Gold Sell Scam Watch Out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Gleb_Reawer #1 Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28806 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
This is just a warning to all beginners who happen to stumble across WoT forums. In the spoiler u can see a screenshot I took just a few mins ago.

Spoiler                     

Last time these gold sellers were around a lot of ppl fell for it and subequently had their accounts banned untill they actually paid for the gold they used.

These scammers will give you gold, but then they'll withdraw their purchase form WG. This leads to you having used gold that's not been paid for and your account will be frozen untill WG gets the money for the gold that's been used on your acount.

Just bc I hate these scammers I'm not going to censor the name of the seller as it's obvoius that account is only for gold selling purposes and will be abandoned quite soon.

Bert_the_Cosh #2 Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31010 battles
Thanks I posted messages in game when I found someone doing this. Thanks for the SS to! There are some scum bags around and we need to shut them out. Cheers. :bush:

SgtBarnes75 #3 Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13070 battles
I have run this thread before and got my wrist slapped for it !! so at risk of another slap.   :hiding:
http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1
I was told not to mention it on the forum "Just incase I gave someone the idea to try for themselves" I kid you not ! They closed the topic, warned me and archived it. I had sent a ticket to support and there reply........wait for it............Please do not open a ticket for this problem, just use the in game report for spam !
And my forum warning said.............Send a ticket do not post problem in forum !
Massive faceplam !

Edited by SgtBarnes75, 09 November 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Statch #4 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12580 battles
+1 to the OP been in a lot of MMO's and gold sellers are a blight on any game they appear in hate them with a passion

Gangerr #5 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19987 battles
End of the day, some people cannot be helped.  People will always try to go for the cheapest option even if it means buying from a scammer. they will.

BodyGuardOfLies #6 Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 92397 battles
Ticket ID STE-501-29328
Category:
World of Tanks
Sub-category:
Inappropriate Naming
These scammers have been operating for at least a week to the best of my knowledge. I shot this one but they are either ripping you or the public off so you should be made aware
they are offering gold at low prices. your system is not allowing me to attach a replay but I have it so get in touch if you wish to see it.

=================================================================================================================================================================================================

Bruno Correia 06 November 2013 13:05

Greetings BodyGuardOfLies,
I am sorry this happen to you when you where trying to have a nice time.
In the hopes of improving our customer service we have, since very early on, been refining the in-game reports system to make sure it would cover the eventualities needed by our players on a day to day basis.
At this time we are confident enough that our system is working well. Enough to handle all your report requests and enough parameters have been included and cross checked to ensure its fairness and effectiveness.
Therefore we are not processing reports manually anymore.
At this time the report limit has been fixed at 5 per day, this is currently being evaluated but at some point we will have to set a permanent maximum number; when this decision is done, however, please keep in mind that players who are “offending” in any way, usually are so in a consistent manner- So if you are out of reports yourself, this player is bound to be reported by someone else soon.
We thank you as always for your understanding and collaboration in helping us keep a clean and fair gaming environment.

Best regards,
Bruno Correia
Wargaming Custumer Service
"The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BodyGuardOfLies 06 November 2013 13:42
Well you obviously didn't read my ticket which makes a mockery of your quote "The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary".
I am reporting an organised attempt to sell gold to players by organised scammers. I have seen them at work several times in tier 1 games. What they do is turn up in a bot and spam chat with a link to a site offering cheap gold.
To be honest if you are so contemptuous of your customers that you can't even be bothered to read their reports then you deserve to be ripped off but your customers don't.
So I am reopening this ticket in the hope that one of your staff will actually read it. As I stated initially I have a replay if you wish to see it.
By the way I think that there is every chance that your customer services will achieve "legendary" status if you carry on as you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iva Medeiros 06 November 2013 15:26
Hello Tank Commander BodyGuardofLies,
Thank you for contacting us again.
Can you please indicate the name of the player offering gold and/or the advertised website?
If you are not sure please indicate the date and time of the battle so we can investigate.
You can also attach the battle replay following the steps listed in this article: https://na.wargaming...t-an-attachment
We are looking forward to your reply.
Regards,
Iva Medeiros
EU Customer Service Team

BodyGuardOfLies 07 November 2013 04:44
File attached is replay with all the details which you require

=================================================================================================================================================================================================

Miguel Adaephon Del... 08 November 2013 06:17

Hello BodyGuardOfLies,
Thank you for contacting us to report this gold spammer.
I'm sorry that the first answer was not what you were looking for, but thank you for uploading the replay, it has allowed me to do an investigation.
Rest assured, we will take the appropriate measures.
We take our community environment very seriously and therefore are very grateful to players like you who try to make it less toxic. We will beat them one at a time ;)
I would like to add that you should avoid by all means attacking these players as the automatic system will take it into account and the fact that he may be breaking some rules doesn't palliate it. In order to avoid getting a nasty surprise, please refrain from attacking any ally under any circumstances (exception being blue players which are automatically assigned for teamkilling to be able to get rid of them if they keep doing it).
Again, thank you for this report and I wish you the best of luck on the battlefield.
Kind regards,
Miguel Adaephon Delat
EU Customer Service Team

Yes I shot the bot and I would do it again in lieu of positive action from wargaming "I am da law babylon." Judge Dreadlocks

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19412 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Had one yesterday  - I decided to take my MS-1 out for a spin and a T1 match in Provence produced one of these scum.
User name was just a random series of letters, he posted his ad for cheap gold 3 times and then presumably left the battle to take anotherT1 tank out of his garage and do the same to another 29 potential customers.
I clicked on complain to report him. Trouble is what category to use? Spamming? Idle/Bot?.
The other annoying thing is, other than his scamming, he leaves one team a player short.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 10 November 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Seekless #8 Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 10 November 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

The other annoying thing is, other than his scamming, he leaves one team a player short.

Look on the bright side, it's not Tier 10 this happens in  :tongue:

I had the same story when reporting..... they already passed legend with me and are heading straight towards myth

chrzonszczyk #9 Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6183 battles
Those guys simply create new accounts constantly and hope to fool a newbie who simply never read a forum. I dont see any to prevent it, really. Maybe some "screaming" notification when you first create your account in WoT?

Gleb_Reawer #10 Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28806 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Even better would be to have "Only WG sells gold for WoT, no other sites sell legal gold" or something similar with cat sized letters on the log in screen.

Yea, it would annoy us who have played longer, but I don't think that just one warning when creating account would be enough for the newbs to actually remember it.

chrzonszczyk #11 Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6183 battles
Well you could set it as 10 notifications for first 10 days, no need to make it permanent. And the warning could be viewed when you actually log into your account for the first 10 times.

Also tagged with Gold, Sell, Scam, Watch, Out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users