I quit...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

Scragger #1 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles

POPULAR

I've finally had enough - tonight (moreso than any other night so far) was such an epic cluster f**k of clueless idiots and lemmings that I am giving up on this game. Battle after f**king battle lost... in some cases with defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory by truly MONUMENTAL idiocy. I've got about 10 days of premium left but you know what? If this is what the game is coming to I just couldn't care less and I'll let it go to waste - that would be better than any more evenings of the frustration and anger I'm feeling right now - I got so mad I even started mouthing off in team chat - and that is NOT who I am NOR who I want to be - this is supposed to be the way I relax after a day at work - it's not supposed to get me so steamed I start losing my cool with people. It didn't help that EU1 went down and every window-licker piled onto EU2. Wargaming - as a now FORMER player who honestly wanted to like your game (and who spent several hundred Euros on it in the 4 months I played) for THE LOVE OF GOD sort this mess out. Sort out your servers, sort out your match making and do SOMETHING (compulsory training missions, tier access unlocked by skill, SOMETHING) to try and improve the quality of the vast majority of the players that don't have CLUE ONE what they are doing....
...Scragger OUT...

Edited by Scragger, 27 November 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Pandabird #2 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Just chill, try platoon, get some ingame friend if you feel that way.

8Knight_Commander_Pask #3 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9070 battles
Hundreds of euros with only 3000 battles?

What have you bought??

Scragger #4 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles
I've bought mostly gold, IS-6, T-25, Chi-Nu Kai and E-25. Fort Knox pack too. Mostly small transactions but it all adds up....
^^^^
This earned me a negrep? really? lol

Edited by Scragger, 27 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

StatPadder #5 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 2910 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY
U not bad at tanks, please stay

LetsRockAndRoll #6 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28635 battles

View Post8Knight_Commander_Pask, on 27 November 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hundreds of euros with only 3000 battles?

What have you bought??

He has a premium account and 3 premium tanks. So WG has lost a good customer.

Shnuks #7 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37647 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I have also snapped today. I just uninstalled. Have 14 days of premium left. [edited]. See you all in a couple of months probably.

Edited by Petruzzi, 28 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Petruzzi

Scragger #8 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles

View PostStatPadder, on 27 November 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Thanks Stat - but I really cannot take it any more mate - I am actually shaking right now I am THAT [edited] stressed - so what's the point? I really liked this game - but as time has gone on it's just got so bad I have to find a way to unwind after a day at work that ACTUALLY RELAXES ME...

Edited by Petruzzi, 28 November 2013 - 02:38 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Petruzzi

A_Hardy_Buck #9 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles
Was going to log in today but i decided to start an essay for Uni instead , looks like I made the right choice  :teethhappy:

demon_tank #10 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25863 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thanks Stat - but I really cannot take it any more mate - I am actually shaking right now I am THAT f**king stressed - so what's the point? I really liked this game - but as time has gone on it's just got so bad I have to find a way to unwind after a day at work that ACTUALLY RELAXES ME...

In case you havent noticed he is trolling with you.

i snapped during wot play at weekends (and on other days too) so many times i cant remember but i still wont quit cause ocasionally i like playing this game.

but there are serious downsides when i snap and chat rage + curse as loud as i can and often hit things that happen to be near me 1. i get chat bans and 2. people around me (relatives and neighbours) think i need psychotherapy (which i most likely need but thats not the point)

creator__ #11 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28605 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
Get something and hit it hard really hard

Works for me

Scragger #12 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles

View Postdemon_tank, on 27 November 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

In case you havent noticed he is trolling with you.
i snapped during wot play at weekends (and on other days too) so many times i cant remember but i still wont quit cause ocasionally i like playing this game.
but there are serious downsides when i snap and chat rage + curse as loud as i can and often hit things that happen to be near me 1. i get chat bans and 2. people around me (relatives and neighbours) think i need psychotherapy (which i most likely need but thats not the point)
I know he's trolling (Stat being nice to me? Are pigs flying now?) I'm just trying to be polite and calm after ranting in-game  :teethhappy:  Yeah, I've already been privately messaged by a player who's told me he's reported me for my ranting to WG - but as I have no intention to play again I honestly couldn't give a sh!t about him doing that (hell I probably deserve it anyway)....

Edited by Scragger, 27 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51609 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
We used to get a lot of "I quit," posts.  They're rarer now.  People this unhappy are better off leaving.

StatPadder #14 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 2910 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY
I am not trolling.  :sad: take a break and then join a clan. Wjde or t-d-u are a great bunch of lads, they will help u inject the fun back into the game.  For sure u need to stop playing solo.

Good luck with what ever u decide.

Scragger #15 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles

View PostStatPadder, on 27 November 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I am not trolling.  :sad: take a break and then join a clan. Wjde or t-d-u are a great bunch of lads, they will help u inject the fun back into the game.  For sure u need to stop playing solo.

