How low can you go/what can I do against ragers?

rage penalty?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

vliegerken2 #1 Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24203 battles
  • [EWC] EWC
So, me and some clan mates were playing the game last night.
on a certain point, we got to play against a guy who's name I apperantly may not say...
we lost the battle, but my budy killed him. After the game, he started a rage against my bud.
Maybe I should have stayed out of the matter, but he also started raging against the clan etc...
So i just send him one pm with: Reported for insult and provocation. screenshots made. Please, gtfo.
(Wich ofc pissed him of more). he kept raging for half an hour more, and then I just added him to the ignore list.
But it got me wondering.. what if this happens again,
can i then make screenshots In hope he gets a penalty?
Or is it just a lost battle right from the start?
Cuz I find it silly that you have to keep moaning 30minutes after a game (wich you won!) about how bad you think som1 is.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_088.jpg   110.53K

Edited by vliegerken2, 14 November 2013 - 10:31 PM.

aGentleTanker #2 Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21043 battles
Well i usually troll them - and they rage even more and more and more
you wouldn't believe how much a simple just repeating "you noob" causes to them ....
recently i hit even one weakspot by saying:
"your mama is sure very proud of you having such a  big mouth - likely just online I guess"
he answered a whole novel to that...

Edited by aGentleTanker, 14 November 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Pandabird #3 Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
watch angry german kid on youtube.

basin79 #4 Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Edit your post. Naming and shaming will just get you band.

GiraffeInATopHat #5 Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If someone rages against me I just enrage them more using comments like "if I am such a noob what are you then, I did kill you so that makes you a even bigger noob". Trolling them until they go away is fun. :smile:

Statpadderer #6 Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24898 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
"U mad bro?" usually helps, too.

Westonbirt #7 Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18139 battles
I used to be quite aggressive with ragers, but recently I've tried to be more conciliatory and calm. Keep a stiff upper lip, and don't overdo it. Not saying it's always easy, but it's the best thing to do.

Doesn't mean I don't call people out. People who keep whining are whiny, if they begin to point fingers they are b*tches and if they are arrogant and over the top they are c*nts. Not too audacious, not too aggressive. You need not lose your sh*t, the rager is already doing it on the other side.

porta27batt #8 Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15753 battles
Being very polite back to them can be good fun. It worked a treat on some XVM stat fixated idiot that I'd just obliterated with the derp gun on my SU 152. He'd spent the first minute slagging off everyone on my team and most of his own team as no hoper noobs that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag,telling them and us, to uninstall and play Tetris etc. then he charged across Campinovka on his own in a Hellcat and got tracked, right in front of my derp gun. Well, it would have rude not to kill him wouldn't it, so I did. He started off by calling me a f***ing gold noob hacker, then got very personal and pathetic when I typed " OOOPS  :wink:  ". He really blew a fuse and threw his toys out of his pram when his own team mates started telling him to STFU for spamming the map. I then typed, " I say old chap, if I've I done something to upset you in any way, I'm really most awfully sorry." To say he went ballistic is an understatement, I was still laughing fit to burst when I got killed just before the end of the battle about 10 minutes or so later and he was still raging. It was just a pity I didn't have record switched on.

_Antipathy #9 Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
Posted Image

Thorgardson #10 Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11423 battles
I always write that your tears are like sweet golden nectar for me.  :trollface:

Trollin1 #11 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2464 battles
It took you half an hour to block him? Hmmm ... you're a little overly concerned with random nobodies insults. It would have taken mere seconds to ignore him and carry on with your game/life.

stoofy1974 #12 Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9987 battles
Ahhh - the ragers - as a self-confessed noob at times - mainly due to age and hangovers along with some quite sterling trotterhands - this is something i have had on a few occassions. From " kill stealing" ( wtf? if you werent fannying about it would not happen), camping ( total lack of knowledge about TDs and the flanking manouvre) - the list goes on.

