• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Darkwindas #21 Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15131 battles
  • [THG] THG

View PostTazilon, on 24 February 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

Top tier - check(happens really rarely). Crapload of gold ammo spent - check...

How about you take this thing with 75% crew without gold ammo and show similar results? You know that's how majority of population that are grinding the line rather than pimping this specific tank plays.... not everyone is ready to waste 33k credits per match. I swear i have some tier 9-s that cost me less on defeat than this tank costs on win according to this replay.

I am not sure this tank actually deserves to have to be thrown to T8 battles. good luck scouting with your 370 view range against things like borsigs. Oh well 17 games only 5 wins, mastery badge and i already feel the weight of this tank on my soul :).... You are so dependent on your team not sucking that its not even funny, but that's the way of life with scouts.

Boomer7 #22 Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9439 battles
  • [BM] BM

I think throwing gold at it is not the right hint to give someone new to the Panzer 38nA.

It has been ages since I had the fortune to drive one (and I am not really missing it), but from the comments seems it is a s useless as it was then.

My idea would be mount binos and cammonet on it, scout and as soon as its elite, transfer the equipment and crew to a useable vehicle.

Tazilon #23 Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostDarkwindas, on 10 March 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Top tier - check(happens really rarely). Crapload of gold ammo spent - check...

How about you take this thing with 75% crew without gold ammo and show similar results? You know that's how majority of population that are grinding the line rather than pimping this specific tank plays.... not everyone is ready to waste 33k credits per match. I swear i have some tier 9-s that cost me less on defeat than this tank costs on win according to this replay.

I am not sure this tank actually deserves to have to be thrown to T8 battles. good luck scouting with your 370 view range against things like borsigs. Oh well 17 games only 5 wins, mastery badge and i already feel the weight of this tank on my soul :).... You are so dependent on your team not sucking that its not even funny, but that's the way of life with scouts.

I have 69,000,000 or so in my bank, I don't care about spending some on my 38nA.  Why would I go back to 75% crew?  That is just silly.  I've maintained a 57-60% WR on this tank ever since I bought it.

Darkwindas #24 Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15131 battles
  • [THG] THG

View PostTazilon, on 11 March 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

I have 69,000,000 or so in my bank, I don't care about spending some on my 38nA.  Why would I go back to 75% crew?  That is just silly.  I've maintained a 57-60% WR on this tank ever since I bought it.

I thought this thread was about average joes who does not want to make this tank in pimpmobile. Those are people who do not have pre-trained light crew which they can drop in the tank straight of the bat, who would not throw away gold to train crew to 100% just for meager 20k exp grind, considering there are no more lights in any lines that this tank leads. If you want to show that this tank is so great you should do this under circumstances 95% of people who play this tank would have it. I mean there is reason why getting mastery badge in this gnome is so bloody easy. It is because under average joe circumstances there is pain in the arse to get good games with it. To have decent scout games you need to have good crew and understanding of the map. Lacking any of those leads to people just running into the enemies and suiciding at the start of the game - hence very low mastery badge exp ceiling.

Also gold spamming is lame, and tanks that need to relay on gold spamming to be competitive, are shoddy designed.

Tazilon #25 Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostDarkwindas, on 12 March 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I thought this thread was about average joes who does not want to make this tank in pimpmobile. Those are people who do not have pre-trained light crew which they can drop in the tank straight of the bat, who would not throw away gold to train crew to 100% just for meager 20k exp grind, considering there are no more lights in any lines that this tank leads. If you want to show that this tank is so great you should do this under circumstances 95% of people who play this tank would have it. I mean there is reason why getting mastery badge in this gnome is so bloody easy. It is because under average joe circumstances there is pain in the arse to get good games with it. To have decent scout games you need to have good crew and understanding of the map. Lacking any of those leads to people just running into the enemies and suiciding at the start of the game - hence very low mastery badge exp ceiling.

Also gold spamming is lame, and tanks that need to relay on gold spamming to be competitive, are shoddy designed.

As  I said, I have had a 57-60% Win Rate in this since the day I bought it.  

As for PREMIUM rounds (who uses gold for ammo so cal it what it is - PREMIUM ammo), do you use Coated Optics?  Repair kits?  Vents?  Gasoline?  Rammers?   oh - really?   So you DO spend money on your tank to buy the best available equipment you can put on it, right?  I suggest you join the modern world and do the same for ammo and quit whining about other people smart enough to do it.

ollonborre #26 Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16951 battles

The 38 nA is a fantastic little passive scout, and honestly you don't need to spend a lot to achieve great results. It has great base camo value so even with a 75% crew and no equipment passive scouting should still not be a huge problem.

The problem is that the general playerbase find passive scouting boring as hell (I don't), so they refuse to do it, try to use it as an active scout or suicide rush and fail horribly. But if you just slow down and get to learn the basics of passive scouting it is not hard at all and will lead to increased map knowledge, camo knowledge, how the spotting system works and it can also grant you buttloads of XP and credits.

