How come the packages cost so much money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: the price of the packages? (291 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the price of the packages?

1. the price is ok! (73 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

2. the price is defintly over the top! (221 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

Vote Hide poll

GorDoink #21 Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostfrotsyDon, on 03 April 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

ohh i totally forgot that permium cost 2500 a month  :Smile-hiding: ,well 10 months premium its nice,but still expensive for many gamers out there.

There will probably cheaper gold packages after release but if WoT can a big advance order for gold it's better for them.  They try to sweeten it for us with the free tank, garage slot and, they claim, slightly discounted gold.

ArmsAndLegsGuy #22 Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles
The 3 Pre-Order packages are special one-of-a-kind deals, where you get a premium tank which won't be available after release, a lump of gold, and an extra garage slot for a reduced price. Normal gold-only packages will be available in 5 different sizes after release.

The game is free to play. There is no requirement to buy a pre-order package, nor gold after release, in order to continue to play.

Gold is optional.

If you purchase a pre-order package or gold after release, then besides the items you can use gold on in game, you also support the development and funding of the game.

A&L-Guy

ziogualty #23 Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8763 battles

View PostfrotsyDon, on 03 April 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Dear developers,let me just start by sayin what a great job you did with this game,WOT just an awesome game.
but the real issue is that the price you charge for the packages are simply overrated
i live in Israel,in order for me to buy the heavy package i need to pay 75 euro,its about 375 israeli shekels.
in israel i can buy 3 original games in retail version for this amount of money.not 1 but 3!
is there any chance to lower the prices?
I really dont know what about all the people that live in USA/EUROPE,but in middle east-Israel 75 euro its alot of money..you should think about the currency exchange in different regions.
:D i think you charge to much money..

It's called "take your chances".
Despite the game is far from close to promises, the game engine is badly optimized, and bugs and issues still not solved, they find an awesome gameplay, with an original subject (WW2 Tanks).
They see the chance to get as much money as they can, and they rush for it.
It's not fair, nor polite.
But it's business, and it's the way it always be.

U can understand this "rush for money" from a simple thing:

For 6 months in beta, a garage slot costs 150 gold.
Cost for a garage slot as NOTHING TO DO with gameplay mechanics, nor engine issue, nor bugs, nor NOTHING.
They simply see that people love to have tanks in their garage, they wait for u to feel confortable having a certain number of tanks with different tiers in your arsenal, and they DOUBLE the cost.
Lust for money.
Plain and simple.

Dogniss #24 Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2778 battles
Wargaming wants cash. :Smile-bajan2:
The game is more fun if your pay, how fun is it to have 5 garage slots?
NOT FUN :wacko:
You Grind faster when you have premium [MORE FUN]. :Smile_great:
When you have pre order tank you start with it at 12 april which is good + gold and a free garage slot. ;)
and after that day you can not buy that tank anymore  :(

mil71 #25 Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8480 battles

View PostKillavodka, on 03 April 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

It does seem like a lot of money, but you are getting plenty for that price. Games like World of Warcraft with a pay-per-month payment method will cost you £9 a month, that's £108 per annum for one game. Now look at World at Tanks, imagine that 2500 gold is your typical monthly usage. That would make the heavy pack last for 10 months, equivalent to £90. Remember that with "gold" you don't have to spend it all at once and that £80 could last you 2 years (If the game survives that long)

No just no.

I played world of warcraft for 4 years before quitting last month, I spent hours on that game, on my main character which I started in november 08 I had over 382 days of game play on it.
http://eu.battle.net...tar/fate/simple thats the character.

Just for £9 a month.

theta0123 #26 Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 8024 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View PostDogniss, on 03 April 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

Wargaming wants cash. :Smile-bajan2:
The game is more fun if your pay, how fun is it to have 5 garage slots?
NOT FUN :wacko:
You Grind faster when you have premium [MORE FUN]. :Smile_great:
When you have pre order tank you start with it at 12 april which is good + gold and a free garage slot. ;)
and after that day you can not buy that tank anymore  :(
Thats with every Free MMORPG

However things are relativly fair compared to non paying players

Many free MMORPGS give super bonuses towards paying players wich allows them to completly dominate non paying players. Or give them something wich a non paying player has to work months for.

CHlLD #27 Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10146 battles
:Smile_honoring:

RDoom #28 Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10218 battles

View Postziogualty, on 03 April 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

U can understand this "rush for money" from a simple thing:

For 6 months in beta, a garage slot costs 150 gold.
Cost for a garage slot as NOTHING TO DO with gameplay mechanics, nor engine issue, nor bugs, nor NOTHING.
They simply see that people love to have tanks in their garage, they wait for u to feel confortable having a certain number of tanks with different tiers in your arsenal, and they DOUBLE the cost.
Lust for money.
Plain and simple.

Garage slots were 300 before they dropped it to 150 so consider yourself lucky. They are also giving you 250 gold/day so "paying" for tank slots really isn't a big deal when you get 5000 gold a month to blow on random stuff after paying for premium..

Tiny #29 Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10882 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
If they would charge as regular game 50 bux I would buy it straight away, I'm not buying one of those packages, way to expensive, maybe some gold after.

Why did they have to do this pay monthly/more than once crap.

frotsyDon #30 Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10269 battles

View PostBatman, on 03 April 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

It seems you both talk about the same things but do not understand each other. Personally I agree with those who say the price is fair. I bought almost a year of premium access. But we still should remember that the game is not so hard even without the premium at all. I do not know the stats but I heard from ppl from Russian server about more than 50% there play comfortably for free.