Generally I find them all to be Johhny Foreigner - a swift reminder that you are British should suffice. Obviously the nature of this depends on the type of foreigner wallah you may be addressing. If they be French remind them they owe us, German then thank them for being the butt of all jokes for 60 or so years, Belgian advise that you do feel sorry for them as people think they are French, Eastern European - thank for their assistance and point out that Churchill did not abandon them just the Uncle Joe Stalin was nearer and our lads were having a whale of a time with the german bier und fraus - which continues to this day ( see BAOR and following). if you are unlucky enough to meet an American thank him for turning up to the battle on time - something that they singularly failed to do for the last couple of big jaunts!! And then remind him that it is ENGLISH and that he probably does not have a passport and is 37 and living in his mother's basement/attic ( delete applicable).

If you are unlucky enough not to be British then please come and join us - we are a truly multicultural society who like curry and the odd sherbet.

Now ragers and hater do behave like good little boys and carry on with a nice bit of warfare - we the British have been at it for years and are really good at it.

Toodle pip

(for anyone that does not realise that this is totally tongue in cheek rest assured it is - the point i was trying to put across is that raging is a wee bit pointless especially when you yourself are probably far from perfect - peace out enjoy the game and kill in harmony!)

F_U_C_K_M_E_M_O_R_E #13 Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32476 battles
in-game i usually reply  a french proverb:

The spit of the toad doesn't reach the white dove

Never got a reply, i gues they're trying to understand it  :trollface:

elFred #14 Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24043 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA

View PostDouble_Eagle, on 03 December 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

in-game i usually reply  a french proverb:

The spit of the toad doesn't reach the white dove

Never got a reply, i gues they're trying to understand it  :trollface:

I'm french and I don't get it either  :trollface:

IMNSHO venting in game does nothing (I'm prone to do so either cause I did suck a lot or I expected too much from my team) but a private channel to another player should be rewarded by a ban.

@stoofy1974 I did learn long ago that nothing of some value can come of a marmite eater and warm beer drinker but don't trust me as I grown a taste for jellied eels 10 years ago ;)

psst : toodle-oo ;)

stoofy1974 #15 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9987 battles
Nowt wrong with marmite and the odd warm beer matey!!!! (beats the chuff out of jellied eels!!)

porta27batt #16 Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15753 battles

View PostelFred, on 03 December 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

I'm french and I don't get it either  :trollface:

IMNSHO venting in game does nothing (I'm prone to do so either cause I did suck a lot or I expected too much from my team) but a private channel to another player should be rewarded by a ban.

@stoofy1974 I did learn long ago that nothing of some value can come of a marmite eater and warm beer drinker but don't trust me as I grown a taste for jellied eels 10 years ago ;)

psst : toodle-oo ;)

Ooooh, that's a bit much, coming from a cheese eating surrender monkey   :hiding:  ( said with tongue firmly wedged in cheek )  

@ stoofy1974, Total agreement on the jellied eels, and I'm a Londoner. Marmite's lovely though, even the Spanish like it ( I live in the Canary islands now  :glasses: , great weather crap internet, at least that's my excuse for being crap at WoT)

elFred #17 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24043 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA

View Postporta27batt, on 04 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ooooh, that's a bit much, coming from a cheese eating surrender monkey   :hiding:  ( said with tongue firmly wedged in cheek )  

@ stoofy1974, Total agreement on the jellied eels, and I'm a Londoner. Marmite's lovely though, even the Spanish like it ( I live in the Canary islands now  :glasses: , great weather crap internet, at least that's my excuse for being crap at WoT)

That's so murrrican of you !

You sure your not living in Texico or some strange redneck country ?

:trollface:

stoofy1974 #18 Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9987 battles
Bless you dear boy - whilst you may be of the continental persuasion i am sure that there is no excuse to involve our former colonial cousins - i mean what next i ask you? Fitting awful autoloaders to your eggshell armoured tanks??

Muzikants #19 Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17884 battles
Sometimes Im the rager too  :teethhappy:

Effing_Drako #20 Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26997 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Listen to music(^)

Also tagged with rage, penalty?