French Tank Tree Wtf?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

SpaceSoviet #21 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17243 battles
I agree at 100% with Mister Wayne.

Most of the tanks in WOT are prototypes, look at the VK series, the US Heavies, Russian Objekts n°xxx, T46, A20... I was pleased to discover all of these.
Not to mention the Leichttraktor, our beloved Tier 1 prototype.

The same goes for the French, underrated tanks of early-WW2 and great post-war tanks will be a great addition to this game.
We know all of our high-command mistakes, and there is no stukas in WOT, cette fois on les aura!

Vive la France!

ps: I have both Valentine and Churchill in my garage (and the Mathilda is calling me...), I like them, am-I open minded?

TankietkaPL #22 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1384 battles
  • [PWNY] PWNY
French tanks ? noooooooooo... Even Polish tanks were better

Loonsbro #23 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8006 battles
Have to echo what a lot of other people have said the French made some of the best tanks in the world in the years between the two world wars so yeah they should be included, (don't believe me if you live in the UK check out http://www.tankmuseum.org/ it is a fantastic day out and gives a very good insight into some of the tanks you drive around the battle field each night :-) ).

whether they should be added before another nation, why not some one has to be first. I cannot wait to be able to drive around in a Centurion because from the late 40's right up to the mid/late 60's it was one the best tanks there was, it had the first fully operational and reliable fire whilst moving system and very good armour.

buzzit #24 Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
imo the french tanks are pretty awesome looking!
totally diffrent from what i have seen and expected from them!

also the amx-50 looks really nasty!
can't wait to grind for that one!

i accually don't care what comes first
i just hope the there will be more tanks wich gives even more variaty!

and people still talk about this as a WWII game
but people should see this game more as a 'what if WWII'
but thats my opinion

theta0123 #25 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View Postdrakula72, on 11 April 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

french tanks > italy tanks > uk tanks
sad but true look at the churchill worst tank in game  :Smile-izmena:
http://www.fortuneci...o/701/jules.gif

Say what again! SAY WHAT AGAIN!

drakula72 #26 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5623 battles

View PostTankietkaPL, on 11 April 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

French tanks ? noooooooooo... Even Polish tanks were better
polish tanks were french lol <_<

ItalianSacrifice22 #27 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 160 battles

View Posthammerbolt, on 11 April 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

Italian tanks were complete and utter JUNK. That's one tree I'll never touch... along with japanese...

ooo instead i will...is funny use a tank for tactic instead only for power. And we are a land WITHOUT metal and a large-scale production of tanks was impossible and so there wasn't the meaning and the possibility of develope good tanks.

GorDoink #28 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostUndeadas, on 11 April 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

1. Because French tanks will bring a lot of totally new things/mechanics into game: multi-turret, auto-loader, different suspension type, etc.
2. This game is not about WW2

Mutli-turret could be here now (U.S. Lee) but isn't, do you think it'll show up for the French tank(s)?

ItalianSacrifice22 #29 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 160 battles

View PostSpaceSoviet, on 11 April 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

I agree at 100% with Mister Wayne.

Most of the tanks in WOT are prototypes, look at the VK series, the US Heavies, Russian Objekts n°xxx, T46, A20... I was pleased to discover all of these.
Not to mention the Leichttraktor, our beloved Tier 1 prototype.

The same goes for the French, underrated tanks of early-WW2 and great post-war tanks will be a great addition to this game.
We know all of our high-command mistakes, and there is no stukas in WOT, cette fois on les aura!

Vive la France!

ps: I have both Valentine and Churchill in my garage (and the Mathilda is calling me...), I like them, am-I open minded?

no is impossible and will RUIN the whole game include tanks of post-war...they were just good and their standard way is the heavy one of WWII tanks...so they will be overpowered. They said they may do infantry and planes....i don't like the idea of be bombarded  <_< .

someone says is a WWII game other not...99% of the tanks are of WWII so for me this is a WWII game.

SgVolf #30 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8587 battles
  • [T-ACE] T-ACE
Since there are lots of prototypes in the game, and also the fact that the french tank tree is introduced I agree that the game is getting further and further from WW II.  :(

In this case I hope the tank trees won't stop and someday M1 Abrams will battle the Tiger II. (or probably Pz IV);)
Why not?

GorDoink #31 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostWaffenator, on 11 April 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

We French are tired of this Anglo imperialism.

That's worth a -1 in my book.

It is time the French are represented first.

Another -1, it's not about taking turns.

Besides we will be the only tank tree that comes equipped with white flags and three gears forward and four in reverse, how can you resist that mon cheri?

You redeemed yourself.  A frenchman with a sense of humour.  who'd have thought?  ;-)  Although, I thought it was Italian tanks that had reverse than forward gears...

Vive la France!

Another -1 but luckily you're still in credit from before.

Vive la difference!

santiago2536 #32 Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2426 battles
The French Tank Tree have some good tanks like the FCM F1, the AMX 50, the ARL 44, the Lorraine 155.

Attached Files

• Attached File   fcmf1_01.jpg   19.39K
  • Attached File   amx 50-100-01 photo dga.jpg   203.09K
  • Attached File   ARL44_07.jpg   32.17K
  • Attached File   lorraine155_s.jpg   103.12K

Battledragon #33 Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12362 battles
FCM F1 is listed as a premium tank, it can't be that good.  All the good tanks are post-war when a lot of German tank designers were working in France to help them rebuild their army.  LOL

Kreskent #34 Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9293 battles
Isn't it obvious?

