I quit...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

MemoFromTurner #121 Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17455 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
The more frustrated you get at the game the worse you play.

The better you play the more overconfident you become the worse you play.

Have cigarette or maybe smoke something a bit stronger and calm down.

wjohnd #122 Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12805 battles
I feel your pain man,
Last night was a disaster with 4 wins and 14 loses.
It happens sometimes but this weekend was exceptionally bad.
I'm a fairly average player (51.8% win rate) so find it hard to carry a team at the best of times, but I kept on finding myself in the bottom half of the table at the start and with a bunch of hopeless teammates above.
Hey ho.
Better today but have played less games so haven't yet undone the damage to my stats.
Take a break . find some mates to platoon with and I think it will be more fun.

Edited by wjohnd, 30 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

SquartFishy #123 Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15206 battles
my advice? grab a low tier tank, preferably something below tier 4, and go club some seals. its not ethical, but it works(and may i say the T-70 is pretty darn good at this? nice sloped armor + decent gun trololo).

i never like to do unethical stuffs, and when i needed to cool down i always fall back to lower tiers, but for this month i gave up since even tier 7 games can get extremely retarded and so i've decided to just go even lower and see what happens. well, that worked pretty fine. besides, if you can somehow show those newbies how brutal this game can get you'd probably do the community good. those less patient would leave, and those who are would learn and adapt.

also, do come back in a week or so. i believe the amount of retardedness can be attributed to the daily 24/7 missions. deal's good, thus many people who dont have enough balls and guts to actually clear the mission actively and instead choose the cowards way, only coming out to take last hits and disregard his teammates.

for those who suggest team battle, it's actually not any better, only that you can choose to stick with a team when you know they're competent, thus slightly less frustration. randoms? you could probably forget about meeting the same guy twice.

also, wait for WoT's direct competitor. once that game is out we shall see how WoT can enjoy their monopoly on these kind of games. i have a feeling people would lash out at me, as seen in many other threads, but there you have it, the 'player base'

Wabbit_Slayer #124 Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10202 battles
  • [-MIA-] -MIA-

View PostSquartFishy, on 30 November 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

my advice? grab a low tier tank, preferably something below tier 4, and go club some seals. its not ethical, but it works(and may i say the T-70 is pretty darn good at this? nice sloped armor + decent gun trololo).
i never like to do unethical stuffs, and when i needed to cool down i always fall back to lower tiers, but for this month i gave up since even tier 7 games can get extremely retarded and so i've decided to just go even lower and see what happens. well, that worked pretty fine. besides, if you can somehow show those newbies how brutal this game can get you'd probably do the community good. those less patient would leave, and those who are would learn and adapt.
also, do come back in a week or so. i believe the amount of retardedness can be attributed to the daily 24/7 missions. deal's good, thus many people who dont have enough balls and guts to actually clear the mission actively and instead choose the cowards way, only coming out to take last hits and disregard his teammates.
for those who suggest team battle, it's actually not any better, only that you can choose to stick with a team when you know they're competent, thus slightly less frustration. randoms? you could probably forget about meeting the same guy twice.
also, wait for WoT's direct competitor. once that game is out we shall see how WoT can enjoy their monopoly on these kind of games. i have a feeling people would lash out at me, as seen in many other threads, but there you have it, the 'player base'
Why would that be unethical?. Noobs are running around with 500 matches and ruining  tier 6-7 matches its only far that we give somthing back :trollface:

Edited by Wabbit_Slayer, 30 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

SquartFishy #125 Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15206 battles

View PostWabbit_Slayer, on 30 November 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Why would that be unethical?. Noobs are running around with 500 matches and ruining  tier 6-7 matches its only far that we give somthing back :trollface:

but.. but... think of those who actually do give a feck about getting good at the game! those poor souls!  :tongue:
honestly though, its how willing people actually wants to play a team game. and currently there's too many who dont give a damn and thus people like us who actually wants to that's getting affected

Huuow #126 Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11830 battles
Leaving this time eating monster of a game is an instant win, so I applaud you for that ;)

but for those who like to suffer, heres my tip: control your greed. A lot of time I die because I wanted this last shot... I would have survived longer, made more damage and I wouldn´t have to look at those horrible teammates... If you´re angry you tend to play shitty, all rushing and fast fast killing the enemy you didn´t kill in the last game.. keep cool... place yourself in third row and wait a bit... And overall there are far more winning streaks than losing... just looked at todays streaks: 4x 4 victories in a row vs. 3x 3 defeats in a row... and at a pretty number of those defeats you get the courageous resistance bonus (or even the turkey)... so... If you have fun raging, be my guest, I gladly join. If it gets unhealthy, quit. But I don´t think the game is the problem (actually working as intended... I mean it produces so much emotion... :trollface: )

MrWomble #127 Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 187 battles

If you think it is bad on the EU server, try the South East Asian server, it is shockingly horribly terribly awfully bad. The majority of players quit after 3,000 games (if they make it there) as the game play is so bad they are not prepared to spend money. I have an account there and play as I am southern hemisphere based and tried the EU server due to bad lag and ping but it was no better. 

