One video to summarize my WoT experience

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Taika_Apina #1 Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43006 battles
So yeah I always seem to forget the fact that when you play with random players it doesn't make a difference whether you have good players on your team or not. 95% of the time when you try to help them and expect them to be reasonable enough and also help you, this happens:

I should have lost all hope in WoT players at this point but I refuse to give up. I know that there are some players with brains also and when you finally get them in your team and you work as a team it's the best feeling ever.

I just wanted to make this video because this keeps happening to me at least 10 times a day. For some reason most of the players seem to suffer from dementia. They seem to become absolutely oblivious of enemy tanks as soon as they stop to engaging them for 5 seconds.

Now tell me what kind of player behavior gets you frustrated in WoT?

DiMtopia #2 Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14439 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM
if you're mad about this then your standards are too high.

that IS-7 indeed made a big mistake and let you die, but at least he went on to engage another enemy. he tried to be active and help the team to the best of his (limited) abilities.

it's a big improvement over the guys with heavy tanks hiding behind arty yelling "spot for me".
or the tier 4 light tanks in a tier 8 match that say "f*ck mm" then proceed to hide in a corner and sign out.
or the tanks equipped with the horribly inaccurate derps that sit 500 meters away from the enemy and want to snipe him.
or the ones that rush the enemy in the first 30 seconds spamming the SOS button and after they die they spend the remaining battle in chat cursing everybody for not offering support.

there are so many players doing really stupid things that the guy on that IS-7 actually looks decent :)

Kdingo #3 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31984 battles
Sniping with herp derp guns actually works since 8.6, the only drawback for those guns is the crap slow shell speed hitting moving targets is kinda tricky :)

Taika_Apina #4 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43006 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 16 November 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

if you're mad about this then your standards are too high.

that IS-7 indeed made a big mistake and let you die, but at least he went on to engage another enemy. he tried to be active and help the team to the best of his (limited) abilities.

it's a big improvement over the guys with heavy tanks hiding behind arty yelling "spot for me".
or the tier 4 light tanks in a tier 8 match that say "f*ck mm" then proceed to hide in a corner and sign out.
or the tanks equipped with the horribly inaccurate derps that sit 500 meters away from the enemy and want to snipe him.
or the ones that rush the enemy in the first 30 seconds spamming the SOS button and after they die they spend the remaining battle in chat cursing everybody for not offering support.

there are so many players doing really stupid things that the guy on that IS-7 actually looks decent :)

Yeah the difference is that I never expect those kind of players to be useful at all. It's just when you have teammates actually there fighting with you who suddenly lose all blood flow to their brain and leave you alone. That's what kills a small part of me every time. Because I see that the potential is there but they just fail to act in the right way.

In the case of this particular IS-7 player my guess is that he hadn't gotten the kills needed to complete the daily mission yet and rushed to kill the the E-50M because he realized that there was a chance to get an easy kill there. But this kind of selfish behavior from people who are actually capable of turning the hull and the turret at the same time is what frustrates me the most. The stuff I see brain dead idiots like what you described there do makes me just angry.

DiMtopia #5 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14439 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View PostKdingo, on 16 November 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Sniping with herp derp guns actually works since 8.6, the only drawback for those guns is the crap slow shell speed hitting moving targets is kinda tricky :)

it might work in the hands of a skilled marksman. those that usually park their kv-1 tank on a hill and start sniping are in most cases really poor players that use auto-aim (and miss all moving targets).

llVIU #6 Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 37987 battles
  • [TKSPG] TKSPG
you got hit once, ammo racked, and you used repair kit on SOMETHING ELSE.

why don't you show us the part before the vid, before judging others, op

wims80 #7 Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10250 battles

View PostKdingo, on 16 November 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

You *can* snipe with them, but you'd have much better results sniping with a real high velocity gun.

Taika_Apina #8 Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43006 battles

View PostllVIU, on 16 November 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

I used the repair kit on my tracks because I got tracked in a vulnerable position while trying to help our other E-100 take down a 183. Unfortunately i wasn't quite fast enough to pull back behind cover and got hit by a T110E5 in the side of the turret. These things happen. Had I not repaired my track I would have risked getting hit by their E4.

AngelofAwe #9 Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View PostllVIU, on 16 November 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

speaking of judging. i already commented on your comment on the video before reading through the topic.
there you decided to post this, "I'm pretty sure you cut out the first part because you clearly suck hard. Someone shot you once, you used repair kit on something, and yet you are ammo racked".

so you're judging he sucks as a player because he's ammo racked without a repair kit... at the same time as you think he is judging this IS-7 (while providing proof).

well then how about i judge YOU based on some actual facts.
http://www.noobmeter...07F65E9258CBFCA

here you can see an interesting thing... namely that your overall, recent, 7 days, 1000 battles AND 20939 battles pretty much MATCH in performance.
conclusion? you haven't improved even SLIGHTLY in ANY way in your last 20,000 battles.
well done!!

DiMtopia #10 Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14439 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View PostAngelofAwe, on 16 November 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

you haven't improved even SLIGHTLY in ANY way in your last 20,000 battles.
well done!!

actually he hit his peak at around 12k battles and since then he's been going slightly downhill.
Posted Image

llVIU #11 Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 37987 battles
  • [TKSPG] TKSPG
that's the best you can come up with? come on, I'm sure you can make some better personal attacks than that.

but pm me if you do, I won't bother to check this thread again

maybe AngelofAwe is angry because we beat their other clan SRSLY in clan wars

AngelofAwe #12 Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View PostllVIU, on 16 November 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

that's the best you can come up with? come on, I'm sure you can make some better personal attacks than that.

but pm me if you do, I won't bother to check this thread again

maybe AngelofAwe is angry because we beat their other clan SRSLY in clan wars

personal attacks? i'm questioning your behavior but call it what you want.
why would i care if you beat SRSLY? not like it affects me or i would even know about who SRSLY fights.

soolerman #13 Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
OMG he just upped and bogged off on you! Sorry I am  cr*p player. But even I expected  that IS-7 to flank when he pulled back.  :amazed:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users