• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

wsatnutter #61 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26334 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
double post

Edited by wsatnutter, 28 November 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Scragger #62 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10170 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 28 November 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

• If you are in a tomato team (ok with a decent tank, not with a B1 or a duck of doom), you can really shine, sometimes even bringin your team up to victory, most often getting some corageous resistance and good exp, damage and efficiency

Here's my problem though - I care about my stats - I've worked hard to raise them up. Maybe that's stupid of me given the current playerbase, but I find it SO frustrating when I lose because my team is utterly clueless. I'll give you an example - the other night I was in a match where I killed 8 enemy tanks. The other 14 members of my team between them killed a grand total of...one. ONE ENEMY TANK. We lost 9-15, with me being the penultimate tank to die - with the last surviving tank on my team being some idiot who parked up in a ruin and went afk in the first 30 seconds of the game. When that happens once it's frustrating. But when it happens game after game.... you end up losing the will to live and get so angry you can't see straight - and continuing to play under those circumstances isn't just pointless, it's positively masochistic....

Sergent_Lucky #63 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10543 battles

View PostAnthonyRMcG, on 28 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I've stopped playing lot's of games through the years?
I never once felt the need to post an infantile 'attention me!!' type rant on a forum though?
I simply stopped playing?

Maybe he's hoping for wargaming to read this post and react to this. Normal reaction. But hopeless..

Scragger #64 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10170 battles

View PostAnthonyRMcG, on 28 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I've stopped playing lot's of games through the years?
I never once felt the need to post an infantile 'attention me!!' type rant on a forum though?
I simply stopped playing?
Anthony, I don't see it as me trying to get attention for myself - let alone being 'infantile' - I'm just trying to get across how frustrating it is. As I've posted before I really WANT to like this game - I want to see it succeed. I've played and beta-tested a lot of games over the past two decades and been playing computer games for over 30 years now - and nothing is more frustrating than seeing a potentially great game being killed by developers either unwilling to admit there is a problem or just flat out ignoring their players. Pandering to the lowest common denominator may get you a lot of players initially - but ultimately it is detrimental to the game. I just wish Wargaming could see this, or at least interact with us, in a meaningful way, to address some of these issues that I have seen raised again and again in these forums....

Edited by Scragger, 28 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

brisha #65 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17120 battles
Scragger I had all the same feelings as you, got fed up and quit (for a few days) then I discovered the forumites channel, come in and you will change your thinking, I promise.

Sergent_Lucky #66 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10543 battles

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Anthony, I don't see it as me trying to get attention for myself - let alone being 'infantile' - I'm just trying to get across how frustrating it is. As I've posted before I really WANT to like this game - I want to see it succeed. I've played and beta-tested a lot of games over the past two decades and been playing computer games for over 30 years now - and nothing is more frustrating than seeing a potentially great game being killed by developers either unwilling to admit there is a problem or just flat out ignoring their players. Pandering to the lowest common denominator may get you a lot of players initially - but ultimately it is detrimental to the game. I just wish Wargaming could see this, or at least interact with us, in a meaningful way, to address some of these issues that I have seen raised again and again in these forums....

Exactly the same feeling im having, i suggest you stop the game. If you like driving tanks, i have a good news, war thunder tanks release soon. i've already make my own decision :).

SturmhardEisenkeil #67 Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12662 battles
  • [GST] GST
I'm certainly not a great player but quite happy that finally broke through that 51% winrate. So i consider myself somewhat decent in some tanks and ofc i suck in others, which is mostly due to the lack of map knowledge / positioning which is required to play these tanks to the full extent of their capability.

Anyway, when i started playing this game the frequency of good games was much, much higher than it is know. Battles were more even back then but now there are 75-90% completely one-sided stomps where half of your (or their) team gets obliterated within minutes. I don't even know how that is possible. i don't have any problem at all if we lose a fun and even game where both sides tried their best. These situations are where WOT really shines.

