World of BOTS - this time shamed by WG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

Kilo_India_Alpha #1 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37033 battles

POPULAR

Thanks to the new statistics on the HP we can now see what WG does about bots. If you look into the linked table you will see the players listed by the number of battles played in the last 7 days. WG calls this wall of fame because they think they honor the most active players on the EU sever by publishing this. But what does it show if you look into the details?
It shows you the list of the most active bots in World of Bots EU. It gives you not only the amount ob battles played in the timeframe (column on the left) but the kills per battle and the damage per battle aswell if you look at the two columns at the right side of the table.
http://worldoftanks....lb_cd=2013-11-5
You see that there are asocial retards, oh sorry, I mean players that do several hundrets of battles per day with less than .25 kills per battle and very low damage. Why don't you ban them automatically? I don't see the point why WG closes its eyes and allows them to break ingame rules and the EULA over such a long time. They spoil our fun in WoT and we pay for it.
So wake up WG and act.

Edited by Kilo_India_Alpha, 06 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Darth_Woras #2 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
Sad thing is: bot is still better than human-tomato shouting 'siema, kto pl'.

TinyViking #3 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7469 battles
Let me quote you that my fellow colleague Brynd posted earlier in regards to players concerns about this:

As some of you have noticed, the Hall of Fame currently takes into consideration all accounts, no matter if they are active or not.

It's important to point out that as with any kind of game exploit, we take the issue with bots very seriously and with a zero-tolerance policy. We're actively hunting them down on a daily basis and eliminating them.

It's an on-going process and we're doing our best to keep up with it and resolve it as we can. Please continue to help via reporting bots using the in-game system.

However we ask that you try not to jump to conclusions based purely on statistics, for example win ratios. Not all suspect win ratios are necessarily caused by bots.

If you have concerns, feedback or opinions about the "Hall of Fame" please use the official thread here as we can then send this to the developers :).

Kilo_India_Alpha #4 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37033 battles

View PostiScending, on 06 November 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Let me quote you that my fellow colleague Brynd posted earlier in regards to players concerns about this:
As some of you have noticed, the Hall of Fame currently takes into consideration all accounts, no matter if they are active or not.
It's important to point out that as with any kind of game exploit, we take the issue with bots very seriously and with a zero-tolerance policy. We're actively hunting them down on a daily basis and eliminating them.
It's an on-going process and we're doing our best to keep up with it and resolve it as we can. Please continue to help via reporting bots using the in-game system.
However we ask that you try not to jump to conclusions based purely on statistics, for example win ratios. Not all suspect win ratios are necessarily caused by bots.
If you have concerns, feedback or opinions about the "Hall of Fame" please use the official thread here as we can then send this to the developers :).
Than stop talking iScending. Start doing something about it. Tell us what YOU do. The guys in Paris. I reported some of these guys in the top ten weeks ago and they are still online. You have the data. What are you doing to solve the problem?
We don't need any more excuses about you failures in the office. We want results. We expect a fair game without bots and leechers.

Edited by Kilo_India_Alpha, 06 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.

AngryBanana #5 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15731 battles

Let me quote you that my fellow colleague Brynd posted earlier in regards to players concerns about this:As some of you have noticed, the Hall of Fame currently takes into consideration all accounts, no matter if they are active or not.It's important to point out that as with any kind of game exploit, we take the issue with bots very seriously and with a zero-tolerance policy. We're actively hunting them down on a daily basis and eliminating them.It's an on-going process and we're doing our best to keep up with it and resolve it as we can. Please continue to help via reporting bots using the in-game system.However we ask that you try not to jump to conclusions based purely on statistics, for example win ratios. Not all suspect win ratios are necessarily caused by bots.If you have concerns, feedback or opinions about the "Hall of Fame" please use the official thread here as we can then send this to the developers :).
there is a guy in the top 1 day battle count with ~400 games and 1 kill, how is that not a bot lol

Hungarian_Patriot #6 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12714 battles
  • [W-O-G] W-O-G

Yeah knowing the money-grabbing policy of WG (or any multinational corporation) they pay like 10 dudes to "take care" of hundreds of thousands of players.

olukej #7 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles

View PostAngryBanana, on 06 November 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

there is a guy in the top 1 day battle count with ~400 games and 1 kill, how is that not a bot lol
How do you dare?! Obviously he's just a poor 60yo man with shaky hands, playing WoT on a 16k modem using a computer struggling to run baldur's gate. Or he's some handicaped guy whose only solace is pushing the battle button and watching the game unfold for 5 minutes.
If there's anything I've learned from this forum, it's that abysmal statistics are never the player's fault, there are always excuses for them.

Edited by olukej, 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM.

VSAF #8 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35428 battles
HOT NEWS : WG will remove Hall of Fame completely tomorrow (sorry for trolling)

custardSPARTA #9 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39003 battles
  • [SPRT] SPRT
However in this case what other possible conclusion should we come to?