Good luck with what ever u decide.
Well, since someone negrepped you for being nice to me I fixed it (yes, I know you like being negrepped, but just this once....)  :smile:

StatPadder #16 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 2910 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Well, since someone negrepped you for being nice to me I fixed it (yes, I know you like being negrepped, but just this once....) :smile:
The rep system is more meaningless than stats. I don't care for it. I just lel at all the people filled with spite whilst I am happy. U genuinely have good stats for your experience. Hit me up and maybe I can give u some tips in a training room this weekend. I have already offered to show some wjde guys some stuff on Sunday so maybe u can tag along :)
Only [edited]and whiners deserve trolling, otherwise u will find I help people out behind the scenes.

Edited by StatPadder, 27 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

PaNzErDiEtL771 #17 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7905 battles
  • [TG-RO] TG-RO
Id say, play arty abit, it cools me down. Especially when absolute team Philippines lemming storm happens.

The reason id choose arty is that it gives you the feel of troll raining krap on your enemies, taking out a scouts track in the middle of a death run?
Or just knocking out a other arty which is having a shower at their base...

Even after the nerf, it makes me happy to HE you again :D, Make sure your rage does not take over you!

And as always,
Take care on that battlefield,
PaNzErDiEtl771

_SgtBomber_ #18 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 18664 battles
  • [CRYPT] CRYPT

View PostStatPadder, on 27 November 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'm still laughing here thanks Statpadder for that 1. You're so adorable  :teethhappy:  Yes you are.

Sgt_Guffy #19 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22880 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OH NO! Scragger!
Another player needing a nice cup of tea and a biscuit. ( I'm running out of biscuits!)
I have had a bad week. Last night and continuing on into today I had fifteen straight losses. I didn't do anything spectacular, but dealt out the damage as I usually do, all to no avail.
It happens to us all you know.
I'm still here.
I'm a devil for punishment.
This game is for entertainment. So, OP if you are not enjoying the game it is time to step back and take a break. While you are doing that try to evaluate your gameplay. Look at some of your replays for a few days. If you are like me you'll cringe at times at the mistakes you made! Also re-evaluate your playstyle. Do you have the right vehicles? Are you a salmon swimming upstream? Probably a change of approach is needed. Go down a couple of tiers and have fun with a scout tank or sit behind a bush with a TD.
It's up to you, but like in the game, you do yourself a favour by not making hasty decisions.
Good luck and...
have fun. :smiles:

Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 27 November 2013 - 10:56 PM.

Scragger #20 Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9645 battles

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 27 November 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

OH NO! Scragger!
Another player needing a nice cup of tea and a biscuit. ( I'm running out of biscuits!)
I have had a bad week. Last night and continuing on into today I had fifteen straight losses. I didn't do anything spectacular, but dealt out the damage as I usually do, all to no avail.
It happens to us all you know.
I'm still here.
I'm a devil for punishment.
This game is for entertainment. So, OP if you are not enjoying the game it is time to step back and take a break. While you are doing that try to evaluate your gameplay. Look at some of your replays for a few days. If you are like me you'll cringe at times at the mistakes you made! Also re-evaluate your playstyle. Do you have the right vehicles? Are you a salmon swimming upstream? Probably a change of approach is needed. Go down a couple of tiers and have fun with a scout tank or sit behind a bush with a TD.
It's up to you, but like in the game, you do yourself a favour by not making hasty decisions.
Good luck and...
have fun. :smiles:
Firstly mate, I need something a bit stronger than tea - if you've got a nice 15 year old Glenmorangie or a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban I'd take a snifter or two of them  :smile:
Yeah, it has been a bad week. There are days where it seems no matter what tier or tank I play, I lose. Over and OVER again. I become part of the problem - I get frustrated, make bad choices, bad moves - and my fear of losing becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I KNOW this - doing something about it is the problem.... But there is also the underlying issue - I think I'm a decent player - not great, but ok for my level of experience. But when you get grouped over and over again with teammates many (if not most) of whom clearly have little idea of how to play it gets so demoralising. Many simply YOLO off across open terrain towards the enemy, dying in a hail of fire. Or seemingly drive around in sniper mode so they are oblivious to the enemy tank (or tanks) that pop out at ranges of a few meters - and then as they start taking hits their turrets seem to blindly swing back and forth trying to find the enemy they would have spotted if zoomed out a bit, and they simply sit there until they get brewed up. Or they pay no attention to the mini map, or to team chat - so when a flank gets into trouble (or even folds because of lack of support) the team does NOTHING to fix the problem. I honestly think that there should be some sort of skill level required to unlock tiers - because while this kind of behaviour might be expected of new players at tier 1 when you see so much of it at 5 or even 8 you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
So there we go. MAYBE I'll just take an extended break - like I posted earlier, I really do want to like this game, and I have had good experiences - but right now I'm in a bad place with it and I need to step back and just BREATHE...  :smile:

Edited by Scragger, 27 November 2013 - 11:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users