AFK Players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

MrDeXon #1 Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9869 battles
My first Topic and Post here. Hello all :)

I was wondering if there are any ideas or plans to really punish afk players harshly?

What is the matter you ask? Well, mostly afk players are the reason you lose a match. It is really annoying to see top tier tanks doing nothing.
I know some people have connection problems or the computer crashes. This happens to me too.
But I am sure there is an easy way to determine a real afk player. He deosnt move from the beginning of a match, doesnt move for a long periode or at all.
There could be an algorithm that checks the movement of a tank, when he moved, how often he moved and so on. Actually not a big deal I would say.

They must be severely puished and get 1 day bans for just entering a match and not playing. I rather have a bad player than a player that doesnt do ANYTHING.
I tmight sound crazy and exaggerated, but I have no doubt that besides being on a bad team having afk players on your side is the top reason for losing a match.

KawaGreen #2 Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA

View PostMrDeXon, on 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I rather have a bad player than a player that doesnt do ANYTHING.

I have to disagree with that. I rather have a bad player doing nothing than dying in the first few minutes, giving the enemy the courage to push and succeed.
Lots of times I've been in wins where at the end I go: "Oh look we still have a bot in the base".

But I must agree to the rest of your post, afk/botting is bad and should be punished really hard.

kirils_erep #3 Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32625 battles
Easy solution.
ALL tanks at start go in "auto mode" to enemy base! You can stop it only when you control it(touch any button).

GiraffeInATopHat #4 Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What about a working report system to report AFK players that would result in something happening.

TriggerHappy_EU #5 Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5141 battles
I often crash as soon as i get into the battle, so that 'auto mode' is useless. And i wouldnt give AFK'ers free Scout medals

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users