But i started raging when the amount of completely incompetent players constantly increases.....it doesn't feel satisfying to win and most of the battles you lose you want to murder people afterwards. This starts affecting my game as well where i just don't try as hard anymore (especially if not top tier) because the result of the battle is more often than not completely random and usually depends on the amount of <45% WR players in your or the their team. Maybe one out of 10 games is still exciting and fun.....the rest of the battles suck [edited]and you either stomp or get stomped. And that is 100% due to the amount of completely clueless idiots which died their way up their tiers or directly jump into tier 8 premium tanks.

The last days were particularily bad.....one game yesterday our T34 (top tier) had a whopping 42,5% overall winrate with some tanks in his garage at 35% wr (highest normal tanks - tier 6, rest played in premium tier 8 tanks). Our tiger 2 in the same game was at an impressive 44% overall winrate with his tiger winrate being 40%. There were only 3-4 players in our team with a winrate over 50% and none of them (including us) top tier. The enemy team on the other hand had almost no players below 50% with some of them reaching 57% overall winrates. This game, needless to say, was doomed from the beginning and there was no way to do anything to change that.....tiger and t34 and 4-5 others were dead within the first 3 minutes. They press W, are happy to destroy some houses and haystacks and roll straight into enemy fire.

What WOT desperately need is some sort of minimal matchmaking where the winrates are taken into account or ANYTHING......these games are not fun. If you put 44% players with other 44% players they will have certainly more fun as in this instant-death fest that WOT is for them now. Come on...a 42% winrate, how is that even possible...these people are actively losing games. Also put people with a approximate 50% WR together and people with higher WRs. Because these random games with random matchmaking and random tank composition start to make this game absolutely unbearable at some days.

jokobet #68 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31283 battles
Take a break, assemble a good platoon, choose tanks with which you can carry games (e.g. 2 Hellcats & 1 KV-1S or 2 T-54s and a Centurion Mk. 7/1) and enjoy.

It's a game with real people - real people suck as often in a game as they do in real life, there is nothing we can do about it. Try the Zen-approach: Expect nothing but failure from your team, take it with humor & fatalism and just concentrate on dishing out as much dmg as possible in the time you have left.

Good luck!

MadFelineHoarder #69 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1476 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 28 November 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Actually when you have clueless n00bs in your team is the time when your efficiency goes up.
Sure is much better to play with balanced teams but see it this way:
•If you are in a team full of pro vs n00bs, you have to be very good (and have some very fast tank) to deal average damage, simply because better teammates will rape those poor tomatoes so fast that battle can easily end when you just landed few hits. Pretty miserable results.
•If you are in a tomato team (ok with a decent tank, not with a B1 or a duck of doom), you can really shine, sometimes even bringin your team up to victory, most often getting some corageous resistance and good exp, damage and efficiency
Unless in a good platoon is very hard to carry and your winrate will probably drop, but efficiency will go up.
Look me as example, having horribad teams since this weekend and yes I did fall back to 48% win rate on xvm but here is interesting:
Performance Rating: 1,220 (Above avg.) 1,443 (+2.6) Last ~7 days 1,443 (+2.6)
Going up being the best player very often, also exp and credits arent bad, and I am not even that good "@ internet tenks"
If you want to improve win rate you have to team up with 2 good players and platoon only, solo randoms are hard to turn the tides unless you are a very good player or an unicum, but platoons will fix that too. (your efficiency will grow lower because other will perform good making the job harder for you).

