So much win

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

3kilos #1 Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles
I will let the image speak for itself ...
Posted Image
Funny thing is that in the end I could have easily won against enemy T32, T34 and IS3, I was out spotting them all with binocs but had no more APCR and was unable to penetrate them, so I just let them cap the game out.
P.S. Being neg repped for getting almost 1800 base XP game while driving a T6 tank in a T8 game ... seems legit

Edited by 3kilos, 12 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Path64 #2 Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Nice work.
Did you steal Kpts' playbook???    I won't tell

PS fixed the neg

We_Just_Dinged_Em #3 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 17559 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
lol poor old kpt, has he finally found a bigger T6 pro than him? :)

Jigabachi #4 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't get the point of this thread, but... well... gj there.  :great:

Being neg repped for getting almost 1800 base XP game while driving a T6 tank in a T8 game ... seems legit
No, it wasn't me, but to be fair: We don't have a replay. I mean... with that sneaky spotting-who...wh...weasel in your platoon...   :glasses:
edit:
Ok, just for the kids who negrepped me:
1. Kpt is awesome and that just was a joke.
2. C'mon, let's be fair. Bragging with a match like that is always questionable as it mostly is a combination of good platoon (Good spotter), stupid enemies, advanced silver ammo and beautiful bushes. And a tiny bit of luck. That's why I mentioned the replay.
But still: I was completely serious with that "gj". That's a lot of damage. No need to negrep me for a honest opinion.

Edited by Jigabachi, 13 November 2013 - 12:57 AM.

MadGunna #5 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11099 battles
  • [G0T] G0T

View PostJigabachi, on 12 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Is it not obvious? Bragging rights man. Half the reason I go to WoT related forums is to brag about awesome games.

3kilos #6 Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 12 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

No, it wasn't me, but to be fair: We don't have a replay. I mean... with that sneaky spotting-who...wh...weasel in your platoon...   :glasses:
edit:
Ok, just for the kids who negrepped me:
1. Kpt is awesome and that just was a joke.
2. C'mon, let's be fair. Bragging with a match like that is always questionable as it mostly is a combination of good platoon (Good spotter), stupid enemies, advanced silver ammo and beautiful bushes. And a tiny bit of luck. That's why I mentioned the replay.
But still: I was completely serious with that "gj". That's a lot of damage. No need to negrep me for a honest opinion.
Getting almost 1800 base XP I think it would be obvious that I also did some spotting for myself, you don't get so much XP only by shooting already spotted targets ... I though this should be obvious for anyone playing the game at a half decent level  :hiding:  
And yeah I had a good game and I wanted to share it with you, is that so wrong ?
I can sent replay if you want to, just PM me pls.
P.S. And yes the enemy has to be stupid but you also have to be in a position to take advantage of that stupidity ...
Also removed the neg rep from you ... anyone should be entitled to its own opinion neg reps should be saved for forum trolls in my opinion.

Edited by 3kilos, 13 November 2013 - 10:23 AM.

3kilos #7 Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostWe_Just_Dinged_Em, on 12 November 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

lol poor old kpt, has he finally found a bigger T6 pro than him? :)
He is still master of T6 ... I am just following on this steps :P

Edited by 3kilos, 13 November 2013 - 10:20 AM.

shaermon #8 Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37838 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22
If only I was ever half as good at spotting, but I just have to press that fire button.

Best I have managed recently has been this:

Spoiler                     

Hippopotamus_Rex #9 Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20607 battles
  • [ETOH] ETOH
As I told you yesterday, I consider similar games seal clubbing. ;) From the one side it IS awesome to play such game with T6 against T8, but on the other hand it requires inexperienced opponents, barely aware of game mechanics (spotting, camo, drawing square range, etc...), maps, vehicle's setups and basic tactics, often lacking intelligence and having bad crews. This slightly diminishes the sense of achievement, at least for me (it is still pleasant though...).

However, as said before, you still have to be good to fully exploit enemies bad sides. I simply find it much more worthy to beat somewhat skilled opponent.

shaermon #10 Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37838 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 13 November 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

inexperienced opponents, barely aware of game mechanics (spotting, camo, drawing square range, etc...), maps, vehicle's setups and basic tactics, often lacking intelligence and having bad crews.

I'm going to snip this bit out of context, but I feel this describes tier 10 games all too well. There the margins of error just get even smaller and individual mistakes are more costly to the team as a whole.

Hippopotamus_Rex #11 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20607 battles
  • [ETOH] ETOH
Still in Tier 10 proportions are different, you have more green (and up) players, and less reds, on average. They all are there, and you are right that individual performance is even more important, but still average skill level is slightly higher. Crews are also better most of the time, and platoons rule the game, it is usually harder to beat players in platoon, even if they are "only" average players, than the same skilled players playing solo.

I admit though, that lately I rarely visit higher tiers, so maybe it has changed and red sea is common everywhere in the same degree.

