How come the packages cost so much money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: the price of the packages? (291 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the price of the packages?

1. the price is ok! (73 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

2. the price is defintly over the top! (221 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

Vote Hide poll

filefool #121 Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ

View PostArmsAndLegsGuy, on 07 April 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

Then again, neither the M6A2E1 nor the Löwe are required to play or progress in the game. So if you feel that the price for the  premium tanks, or the price for the pre-order packages are to high, don't buy them. They are optional, just like gold is optional.

A&L-Guy

I already said that i bought the medium pre-order package. I WANT to pay for this fun game, because i think it's worth paying for. But what's the point in releasing a MMO in so much countries when only a few players from the richest countries can afford the whole content, the game has to offer? One ingame-item that costs as much as an addon or a whole game?

And a premium account will be mandatory when you get to the higher tiers because those tanks are money sinks. The casual player doesn't have tiome to do a lot lower tier battles just to finance his hiher tier vehicles.

I would be willing to pay more for WoT but only if i feel that i get my moneys worth. And with the current prices that's clearly not the case.

skanny #122 Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1617 battles
price is way too much.....
it's "optional" though..... yup it is but the devs gimp the game for anyone that's not on premium kinda forcing your hand to go the "optional" route.

devs have to earn a income, no arguments there.

i want to support the game but not for those prices.

for those that are delighted with the package costs ... glad your chuffed, too rich for me.

R3b00t #123 Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16246 battles
  • [BISON] BISON
I dont even understand this topic. Gold, as stated, is optional. Why are you trying to see Premium as Standard and Standard als Low Value Account? Standard is Standard and the Way to go. If you want faster progress, collect exp in your favourite tanks, earn more money and buy things faster you'll have to pay for it. And its really not for the rich only.
Your Gloryfied WOW takes 10$ for Pets in their Cash Shop. Anybody whining in WoW Forums why they have to pay 60$ extra for owning all pets? Dont think so, but possible.
Dont see people complaining at the Car-Dealer.
They are looking for Cars they can afford, not going to the most expensive first and start to complain.
If you want to play for free, you can. But you cant point at the players who pay for the service and gold. These Players pay for you too. if you dont have enough money, thank the devs that you can play for free.
And such statements like " A few Players from the richest Countrys can afford only.." are nonsense. You dont have to buy the biggest package available. Buy a smaller one if you dont earn enough money.
I paid a little bit more than 50 Euros for more than enough gold for the following months. I paid for premium services like EXP Converting, I paid for a unique tank, and last but not least: I paid for supporting this Game. And I didnt pay more than usual for a normal computer game. So I paid and I dont have a problem with it. Why do you have a problem then?

DKWK #124 Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5224 battles
  • [-DED-] -DED-
To buy, or not to buy is the question http://forum.worldof.../Smile_harp.gif

I for my case, will wait to see how, EU server is after release, before I spend my money.

At the momemt I pay every month on the Russian server, and have done that for serval months now.
But on the Russian server, I know what happens, and I did walk from beta to release there.
So I think we all have different views on, why to buy the packages or not. http://forum.worldof...Smile_great.gif

filefool #125 Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ

View PostR3b00t, on 07 April 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

I dont even understand this topic. Gold, as stated, is optional. Why are you trying to see Premium as Standard and Standard als Low Value Account? Standard is Standard and the Way to go. If you want faster progress, collect exp in your favourite tanks, earn more money and buy things faster you'll have to pay for it. And its really not for the rich only.
Your Gloryfied WOW takes 10$ for Pets in their Cash Shop. Anybody whining in WoW Forums why they have to pay 60$ extra for owning all pets? Dont think so, but possible.
Dont see people complaining at the Car-Dealer.
They are looking for Cars they can afford, not going to the most expensive first and start to complain.
If you want to play for free, you can. But you cant point at the players who pay for the service and gold. These Players pay for you too. if you dont have enough money, thank the devs that you can play for free.
And such statements like " A few Players from the richest Countrys can afford only.." are nonsense. You dont have to buy the biggest package available. Buy a smaller one if you dont earn enough money.
I paid a little bit more than 50 Euros for more than enough gold for the following months. I paid for premium services like EXP Converting, I paid for a unique tank, and last but not least: I paid for supporting this Game. And I didnt pay more than usual for a normal computer game. So I paid and I dont have a problem with it. Why do you have a problem then?

I don't have a problem to pay. I already paid 56 Euros for this game. Nobody has to pay for me. The problem i have, is that i don't feel that i get my moneys worth.

To stick with your car dealer example:

Imagine wanting to buy a 20 year old rusty volvo and the car dealer says: "It's 10.000€! Don't like the price? Don't buy it!" Let's see how long this car dealer will stay in business.
If it costs more than it is worth, than nobody will buy it. It's that simple. That's the only thing i complain about.

I like this game and in my opinion the developers deserve to get paid for their out work. But they just want too much for some things.

R3b00t #126 Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16246 battles
  • [BISON] BISON
I don't want to argue with you. :)
Its not that expensive in my Opinion. In the other pricing thread is a player who wants to pay 1€ for a premium month. Next one wants to pay 10 Cents a Year and complains about Premium Tanks which are overpriced for 11 Cents.
Its a matter of opinion. If you have the money to spend, and you want  to buy it. Buy it. If not. Dont buy it.
But you bought already. ;)
We'll see us in Battle anyway. Even if you pay nothing. ;)

tazmanyak #127 Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1062 battles
I dont understand why you mods and WG staff keep on answering us, players "all this is not needed, dont buy if you dont want" when we, players, just say it's overpriced.
The fact is, most of us WANT to pay.
But, we, players, just want to be sure you heard our voice, saying you just ask too much money from the ones willing to pay.

