• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

StatPadder #21 Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 2910 battles
  • [JELLY] JELLY

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 27 November 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Was going to log in today but i decided to start an essay for Uni instead , looks like I made the right choice  :teethhappy:
Today was good mate. Check my recent noob meter stats.  My PC behaved too (mostly)  :tongue:

Grimdorf #22 Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles
Good Luck to the OP.

I know how he feels.

My own premium account will run out in mid January so I have a while yet.....but if the current trends continue over the holidays then I'll likely quit and find some thing less frustrating to play.

Personally I think WG have left things far to late to change anything major now in order to improve random team games, and I honestly do not think they want to anyway, they just want as many muppets playing as possible, ones that don't care wether they win or lose, do damage or kills, or sit on the open and die every game.

Yes there is the option to join a clan, platoon and play company battles, but I have done all that in other games. The initial appeal of WoT to me was the ability to solo play against other players enjoyably and on a reasonably level field, both of which have been eroded noticably since I started playing a year ago.

Sadly I saw the same thing happen to Everquest 2.It started out requiring a certain amount of effort and skill and then just got dumbed down further and further each year with most complexity and skill removed in favour of simple point and click grinding. Because thats how you attract as many muppets to your game as possible. Muppets don't like to "think" too much cos it makes their heads hurt  :sceptic:
Nothing last forever :bajan:

DD_Zooly #23 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
I'm feeling that WG don't deserve any more of my cash and I have 12 days of premium left which I won't renew due to the garbage games and players that are taking over.  Since the last patch (or about then) my win rate has gone into freefall, bring on WT tanks as at least you get rewarded for your contribution rather than team result.

Yakito #24 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19405 battles
You know, I admire your patience.
And I must say... my experience in WoT is only getting worse.
I played in Beta, it was nice.
I played after Beta, it was also nice. I quit cos I was bored.
I came back, and after months of l playing I quit because I was bored and angry at the players.
After another months of break I came back, and I quit because I was really pissed off with people and only slightly bored.

Now? I came back after 6 months, I played for what, 4 days now? And I already want to quit because people (if you can call drones people) are so incredibly stupid. The level of idiocy has reached an epic level where it can't be fixed anymore. It's done. It's so screwed up that I honestly feel like I want to murder people when I play these days, and that is not good. I feel like WoT is just not a relaxing game, at all. In fact, it's one of the most frustrating games I've played in my whole life.

I understand why you are quitting and I wish you the best of luck. I will probably follow your footsteps very soon. Game isn't worth the stress. No game is. And especially this one.

Pansenmann #25 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35648 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I remember there was a different approach to Wot.
Zen.

It works!

First, don't expect nothing from yourself nor your team, then you won't get disappointed.
Second, team up!

(and third avoid adrenaline tanks like the ELC, not good if you are easily enraged)

*off to find the link to "Zen of WoT"*

Thrael7 #26 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24122 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostShnuks, on 27 November 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

I have also snapped today. I just uninstalled. Have 14 days of premium left. Fuck it. See you all in a couple of months probably.

No, never do that... Tbh, I get my bad streaks 'cause I 've paid for premium time and I don't want it to be wasted.
I 've laid off the premium time for 10 days now and eventhough it's harder earning creds and XP I get to play as much as I want and no more...
Sure I done it in the past but this time I was fed up like you. In your case, do NOT waste the premium time...

Also, OP dont go away... enjoy life as a standard account user... Kinda like getting back at 'em but not quite...

Garrison2012 #27 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22618 battles
I'm average on a good day but even I've noticed how painfully bad teams have been this week. Map after map where the team simply ignores one side of it and then when the enemy strolls into the base refuses to turn round. An endless stream of IS drivers who've suddenly decided they want to play sniper meaning your support tank has nothing to give support to. Worst of all are the people who sit and watch you dieing while fighting multpile tanks and then scream for help when you die and their next in line. I have a Tier III Marder II in my garage and a Tier VIII Caernarvon and I see no difference in team skills when I'm driving them in battle.

Ry0K3N #28 Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20465 battles
Thats nice and all to advice the OP to take a break calm down etc. But that doesnt change anything. WoT will remain the same frustrating pile of mess in the next week too. Thats not going to change and there are a ton of other free to play games wich is much more fun to play than this.
My advice for the OP is to look around steam, find something else to play.

Scragger #29 Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10159 battles

View PostGarrison2012, on 28 November 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm average on a good day but even I've noticed how painfully bad teams have been this week. Map after map where the team simply ignores one side of it and then when the enemy strolls into the base refuses to turn round. An endless stream of IS drivers who've suddenly decided they want to play sniper meaning your support tank has nothing to give support to. Worst of all are the people who sit and watch you dieing while fighting multpile tanks and then scream for help when you die and their next in line. I have a Tier III Marder II in my garage and a Tier VIII Caernarvon and I see no difference in team skills when I'm driving them in battle.
THIS. I honestly don't get how there is SO little difference in skill for a lot of players between tier 1 and 9 (my highest tank is IS-8). I mostly play around 5-7 and I STILL see a lot of people with XVM ratings of 00-20. I don't understand how that is even possible - I would actually have to be deliberately playing to lose to suck that bad - or be botting. It's just so painful to watch people dying for no good reason - it's not bad luck, it's just stupid... The tutorial doesn't help - a 5 minute course on driving and shooting does NOT properly prepare you for the game - and if you keep dying in 60 seconds and then going back to the garage for another tank, how are you ever going to learn to play PROPERLY?