Blastmaster1972 #27 Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2241 battles

I got my "Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker" in the Pz38(Na) yesterday! Quite proud of it! :honoring:

Kind regards,

Jos

yarsun #28 Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24325 battles

Pz. 38t n/a is a great tank. Enough said.

If you're newbie:

- elite tank first, second turret is very important, as it gives huge view range upgrade

- equip it for passive scouting (supposedly you have bad crew in it) binoculars, camonet plus last module is variable - i recommend ventilation, but can be coated optics, can be chassi enhancement for tracks (if you like to move a lot in low tier games), can be spalliner for crew protection ..

- if you dont have money for binocs (as you probably dont) equip at least camonet and ventilation (this is not that expensive setup)

- after your crew reaches 100% train frist camo skill - except driver, i'd use clutch braking, because this tank bleeds speed a lot in turns

- dont use top gun, use only the gun with 62 / 115 penetration, it weights only 100kg - this helps with ton/hp ratio and also this gun has superior aim time and better RoF

- if you're total newbie in tier 8 game, dont expect to be of big help to your team, you can choose 2 possible aproach to game:

1. rush forward to some forward post bush, let kick camonet in and wait ... this is tricky part and you should expect to fail many times, before you get the map knowledge and available bushes - use low tier games to know you maps better

2. hang back and protect arty against enemy scouts, survive safely back first 5 minutes and then help your team in later by harrasing enemy, finish off tanks that you can pen from rear, hunt enemy artillery

All in all, light tanks play is most hardcore in this game generally speaking, so dont be too hard with yourself, if you die in tier 8 game.

For experienced players:

i recommend to buy back this tank after you have experienced crew for it, you have enough money to shoot some gold ammo and use e.g. 105 octane gas.

I currently run this tank with 4skill (each crewmember has 4skills), ventilation, coated optics and tracks enhancement and i use it as totally fun active scout.

With this setup you can hunt other scouts like AMX ELC, you can kill tier 8 heavy tanks and generally be major slap in face of enemy team .. hurt their pride by shooting couple of times rear of some tier 8 heavy, let him get mad, chase you to open and get him killed by your teammmembers ...

Lots of fun, lots of tears, lots of .... 'i can't believe it, the t38 killed me' (lately in chat IS-3 :D) ...

Money wise, i run this tank with zero earning money (but also zero loosing) because i loose money while using gold ammo in tier 8 games, but i earn enough in low tier games to mitigate it.

This tank is simply worth it to come back to it as experienced player and troll the hell out of enemy team.

And if you get tier 4 game ... you're game changing factor .. active scouting, running circles with autoaim on ... 1k dmg games is very positive.

result: tank that you (probably) gladly sell out as newbie, but gladly will buy back as experienced player - and be amazed what actually this tank can do

Grimdorf #29 Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

View PostTazilon, on 26 November 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Don't listen to all the naysayers; the Pz38nA is a great little tank.

Here is a look at it:  http://www.tazilon.n...8nA/Pz38nA.html

And here are 25 YouTubes of it in action: http://www.tazilon.n...Pz38nAHall.html

Personally, I like it much more than the Luchs.

You do realise it is no longer April 1st right?

Baldrickk #30 Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGrimdorf, on 06 May 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

It has better camo than the luchs.

When you run with Prem ammo, the pen is better too.

My tips would be:

to play as many tier III lights as possible before moving onto a tier IV scout.  Move the same crew through these tanks to train them up with at least some camo skill before you move them to tier IV.

Own camo and Binocs.  As you can move them, they are by far the most sound investment you can make for credits.

Use the tier V games to expore the maps and learn to scout before you throw yourself in at the deep end with a tier IV dedicated scout.

Because you (probably) haven't played any higher tiers yet, have a look at the higher tiered tanks you will be facing to get an idea of the opposition before you meet them (wiki etc)

Look at Taz's map guides.

One thing I dislike seeing is a scout who has no idea what they are doing.  I'm sure many others feel the same way.  I do however recognise that everyone has to start somewhere, so if a new scout player asks for advice during the count-down as I used to, I will endevour to help him - recommend bushes etc. I'm sure others will do the same, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Tazilon #31 Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostGrimdorf, on 06 May 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

May 12th.  I like the Pz38nA much more than the Luchs.

Orkbert #32 Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27606 battles
Also when comparing with the Luchs don't forget that the 38nA has the better radio: 550m vs 455m means that some more campers will be able to exploit your spots (and thus will give you spotting damage XP)

Baldrickk #33 Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostOrkbert, on 13 May 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Also when comparing with the Luchs don't forget that the 38nA has the better radio: 550m vs 455m means that some more campers will be able to exploit your spots (and thus will give you spotting damage XP)

It's stealthier too.

I don't think the gun is an argument for it though. The luchs has it as an option.

Edited by Baldrickk, 13 May 2014 - 07:59 AM.

soolerman #34 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
When I had this tank I played it as a passive scout most of the time. That or I would go after the arty.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users