I will certainly buy the heavy preorder package. or medium ...
But, i would have been REALLY pleased if the price of gold was 20% cheaper.

Because, i planned on premium + 500 gold a month, so that's a total of 3k right?
Right now, those 3k gold are worth 10€ with the MORE EXPENSIVE gold package available post-release.
With mid-packs, 3k gold is around 13€.
And, this is expensive.

This has nothing to do with "not needed, dont buy it". Cos i would be pleased to buy it. But it's expensive.

Some companies succeed in understanding that, and it seems you dont. And it makes me really sad :/
Because, it means after release, you'll see the playerbase drop down (i really do hope i'm wrong, in fact ...)
And with a low playerbase, you'll also loose paying customers. Because servers will be empty.
Examples?
Cryptic, and their overp^riced cash shops.
Gpotato with overpriced Allods.

This is 8 months i'm in beta, and can regularily read such warning posts.
You didnt want to understand what we meant. Or you didnt believe us, maybe.
Now, we just have to wait 6 months, to clearly see who between us, players, and you, WG, was right.

tazmanyak #128 Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1062 battles

View PostR3b00t, on 08 April 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

I don't want to argue with you. :)
Its not that expensive in my Opinion. In the other pricing thread is a player who wants to pay 1€ for a premium month. Next one wants to pay 10 Cents a Year and complains about Premium Tanks which are overpriced for 11 Cents.
Its a matter of opinion. If you have the money to spend, and you want  to buy it. Buy it. If not. Dont buy it.
But you bought already. ;)
We'll see us in Battle anyway. Even if you pay nothing. ;)
there's clearly a difference between players that do want to pay 10€ a month, and those that would like to have premium for 1€ :)
I would be glad to pay 10€ a month, but want more than they offer for that amount ...
Better package offers 30000G for 100€
Cheaper package should offer 2500G for 8€
Most expensive should see 20% discount, or more
For 100€, i would ask for 45-50k gold

R3b00t #129 Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16246 battles
  • [BISON] BISON
Yes. You are right. Its a clearly difference and your suggestion sounds solid. There are so many opinions about pricing and values. It should clearly be 10-20% off when you make a big deal. Maybe they will gove more special offers, depends on Wargamings Income I think.
Didn't want to offend you with my post, but this threads are full of unrealistic "I want all for free, all who are paying something are rich kids from the richest people in the world." phrases. :)

feersum #130 Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17303 battles
  • [BRAV3] BRAV3
Heh, I bought a Medium package. It cost me roughly 1/5 of my salary.

Call me a fanboy, call me a rich spoiled bastard, call me whatever you want.
It's my money. I decide how to spend it.

After I have my wife's blessing, of course. :P

ArmsAndLegsGuy #131 Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles

View Postfeersum, on 08 April 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

After I have my wife's blessing, of course. :P
You ARE lucky...

I bought all three packs (old saying says if it is software or internal hardware, wife won't know the difference). Alas, she saw the CC statement, so now I have to take her to a Wellness-spa in Sweden this weekend as compensation. *sigh*
But at least I didn't have to go shopping for clothes with her. Guess I gotta be thankfull for the small favours.

A&L-Guy

NEMESIS #132 Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19012 battles
  • [-AA-] -AA-
Yes i also feel the game is overpriced at the moment especially for an unfinished product(of course i`m talking from the POV of easter european countries)

I`m really in dilemma here if i should get the light package or not,like someones pointed out before doesn`t really feel like i`d be getting my moneys worth,i mean for that kind of money i could get both crisis 2 and shift 2(20 euros each digital distribution)if you buy 4-5 months old games you can get those for little over 10 euros in retail copy.

I think the best pricing choice for WG would have been to make it free up to tier 5 and if you want to go above tier 5 pay something like 30-40 euros max one time(and have permanent premium like now),if that ware the case i would have gladly payed 30-40 euros max one time which i think would be a very good price for WG especially for the game at this stage,i`m sure if they would have priced it like this alot of people that are still in doubt like me would have gladly bought the game.I love the game and want to support the developers but right now in the stage that the game is in i`m afraid its not really worth more then 5 euros a month as a subscription i mean lets be realistic full trees are not finishes,games still has bugs,theres still months and months until we`ll see more balance to tiers,somewhat few maps that beta-testers are pretty much sick of and no clan wars.

tazmanyak #133 Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1062 battles

View PostR3b00t, on 08 April 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

Didn't want to offend you with my post, but this threads are full of unrealistic "I want all for free, all who are paying something are rich kids from the richest people in the world." phrases. :)
Dont worry, you didnt ;)

tbhorse #134 Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 361 battles
not every 1 lives in the northern hemisphere and the conversion to the Australian dollar leavers much to be desired with the developers only thinking of there own side of the equator

ArmsAndLegsGuy #135 Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles
Thread necromancy is bad, mmmmkay ? Next time please look at the date on the last post. This thread was about the Pre-Release packages price, in April 2011 before release.
Thread locked to prevent more zombie revivals.

A&L-Guy

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users