Posted Image

backo023 #35 Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5139 battles
"In 1917-1940 french tanks were the best in the world", If its like that, hw its going o participate in game? only in lower tier? coz they cant to campare with new tanks.....  :0

Hammerbolt #36 Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34360 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostBattledragon, on 11 April 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

FCM F1 is listed as a premium tank, it can't be that good.  All the good tanks are post-war when a lot of German tank designers were working in France to help them rebuild their army.  LOL

German tankers in May 1940 would disagree with you. Actually even tankers who faced Panhard armoured cars would disagree with you...

Hammerbolt #37 Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34360 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostBacko023, on 11 April 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

"In 1917-1940 french tanks were the best in the world", If its like that, hw its going o participate in game? only in lower tier? coz they cant to campare with new tanks.....  :0

I've been using the B2 (captured B1) for a couple of weeks. In the battles I fight, the heaviest tank is the KV. Obviously, the B1's 47mm is useless against it, but it's 75 should be able to damage the KV with HE (when it does get the gun, ofc...). As for others, the PzIV with long 75, Marder, Stug and Hetzer are the only ones that can really hurt the B1. The rest (PzIII, Lee, etc) have little chance of scoring a kill without at least a dozen hits! The B1's 47 cannot kill the KV, or Stug/Hezter from front (Marder has paper-thin armor...). The late model PzIV has a good chance of resisting a shot (from the front). The rest with get really hurt by the 47, even with normal ammo.

theta0123 #38 Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View Posthammerbolt, on 11 April 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

German tankers in May 1940 would disagree with you. Actually even tankers who faced Panhard armoured cars would disagree with you...
This^

Germans could only dream of the quality and quantity the french had

And the New line of french tanks wich where just about to enter service in 1940 surpassed anything the germans had untill late 1942 when the Tiger and panther came to work

The Char G1 for example. This was a tank wich could have enterd service a year before 1940 the fall of france. 60MM very high sloped frontal armor,28 ton weight and a high velocity 47mm or 75mm gun
France just had idiots in command. The french army wanted to evacuate towards French-algeria together with the french navy and Airforce. WITH the plannes and prototypes of the new modern french tanks/planes. The french goverment said Non. If this happend, The french forces in algeria would have recieved American/british supplies to set up a factory, mass produce existing tanks AND new ones, and just swept away the italian resistance before Germany could even reach North africa. And even if the DAK reached africa, they would have no chance vs the new french tanks. France could have taken entire Northren africa with ease.

France could have been the nation wich could single-handely defeat germany and preventing a WW2. So guys, before you trash the french tanks, think again ;)

If france did not had idiots in command, they would have been Le hero nation  ;)

But just like germany, France had people who knew what WW2 would have been. And people who where completly retarded.
Germany and france both had retarded people in command

GehakteMolen #39 Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51741 battles
  • [322] 322

View Posttheta0123, on 11 April 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

This^

Germans could only dream of the quality and quantity the french had

And the New line of french tanks wich where just about to enter service in 1940 surpassed anything the germans had untill late 1942 when the Tiger and panther came to work

The Char G1 for example. This was a tank wich could have enterd service a year before 1940 the fall of france. 60MM very high sloped frontal armor,28 ton weight and a high velocity 47mm or 75mm gun
France just had idiots in command. The french army wanted to evacuate towards French-algeria together with the french navy and Airforce. WITH the plannes and prototypes of the new modern french tanks/planes. The french goverment said Non. If this happend, The french forces in algeria would have recieved American/british supplies to set up a factory, mass produce existing tanks AND new ones, and just swept away the italian resistance before Germany could even reach North africa. And even if the DAK reached africa, they would have no chance vs the new french tanks. France could have taken entire Northren africa with ease.

France could have been the nation wich could single-handely defeat germany and preventing a WW2. So guys, before you trash the french tanks, think again ;)

If france did not had idiots in command, they would have been Le hero nation  ;)

But just like germany, France had people who knew what WW2 would have been. And people who where completly retarded.
Germany and france both had retarded people in command

too bad the biggest air force earth ever saw, the Luftwaffe, (luftwaffe with 2.2 million employes, almost the size of ENITRE US army+navy+air force) wiped the french (: IF the germans had built a decent anti-ship plane + somekind of Von Mannstein general instead of Goring, they had raped not only france but also UK (even now they got rly, rly close, RAF was almost destroyed, Hitler saved the Brits because he them by ordering to stop attacking airfield, but instead attack Londen, this gave the RAF the chance to regroup, when Barbarosa started they had ``won``...

so perhaps the french tanks where better, but WW2 was the first war who was decided by air, not by tanks/ground force, thats why after the war western country`s hardly put anything in tanks, they get toasted by air anyway... (but thats another discussion:p)

theta0123 #40 Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View PostGehakteMolen, on 11 April 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

too bad the biggest air force earth ever saw, the Luftwaffe, (luftwaffe with 2.2 million employes, almost the size of ENITRE US army+navy+air force) wiped the french (: IF the germans had built a decent anti-ship plane + somekind of Von Mannstein general instead of Goring, they had raped not only france but also UK (even now they got rly, rly close, RAF was almost destroyed, Hitler saved the Brits because he them by ordering to stop attacking airfield, but instead attack Londen, this gave the RAF the chance to regroup, when Barbarosa started they had ``won``...

so perhaps the french tanks where better, but WW2 was the first war who was decided by air, not by tanks/ground force, thats why after the war western country`s hardly put anything in tanks, they get toasted by air anyway... (but thats another discussion:p)
But the armee d"l air would have been modern and numorous if it wassent for the idiots in the french command

The amount of money they spended in the Maginot line would have allowed the french tanks in development to reach the battlefield before france was invaded, It would have allowed the french airforce to be both modern As numorous, The french ground forces would have been equipped with MAS 36, 25,37 and 90mm AA guns, the artillery would have been moderinzed..

France had an even bigger budget then Germany. But france wasted most of it in a useless static defense. Germany dint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users