In short1.Go solo for efficiency (and lose win rate unless you are a great player)
2.Platoon for winrate (turn the above upside down)
Platoons can do miracles, no jokes
This "duck of doom", is that you bad mouthing the AMX40? Don't mock my darling (it's quite possible to lead the charge in this awesome little tank)! ;)

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Here's my problem though - I care about my stats - I've worked hard to raise them up. Maybe that's stupid of me given the current playerbase, but I find it SO frustrating when I lose because my team is utterly clueless. I'll give you an example - the other night I was in a match where I killed 8 enemy tanks. The other 14 members of my team between them killed a grand total of...one. ONE ENEMY TANK. We lost 9-15, with me being the penultimate tank to die - with the last surviving tank on my team being some idiot who parked up in a ruin and went afk in the first 30 seconds of the game. When that happens once it's frustrating. But when it happens game after game.... you end up losing the will to live and get so angry you can't see straight - and continuing to play under those circumstances isn't just pointless, it's positively masochistic....
I was in your position this February (except that you're a better player), and I got so mad, I deleted my account and left. I really needed a break, and I took one. I still love this game though, so I came back, but this time (since my biggest frustration was my own lack of skill), I joined SGTA to learn how to play better. I agree with the others in this thread who have told you to take a break, but not to leave for good (join a clan or toon up with people from here maybe?).

I also care about my stats, in the way that I see them as a kind of confirmation about how I'm doing, and I want to do well. I want to be good - I want to play the tanks that I like, and I want to play them well, so as not to be a liability to my team.

The good thing about having joined SGTA is the fact that I've changed my whole attitude towards myself and the game, which has lead to me completely stopped raging. The reason why; I'm allowing myself to be new, to not know everything, to make really stupid misstakes. As long as I, hopefully, learn something from this, I believe my performance will improve. I honestly don't think I have it in me to become one of these purple guys, but at least being green would be awesome.

I've also realized that the only player I can really, truly affect in any way, is me. I can't do anything about the rest of the team (I try to give them information, ping the map etc., but if they don't care, there's nothing I can do about it).

EbenezerScrooge #70 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3568 battles
one day 49defs and 23 wins and me very frustrated like never before
next day Radley-Walters’ Medal and Halonen's Medal within 2 hours and me so happy

so don't quit just give it another chance and feel free to be defeated or else you'll be another victim in a row

Homer_J #71 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31770 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postwsatnutter, on 28 November 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

scragger look at it this way your a decent player who can hold his own if you leave  then the drip drip will become a flood of half decent players leaving

No it won't.

Far far better players have left without making a drama about it.

Scragger: Take a bucket and fill it with water; Put your hand in it up to the wrist; Pull it out and the hole that's remaining; Is the measure of how you'll be missed.

VanGore78 #72 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 71951 battles
I know how you feel mate...

However, since I platoon more than playing alone, it seems to me that more often the idiots seem to be on the other team.

Alone i had a win-rate of 52-53%, together we regularly hit the +60%. I am now around 58% in my last 1k of games.

In an average game it is 2-4 tanks per team that is gonna decide the battle's outcome.

AnthonyRMcG #73 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

View PostScragger, on 28 November 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

been playing computer games for over 30 years now -

As have I?
First system was the atari, second was the Philips videopac system, moving on up through the amiga and an Ibm 386?

What difference does that make though? Your post will fall off the front page, just like the 1000 identical posts before it.
Don't like the game, don't play it.

sword_of_Damocles #74 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63510 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postguguloi, on 28 November 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Nope, I didn't know this all the time. I found it then I played it more seriously and after that I've uninstalled WoT for good.
I liked WoT to the bits in the beginning (hence that hilarious number of battles for me) but lately was a disappoint for me so I found something else to play for fun.