Edited by Hippopotamus_Rex, 13 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Stal1878 #12 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16762 battles
  • [WARW] WARW
Did you get that medal for killing X number of tanks 2 tiers higher than you?

I had a similar game in my T-34/85 and got that medal :)

3kilos #13 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 13 November 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Still in Tier 10 proportions are different, you have more green (and up) players, and less reds, on average. They all are there, and you are right that individual performance is even more important, but still average skill level is slightly higher. Crews are also better most of the time, and platoons rule the game, it is usually harder to beat players in platoon, even if they are "only" average players, than the same skilled players playing solo.
I admit though, that lately I rarely visit higher tiers, so maybe it has changed and red sea is common everywhere in the same degree.
I also play TX on my other account frequently, TX games are fun but more difficult to carry, overall I feel I have the same skill in T5-TX the only difference is that high tiers are much more depended on platoons and OP tanks compared with mid tiers where most of the tanks are balanced, also high tier games tend to me more strategic in nature with lots of camping and waiting for the enemy to do the first mistake while T6-8 games are much more tactically and dynamic and this suits my play style best since I am a pretty aggressive player(as you already know). And since I usually like to play only TX medium tanks and usually play TX solo ... well carrying in tX is out of the question for me.

Edited by 3kilos, 13 November 2013 - 12:22 PM.

3kilos #14 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostStal1878, on 13 November 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Did you get that medal for killing X number of tanks 2 tiers higher than you?

I had a similar game in my T-34/85 and got that medal :)

Yes I did :)

Hippopotamus_Rex #15 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20607 battles
  • [ETOH] ETOH

View Post3kilos, on 13 November 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I also play TX on my other account frequently, TX games are fun but more difficult to carry, overall I feel I have the same skill in T5-TX the only difference is that high tiers are much more depended on platoons and OP tanks compared with mid tiers where most of the tanks are balanced, also high tier games tend to me more strategic in nature with lots of camping and waiting for the enemy to do the first mistake while T6-8 games are much more tactically and dynamic and this suits my play style best since I am a pretty aggressive player(as you already know). And since I usually like to play only TX medium tanks and usually play TX solo ... well carrying in tX is out of the question for me.

Well, I think it is fair assessment, that's why for solo playing for pleasure I usually pick Tier 7. For me it is best (from average choice I have) balanced right now, maybe some Tier 7 meds could use slight buffs and it would be better without premium ammo, but even with sprem it seems okish. At least good enough to have fun. Soloing on other tiers bring me more frustration than fun, so I tend to avoid them, especially lately.

3kilos #16 Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 13 November 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Well, I think it is fair assessment, that's why for solo playing for pleasure I usually pick Tier 7. For me it is best (from average choice I have) balanced right now, maybe some Tier 7 meds could use slight buffs and it would be better without premium ammo, but even with sprem it seems okish. At least good enough to have fun. Soloing on other tiers bring me more frustration than fun, so I tend to avoid them, especially lately.

Just to put things into perspective, just checked my other acc where I only play TX, i have around 3200 WN8 at tier TX lately, and here with my new acc on T6 also 3200+ ... so what I though is true, my skills is just about the same at all tiers, its just the fact that TX games are much more different and your role is not so important than T6-7 games ...

Hippopotamus_Rex #17 Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20607 battles
  • [ETOH] ETOH
I have no doubt you are good player, better than me, I saw how you play. But for me it's not only matter of results and hard statistical data.

Stats is one thing, and fun&satisfaction from game is another. I personally have less and less fun from playing higher tiers, simply too many things annoy me. I just realized I am not so interested what new game-breaking monstrosities you can find on fresh tops of the trees to bait people into spending money to get them fast and "pwn" before they are "balanced"...

3kilos #18 Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostHippopotamus_Rex, on 13 November 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have no doubt you are good player, better than me, I saw how you play. But for me it's not only matter of results and hard statistical data.
Stats is one thing, and fun&satisfaction from game is another. I personally have less and less fun from playing higher tiers, simply too many things annoy me. I just realized I am not so interested what new game-breaking monstrosities you can find on fresh tops of the trees to bait people into spending money to get them fast and "pwn" before they are "balanced"...
That's why you need to join me while grinding my T5-6 right now :-) gonna have T7 soon but not until I get 6th sense on crews ... I don't want to go into high tiers blind as a bat, you can manage without 6th sense in T6 but above that its not really recommended.

Edited by 3kilos, 13 November 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Taika_Apina #19 Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43006 battles
If this was done without shooting any premium ammo then it would have been impressive. I'm sorry but getting high damage scores even in bottom tier when using premium ammo is nothing to brag about.

shaermon #20 Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37838 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

View PostTaika_Apina, on 13 November 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

If this was done without shooting any premium ammo then it would have been impressive. I'm sorry but getting high damage scores even in bottom tier when using premium ammo is nothing to brag about.

Pretty hard not to use those last 4 pieces of apcr when you run out of ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users