How come the packages cost so much money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: the price of the packages? (291 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the price of the packages?

1. the price is ok! (73 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

2. the price is defintly over the top! (221 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

Vote Hide poll

Kazomir #41 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 16480 battles
i dont thing they cost that much, on paper the number might seem high, but this is 10 months worth of premium, you can max all current trees if you play often with this... plus you get unique tank wich you can sell after time when the trade system is included for HUGE amount of money (maybe some rare collector guy)

kemotox #42 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1694 battles

View PostArmy02, on 03 April 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

games like stalker or battlefield bad company was finsih in 3 weeks all guns ...for stalker round 5 days

a game like navyfield (its like wot) i can play 2-3 years unless to get boring cause there is much to lvl up

So, you play only for the unlocks? Hmm its weird, i play for the fun, and not for raise a number...

MajorStarLord #43 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 53780 battles
  • [322] 322
Yes, this game is way to expensive.

ZabojczyKartofel #44 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28599 battles
  • [ISOUL] ISOUL
But game developers have to earn money from this!!! Do you want 25000 gold for 5 euros?! It's impossible. I think the price is good, because 10 euros for month it isn't to much. World of Warcraft cost 10-13 (i don't remember how many exactly) euro for month, and how many people play it? To play WoW you must pay, WoT is F2P. We pays for faster earning cash and experience, or buy premium tanks. But IMHO, lower prices for premium tanks tier 7-8 is good idea. I won't pay 10000 gold for ONE tank. <_<

Sorry for my bad english  ;)

vince_grant #45 Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8550 battles
I think the price for premium is more than fair, but the price for other stuff is waaay too expensive. I mean, 1 gold = 25 free xp, 2500 gold = 62500 free experience converted, thats not even enough to research IS-4's gun as an example.

If you got like 50 or 75 free xp for each gold you convert, it would be okish, but 25 i waaay too little..

mil71 #46 Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8480 battles

View PostArmsAndLegsGuy, on 03 April 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

feeding the developers.

Bah now you have me check mated!

BloodZ #47 Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12814 battles
Racism related comment removed

We'll have none of those kind of remarks on this forum.

2.1 Forum etiquette

Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs). Disrespect can include:
1. Flaming
2. Trolling
3. Harassment or Defamatory remarks
4. Profanity, Inappropriate language or abbreviations there of
5. Personal abuse or attacks
6. Racial, religious, Sexual, national or ethnic, slurs or insults, This includes "jokes" in bad taste.
7. Excessive Capitalization

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
• Be temporarily banned from the World of Tanks forums
• Be given a final warning, with any further violations possibly resulting in permanent ban from the forums

This behavior has no place on the World of Tanks forums due to its extremely offensive and inappropriate nature.

Your account has been put on a 14 day read only status. After this time has passed, any future posts made by you, will be pre-moderated before being visible on the forums.

/A&L-Guy

kemotox #48 Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1694 battles

View PostBloodZ, on 03 April 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Hahaha, well said :DD

You will join him with a 14 day Read Only status, as well as pre-moderation of future posts, for your support to the racist.

Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs). Disrespect can include:
1. Flaming
2. Trolling
6. Racial, religious, Sexual, national or ethnic, slurs or insults, This includes "jokes" in bad taste.

• Be given a final warning, with any further violations possibly resulting in permanent ban from the forums

This behavior has no place on the World of Tanks forums due to its extremely offensive and inappropriate nature.

/A&L-Guy

vanisimo #49 Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 16 battles
The developers have made a cool game and want money for it. I think the prises are OK. And don't forget you buy not only the unique tanks but also gold. If the developers will lower the prises, you'll just get fewer gold. And by the way nobody forces you to buy, just don't, if you think the prises are too high.

vanisimo #50 Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 16 battles

View Postvince_grant, on 03 April 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think the price for premium is more than fair, but the price for other stuff is waaay too expensive. I mean, 1 gold = 25 free xp, 2500 gold = 62500 free experience converted, thats not even enough to research IS-4's gun as an example.

