How come the packages cost so much money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: the price of the packages? (291 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the price of the packages?

1. the price is ok! (73 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

2. the price is defintly over the top! (221 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

Vote Hide poll

enderland #81 Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27122 battles
Talk talk talk. Too much talk for nothing. Prices have already been set. Alot of people already bought the packages. So nothing is going to change. The devs needed a big lump of cash for the release party and bonuses for their workers. They took a bet and they won. :)
So now if they will lower the prices they will alienate the people who proved that they can afford to show off so to speak. There will be smaller, more affordable gold packages but without any perks or gifts for "the poor". That's just they way things work. The game is indeed free to play but only for amateurs or no lifers. If you want to take it more serious you have to pay. Same as running in the park to keep fit or paying to go to a gym.

Gorkzillah #82 Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4521 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
I want to get the medium package (the german one) but I don't agree to give the money it costs for one simple reason: 56€ for the premium tank + 18700 gold and you will get the gold needed for 7~ months of premium account and I'm used to buy such amount of gold for my needs. If I need premium account I will get 2500 gold needed for 1 month ... I don't want to have the gold neededfor 7 months.

If the medium package would include gold for like 2-3 months maybe I could've bought it.

dktank #83 Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5308 battles
a major problem is that they can't change the prices now - they were already announced and people bought things. they cannot lower the prices without causing major problems with players who already payed (which frankly have better reasons and are more "important" to the developers).
also A&L Guy mentioned the order sizes after release, these were posted on Overlord's blog but later deleted (don't know why), but at least at that time were different between EU and US (I remember 2500 gold for 10 euro and 2000 gold for 10 USD, or something of the sort). of course the larger orders were reletively cheaper, and the prices were 10% more than pre-order prices (pre orders=90% of biggest package).
also there are specs of the CBT gift premium tank (m4a2e4) and the kv-5 and lowe. link here: Overlord's Blog.
personally I won't preorder gold, but I might buy some later if I need it (smaller sum). as mentioned garage size will be a problem without gold (and of course credit and xp income).

MacMauro #84 Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15081 battles
Hallo, for me buy the heavy package is for long range playing life.
For me is not too expensive; i have the heavy package and from 12 april will be easy play free till researching the medium tanks.
If i will have holidays i will can spend 250/650 gold for a 1/7 days of premium, or not, and continue to play free.
I will use the golds only from medium tanks, but only if i need.
So i spent today 75 euro for a long life game, and received a USA heavy gift.
If i buy a budget PC game i spend 10 euro and play for 15 days; after finished it i must buy another PC budget game, for another 9,90 euro.
This story for me repeating monthly, and the cash is the same for play WOT or another PC game.
I work, i have family, i have long time house payment; i spent 75 euro today and stop for 12 months, or too long.
This is my opinion.
Thx
bb

Miracle #85 Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 26841 battles
You all still forget that if you get the heavy deal you get a premium tank that NEEDS GOLD TO CONVERT XP  so 25000 gold = 10 months premium but if you spend even 1 gold on converting xp you get less premium playing time.

So 2500 gold x 25xp per gold = 62500 xp = that is just enof to get a TIR 6 tank.
So 2500 gold again for a upgrade to a TIR 7 and 5000 again to get to TIR 8.
And if you want a TIR 9 tanks well ppl then 16000 gold is what you have to pay means you will only have 25000 - 16000 = 9000 gold left means 3 months premium for just an un-upgraded is-4/t34/aus b.

well you want some upgraded i gess and maby some gold items meaning 3 monthes playing for 75 euro. = 25 euro's a month.

I always play at a platoon with someone else coz our pc's are facing eatchother and it is more fun. no prem = no fun = no game = c-ya.... 2 bad, but on the bright side i hear some shooters and some other games just got released.

btw don't start about coh, cheats rules that game now.

p.s.  if there would be a deal that you get the 150 gold a day, i think that a lot of ppl would take it.

strongbird #86 Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13558 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
i dont believe they will change the price with this premium pack. what for the people who already bought it. Refund the price that it got reduced with? To much hassle
They might lower it with other packs but defo not for this one.
Besides this game fully deserves it, i have much hope they will fix the bugs.

MacMauro #87 Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15081 battles

View PostMiracle, on 04 April 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

You all still forget that if you get the heavy deal you get a premium tank that NEEDS GOLD TO CONVERT XP  so 25000 gold = 10 months premium but if you spend even 1 gold on converting xp you get less premium playing time.

So 2500 gold x 25xp per gold = 62500 xp = that is just enof to get a TIR 6 tank.
And if you want a TIR 9 tanks well ppl then 16000 gold is what you have to pay means you will only have 25000 - 16000 = 9000 gold left means 3 months premium for just an un-upgraded is-4/t34/aus b.

well you want some upgraded i gess and maby some gold items meaning 3 monthes playing for 75 euro. = 25 euro's a month.

I always play at a platoon with someone else coz our pc's are facing eatchother and it is more fun. no prem = no fun = no game = c-ya.... 2 bad, but on the bright side i hear some shooters and some other games just got released.

p.s.  if there would be a deal that you get the 150 gold a day, i think that a lot of ppl would take it.

