Come on SerB, you can do it!

I'd pay gold to see that!

World Of What Players?

How terrible  :trollface:

IAMWraith #102 Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29309 battles
Heh, the funny thing is, lately I haven't been able to play, so all my tokens (7500) are now gone, I presume.
I wanted to activate the premium right before the release, but it seems I got [edited]. Now I won't get anything, just 2 toyplanes in WoWp, now that's some [edited] up thing,,,
Not to mention, they couldn't give the tokens to you in sheer gold, so that you can use it as you feel?
I don't like to play with premium account, give me back my 7500 tokens, in gold!
I believe I played your games for a pretty long time now, not to mention, I am not a freeleecher,
you guys at WG can't even do simple things like being nice to your customers?!
That's basically why all WG games are.... Well, you know what I mean, that's just soo nice really, I am losing even more 'respect' in you guys!  :angry:

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 November 2013 - 06:07 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

sgtsharp #103 Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2182 battles
WG, you have two options now, one give up on all games apart from WoT and ensure that WT doesn't beat you at your own game, or move onto WoWS quickly. WoWP has been destroyed by WT, abandon it, you will probably lose money on it.

Homer_J #104 Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostImahara, on 15 November 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Heh, the funny thing is, lately I haven't been able to play, so all my tokens (7500) are now gone, I presume.I wanted to activate the premium right before the release,

Unused tokens were supposedly converted to premium automatically so you should be fine.

DidloTheMasterBator #105 Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29978 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
Give me a type 59 and i'll play it.

lcDumbPeople #106 Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26520 battles
  • [-A-A-] -A-A-

View Postammarmar, on 13 November 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Thanks for the 3 free airplanes, though I was not the most dedicated Alpha Tester  :hiding:

BTW guys, since gold is shared between WoT and WoWP, you might want to do the WoWP tutorial - it takes few minutes and you get 75 gold free for WoT. Not much, but free  :smile:

WOW. A 1€ Bonus. How generous! I might have tried for a month of free premium

Ghettoforce #107 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10395 battles
  • [BWR] BWR

View PostImahara, on 15 November 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Heh, the funny thing is, lately I haven't been able to play, so all my tokens (7500) are now gone, I presume.
I wanted to activate the premium right before the release, but it seems I got [edited]. Now I won't get anything, just 2 toyplanes in WoWp, now that's some [edited] up thing,,,
If you had tokens they have been automatically transfered in the maximum amount of premium time you could buy with them when the game went life. So you haven;'t lost them at all.

Premium account for remaining tokens
If for some reason you didn’t manage to use up all the tokens that you earned during OBT before release, don’t worry – they are not lost. Instead, rather than have them go to waste, they will be automatically converted into Premium playing time. You can already do this on your own right now, to buy or extend your Premium Account for use in both World of Warplanes and World of Tanks. Come release time, the game will automatically use your tokens to purchase and add as much premium time as possible to your Wargaming account. Accounts with less than 250 tokens will be rounded up and given one additional day of Premium playing time.
Source: http://worldofwarpla...e-wipe-details/

Princess_Patricia #108 Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11165 battles
:D this topic is so funny, im sure its no what devs where hoping for..

Agree with rest about wowp - it failed long before release. Only thing that can save it is if wowp is combined with wot before WT is combined with GF

HassLappen #109 Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18238 battles

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 14 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

[/size]
P.S.: WT is client-calculated, so anyone can cheat. WoWP is server-calculated (like WoT) and you cannot cheat unless you hack the WG mainframe.
That's complete [edited], even for your standards Techno.
In terms of cheat protection WET is just as safe as WoT/WoWP. The only difference is that WT uses a synchronized client-server model, enabling it to have steering controls without any kind of delay.

Edited by Neilloss46, 19 November 2013 - 07:35 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

gwichy #110 Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13031 battles
I haven't played WoWP since the alpha testing and have not any intention of doing so, for the planes I'll go with WT. Shame, you should have left the plane games to professional and developped World of Warship instead, I would have been playing it all night ...

Riddleman #111 Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3347 battles
  • [W42] W42

View Postarbenowskee, on 14 November 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