I suggest for the topic starter to place a voting in this topic.

i just posted a pole about the subject. vote please. :Smile_honoring:

Army02 #31 Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 38434 battles

View Postkemotox, on 03 April 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

3 game just for 3-4 months? No....
And you just get 10 month premium, not 10 month playing. If you get bored of WoT, u can fukc your 10 month premium :D

games like stalker or battlefield bad company was finsih in 3 weeks all guns ...for stalker round 5 days

a game like navyfield (its like wot) i can play 2-3 years unless to get boring cause there is much to lvl up

SimpleMinds64 #32 Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16563 battles
I think this is a very sensible topic....

What you see in the main chat, in Suggestions etc is a lot critical words towards the delevopment team and the support team about:

lag, the good or bad sides of whatever tank, the style of playing, matchmaking, bad balances, and and and ...

I ran myself a forum and a league in another online game and faced all these complaints day by day,
which resulted that i quit the voluntary work on it as it is a kind of "Sisyphus Work" and it seems whatever you do
or decide will be a new chance to complain again ;)

From the view of those who complain (as it is always a very subjective view) things always can be done better, easier, more balanced etc,
but what i have seen very seldom is that people try to view the other side...

How much time, money and several other needed ressources are spend to provide such a game?
Not to talk about what is needed to be read from the not satisfied users in chats and forum posts.

Fact is:

Life costs something, especially if you have your own wishes and targets how comfortable you plan to live your life.

A computer game requires a couple of things... e.g. the PC itself, the internet connection and so on...

This game will stay for free, only your extra wishes will cost something...

So, it is only a question what you personally wish to reach or to do and if it is worth to pay for it...

Why complaining about something which is necessary to provide this game and which helps that it will survive, when you have the opportunity
to not pay for it and hope that enough others will do so...

The more i read about this in chat or in forum the more i get the impression that it is simple and plain a way to show a bit jealousy ... and please don´t take it personal as
i absolutely understand that NOT everybody is or will be able to spend money for a hobby...

Under the line will always stay...

If you wish a good and full supported service you need to understand that it will cost something, and a price of approximately 7,50 € per month seems to be pretty acceptable...

Anyway, it is good that things are spoken out and discussed;)

with best regards and the hope that my words have not hurted anybody...

Ralf aka SimpleMinds64  

FleshGet #33 Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1 battle

View Posttheta0123, on 03 April 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

It is however unfair towards our East bloc comerades who dont earn as much  :(
hope you guys get better times or better deals one day

Good point there... The game isn't too expensive if you compare it to others, but it's a fact, that 75 euro is half of a monthly salary for many people around Eastern Europe (not to mention young gamers without a job). Considering the number of players from these regions, a "lower price = more premium accounts" scheme might just work.  :)

DaColdFlash #34 Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1839 battles

View PostKillavodka, on 03 April 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

It does seem like a lot of money, but you are getting plenty for that price. Games like World of Warcraft with a pay-per-month payment method will cost you £9 a month, that's £108 per annum for one game. Now look at World at Tanks, imagine that 2500 gold is your typical monthly usage. That would make the heavy pack last for 10 months, equivalent to £90. Remember that with "gold" you don't have to spend it all at once and that £80 could last you 2 years (If the game survives that long)

WoW has about 500xtimes the content of WoT. The prices for gold is actually fine, it's just that i dont like the packages they are offering.

ziogualty #35 Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8763 battles

View PostRDoom, on 03 April 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

Garage slots were 300 before they dropped it to 150 so consider yourself lucky. They are also giving you 250 gold/day so "paying" for tank slots really isn't a big deal when you get 5000 gold a month to blow on random stuff after paying for premium..

LOL.

I swear "RDoom" is not a second account of mine i use to write nonsense just to make my point stronger.
Pls believe me.

kemotox #36 Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1694 battles

View PostArmsAndLegsGuy, on 03 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

The game is free to play.

Gold is optional

...you also support the development and funding of the game.

Cyndre #37 Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 2869 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA
I feel this adequately sums up the benefits of paying for the package and all is at it should be:

Penny Arcade Comic Free play

Snoken #38 Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9282 battles
It's a good price for people that plans to buy several months of premium!

ArmsAndLegsGuy #39 Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles

View PostTiny, on 03 April 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

If they would charge as regular game 50 bux I would buy it straight away, now I'm not paying a dime.

Why did they have to do this pay monthly/more than once crap.
There is no monthly pay. There is no pay required at all. Thats why it is a Free To Play game.

Gold is not required. Gold is optional. Gold-only packages will be available in 5 different sizes after release. Different sizes of gold-only packages means you can just buy the size you think you need. No monthly fee at all. Only want premium for 7 days, because you are going away on 3 weeks of vacation - just buy a small package of gold, and use enough of it for a 7 day premium period.

Don't want to use gold - Don't buy any gold. Unless ofcourse you want to get a warm fuzzy Dr.feelgood feeling in your stomach, for supporting the funding of the gameserver and feeding the developers. It is all up to you. It really is that simple.

A&L-Guy

weerwolf #40 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22536 battles
  • [THOR] THOR
Actualy it's a too much. 75 euro equals to 1875,- CZK. And avarage salary in Czech republic is 20 000,- CZK, and that means that 50% of population have less then 20k. In my reagion is it about 15 000,- CZK. So its more then 10% of month income.
I know that in west europe isn't soo much. But if developers match the payments to other nations they mabye earn much more.

Sorry for my bad english.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users