Yes, you are in right, but with premium tank i prefer train fast the crew for secondary skills, gain money and after transfer crew in a high tier tank.
My think is for long life game, without forcing to....
Thx

enderland #88 Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27122 battles

View PostMiracle, on 04 April 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

Trust me, who pays for this packages will buy more later. That gold will be gone in the first 3-4 months. Besides that premium tank is good just for a head start, for training crew and for show. Once you get past tier 6 the real exp is made on real tanks.

And back to the prices.... Even people who already bought at least one package said the price is too steep but still they paid. Let's be realistic, once the prices are set there's nothing we can do about them. It's all a matter of "to buy or not to buy".

DKWK #89 Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5224 battles
  • [-DED-] -DED-

View Postdktank, on 04 April 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

also A&L Guy mentioned the order sizes after release, these were posted on Overlord's blog but later deleted (don't know why), but at least at that time were different between EU and US (I remember 2500 gold for 10 euro and 2000 gold for 10 USD, or something of the sort). of course the larger orders were reletively cheaper, and the prices were 10% more than pre-

Hmm I don't recall that about different prices, only the that Overlord did state serval times, that 10€ would NOT be equal 10$.

View PostK4M1K473, on 04 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

Well personally, I preordered all 3 packs. Can I afford it? Actually not, but I decided to do it anyways.
Why? As many others, I like the game, and thinking about how much we have played and been given already, I think the prizes are pretty much fair.
This means that I will have 56200 gold when I have used my promo codes, but besides premium, I will use gold to convert exp and maybe even exchange into money.
What is most important for me is the choice of techtree line, which I have already done, and that will be the only goal for now, to get the few tanks I want to play with.
I know that the Devs/mods have used the testers to make the game better, but we also had some days with 5 times exp and silver. We had quite a lot of days with 500 gold each day
and they raised the gold amount from 150 up to 250 each day, so premium could be available for all of us each day.
Looking at the preorder prizes and the after release prizes, you do get 333,33 gold on preorder for 7,5 euro but after release it is about 300 gold for 9,99 euro
So preordering can pay out for all players

Wow is what I say here, glad that You decided to afford it, I for my point can't, but then I could quit paying on the Russian server.
It is there I do spend my money for gold, and have been doing that for a very long time, was registered there some time before here.

Now my coments on EU/Russian server is here:

1. I pay 10$ for 2500 gold, and that gives me 1 month of premium = I can afford to use my more expensive tanks and my tier 9 TD, and don't need to grind in a low tier for using them.
2. I do sometimes use more gold, to expand the garage and baracks even buy free some xp earned in my elite tanks like the object 704. (Its my way to keep my tanks, have 19 left, sold 3 yesterday lol)
3. Sometimes they do make special deals, on things on the Russian server, like 10% off when buying gold, or 50% off on baracks/tank slots (But what do I get on EU server?)
4. On the Russian server we did allways get the updates before here, but is that going to change now? Let's see, I hope it lands at same time, on all servers EU/US/NA/Russia.

I did for the first time in months forget to have topped the premium up, and had to play without for 4 days, until I did get money on the bank and You know what?
It was so not cool ha ha, I total forgot how it was not to be able to, run in my expensive tank/TD, and tried to only play low tier and shock came there to, lol now low credits and cp also it was halfed as non premium.

Conclusion for me is = Sure its free to play, but when You have got the bigger stuff the need for premium is there, or gl grinding in the low tiers mate.
Also now as the hole game change here, I want to see how people do in the tanks progress and will watch the change in the EU/US servers forrum, before I do start using money here to. http://forum.worldof...ile_glasses.gif

If they ever would allow a transfer all my tanks/TD/SPGs over to another server for some real money I might like that, but I dont think that ever would happen = Its bussines and money.

theta0123 #90 Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 8222 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
Premium tanks are not alone for converting free EXP. You can use them for the extra multiplayer in income of credits. Something wich prevent most current premium tanks because they lacked proper guns

This is something diffrent with the M6A2E1

And KV-5
And defiantly the lowe

filefool #91 Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ
I don't know why people always try to compare WoT to WoW. If you pay one month for WoW you get access to EVERYTHING the game has to offer, in WoT you only get 50% more XP per battle. And although having a premium account you'll have to pay extra for everything else that's called premium.

If a premium account would mean that premium stuff like tanks, ammo and equipment would cost credits instead of gold then sign me in. But right now WoT may be the most expensive MMO around, if you really want to explore everything the game has to offer.

Generol #92 Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10241 battles
  • [OLIS] OLIS
If you start playing wow and want to play for one year you pay for
wow + addons: about 70 euros
gametime : 11 month about 130 euros

thats 200 euros or 16.5 a month for the first year

after this year you may have to buy the next expansion.

depending on your playstyle you might buy mounts or pets from the blizzard store, or change your name server which all will cost you extra money.

