• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

Technocrat_Prime #41 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 31365 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

it might be that your client-side reticle tells you you're aiming one place, but the server thinks your reticle is pointing somewhere else and that's why you (and a lot of other people) miss so much, or see wierd effects happening to their shots, with rounds not scoring hits, or arcing off at some wierd tangent...

Exactly this. And thats why you need to keep the server side reticle on, especially if there is a lot of lag. I have it on permanently, but then, the server does not lag for me.

SABAOTH #42 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I've finally had enough - tonight (moreso than any other night so far) was such an epic cluster f**k of clueless idiots and lemmings that I am giving up on this game. Battle after f**king battle lost... in some cases with defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory by truly MONUMENTAL idiocy. I've got about 10 days of premium left but you know what? If this is what the game is coming to I just couldn't care less and I'll let it go to waste - that would be better than any more evenings of the frustration and anger I'm feeling right now - I got so mad I even started mouthing off in team chat - and that is NOT who I am NOR who I want to be - this is supposed to be the way I relax after a day at work - it's not supposed to get me so steamed I start losing my cool with people. It didn't help that EU1 went down and every window-licker piled onto EU2. Wargaming - as a now FORMER player who honestly wanted to like your game (and who spent several hundred Euros on it in the 4 months I played) for THE LOVE OF GOD sort this mess out. Sort out your servers, sort out your match making and do SOMETHING (compulsory training missions, tier access unlocked by skill, SOMETHING) to try and improve the quality of the vast majority of the players that don't have CLUE ONE what they are doing....
...Scragger OUT...

Actually when you have clueless n00bs in your team is the time when your efficiency goes up.  :blinky:

Sure is much better to play with balanced teams but see it this way:
  • If you are in a team full of pro vs n00bs, you have to be very good (and have some very fast tank) to deal average damage, simply because better teammates will rape those poor tomatoes so fast that battle can easily end when you just landed few hits. Pretty miserable results.
  • If you are in a tomato team (ok with a decent tank, not with a B1 or a duck of doom), you can really shine, sometimes even bringin your team up to victory, most often getting some corageous resistance and good exp, damage and efficiency
Unless in a good platoon is very hard to carry and your winrate will probably drop, but efficiency will go up.

Look me as example, having horribad teams since this weekend and yes I did fall back to 48% win rate on xvm but here is interesting:

Performance Rating:  1,220 (Above avg.)  1,443 (+2.6) Last ~7 days  1,443 (+2.6)

Going up being the best player very often, also exp and credits arent bad, and I am not even that good "@ internet tenks"  :tongue:

If you want to improve win rate you have to team up with 2 good players and platoon only, solo randoms are hard to turn the tides unless you are a very good player or an unicum, but platoons will fix that too. (your efficiency will grow lower because other will perform good making the job harder for you).

In short
  • Go solo for efficiency (and lose win rate unless you are a great player)
  • Platoon for winrate (turn the above upside down)
Platoons can do miracles, no jokes  :smile:

lonigus #43 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 33388 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA
I had yest 47% WR with a 2600 WN7.

Guess I need a WN7 of 3000+ to actually make my team win lol.

guguloi #44 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50787 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I've got about 10 days of premium left but you know what?
When I quit six months ago I've had 3 months of premium and 12k gold in bank but I quit in a heart beat.
The grass is greenier on the other side.

Pootchy #45 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16759 battles
In some cases he is right..
WG wants to have the avrg. player.. they change the gameplay for noobs and they change it that way, people dont have use your brains anymore.

- accurateness buff
- premium ammunition for credits.

and so on..

Evil_Mungo #46 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Just care less.

Seriously, I took a two month break after I ground out a few tier X lines and it burned me out.  Since I've come back and my only goal is to do whatever I feel like that day I haven't been angry once AND I've started playing better.

_BLACK_BEAR #47 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 60386 battles
Good call....

Solstad1069 #48 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42288 battles

View Postguguloi, on 28 November 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

When I quit six months ago I've had 3 months of premium and 12k gold in bank but I quit in a heart beat.
The grass is greenier on the other side.

Why do you say that when you have over 40 000 games?
The grass is greener on the other side, did you know this all the time, but still invested around 3500 hours playing it?

Phuzzi #49 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13074 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 November 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

It's a game, play for fun and if you are not having fun don't play.

Problem is for many of us the game itself is fun, it's just the tomato teams you often get ruins it. I think it's most frustrating for players around my level, we play OK but aren't good enough to consistently carry a team of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing window-lickers, at least unicums can usually make up for the muppets they get saddled with. WG should just ban anyone without a premium account that has less than 400 eff after 1k battles - the game is obviously beyond them. They also desperately need a skills-based MM but all they seem to see is a huge pool of subscribers so ignore the issues that will take a lot of dev effort to sort - it will catch up to them eventually though, it always does.

guguloi #50 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50787 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA
Nope, I didn't know this all the time. I found it then I played it more seriously and after that I've uninstalled WoT for good.
I liked WoT to the bits in the beginning (hence that hilarious number of battles for me) but lately was a disappoint for me so I found something else to play for fun.