If you got like 50 or 75 free xp for each gold you convert, it would be okish, but 25 i waaay too little..

If you wanna research IS-4, you better get your experience in battle. Or you want research IS-4 having only free exp. <_<

LeipeJonge_NL #51 Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1952 battles
What is expensive?

let me give you a example:

Here in the Netherlands when you got to a pub, order a beer. its costs 2,10 euro's.   after a night you can easily drink enough beer that you will spend 60 euro's for a headache the day after.

Many people have hobbies or do some kind of sport for example they play soccer; that also costs membership. or if you go out fishing, you need to buy stuff to go out fishing etc.

The cost for a heavy package, looks alot. but you are actually spending money to have fun for 10 months.
That are many MMO's where you pay monthly.  Believe me, you are spending less on this then having extra hobbys. or skip one night drinking, that would safe enough money for 10 months of pleasure ;)

Edit: and after all, you dont have to pay. It's a free game, it's just up to you how much you want to spend on your hobby or favorite thing ;)

frotsyDon #52 Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10269 battles

View PostBloodZ, on 03 April 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

i live in israel,western jerusalem,both of my parents are christian,my father is itallian and my mother is from argentina,we live in the western christian settlement.your racist insult wont help,i bet you some insults to other players removed

Please refrain from feeding the trolls. Use the "Report" button down in the lower left corner of a post, if you see stuff like this.

2.1 Forum etiquette

1. Flaming
2. Trolling

For your violation of the rules by responding in kind to the trolling, you receive a 1 day Read Only status.

/A&L-Guy

Killavoddy #53 Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17006 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK

View PostDaColdFlash, on 03 April 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

WoW has about 500xtimes the content of WoT. The prices for gold is actually fine, it's just that i dont like the packages they are offering.

I wasn't comparing content, just saying that after paying for close to 5 years worth of WoW subscriptions a one-off fee doesn't seem that bad

They could have maybe made a £20 package, that might have been closer to the price range of most of the player base.

theta0123 #54 Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7373 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

But game developers have to earn money from this!!! Do you want 25000 gold for 5 euros?! It's impossible. I think the price is good, because 10 euros for month it isn't to much. World of Warcraft cost 10-13 (i don't remember how many exactly) euro for month,

At the moment, WOT premium with pre order is 7.5 euro per month. One of the devs said that when the game is released it will be slightly higher.(The pre order packages are therefor cheaper gold and a free bonus tank as extra)

WOW is 13 euros per month. If i remeber. WOW has grown so big because of this subscription. They get money wich allows them to continue development

The same goes for WOT. The more money they earn, the more people they can hire/equip themselfs with better machines/the more Girl maiden vodka nights they can get, the faster this game gets its rough edges smoothend. WOT is a pure epic daimond with some small edges that needs to be polished

understand that Wargaming is a company. And they have to pay bills and pay salaries to there employees.

xack #55 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Post3nglish, on 03 April 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

just play for free ...their is no rush

Yeah, but it isnt very interesting to fight all a time higher tier. You will feel a wonderfull feeling until tier II-III , when all are equal and you will love it!!!

Next day when you wake up will be a beautiful morning, you will turn on computer, your coffee is ready and your girlfriend is taking a shower. You login WOT and you see infront of you incredibly shiny brand new M3 Lee !!!. Its a best day of your life, you drink some coffee and take a big breath ... You know it's first battle for your monster tank and you can't fail because it's DOUBLE xp ... You enter the battle like a hero, your girlfriend is supporting you and suddenly you see your first victim, it will take just one shot to take it down... You start slowly moving towards the enemy, your heart is beating 5 times faster, you don't want to miss it ..., when you were passing through bushes you suddenly stopped WTF THAT ROCK WASN'T HERE BEFORE???, you look more closely, something is written there OBJECT 704  BOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!! You fall off the chair and your girlfriend fainted ... That moment you did realised that you need a premium account :D

Sorry for my bad english skills.