Killavoddy #93 Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17006 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK

View Postfilefool, on 04 April 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

I don't know why people always try to compare WoT to WoW. If you pay one month for WoW you get access to EVERYTHING the game has to offer, in WoT you only get 50% more XP per battle. And although having a premium account you'll have to pay extra for everything else that's called premium.

If a premium account would mean that premium stuff like tanks, ammo and equipment would cost credits instead of gold then sign me in. But right now WoT may be the most expensive MMO around, if you really want to explore everything the game has to offer.

How can you say it's the most expensive MMO, you do not need premium to play or to progress!

filefool #94 Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ

View PostGenerol, on 04 April 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

If you start playing wow and want to play for one year you pay for
wow + addons: about 70 euros
gametime : 11 month about 130 euros

thats 200 euros or 16.5 a month for the first year

after this year you may have to buy the next expansion.

depending on your playstyle you might buy mounts or pets from the blizzard store, or change your name server which all will cost you extra money.

Well i really don't want to calculate it all through, but assuming you want to use premium ammo every now and then, want to use some premium stuff like the automatic fire extinguisher and want to try out a new premium tank every month, all while playing on a premium account i'll bet you can beat 16.5 a month. And what if i don't have time to do 5 battles with a VK 3601 for every battle i'm losing with a VK 4502, just to keep it running? I would have to buy credits for gold again. Imagine having to pay extra for your lvl 80 char in WoW just to keep it alive...

I got 7500 Gold per month in the beta. That's 25 Euros a month (when getting the largest non-pre-order gold package). And it wasn't enough to supply all of my 5 standard tanks with premium goods, or to try out more than one premium tank.

I saw people speculating about the price for a Löwe premium tank. Most of them believed that it would cost about 10.000 gold. That's about 35 Euros for one single tank in a single game. I can get a whole new game for that much money. And i live in western europe. People in the balkan states for example, can get two games for that price. And we get ONE tank? Would you pay the same amount of money for one new weapon in a first person shooter or one car in a racing game? It's absurd.

I really don't want to offend anyone or make the game look bad. WoT is a great, yet unfinished game which is really fun to play for months. The only real flaw it has is that it's way too expensive to play the FULL game (i.e. everything that's in it).

GorDoink #95 Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostArnout, on 04 April 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Agreed. Though I think you'll get an extra spot with every new tank tree released, right?

Why do you think this?  If by tree you mean country, there are less than five countries in the game (so far) but we're supposed to be getting five slots.  Are there only to be five countries in the end?  If so, lots of people will be disappointed.  If by tree you mean SPG, TD and tank, that's still only three.  For each country (so far) it's eight so five slots is already insufficient.

GorDoink #96 Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostMrO, on 04 April 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

The one thing that I can't quite understand is why did they chose to sell gold at this price where some will buy it and the rest will not, instead of making it priced so that you would be stupid not to buy it, wouldn't that also be more profitable for the devs.

The suggestion is that the packages, considering the gold alone, are discounted by about 10%,  Factor in the free slot and a premium tank "worth", say, 1250+ gold and it looks pretty good to me.  I'm still not sure whether to indulge or not though.  The two issues I see with the plan are, it's a lot of money up front and the quoted 10,000 gold for the heavy tank seems ridiculously high compared to other premium tanks already in the game.  What tier is the Churchill?  That costs 1500 gold.  Would a tier 8 premium really cost nearly seven times that?

Killavoddy #97 Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17006 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK
10,000 gold was plucked from thin air, most likely the higher tier tanks will cost closer to the 2500 mark. Which isn't too dissimilar to the price Warcraft tags onto their mounts/pets.

filefool #98 Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20058 battles
  • [NGZ] NGZ

View PostKillavodka, on 05 April 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

10,000 gold was plucked from thin air, most likely the higher tier tanks will cost closer to the 2500 mark. Which isn't too dissimilar to the price Warcraft tags onto their mounts/pets.

Yeah but those things are very similar to each other. Do you know anyone who wants to own every single pet, mount or tag in WoW? I don't. The premium tanks would all be interesting to play if it weren't for the price.

Let's say you're right and the higher tiers won't cost much more than 1 or 2 months of premium. Let's assume that the average price of a premium tank would be 2000 gold (That's a real low estimation).
There are currently 50 premium tanks planned in WoT. 50*2000 = 100000/300 = 334.

334 Euro if you want to try out every premium tank and that's without a premium account or anything else that costs real money. As i said, for those 200 Euro in WoW you get access to the whole game except for some cosmetic stuff or server changes.

I'm sorry but if you want to enjoy the complete game, WoT is the most expensive MMO on the market.

bulletbill56 #99 Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3330 battles
I agree, World of Tanks should reconsider lowing the price and making it easyier to accomplish because half the time im stuck in a bush trying to unlock a M3 Lee

Nikola_Bathory #100 Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 21830 battles
  • [HWBG] HWBG

View Postfilefool, on 05 April 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

There are currently 50 premium tanks planned in WoT. 50*2000 = 100000/300 = 334.

I had no idea! 50? Are you sure?

In any case there is very little fun in premium tanks... During the beta I bought only 1, a French tank in German service. It was a disaster... :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users