Edited by Scragger, 28 November 2013 - 08:34 AM.

ProudPatriot #30 Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17913 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 27 November 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

We used to get a lot of "I quit," posts.  They're rarer now.  People this unhappy are better off leaving.

Lmao
Are you serious !
PAYING players are better off leaving eh....
How do you think you can play for free !
PAYING players are leaving by the drones and when my premium runs out im also leaving.
It has got so screwed up with the team balancing system i honestly think that WG has no idea how to sort it out.
You get players with 30-40% win ratio 9-10-12 of them in a team the rest are say 52-54% yet the other team has players with the majority of over 55% win ratio and the win chance is laughable to say the least.

I sold my prem tanks and now just waiting for that premium to run dry.

And this forum is run by kids because anytime somebody comes and tries to comment on a problem you never fail to give a negative rep just because they speak the truth and for some strange reason people (some) seem to think they know everything about anything

Tinned #31 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36688 battles
Take a break mate, chill a bit than have another go. I had a similar experience a while back, did that and came back better.

I also switched off assault and encounter as I those modes were winding me up the most with 45% 'ers capping straight away behind a rock, whilst the rest of us were trying to have a battle. My blood pressure has gone down a lot since I now only play standard mode.

Search_Warrant #32 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28313 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Dammit..someone almost got as many negreps as me! u catching me up there StatPadder!

Also...yeh i quit for a good few months and i come back recently, seems its still the same but with more tanks and even less balance.

Thejagdpanther #33 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36308 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Know your feel man, totally agree with your anger...
Try this one, that, at last, is my philosopy for this game in the last 6 months:
"Play the the game for the love of play a tank"
Nothing more, nothing less.

Win, lose, draw, bad, good... all bull-crap, play for doing good with a beloved tank, that's all.
The post screen of the match is your reward, if you are at top you did well.

Homer_J #34 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31535 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's a game, play for fun and if you are not having fun don't play.

I don't see any point in making a rage quit post on the forum about it.  WG aren't going to care no matter how much money you have spent.  They will look at the overall number of active players and as long as that is going up then they are doing their job.

Technocrat_Prime #35 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 31500 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

...Scragger OUT...

Godspeed! And please, stay away, we have enough whiners as it is...

Scragger #36 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10159 battles

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 28 November 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Godspeed! And please, stay away, we have enough whiners as it is...
Aww, someone needs a hug.... :teethhappy:
...and just one point - if a lot of people are 'whining' as you put it (though it does seem to me that on these forums ANY kind of negative comment is taken as a 'whine' by some people, even when it is legitimate) - wouldn't that actually suggest that there is SOMETHING genuinely wrong? Hmm?  :hiding:

Edited by Scragger, 28 November 2013 - 09:39 AM.

TJ72 #37 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16141 battles
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
Must admit yesterday was rather bad.
Not just the whole flanks dying in a couple of minutes but never seen RNG so bad.
Shots flying way out of aiming circle, shells on target not registering (ghost?), getting one shotted in heavies by invisible enemies with impossible shots in first minute (destroyed by hit on slim showing of track out front of rock? really??) and many many heavies hiding behind the TDs at the back (wtf?)

Yesterday was frustrating but sometimes that's the nature of the game.

IF there is this magical mystical RNG that decides that its going to troll you over a few games it really needs kicking into touch.

...but guess I'll be back tonight though might have to look for a TC.

Denis_2004 #38 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20020 battles
Why not "to take a bath" if you see that your team made from idiots  and switch to another tank?

Scragger #39 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10159 battles

View PostTJ72, on 28 November 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Shots flying way out of aiming circle, shells on target not registering (ghost?), getting one shotted in heavies by invisible enemies with impossible shots in first minute (destroyed by hit on slim showing of track out front of rock? really??) and many many heavies hiding behind the TDs at the back (wtf?)
I actually tried switching on server-side reticle last night for the first time - the lag for it was so bad that I switched it back off. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but maybe that's why you saw such ropey aim - if the server is lagging (and that seems to be happening a lot these days, at least for some) it might be that your client-side reticle tells you you're aiming one place, but the server thinks your reticle is pointing somewhere else and that's why you (and a lot of other people) miss so much, or see wierd effects happening to their shots, with rounds not scoring hits, or arcing off at some wierd tangent...

Edited by Scragger, 28 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Scragger #40 Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10159 battles

View PostDenis_2004, on 28 November 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why not "to take a bath" if you see that your team made from idiots  and switch to another tank?
I've tried swapping tanks, swapping tiers, even swapping servers. Makes no difference I'm afraid....  :sad: If by 'take a bath' you mean drown yourself and head back to the garage - I've never done that, I ALWAYS try to contribute to a battle, even one that is hopeless...

Edited by Scragger, 28 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users