Anyone remember "Wings" from Cinemaware...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Zaberish #1 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13110 battles
  • [PEOPL] PEOPL
Hello!

If anyone of you remember old classic game from Amiga named "Wings", then you may be interested in information that on Kickstarter just recently (on Sunday) was started project of reviving this fantastic title for modern computers - there is even a short (5 missions) demo of it available for download, so you can get a glimpse of the full game.

I am not in any way affiliated with the creator of the original game (Cinemaware), I am just a big fan of "Wings" and so I'd like to ask you for some help - any contribution counts and is important, especially considering the fact that there is no good game in World War I timeline (at least I don't know one - sorry).

I am not posting any links here, because I don't know if it is forbidden or not - Google will help you to find all information and links you may need :)

I sincerely hope that I am not breaking any forum rules with this post, but if yes, then I hope that moderators will not ban me - please, inform me if this post is not allowed here, I will delete it then or edit it appropriately.

Best regards,
Zaberish

PS.
Sorry if my English is not flawless, but it's not my native language.
Zab.

aGentleTanker #2 Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
No didn't have an Amiga - but a Remake of some origin games would be great:
Wings of Glory
Strike Commander

battlecry123 #3 Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9953 battles
I had wings also had Battle Of Britain,m4 Sherman,F16 Fighting Falcon,!942,Abrahms ,apache etc most of the sims  for cars,planes and tanks and I also had Silent Service

Zaberish #4 Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13110 battles
  • [PEOPL] PEOPL
@aGentleTanker: Yes, that would be amazing - I remember though that flying my Sopwith in "Wings of Glory" was a real pain, I just couldn't get it fully controllable for some reason :) And "Strike Commander" was just awesome, I remember that it was even reissued on CD with more planes and more missions - and for the time visuals in "Strike Commander" were absolutely amazing!

Superlarsson #5 Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9323 battles
  • [RIP_G] RIP_G
I remember that game, I played the hell out of it on my Amiga 600. I wansn't very good at it though, what with: no manual, not understanding english very well and generally not very good with video games :)

Interesting that it is getting revived in a Kickstarted, however I think the nostalgia-games are best left in the past, where they can't get ruined :)

Zaberish #6 Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13110 battles
  • [PEOPL] PEOPL

View PostSuperlarsson, on 30 November 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I remember that game, I played the hell out of it on my Amiga 600. I wansn't very good at it though, what with: no manual, not understanding english very well and generally not very good with video games :)
Interesting that it is getting revived in a Kickstarted, however I think the nostalgia-games are best left in the past, where they can't get ruined :)
I can't fully agree with you, as some of nostalgia games that were revived recently are very good and have much of their ancestors' atmosphere :)
And maybe you will try the new "Wings", as it already is funded - 6 days before the end of the campaign :D
EDIT:
Ah, I forgot: there's a technological (but playable) demo of the remastered edition - you can find a link on Kickstarter page of the project!

Edited by Zaberish, 04 December 2013 - 01:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users