its not a bad game per se, but is severely lacking in places.
I like the arcade flight model better than WTs arcade flight model (that one feels like flying UFOs - with pilot passing out if you pull too many G's. what kind of stupid crap is that in a ARCADE? ffs), I like simple interface better than WTs. I like the tech tree and progress, but currently game is seriously unbalanced because of BnZ tactics that heavy fighters can pull. Ground attack planes are pointless and boring, losing by points is sooooooo rare. There should be more easier ground targets and if all of them die, game should be lost. WTs concept of only crits no HP works better for planes than wowps HP system.
I played enough battles to get CBT planes and 33 days of premium, but I guess this it for a while. I like WOT better but what I am mostly waiting for is WOWS, probably because of my days of navyfield (which I guess alot of WOT devs played as well).
I agree. I play both WoWp and WT daily. In WT the controls just work immediately after first install. In WoWp I had to read in several different places about how the different mouse control schemes work. It wasn't until I configured my own mouse control setup that I could get my plane fly intuitively (similar to WT). Now both games work just fine for me and give me the amusement I look for when wanting to play a flying game. I like WoWp better because you only have one life (plane) and really need to make the best out of it in order to have your team win the match. In WT players have several planes and could allow them selves to become careless with their planes. Any experienced player can decide to ram my plane if they see it as a good trade, because they can get back into the same game again immediately. I don't like that. The first few days after WoWp launched it was really terrible to play at the lower tiers since a lot of people didn't understand that they should try to stay alive. In WoWp, when the noob wave has passed it can be really cool dog fights. WoWp is on the right track. It's a good flight combat game for those that take the time to learn how to fly in it. It is not as easy for the beginners as WT is.

PennyBlack #112 Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1821 battles
I've been playing World of Tanks for some time with home made custom tank skins. I shall try this World of Warplanes and see what its like. Personally, I really want to try World of Warships. Having all three to choose from at some point in the future is going to be like Christmas every time I log in.
I'll have to see what the skins are like for sure... I love to customise.

Maitojuna #113 Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51666 battles
  • [LELU] LELU
Wargaming is becoming a major player in the industry, you just have to get the quality management under control before the WoWS launch.

22cm #114 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY
WG, please don t screw up with WoWS as you did with WoWP!

22cm #115 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View Postlieliskais_Mareks, on 16 November 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

:D this topic is so funny, im sure its no what devs where hoping for..
+1!

22cm #116 Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26193 battles
  • [YARLY] YARLY

View PostRiddleman, on 17 November 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

I like WoWp better because you only have one life (plane) and really need to make the best out of it in order to have your team win the match.
Actually, this is why I am starting to hate WoT. A player should be rewarded for what he does, not for what his red-name, no-english-speaking  siemka team does. Even in a lost battle, the Soviet NKVD used to shoot only the deserters, the good soldiers were decorated and recompensed!

Scorchijs #117 Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6055 battles
One thing I really dislike is how the dogfights in WoWp often end up in a boring circling contest, where both planes fly in a circle, unable to shoot the other one, but unable to fly away as that would result in the other guy filling you with holes. There is also the HP system to consider. It takes a lot of tension out of the fight. For example, I see a nearly dead enemy. He has 10 HP left while I have 90 HP. That means the win is pretty much mine, since he won't be able to kill me by the time I kill them. It becomes a pure numbers game.

In WT, however, things are different. Airplanes of various nations do handle differently. If you're flying a US plane you do not want to have a circling fight with a Brittish plane, since his turn radius is much more better than yours and he will easily line up his sights. Same thing when fighting against US aircraft. You do not get into a diving game with them. The only time when I had a circling match was when me and my opponent were flying identical planes. However, because of the several planes per fight mode, there is always someone nearby who will intervene and disrupt the circling.

Furthermore, the no HP system, while frustrating at times (when you pilot is taken out by a single round) is also immensely exciting at the same time. It doesn't matter what kind of a plane the other guy is flying, he still has a chance to take you out. WT makes you think about positioning and maneuvering. You always try to figure out how to take out your enemy while staying in his sights for as little as possible, because a single burst can turn your badass fighter plane into a flaming wreck.

Either way, I prefer WT as it forces you to plan ahead and think, not just charge in with guns blazing. WoWp it just too arcady.

synq666 #118 Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11201 battles
  • [Y-T-T] Y-T-T
If you lot dont like WoWP then just dont play it. you bi*** and moan its a free game. If you think you can do better do it or just shut up my god!

KodrutZ #119 Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25955 battles
  • [TB-RO] TB-RO

View Postsynq666, on 19 November 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

If you lot dont like WoWP then just dont play it. you bi*** and moan its a free game. If you think you can do better do it or just shut up my god!

WoT is also free and it's much better, by the same company. I see no problem with that. You win some, you lose some. There's no perfect company in this world. Tried a few matches in WoWP today again. I just can't stand it. I got some premium planes for my bunch of matches in beta. Can't enjoy a single one. As someone said above, it all ends up in a circling contest. More than that, it's a circling contest that doesn't just feel natural at all. Handling and speeds/altitudes are all completely unnatural.

Terran_wrath #120 Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19529 battles
  • [READ] READ

View Postsynq666, on 19 November 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Oh, I don't moan anymore since WoWp gave ma tons of free XP for WoT already. But don't expect me to put any effort in WoWp... I just kamikaze into planes and toy around. I just see it as a source for free xp. that's about it. I even tend to be afk much since I often run it while watching movies(which are more interesting often enuff)

As the guy above me stated... the game feels like trash. And as such it has to be played.:smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users