It appears the same problem exists in North America too so you are not alone, the whole game has become cr*p and people are leaving in droves....not because the game itself and graphics etc are bad, quite the opposite, they are good, but because WG refuse to stream players by experience and balance the play. Any nob now races to tier 10 in about three days flat with daddy's credit card and hey presto! - the game is ruined by higher tier players having not a clue nor caring. 

WHY_ARE_YOU_READING_THIS #128 Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42125 battles

if everyone was amazing player then games would last full 15 minutes...

i do enjoy games where my team just smashes whole 15 player base in just under 2minutes..

and i cant even get to the battle in my t49 thats how fast games are :)

tier 10 games mostly last good 8 min sometimes under 2 min  when whole team gets crushed and everyone yells NOOOB is4(me while im doing like 3kdmg ) while they all die with 0 dmg just 

i had a game where we were winning  but mostly all were slow heavies  1 batchat just took us all down .. we just couldnt get to him.

If you want to chill out and relax  for 30 min or so tier 5 is good for that you dont bounce much and ppl arent afraid to attack 

tier 10 is where most frustration comes from due to the fact  of high quality vehicles and armor protection where you have to shoot lower plate of whole tank on top of that you have high mobility medium moving autoloaders german wtf euf 100 campers  gwe 1000 splashers and batchat autloader cannons is4/is7 armor trollers roflmao  unlike tier 5 where anything is good

This game is not a place to relive your day ,,, relieve your day with family and friends...  wife 

This is tank warfare  and in tank battles ppl do lose discipline and themselves  war is aggression 

People get frustrated Because everyone is camping and exposing their turrets while clock is ticking  .. enjoy sitting in a bush for 10minutes :)

Edited by brutalus84, 21 December 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Venatacia #129 Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34564 battles
Glad I'm not the only one who wastes premium. Bought 30 days of premium back in the Summer time, two days in and I quit due to this games frustrating nature. Total waste of premium. Take a break, it works and stay away from holiday times, they are the worst.

Akula971 #130 Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18524 battles

Scragger, if you want to relax and unwind after work, don't fire up the PC at all. 

Go to the gym, get some exercise.

Get a good massage from an expert, you'll feel much better afterwards, treat yourself.

Have fun with your partner, wink wink, know what I mean?

If you then decide to fire up WoT, and the new players are acting like, well newbies. Then drop down the tiers, drive a T18, Pz38T, Tetrarch, or what ever you like with all the paint, equipment and perks, and seal club! Who cares if the team is getting annihilated? More targets for you!

Its a game, supposed to be fun, so make it fun.

tank1562 #131 Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 391 battles

Whatever may be the truth I've quit too. It seems that whatever i try i end up in a bunch of drunken kids who have no idea about teamplay.

There's no way you can progress on the european servers unless you spend a fortune. Or speak eastern european languages....

But perhaps i'm just no good at the game. At least i now spend my money on more satisfying things.

Evasion01 #132 Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 35387 battles
I will just say this: "The thing that make you to loose yourself like this is the things you(WE) care,emotions good or bad are involved here and that is what makes WoT special than other games around" chill a bit,play something else and soon you will realise that is nothing is good out there as our beloved WoT.Try 2 listen your favorite music or some radio show when you playing it and frustration level will drop(thats my case).But if nothing helps than yeah maybe is time 2 find something else,g/l friend.

guest273 #133 Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35395 battles
  • [4FG] 4FG

We all (most) have felt this way at least once....

after those endless bad games in a row we blame MM, teams, sometimes ourselves and say: I will quit this game once and for all!

...and the next day you are like: ok I could increase my stats a bit before I quit :P 

This game has made me rage so many times...but there are also so many good moments (every medal :medal: ) I just can't quit this game...:wub:

_Antipathy #134 Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

Rage for a game? Impossible for me.

Reason? Rage for a game... na xD.

Wanna relax? Take some drugs :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users