never heard or read some French or german player complaining why cant english players learn their language..
Or simple if you cant understand east europeans why not learning one of our languages..??
after all on EU server which is for all EUROPE  not just UK, majority of players are from east europe
Enjoy game

Edited by TopSecret81, 10 November 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Salkz #40 Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20042 battles
  • [-KOXE] -KOXE
Wstern EU have nothing to klingon.
Klingon       ;               English
not yap wa' Hol      ;    One language is not enough
qalegh may'Daq

Edited by Salkz, 10 November 2013 - 11:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users