Anyway I still keep an eye on WoT because you know, first love is hardly forget.  :smile:

RockyRocks #51 Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14669 battles
Seriously mate you have got some nice stats at 3k games trust me i am much much worse while i was in 2-3k games and i played solo till 7 k games with 47 % win rate , believe me i lost control of my-self and raged like a brain less retard while i was at your situation but mostly kept it to myself and in that stress i shouted at my GF too  :confused: , that's it i took a break for about 1 month and joined a clan and after that found few friends to platoon up with and improved a lot and got used to things in this game (Ex: Raging , swearing ..... what not). If you think u have found any other game this competitive (i know one counter strike  :great: ) you can surely move away from this game but give it a try one more time after some time i will be alright  :smile: .

skurke #52 Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4786 battles
Any game will have this. It's just RNG screwing you over. Just keep calm, don't get too focused on your day to day stats or the battles where tomato teams screw you over. Just do your best and enjoy the game.

If it where not for RNG and bad teams you wouldn't get monster carry games either so it works both ways. It is fun to take the game seriously but in the end it's just a game and there are many small flaws that limit that seriousness once you really start to push it.

Anyway. Once you get frustrated just stop playing and try if it's still crapthe next day and repeat. I think I've only ever had 3 shitty days in a row since I started playing.

Solstad1069 #53 Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42288 battles

View Postguguloi, on 28 November 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Nope, I didn't know this all the time. I found it then I played it more seriously and after that I've uninstalled WoT for good.
I liked WoT to the bits in the beginning (hence that hilarious number of battles for me) but lately was a disappoint for me so I found something else to play for fun.

Anyway I still keep an eye on WoT because you know, first love is hardly forget.  :smile:

Good to hear :)
I haven´t had so much fun in an online game since call of duty 2. I stopped playing Battlefield 3 the same day I installed WOT. Actually the only game i play besides this one is
Football manager. So my wot career must be in that first love stage.  :smile:

Taika_Apina #54 Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43006 battles
I like to push the tempo with most of my tanks I play and if my team does not want to join me I die alone. I gave up trying to play "properly" a while back. Most of the time there's just no point. I just got tired stressing about my health and using my team as gun fodder to be able to carry games.

It's actually gotten so bad that if I get a map I don't feel like playing with my tank I just yolo rush to the enemy. I get called a noob and an idiot a lot but I don't care. This is obviously not a team game and WG has been pretty clear judging by their actions that they will never make it one. So just be a selfish idiot like everyone else and play how you like and not how is needed.

I'm just glad that Blizzard will save me from this cluster f*** of failed mess. I can't wait for Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Reaper of Souls.

Homer_J #55 Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

...and just one point - if a lot of people are 'whining' as you put it ...... wouldn't that actually suggest that there is SOMETHING genuinely wrong? Hmm?  

Compared to the total playerbase, very very few people are whining.

Compared to the forum userbase it's a lot.

View PostPhuzzi, on 28 November 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Problem is for many of us the game itself is fun, it's just the tomato teams you often get ruins it.

And I will say again, if you are not enjoying playing then why are you playing.  Continuing doing something you don't enjoy or get paid for is not normal.

gpalsson #56 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
can I have your account?
PM details pelase.

Scragger #57 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10071 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 November 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Compared to the total playerbase, very very few people are whining.

Compared to the forum userbase it's a lot.

And I will say again, if you are not enjoying playing then why are you playing.  Continuing doing something you don't enjoy or get paid for is not normal.
A small percentage of the playerbase may be complaining, but that has more to do with the fact that:
a)Most players seem to be window-lickers who fail their way up the tiers and don't care that they are bad.
b) Because of a) most players don't bother with the forums.
As a consequence of a) and b) most of the players who DO bother with the forums are probably the better-than-average players who DO care about the game and as such as a gamer (and if I was Wargaming, as a developer) I would give a lot more weight to their feelings and opinions about the game.
And as for your final point, I'm NOT enjoying the game anymore which is why I'm walking away from it...

Hokum15 #58 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35780 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
If you are going...

Can I haz your stuff?

AnthonyRMcG #59 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

And as for your final point, I'm NOT enjoying the game anymore which is why I'm walking away from it...

I've stopped playing lot's of games through the years?
I never once felt the need to post an infantile 'attention me!!' type rant on a forum though?
I simply stopped playing?

wsatnutter #60 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
scragger look at it this way your a decent player who can hold his own if you leave  then the drip drip will become a flood of half decent players leaving so I would stay and platoon with some forumites or jump into a clan who are a decent bunch. and you know the next game you pick to play the numnuts will be playing it too

Edited by wsatnutter, 28 November 2013 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users