Tiny #56 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10882 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View PostArmsAndLegsGuy, on 03 April 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

There is no monthly pay. There is no pay required at all. Thats why it is a Free To Play game.

Gold is not required. Gold is optional. Gold-only packages will be available in 5 different sizes after release. Different sizes of gold-only packages means you can just buy the size you think you need. No monthly fee at all. Only want premium for 7 days, because you are going away on 3 weeks of vacation - just buy a small package of gold, and use enough of it for a 7 day premium period.

Don't want to use gold - Don't buy any gold. Unless ofcourse you want to get a warm fuzzy Dr.feelgood feeling in your stomach, for supporting the funding of the gameserver and feeding the developers. It is all up to you. It really is that simple.

A&L-Guy

Mmm, I get that, however I just meant that if you would buy it like a regular game and earn gold just as credits or xp, then I would buy it, for say 50 dollars.

I get that it's free to play but your employees salary checks don't pay themselves. But this is the concept you have chosen and I can just say fine. Maybe I'll buy one of those gold packages because after all I like the game and I want to support it.

theta0123 #57 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7373 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
its better for everyone in this way. This way, many people can play WOT.

Panthera #58 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23543 battles

View Postxack, on 03 April 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Yeah, but it isnt very interesting to fight all a time higher tier. You will feel a wonderfull feeling until tier II-III , when all are equal and you will love it!!!

Next day when you wake up will be a beautiful morning, you will turn on computer, your coffee is ready and your girlfriend is taking a shower. You login WOT and you see infront of you incredibly shiny brand new M3 Lee !!!. Its a best day of your life, you drink some coffee and take a big breath ... You know it's first battle for your monster tank and you can't fail because it's DOUBLE xp ... You enter the battle like a hero, your girlfriend is supporting you and suddenly you see your first victim, it will take just one shot to take it down... You start slowly moving towards the enemy, your heart is beating 5 times faster, you don't want to miss it ..., when you were passing through bushes you suddenly stopped WTF THAT ROCK WASN'T HERE BEFORE???, you look more closely, something is written there OBJECT 704  BOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!! You fall off the chair and your girlfriend fainted ... That moment you did realised that you need a premium account :D

Sorry for my bad english skills.

You'll have exactly the same with premium, only shorter. And notice that Tier 5, the best money making Tier and probably important for the free players as a result (for paying as well, I used it to finance my IS-7, which was a big mistake but that's another matter), Tier 5 as I wanted to say (I often fall in the fallacy of making my sentences way too long :() is often top tier in the battles, so all players will get chances to be the bad boy.

I do understand the problems about salary discrepancies though, it can be a lot of money. But then, there is little the devs can do, they need to make money too...

The big advantage of pay per month is that we know the game will be developed while we play, whereas other games might just be released and forgotten.

Army02 #59 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 38355 battles
  • [D-POB] D-POB

View Postkemotox, on 03 April 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

So, you play only for the unlocks? Hmm its weird, i play for the fun, and not for raise a number...

u have played stalker ??  dont think so cause after the last mission u cant do anythink so it was a 5 day game for 50€  
but ok was a funny time

and where is the problem like legs said its a free game guys who dont want pay  the 75€ the dont most pay it and dont most cry at this topic here

only 1  u want it buy it or u dont want it than dont buy it
but pls dont make the game bad cause u think somethink that was is wrong cause much other games are much expensivethan wot

xack #60 Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Different countrys, different age, different jobs, different money, it allways will be for some ppl cheap for some expencive, some will have to ask parents and so on ... . What you have to take in mind is, that these prices are calculated by profeionals, from my experience i can tell that event Devs don't take that desidion, they pay money to profesionals so they find best value. Don't forget for you it's a game for tham it's business. Anyways it's still free and they give you an option to earn gold (clan income, sell modules etc...). So don't be sad some will have to work for a real money to buy gold and you will have to be good on a field to get gold ;)

Sorry for my bad english skills again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users