Actual / real tank rotation / traverse speed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

ctgk69 #1 Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16703 battles
►Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else (I could only find it on the american forum, although I discovered it by myself quite some time ago (and never got to post it...))
◄A tank's actual rotation speed is based on the following formula (assuming you have the top parts):
THP x TS x C: SHP = ATS
THP - Top engine HorsePower
TS - Traverse speed (of the top tracks)
SHP - Stock engine HorsePower
C - terrain resistance specific Constant (varies between 0.something and 1) - basically, it's the property preventing a tank from reaching its top rotation (amongst other) speed(s), which is individual/specific to each terrain type (grass, sand, dirt, asphalt, etc... (falling into the 3 categories of hard, average and soft))
ATS - Actual Traverse Speed.

---------------------------------------------------
◄For what's worth, the tank behaves best on asphalt. Assuming the asphalt has no terrain resistance ( C = 1 (if C=0, the tank shouldn't be able to move on that terrain)), then your Luchs should have the following rotation speed (during patch 8.9):
360 x 33 x 1 : 140 = 84.85 Degrees per second (on asphalt)
------------------------------------------
►I've tested it with a friend and it's accurate.
◄My comment from below:
Spoiler                     
◄P.S. Perhaps this should be integrated into the wiki?
►P.S.2 - considering the way I've put it, the "terrain resistance" is more like a "terrain passability factor"
(this is what we currently have available: http://wiki.worldoft...rain_Resistance )

Edited by ctgk69, 10 December 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Derranged_Koi #2 Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8261 battles
  • [-HOW] -HOW
i like it gives a clearer understanding always wondered if the stats were accurate in garage

Six_10 #3 Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17964 battles
  • [RADIO] RADIO
Does this mean that crew skill has no effect on traverse?

lonebonde #4 Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15086 battles
crew skill raises horsepower, therefore it does have an effect. But only through modification of the actual horsepower figure that you get. Driver skill * horsepower stat = actual horsepower

Edited by lonebonde, 30 November 2013 - 01:23 PM.

ctgk69 #5 Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16703 battles
The ways (I'll try to name them all) to increase the rotation speed should be the following:

-Brothers in arms on the commander and the driver ('cause the driver gets the little bonus from the commander's XP)

-the dedicated bonuses of perks from the driver: Clutch Braking and Off-Road Driving

-consumables:  Oil/Gasonline , Removed Speed governor (eventually coupled with Cyclone Filter so you can use it more), and Rations/Chocolate/Cola (all of them with the boost for the crew (helps in the same way as BIA)

-equipment: Improved Ventilation, Additional grousers (although I would kinda' skip it...)

Additionally, you can try lowering your tank's mass (weight), so you can have a higher Power-to-weight ratio (resulting in a greater rotation speed). This can be done by removing irrelevant equipment (by personal choice) and mounting lighter modules (turret, gun, (radio?)). Still, you can't usually apply it, since mounting a (most of the time) lighter turret implies having a lower rate of fire, along with (sometimes) preventing you from using your best gun - rotation speed is useless if you can't hurt them (or if you CAN'T/Don't want to hurt them, go for it! :) )

hiXhaX #6 Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47632 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2

hey, yeah I know, very old thread here but it's really useful and I have a question about it:

This terrain spec. Constant, it has to relate to your track's terrain resistance in some way. Otherwise your terrain resistance wouldn't affect your actual traverse speed, but I'm pretty sure it does. So do you know how you get to this Constant?

thx for any more info on that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users