French Tank Tree Wtf?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

sgt_steiner #1 Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9606 battles
why the devil are we getting a french tank tree when the obvious choices would be British first or Italian?

the French were out WW2 in the first round (as would us Brits have been if it were not for the fact we are an island), where as us Brits were there till the end and italy were around in some capacity on both sides of the axis allies divide,
i freely admit that British tanks were often seen as "inferior" but so were USA tanks, i believe this was so because these country's had no genuine battlefield test ground for tanks unlike Germany and Russia who were slugging it out big time which allowed for proper in the field feedback,

the French tank tree is filled with tanks that were never more than drawings or test subjects from pre-war and a few (which were actualy good tanks but used with terrible tactics)

Britian has a whole list of tanks that were actualy used in numerous areas of the war,

TANKS, Churchill black prince, Churchill Avre, Comet, Valentine, Matilda,the crusader series, Cromwell, Challenger!!!

TANK DESTROYERS, Archer, Deacon,

SPG's, Sexton, Bishop,

LIGHT tanks/scouts, Daimler, Tetriarch,

and these are just a few that ACTUALY seen action in the war, ive not included ANY that were on the drawing board and did'nt make it for whatever reasons!!!

i welcome any thoughts from others on this subject?
Yours,
Sgt.Steiner.

Please avoid posting titles of topics in ALL CAPS in future.

Edited by BigBadVuk, 11 April 2011 - 12:21 PM.
title in CAPS

Ecotech #2 Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17511 battles
Indeed, the french choice is quite questionable. However, I think it was a design decision made early on by the developers and now it would make no sense to go back to building british trees. That will come in its own good time.

Arkhell #3 Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
US TD's
E-series
French tanks
Britisch tanks

tahts planning for now.

Hammerbolt #4 Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34376 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Curious: is this thread numer 400 or 450, about this?...

Nikola_Bathory #5 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 21830 battles
  • [HWBG] HWBG

View PostSgt_Steiner, on 11 April 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

why the devil are we getting a french tank tree when the obvious choices would be British first or Italian?

Why the other 2 are so obvious as a choice? One nation has to come first.... The Italian tanks are far, far away. We'll first see the French ones, then the British.

sgt_steiner #6 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9606 battles
my apoligy's if this question has been raised many times before, but im not a frequent visitor to the forums here, and i simply thought that this is such a wacky choice of tank tree i was commpeled to write about it!!!

if one tree must come first then surely the natural choice is for a tree made up of tanks that are actualy known and DID see action throughout the war!!!

i agree echotech that if this is a choice that was made early then it is not economical to put that tree on hold and start the Brit tree,
but there is already British and French tanks in the game, the Brit Churchill is used in the Russian tree because it was provided for them in a lend/lease program, and theres a French tank in the German tree because the Germans did use captured French tanks which were quite good when used properly!!!

SgVolf #7 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8587 battles
  • [T-ACE] T-ACE
This is a very good question man!
That was I thought when I saw that there will be french tank tree.
I would rather suggest to add a miscalleous tank tree with british, italian, french and also other east european tanks that were really used in battles and not only existed as prototypes or even only on paper.

sgt_steiner #8 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9606 battles

View PostSgVolf, on 11 April 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

This is a very good question man!
That was I thought when I saw that there will be french tank tree.
I would rather suggest to add a miscalleous tank tree with british, italian, french and also other east european tanks that were really used in battles and not only existed as prototypes or even only on paper.

this is a good suggestion, or even if there was a Commonwealth tree (British Empire) and a mixed Axis tree for all the other nations that fought under the Axis banner but didnt have enough variety to warrant a tree of theyre own!!!

Waffenator #9 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10340 battles
We French are tired of this Anglo imperialism. It is time the French are represented first. Besides we will be the only tank tree that comes equipped with white flags and three gears forward and four in reverse, how can you resist that mon cheri?

Vive la France!

theta0123 #10 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7767 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

the French were out WW2 in the first round (as would us Brits have been if it were not for the fact we are an island), where as us Brits were there till the end and italy were around in some capacity on both sides of the axis allies divide,
i freely admit that British tanks were often seen as "inferior" but so were USA tanks, i believe this was so because these country's had no genuine battlefield test ground for tanks unlike Germany and Russia who were slugging it out big time which allowed for proper in the field feedback,

the French tank tree is filled with tanks that were never more than drawings or test subjects from pre-war and a few (which were actualy good tanks but used with terrible tactics)

Britian has a whole list of tanks that were actualy used in numerous areas of the war,

TANKS, Churchill black prince, Churchill Avre, Comet, Valentine, Matilda,the crusader series, Cromwell, Challenger!!!

TANK DESTROYERS, Archer, Deacon,

SPG's, Sexton, Bishop,

LIGHT tanks/scouts, Daimler, Tetriarch,

and these are just a few that ACTUALY seen action in the war, ive not included ANY that were on the drawing board and did'nt make it for whatever reasons!!!

i welcome any thoughts from others on this subject?
Yours,
Sgt.Steiner.
http://t2.gstatic.co...c8FQBDPGgL3&t=1
Mais alors! VOUS ETES SCARED?  VOUS ETES MAD?

While i am a great fan of British and italian tanks, i am actually very happy that they decided to add the french tech tree.
For the following reasons=
1. it is the least known tank nation and EXTREMELY underrated
2. The french where the pioneers in the modern tank
3. Without the luftwaffe and the dumb commanders, France would have kicked germanies ass for sure

Hammerbolt #11 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34376 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Italian tanks were complete and utter JUNK. That's one tree I'll never touch... along with japanese...

Waroch #12 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 9689 battles
We've seen this complaint many times, and it's been answered several times :/
To make it short :
1) remember it's a game, not a history book. What matters here is gameplay and having fun with tanks. Most of the tanks in WoT are prototypes or paper projects which contributed very little to nothing at all to the conflict.
2) commercial reason : french tanks are under-represented in video games, therefore they have a good marketting value and can possibly bring more $$$ in this game.
3) if you really need historical reasons, these tanks are awfully underrated. Most people think they were crap, while they were actually some of the finest tanks of their days. And why not considering it as a tribute to all these french soldiers who sacrificed themselves, so that Brits could go back to their island and keep fighting?

drakula72 #13 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5623 battles
french tanks > italy tanks > uk tanks
sad but true look at the churchill worst tank in game  :Smile-izmena:

Hammerbolt #14 Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34376 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postdrakula72, on 11 April 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

sad but true look at the churchill worst tank in game  :Smile-izmena:

The problem is that damn 57mm gun...  :mellow:

drakula72 #15 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5623 battles

View Posthammerbolt, on 11 April 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

The problem is that damn 57mm gun...  :mellow:

I prefer playing french tanks or italians.
British tanks : matilda, churchill, valentina are so worst, find me a tiers 10 in heavy ? :Smile-hiding:

Waffenator #16 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10340 battles
If you ever played Battleground Europe World War II online those French Tanks in the early part of the campaign can be quite nasty.

CHlLD #17 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10146 battles
:Smile_honoring:

Undeadas #18 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27806 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

the French were out WW2 in the first round  <...>
1. Because French tanks will bring a lot of totally new things/mechanics into game: multi-turret, auto-loader, different suspension type, etc.
2. This game is not about WW2

Hammerbolt #19 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34376 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Posted this before, will do it again I guess:
Battle of Hannut

Battle of Gembloux

drakula72 #20 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5623 battles
In 1917-1940 french tanks were the best in the world, it's why there are in game  :Smile_great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users