How come the packages cost so much money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: the price of the packages? (291 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the price of the packages?

1. the price is ok! (73 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

2. the price is defintly over the top! (221 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

Vote Hide poll

Gezak #101 Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3008 battles
THIS. GAME. IS. FOR. FREE.

GOD Please make this price whining stop.

Killavoddy #102 Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17006 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK
Who would want to buy all of them anyway?Your argument  would be like going into a supermarket and saying that they are hugely expensive because they sell thousands of products.

I am going to order the light package with the idea of spending around 7,500 gold on premium and using the left overs to speed-demon my first tier 5 crew to 100% and perhaps a bit of XP conversion. After 3 months I will have hopefully got most of the tanks that I like and will probably wait for the British tree before getting premium again. You do not need gold ammo, equipment or premium tanks to progress and I have never found any of them to be particularly useful in my quest to cause big explosions.

And just for the doubters I will compare this with a normal MMO with subscription base.

£25-£30 to purchase the game + first month free + 2 months subscription = £43-£48
No game purchase + £32 for the light package (W/O extras that's 5 months) = £32

So that is £11 cheaper with 2 months extra.

Premium tanks / ammo / equipment can only be compared to another games stores that are outside the subscription. They are not needed to progress in any way.

Lets put this subject to bed please, you don't have to pay for these packages there will be normal subscription prices at release which should be more than affordable for most people.

GehakteMolen #103 Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51741 battles
  • [322] 322
u all compare wot with mmo, while (currently) there are A LOT of non-mmo players (including me)

who simply wont pay on month base, i rather buy an xbox and play bad games like BO then pay montly, i wanna buy a game and play it for free the rest of my life.

IF it would (also) be possible to ``buy`` for lets say 50-60€ (price of normal game) unlimited premium (no gold, just premium, they can somehow unlock it i think) + the possibilty to convert x amount of exp (1000 or 2000) on daily base i will certainly ne interested

coz then i can pay 50€ and play the game, like any other game, i still like the ``fps`` aspect of the game, more then the mmo style of the game

ps: i dont bother paying for seperate tank`s it IS a nice feature, certain tanks like Sturmtiger will be worth the money i think ^^ (or atleast the lol factor) even if they would cost like 5 or 10€

BadNews420 #104 Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14038 battles

View PostGezak, on 05 April 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

THIS. GAME. IS. FOR. FREE.

GOD Please make this price whining stop.

If everyone was thinking like that we wouldn't have any wot, wargaming need money to run this game for us and many of us want to pay them money for the game, it's just that many of us think they are asking for too much money.

Mckiller #105 Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
i agree with the prices being to high but im not complaining,since im not gonna buy one of those pre orders

GorDoink #106 Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View Posttheta0123, on 04 April 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

Not neccesary. you can enjoy this game well up to 95% without buying gold

The only thing that bothers me, is the limited amount of space for non buyers in the garage.. 5 tanks is very little

Agreed but I would add, as a concern, the xp from the premium tank 'needs' gold for it to be used.

GorDoink #107 Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View Postfilefool, on 05 April 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

Let's say you're right and the higher tiers won't cost much more than 1 or 2 months of premium. Let's assume that the average price of a premium tank would be 2000 gold (That's a real low estimation).
There are currently 50 premium tanks planned in WoT. 50*2000 = 100000/300 = 334.

I have about a dozen tanks in the garage (I'm cramming, trying out different stuff before the free gold disappears) and I already have too many tanks to play them all regularly.  It would have been nice to hang on to the MS-1, etc., but it I would never used it, so what's the point?  Fifty tanks?  Not for me.

Loonsbro #108 Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8006 battles
Am i missing the point here or something, you are all complaining about something you don't have to buy! No one is forcing you to get a pre-order pre-release package you can play the game for ever for nothing if you want (ok Wargaming is a company and they have to make money to survive thats just the way of the world so if everyone does that the game won't be around for very long).

Has there been an anouncement as to how much gold will cost after release? I have been looking an can not find a price? where i am not likely to get a pre-lease package i will probably at some point want to get gold to get a premium account but can not find anything related to the cost of gold?

KyleRagnador #109 Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3823 battles
In my opinion the cost of 2500 for a 3 man tank team per month is with this sheme to expensive.

filefool #110 Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ
Typical exchange between critics and fanboys: "I don't like..." - "Well then don't use/do/play it!"

I am willing to spent money on this game, in fact i even pre-ordered the medium package because it's price is the maximum amount of money what i would spent on a new game. I will spent the gold that comes with it as i see fit and won't buy any more after that.

The point is that the developers want to much money for what the premium content is really worth. I can assure you that you won't see a lot of lower tier premium tanks once the game is released, because no one will spent real money on a mediocre tank. And the useful higher tier premium tanks will be a rare sight on the battlefield because most people will spent their hard earned money on premium accounts and garage slots. And this bothers me, because the developers spent time and effort in putting this stuff into the game, but due to the high price, the chance to see them in action will drop significantly after release.

Same goes for the consumables. Things that only last for a 15 minute battle cost real money? Does anyone know another game where ingame content, that costs money, will disappear after being used? I don't.

It's simple economics. If the dev's would halve the prices for premium stuff, the number of players who will use it will double. No money lost, but a lot more players are happy.

View Postloonsbro, on 05 April 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

Has there been an anouncement as to how much gold will cost after release? I have been looking an can not find a price? where i am not likely to get a pre-lease package i will probably at some point want to get gold to get a premium account but can not find anything related to the cost of gold?

Overlord wrote in his blog that you'll get 215 - 300 gold per 1 € depending on how much gold you buy at once. The biggest package is worth 30.000 Gold.

http://overlord-wot....s-for-gold.html

Drow #111 Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22083 battles
My two cents:

1. The prices WILL be lowered. It's simple marketing. Near Christmas, Easter, November revolution and so on :P
2. After that, the prices will be lowered on regular basis.