J00F #10 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13172 battles
  • [322] 322

Glad to see that ur ctrl + c is still working
Spoiler                     

Edited by J00F, 06 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

TinyViking #11 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7469 battles

View PostKilo_India_Alpha, on 06 November 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Than stop talking iScending. Start doing something about it. Tell us what YOU do. The guys in Paris. I reported some of these guys in the top ten weeks ago and they are still online. You have the data. What are you doing to solve the problem?
We don't need any more excuses about you failures in the office. We want results. We expect a fair game without bots and leechers.
What do you think is most effective: banning accounts one at a time or waiting until we get a fair few and then taking them all out at once? Also, how do you know nothing has been done? All you see is what we publish, there is a lot that goes on behind closed doors my friend, please understand that.

We want to be 100% sure that we punish only the people that are indeed cheating and we would much rather take more time to investigate and get it right and not ban someone only to realize we made an error (we did that in the past, it's messy ><). This is why we encourage players to use the "report bot/afk" option in game as that will help us deal with these players alot faster!

View PostJ00F, on 06 November 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Glad to see that ur ctrl + v is still working
Ironically I failed the first time due to the forum formatting problem.....

Dutchmul #12 Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles

View PostVSAF, on 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

HOT NEWS : WG will remove Hall of Fame completely tomorrow (sorry for trolling)

Oh you, you are so cynical.

Darth_Woras #13 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI

View PostDutchmul, on 06 November 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Oh you, you are so cynical.
Knowing WG EU - not so fantasy :)

Kilo_India_Alpha #14 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37033 battles
[edited] You have the proof in that table. You see those guys doing several hundred of battles and are under performing? You see for how long they are leeching till you act?
[edited]

Edited by AcapellaRose, 07 November 2013 - 02:03 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. AcapellaRose

Trollin1 #15 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2513 battles
The hall of fame goes by order of battles per day?? Something wrong there for a start. A bad player [like me, admittedly] with tonnes of free time on their hands [unlike me :/ ] could just jump from battle to battle, die, back to garage, grab another tank, start anoter ... die ... and so on ... and make this "hall of fame"??

Ridiculous.

That player with 397 battles in one day, with only one kill!??

Asghaad #16 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14053 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostiScending, on 06 November 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

What do you think is most effective: banning accounts one at a time or waiting until we get a fair few and then taking them all out at once? Also, how do you know nothing has been done? All you see is what we publish, there is a lot that goes on behind closed doors my friend, please understand that.

creating the automated system based on real time analysis of the player behavior. bots usually flood the server with repetitive commands and usualy can be identified by making exact same commands at exactly same times  with same reaction times on certain events etc. And dude that enters dozens of battles without doing anything at all cannot be anything else than AFK bot ...

banning in large quantities is useless, its just stopgap, not deterrent. You need to create system where botters will be banned within week at most, otherwise its useless.

We want to be 100% sure that we punish only the people that are indeed cheating and we would much rather take more time to investigate and get it right and not ban someone only to realize we made an error (we did that in the past, it's messy ><). This is why we encourage players to use the "report bot/afk" option in game as that will help us deal with these players alot faster!

100% is impossible and report system is not functional for 2 reasons : 1. its just WGs facade of doing something, but in reality i doubt there are many instances where someone was really banned through this system (if it functions at all that is... it can be just "placebo" system for all we know) 2. most WoT playes know barely enought to drive in straight line, how the hell do you expect them to really handle identifying and reporting bots ...

J00F #17 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13172 battles
  • [322] 322

Ironically I failed the first time due to the forum formatting problem.....
[edited]

Edited by AcapellaRose, 06 November 2013 - 11:32 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. AcapellaRose

Darth_Woras #18 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI

View PostKilo_India_Alpha, on 06 November 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

[edited]
Rager, plz.
I collect gifs he posts.

Edited by AcapellaRose, 07 November 2013 - 02:04 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. AcapellaRose

Chungski #19 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16219 battles
I totally agree with the frustration of the people on the forum.

Come on WG, you guys make millions of Euros! If you have the resources to create this game then you have the knowledge to create a tool which will remove offending (or at least quarantine them pending investigation) them from the active accounts list to stop these people spoiling the game for the rest of us. I think the same can be said for your Hall of Fame ... a poor excuse if there is any to say that the Hall of Fame shows all accounts, active or otherwise.

For example:  the current top 1 day player is dumitrescu87. He has 737 battles for 1 day???? Do the maths ... if he only played for 5 mins each battle, that is 61.4 hours of playing time - in what, 24 hours? How much investigation does that warrant to work out he doesn't have a bot running? Or something weird is going on!

This guy has only had an account since July 2013, and he is already on tier X tanks with nearly 12000 battles?

WG, stop trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the people who genuinely support your business!

Do something positive which is visible to the fans.

TotoTron #20 Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17704 battles
I like the top guy too, 737 battles within 24 hours means about two minutes between the start of each battle. This also includes the battle loading time that is 30 seconds + loading screen + battle lobby waiting. So this guy spends about one minute in each battle before dying or logging out. So he/she either drives straight towards enemies or drowns himself immediately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users