story storytime sealclubbing tier2 starwars T18 BT2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

MadGunna #1 Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11099 battles
  • [G0T] G0T
There will come a time when you look at the tier 6 and 7 tanks in your garage. It will be after the glamour of the higher tiers has worn off and the reality of the long grind required to advance has set in. The joy and excitement of a driving a fresh new tank is a distant memory and instead now you're dutifully counting the experience required to move up a tier over and over. Perhaps you've just come off a long streak of Tomato teams, or maybe you keep being the one that dies first. Possibly you just don't feel in shape. Whatever the case may be you just can't meet the high standards required to make that higher tier shine. It's not the fault of the tanks themselves. The machines have not changed a bit, each is still uniquely deadly in their own way but they're demanding of you, the commander. So demanding.
Then you remember. The utter lunacy of the lower tiers where barely anyone even knew which way to drive let alone preform complicated feats like angling and side scraping. The lack of pressure to preform, because even on a loss you still made a tidy profit of credits. The sheer awe inspired by a gun that could do over a 100 points of damage. The adrenalin boost of spamming ridiculous amounts of bullets into your hapless target with a machine gun.
Suddenly that tier 2 BT2 is looking really attractive. It only costs you some small change in credits, less than the vents on your tier 7. Really why not buy it? It's hardly any effort to fit on that spare camo net while you're at it.
Reinvigorated by the promise of driving a shiny new tank, you happily press battle. A nostalgia fuelled smile is on your face as you wait for Mines to load. Right at that moment you see a very familiar name in the roster. A name with over 10k battles next to it, driving a T18. From deep within your memories, hate bubbles up. You remember that day, where he and his friends had platooned up, wrecking you and your team of hapless new players before you even realised you were being spotted. The mocking comments he left you with before retreating into the bowels of the dreaded MM. You remember, and you rage.
North spawn. You remain quiet during the countdown, merely informing your teammates you would be capturing the hill. The sealclubber will not know what is waiting for him.
The match starts, it's on. You race up the hill, followed by newbies in awe of your knowledge of the map. Alas, none are as fast as you and you wind up alone on the hilltop. Behind you lie the burning wrecks of two teammates, too slow to make the run before the assembled enemy tore them apart. They are not the only ones on fire. Some fools on the enemy team tried to get in your way. Rather than be cowed by the hasty inaccurate snap shots, you blazed past towards your goal. You killed one that tried to follow with expert peek a boom strategy. The other you tracked, leaving him at the tender mercies of the surviving newbies that followed you. You drive around, kept safe by your knowledge of the camouflage mechanics. The enemy knows you're up there but they cannot see you.
Your quarry remains elusive. You have single handedly bogged down the attackers in the town, they are hopelessly confused by how the shots seem to be coming from two directions. Still no sign. A quick check of the minimap shows most of the enemy are lit up and away from their base, but two remain unseen so far. Perhaps the sealclubber is AFK? After a quick deliberation your finely honed instincts tell you now is the time to press the attack. The town is a ghost town, filled with naught but the dead. In the centre only a few tanks remain, scraping by on their last few hit points. Driving straight off the cliff, a move you only recently learned possible, you descend from the hill and zig zag towards the enemy base. A few shots are fired but they go wide by a mile, the shooter obviously still needs to learn to lead his targets. A newb then. Indeed you only find a UC 2 pounder with barely three dozen battles under his belt. Annoyed you finish the tank off quickly circling him to death.
The only place you have not yet looked is the western island. Your team over there has been wiped out, and someone just started shooting what little tanks there are left in the centre stretch. At least your team cleans up the centre before they all die. You are alone now, not that this has ever deterred you since your well earned Kolobanov's medal.
You finally find your prey.
"We meet again at last." you type.
"You should not have come back." is the response.
"This time I'm the pro." you type rapidly.
"Thus the cycle is complete." is the cryptic response. You are halfway through typing up 'What are you talking about?' when you spot him. He's looking the wrong way! Obviously he expected you to drive back to your base for some reason. You waste no time, slam on the brakes and wait for your sight to settle. The T18 is turning, due to the close range he spotted you as well! You immediately recognise the distinctive shape of the 75mm howitzer. He only needs to hit you once! Your aim shifts, and the shot pierces his tracks and blows them clean off. With a cruel smirk you drive closer, the view of his howitzer wriggling helplessly in the air is the most amusing thing you have seen in ages. He uses a repair kit, but at this range, you are free to shoot his tracks again. Then you kill him, slowly, every other shot ensuring he stays tracked and immobile.
"What were you talking about?" you finish, expertly cycling between chat and combat mode.
"Look at your kill count. It is now you who are the seal clubber. Let the satisfaction of domination flow through you." he types. The remark pierces through your flaming rage like an icy arrow. Horrified you look at your kill count. 8 tanks. 8 newbs, the most experienced of them only a few dozen games under his belt. They didn't stand a chance. None of their shots had even come close to you.
"No." you type, with far less conviction than before.
"Good, good. I can feel your anger. Let the hate flow through you."
You stop typing as you realise, the match has not ended yet. You look up, confused, and then you see it. A single enemy Renault FT is still alive. More than just alive. He has just started to cap! You sneak closer, expertly using bushes and rocks to conceal you. The Renault is in obvious panic, the turret turns frantically left and right. Your reticule hovers over his ammorack.
"Do it. Strike him down and your transformation will be complete."
"Dudes wtf?" the Renault types.
With deliberate slowness, your finger descends. Four times.
"GG"

Edited by MadGunna, 21 November 2013 - 08:00 AM.

K_A #2 Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Nice one :great:

Edited by K_A, 17 November 2013 - 10:47 AM.

steview162 #3 Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34510 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
The story writing is strong with this one, yes.

TheTsunami1 #4 Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [P-O-W] P-O-W
Best story I've read in a while. So good, I read it twice!

BrokenWing #5 Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Welcome to the dark side clubber! We have cookies...

MadGunna #6 Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11099 battles
  • [G0T] G0T

View PostBrokenWing, on 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

GiraffeInATopHat #7 Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBrokenWing, on 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

LeKauz #8 Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8814 battles

View PostBrokenWing, on 20 November 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Are you really surprised that we lied about the cookies? We are the evil ones, right? :glasses:

Edited by LeKauz, 18 December 2013 - 12:51 AM.

IRSanchez #9 Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52859 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Nice story. It reminds me of my own BT-2 times. Back when i played it, it was all about trying to fight those invincible mini maus "players" without premium shells. Good times, especially when I learned to defeat them.

BorkCommando #10 Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21326 battles

Boo_Bee #11 Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Clan Commander

• Clan Commander
  • 43333 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T
Awwwww.... and I was waiting for a happy ending where you let the FT kill you..... :popcorn:

KptStrzyga #12 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Muahahahaha!!! :trollface:

You can say what you want about sealclubbing but every "high tier pro" I played with after his first battle in tier 2 for long time was like: "I really needed it after all these [edited]in tiers X... Just what doctor ordered". 

High tiers are overrated.

Now:

To the battle 4fun! :izmena: 

Edited by KptStrzyga, 12 January 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Darth_Woras #13 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
Dont encounter my Pz. S35 and you'll be fine.

Krogenator #14 Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

I prefer using the Ltraktor, nothing like killing T18 sealclubber in the Ltraktor.When I get a full tier 1 game I sometimes feel a bit bad for the enemy team(unless they also have a sealclubber).

Nice story.

Also tagged with story, storytime, sealclubbing, tier2, starwars, T18, BT2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users