3. I used gold in buying garage slots (12 now, FTW) and for converting exp of elite tanks. If I will not be able to have more garage slots, I will not have any elites because I will sell them to make room for new tanks on higher tiers. So there will be no need for gold, lol.

4. What's your goal playing WoT? Having a tier 9854? Being the bigest mofo who will be able to tackle the whole enemy team?

Guess what, others will have that tier too. And no, you will NOT be able to kill single handed one whole enemy team. In fact, if smart, you can have fun playing WoT in whatever tier... Yup, FUN should be the goal while playing WoT. VERY achievable with no gold whatsoever.

Gorkzillah #112 Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4521 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

View Posttheta0123, on 03 April 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

25 000 gold for 75 euro means 10 months of premium wich is 7.5 euro per month

this is relativly low compared to other Free MMORPG's. Who charge alot for many items wich also makes it very unfair towards players who dont pay to play

It is however unfair towards our East bloc comerades who dont earn as much  :(
hope you guys get better times or better deals one day

Yes more of the MMORPGs are like 12.99 euro or 15 euro per month but they offer a lot more stuff to do in them compared to WOT. I wan't to buy the medium package but I don't want to get so much gold with it....

Kazomir #113 Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 16748 battles
Here is the rime and reason behind the high prices and the high amount of gold in the package:
They dont want 1 000 000 M6A2E1's, PzIV/V's and A-32 at start of the game, so they increace the price and the amount of gold in the pack
It is that simple.

Yes, most MMOs have more stuff to offer for just 15 bucks a month, but keep in mind that the game is just now releasing
I was playing WoW at release, and i tell you, the game didnt had that much content in comparison to now.
Didnt had battlegrounds, weather, most of the dungeons werent implemented yet...
After 1-2 years the full potential of this game will be unlocked and i am sure that this game will be AWESOME!

shnbwmn #114 Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17890 battles
Here in south africa 75 euros = R715 !!! With that money you can buy 2 high quality games. But I'll gladly pay that much, coz what the devs have created is fanatstic, and it's my thank you to them for their hard work  :)

lubojr #115 Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Definitely I don't think that this prize is too much, not of the lowest, but not of the highest aswell. Thing that bothers me is that the 'smallest' pack, you can buy gets you 5 months of premium. How can I know if I will play 5 months later? I would appreciate 1 month, maximum 2 month pay for premium (in gold 5000), maybe for a slight higher prize if counted on one month than 10 month premium but still cheaper if I don't use all 10 months. I know that you don't have to use your gold immidiatelly to buy 10 month but still buying ammount of gold, that I might not use is a nonsence for me.

GorDoink #116 Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View Postlubojr, on 06 April 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Definitely I don't think that this prize is too much, not of the lowest, but not of the highest aswell. Thing that bothers me is that the 'smallest' pack, you can buy gets you 5 months of premium. How can I know if I will play 5 months later? I would appreciate 1 month, maximum 2 month pay for premium (in gold 5000), maybe for a slight higher prize if counted on one month than 10 month premium but still cheaper if I don't use all 10 months. I know that you don't have to use your gold immidiatelly to buy 10 month but still buying ammount of gold, that I might not use is a nonsence for me.

It's said that smaller quantities of gold will be available following release but I guess they want as many people to buy the exclusive tanks as possible.

punkadelic #117 Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17254 battles

View PostKazomir, on 04 April 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

This had me in stitches rofl, great clip.
As for paying to get the gold, sure no problem if I decide that I want to.
If not then I'll play for free, I spent the first few months playing Closed Beta on non premium and got up to tier 5 on several tanks, easy enough to do it again imo.
I am in no rush to get to high tier  <_<

I forgot to add that I have no problem with paying to play and thus supporting the game and it's developers, after all they deserve some kinda salary from the game.
Sure the fees for this particular offer seem a little high but I guess they have their reasons for coming up with the figures that they have.
I am also guessing that in the future, if the returns are not working out as they wish, then they might re-evaluate and come up with a different set of figures, time will tell.
Anyway nobody is forcing anyone to fork out their hard earned cash, we can either pay for what's on offer, or not, but we can ALL still play for as much or as little as we can afford, or want.
It's unusual these days to get anything for nothing, maybe we should be grateful for what we have  :)

filefool #118 Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ
Just to come back to the argument about the prices of premium tanks:

View PostKillavodka, on 05 April 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

10,000 gold was plucked from thin air, most likely the higher tier tanks will cost closer to the 2500 mark.

The official website says that the price for a M6A2E1 is 10.000 Gold.

http://game.worldoft...miumTank/m6a2e1

And since it's the same tier as the Löwe i doubt that there will be a big price difference.

Again, 35 € for ONE tank in a game is ridiculously overpriced.

Killavoddy #119 Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17006 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK
I stand corrected! 10,000 gold is too much for one machine in my opinion, but I suppose that makes the heavy package much more desirable for those who want the tank but not for the price tag post-release.

ArmsAndLegsGuy #120 Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles

View Postfilefool, on 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Just to come back to the argument about the prices of premium tanks:

The official website says that the price for a M6A2E1 is 10.000 Gold.

http://game.worldoft...miumTank/m6a2e1

And since it's the same tier as the Löwe i doubt that there will be a big price difference.

Again, 35 € for ONE tank in a game is ridiculously overpriced.
Then again, neither the M6A2E1 nor the Löwe are required to play or progress in the game. So if you feel that the price for the  premium tanks, or the price for the pre-order packages are to high, don't buy them. They are optional, just like gold is optional.

A&L-Guy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users