Thoughts on reaching 10 000 battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

TheTsunami1 #1 Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [P-O-W] P-O-W
I started playing World of Tanks in July 2012. I saw it on an advertisement while downloading graphics card drivers on nVidia website. It came with a starting code, which gave me a T2 Light, the tank I had my first battle in. I was surprised by what I saw when I played for the first time. I didn't think about the map, about tactics, I just went somewhere and shot at the red things. If I recall correctly, I got 2 kills. It was so fun.
I remember being disappointed on getting my first tier 4 - A-20, but being really happy about my next one - T40. My first ever tier 6 tank was M36 Slugger, now -  Jackson. It still is one of my favourite tanks, and one of the most driven as well. I remember loving KV-1S with the 122mm derp gun, I remember loving it even more with the 122mm trollcannon.
Games passed, I was your usual mindless player, going for higher tiers, suffering grind, having fun in good games, etc. At some point, probably when I joined LVMD clan (cause they did a lot of TC's) I started thinking about tactics, what to do in maps, what not to do. Started staying back in my TDs, going forwards in my heavies, started watching the minimap. I became better and better. More experienced players gave me advice, and I listened to them, for the most part. Tried to, anyway.
I've done some really stupid things I regret now. Sold M3 Light, T2 Light, the french premium arty. Tanks I had fun with but sold for some reason. Tanks I will probably never get back. I've done stupid things in battlefields as well and for a very long time. That is the reason I have bad efficiency. But believe me when I say that I am a better player now than my stats suggest. I know how to read the map, I know my Pershing and my ELC very well. I know how to angle my T28, and am learning to sidescrape with my recently bought Tiger I.
During my time in WoT I have been in 6 or 7 clans, mostly Latvian ones, but some time ago, when playing with guys from T2FTW, I understood - I don't feel home there. Internet is my home. So I stayed in T2FTW. Those guys were awesome. If anyone's reading this - thank you for the awesome time there. Then, before 8.6, WG announced the return of the Stalin texts on Russian tanks. They said something on the lines of Stalin being a hero. So our leader, DanottiTR, God bless him, decided that T2FTW will not support a company that claims that, and deleted the clan. I joined another Latvian clan, but again - didn't feel like home. After a while, my tankbuddy from T2FTW - Pantoffelt joined CIRC3. When I found out, I left the clan and applied for CIRC3. CIRC's are awesome. This is another clan I can call home. To be honest, I don't watch a lot of Circon's streams, because I don't have a lot of time. But playing with CIRC's... Now that is awesome. They are the best bunch of pro noobs I have ever seen, and I hope to spend another 10 000 battles there. With my 2 months there, we have done TOGjumping, Historical Battles, Tank Companies, and a load of platooning. I love these guys.
I know, 10k battles is not a lot, especially with guys like EvilJoe riding around with 100k. I have no idea how he still has nerves. But it is a milestone, even if not a great one. Thank you for reading this, hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

Edited by TheTsunami1, 07 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Lemmingtrain #2 Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1847 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well done on your first 10K and pleased you've been having fun :great:

OT, you must have known Nectaria then in T2FTW - he's wandering over the plains on WT these days.

TheTsunami1 #3 Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [P-O-W] P-O-W
Yeah, Nectaria in WT is the guy I am thankful for bringing me in T2FTW :P Haven't played tanks with him, but he is an awesome pilot

Lemmingtrain #4 Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1847 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah he's a nice guy - I platooned with him when I first started and my eldest son has the odd platoon with him now and again in WT.  No doubt I'll platoon with him again when WT GF comes out.  

I miss his posts on the forum - they could be quite cutting at times  :teethhappy:

TheTsunami1 #5 Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [P-O-W] P-O-W
Yeah, so will I :P I am still a part of T2FTW, even though T2FTW doesn't do WoT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users