Anyway I still keep an eye on WoT because you know, first love is hardly forget.  :smile:
Always nice when finding some from the old breed!
All the best guguloi,glad you are still with us,even from forums only! :honoring:

ironiceagle #75 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22916 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Guys please stop complaining about this stuff, it's the internet. You can't blame Wargaming for having people that have no clue what they are doing. This is a Free to play game, so it's accessible for everyone who'd like to join. I'm an advanced player with WoT, spend way to much money on it, but i enjoy it. How? Stop playing for once in a while. If you can feel yourself getting pissed at RNG, players or anything at all, just stop playing WoT for a while and play something else.

h00d1e #76 Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26515 battles
I'd recommend joining a clan or platooning regularly with your mates.   I see my esteemed clannies have already chimed in.

pip pip

Wohngebietsuwe #77 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 7694 battles
  • [LUIS] LUIS

View PostScragger, on 27 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I've finally had enough - tonight (moreso than any other night so far) was such an epic cluster f**k of clueless idiots and lemmings that I am giving up on this game. Battle after f**king battle lost... in some cases with defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory by truly MONUMENTAL idiocy. I've got about 10 days of premium left but you know what? If this is what the game is coming to I just couldn't care less and I'll let it go to waste - that would be better than any more evenings of the frustration and anger I'm feeling right now - I got so mad I even started mouthing off in team chat - and that is NOT who I am NOR who I want to be - this is supposed to be the way I relax after a day at work - it's not supposed to get me so steamed I start losing my cool with people. It didn't help that EU1 went down and every window-licker piled onto EU2. Wargaming - as a now FORMER player who honestly wanted to like your game (and who spent several hundred Euros on it in the 4 months I played) for THE LOVE OF GOD sort this mess out. Sort out your servers, sort out your match making and do SOMETHING (compulsory training missions, tier access unlocked by skill, SOMETHING) to try and improve the quality of the vast majority of the players that don't have CLUE ONE what they are doing....
...Scragger OUT...
WoT took the same way WoW, SWTOR and other MMOs did - the more a online game is cheap (or "for free") AND is not as hard to understand ("Dis tank look naiz, hit RR, ayay - funny driving, pifpaffing, ratazonking and no downsides, becoz its free!") the more players does it attract. And this is the strategy behind it. For one leaving good player WG gets 10 "no-care-bears", who will drive around funny metal-things, cut some trees and sometimes spend some Euros. (of course, all this is just an imagination of mine and not fact!)
I don't think that WG will care about good players to leave, the other game studios didn't, too. It's a pity though.

View Postironiceagle, on 28 November 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

[...] I'm an advanced player with WoT, spend way to much money on it, but i enjoy it. How? Stop playing for once in a while. If you can feel yourself getting pissed at RNG, players or anything at all, just stop playing WoT for a while and play something else.
This is it!

Edited by Wohngebietsuwe, 28 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Peca011 #78 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4856 battles

View Postjokobet, on 28 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

It's a game with real people - real people suck as often in a game as they do in real life, there is nothing we can do about it. Try the Zen-approach: Expect nothing but failure from your team, take it with humor & fatalism and just concentrate on dishing out as much dmg as possible in the time you have left.
Yes this is true ,but imo problem in WOT is a bit different.What sucks in WoT as game is you get abused almost every single game by ppl boting their way up to T10.You get vindicated cause you trie to contribute and so team can get a win.In same time you see like 50% of team sitting in some corner waiting so someone can win game for them.
I dont mind if my team is bad but they go down swinging ,I mind when they dont even trie but instead do fck all.Even worse is when you try to do something and than wild almost more black than red snipeing heavy push you out from cover you are taking.
Grinding tanks in this game is to easy.As long they dont change way and put some prerequisites to obtain tanks,it will be only worse.I understand ppl play for "fun",but imo that is just sad excuse and ppl try to justify their wish to get in T10 as fast they can.
WoT is favoring boting over regular play.You will faster get tanks if you have short 2 min battles than good games that last almost 15 min.That is sad part of game ,and you cant blame player about that just WG.

Edited by Peca011, 28 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.

gpalsson #79 Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Still no PM with login details?
Does that mean i can't have your stuff?

Scragger #80 Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10170 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 28 November 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Still no PM with login details?
Does that mean i can't have your stuff?
Nope  :smile:  Got a mate that MIGHT be interested in it as he's a glutton for punishment and fancies giving it a bash  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users