Are "Controlled Impact" & "Designated Target" worth taking for the VK28 line?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

del514784616 #1 Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 901 battles
I've heard that between their weight and their speed the VK28 and its predecessors make good rammers, and my Driver has nearly finished levelling up Off-Road Driving, so I was wondering what I should go for next. I haven't really done any ramming thus far, but would this be worth taking?
As a secondary question, what about the "Designated Target" perk? It doesn't look to useful to me, but descriptions can be misleading, and according to the wiki it's good for "Snipers and sometimes Scouts", and since the VK28 is both a Sniper and a Scout that would probably multiply the usefulness of it (on the other hand, sod all multiplied is still sod all.)

Edited by FlayingFish, 06 November 2013 - 06:29 PM.

spuff #2 Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Controlled impact yes! Many a French light I have killed in a single ram!! Elc's are the best! I would have taken clutch breaking though instead of off road 1st as the turning on VK is a major weak point.
Don't know about designated target as I've not tried it, I took situational awareness for radio man as I think extended view range is more useful than an extra 2 seconds on maybe 1 target that your team mates will still fail to shoot!!!!
I'm assuming you already have camo on everyone? If not get it. The VK isn't the most stealthy of scouts without camo skills.

Eokokok #3 Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
Since both tier 6 and even more so tier 7 can't really shine at anything else then ramming then yes, why not. They've been nerfed so badly you might as well go for it.
-
Anc Ausf C is not super-maneuverable by any standards, it is fast, but speed is not the same thing as agility. Traverse is average and so is the acceleration on it, VK is kinda similiar in that regard.

Edited by Eokokok, 07 November 2013 - 09:21 AM.

Eokokok #4 Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
Well, 1C and Luchs are both great for their tiers, reall beast when top tiered and decent scouts from the bottom of the pack, so I would stick with then (have 1C in my garage as a keeper and love every single thing about it and L112 gun). Clutch breaking is better IMHO for tanks like this, since they have decent ground resistance but need help with turning badly, but all in all the difference is not that noticable.

Zuyl #5 Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16214 battles
The driver has many skills and perks that you might find useful on a (German) light. Imo you rarely ram enemy vehicles, only if they're not paying attention to what is going on around them. Clutch braking is a must on the VK2801, since it has a pretty big turning circle on high speeds and you will lose a lot of speed in doing so. Offroad driving is the thing you probably want next, since this works quite well with your overall speed and agility.

My driver in the VK2801 and AFK Panzer had the following setup: BiA, clutch braking, offroad driving, camo (though not that great on the AFK). After that i would probably go for controlled impact.

IsoA #6 Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 16087 battles
You should think what skills and perks you need on PTA and Leo 1, as they are the tanks where this line ends up.

Yes, controlled impact could be somewhat useful on VK28 and on AufPanther, but next to useless on the Leopards. Think further ahead unless you want to drop the skills for gold several times. My skill suggestions for this tank line:

Two skill crew:

Commander: Sixth sense, camo
Gunner: Camo, Snap shot
Driver: Camo, Clutch/offroad
Radioman: Camo, repair
Loader: Camo, repair (or safe stowage, camo)

Three skill crew:

Commander: Sixth sense, camo, recon
Gunner: Camo, snap shot, repair
Driver: Camo, Smooth ride, offroad driving
Radioman: Camo, situational awareness, repair
Loader: Camo, safe stowage, repair

Four skill crew:
Commander: Sixth sense, BiA, Camo, Recon
Gunner: BiA, Camo, Snap Shot, repair
Driver: BiA, Camo, smooth ride, offroad
Radioman: BiA, camo, Situational Awareness, repair
Loader: BiA, camo, safe stowage, repair

Tazilon #7 Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles
Controlled Impact:  I have more than twice as many Kamikazes as anyone else on the Na, EU and SEA servers.  I took Controlled Impact 5th.  You should not be running around ramming things constantly, Controlled Impact or not.  If you do, you are needlessly reducing your tanks hit points and many games, it will come back to haunt you later in the game.  The Driver has many better things to train first (as shown on my link).
Designated Target (DT):  This should be the second skill your Gunner takes.  VK 28.01s are extremely good Passive Scouts and Half Court Scouts, as well as being surprisingly good long range Snipers. One way to help your team out is to keep targets lit up as long as possible.  DT helps you do that.
I am currently 78% of my 8th Skill on my VK 28.01   This link shows my complete build out, including training order of skills, equipment, consumables, etc, as well as showing several other potential builds depending on how you wish to focus your play.
http://www.tazilon.n...2801Builds.html

Edited by Tazilon, 12 November 2013 - 04:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users