Community Spotlight – November edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Take a look at the latest Community Spotlight to see what has been happening on the forums over the last month!

Full news text

Brynd #2 Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
It's interesting to see the activities going on in our other European language communities.  :smile:

Quickfingers #3 Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 52031 battles
Hope you guys enjoy the crew skill guides! I have done one for each tank type now :)
Here is the playlist:

http://www.youtube.c...8Ex4awVn-JDw2ON

Thank you WG for honouring me with a place in this months spotlight.

<3 QB

Edited by Quickfingers, 03 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

HowTheStoryEnds #4 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24695 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
You forgot about the lag, it's very interesting how "for some reason"  you always pick threads that are not the most popular. Evil tongues might start to claim you're intentionally being silent about them.

Edited by HowTheStoryEnds, 03 December 2013 - 05:04 PM.

DobbysWrath #5 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10249 battles
Who dared to neg rep Sir Baby! >: (

Is everyone lacking a sense of humour!?

Edited by DobbysWrath, 05 December 2013 - 04:27 PM.

ChristopherHitchens #6 Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19415 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

POPULAR

View PostQuickfingers, on 03 December 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hope you guys enjoy the crew skill guides! I have done one for each tank type now :)
Here is the playlist:

http://www.youtube.c...8Ex4awVn-JDw2ON

Thank you WG for honouring me with a place in this months spotlight.

<3 QB

I can't see the videos from work but I'm assuming you divided them into TD/LT/MT/HT/SPG. You either have access to some really interesting information concerning what makes certain tank classes that different from each other when it comes to how much they benefit from certain skills and perks or you are just all out wrong. It seems to me it is more important for you to produce something and make it look as if it is actually valuable and accurate information in order to benefit yourself through more attention/viewers/income rather than actually producing something of value to the ones following you expecting to learn something and improve their gaming performance.

It's players like you, speaking the "absolute truth" about the game that are keeping new players in the dark in terms of denying them the ability to think for themselves, hence keeping them at a performance level which is that of your own or below your own. As long as players keep on listening to you and others telling them "how to do things"  they will always be a few steps behind the ones who don't listen but think for themselves. Having the greatest fan base and zombie army on the EU server you effectively are the single most destructive player on the EU server when it comes to keeping players in the dark.

You would be a great asset for countries such as North Korea, China and Belarus. You are really good at keeping people in the dark, force feeding them "the truth" without them even realising it.

Keep up the good work!

Love,
EmbryonicJourney

View PostDobbysWrath, on 03 December 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Who dared to neg rep Sir Baby! >: (

Anyone with a backbone properly connected to the brain and too little time to write a reply.

Heiki84 #7 Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19344 battles
  • [PEXEC] PEXEC
I was playing randoms one day and someone strted complain about is8 armor etc. I suggested, maybe he should try play it as a medium like type 59. It is really mobile. Ohh how many called me moron and other names, because is8 is heavy and type 59 is medium, so you cant play similar tactics with em.

Czef #8 Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20189 battles

View PostVaering, on 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I can't see the videos from work but I'm assuming you divided them into TD/LT/MT/HT/SPG. You either have access to some really interesting information concerning what makes certain tank classes that different from each other when it comes to how much they benefit from certain skills and perks or you are just all out wrong. It seems to me it is more important for you to produce something and make it look as if it is actually valuable and accurate information in order to benefit yourself through more attention/viewers/income rather than actually producing something of value to the ones following you expecting to learn something and improve their gaming performance.

It's players like you, speaking the "absolute truth" about the game that are keeping new players in the dark in terms of denying them the ability to think for themselves, hence keeping them at a performance level which is that of your own or below your own. As long as players keep on listening to you and others telling them "how to do things"  they will always be a few steps behind the ones who don't listen but think for themselves. Having the greatest fan base and zombie army on the EU server you effectively are the single most destructive player on the EU server when it comes to keeping players in the dark.

You would be a great asset for countries such as North Korea, China and Belarus. You are really good at keeping people in the dark, force feeding them "the truth" without them even realising it.

Keep up the good work!

Love,
EmbryonicJourney

Anyone with a backbone properly connected to the brain and too little time to write a reply.
Oh, yea, that's why every time i see somebody from PTS they suck hard, because you all have ability to think for yourselves  :trollface:
Keep up the good work!

roastedlemon #9 Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20057 battles

View PostVaering, on 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Keep up the good work!

Love,
EmbryonicJourney

If you dont agree with what QB is doing then why are you looking and commenting here?

Black_tomato #10 Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
So you then are telling the "absolute truth" and nobody can have his own opinion on QB's crew skill videos?

QwiXux #11 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15514 battles
  • [GMBLE] GMBLE
Wow,didnt think that it would take that long til the QB Fanboys start to cry.

ChristopherHitchens #12 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19415 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postroastedlemon, on 04 December 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

If you dont agree with what QB is doing then why are you looking and commenting here?
If no one is challenging what someone they believe is wrong is saying, things might not develop in the right direction.[edited]
We are all entitled to our opinions and obviously also have the right to challenge each others opinions.
Peace,
EJ

Edited by Petruzzi, 05 December 2013 - 02:30 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent.Petruzzi

Letchy #13 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10856 battles
  • [LOTI] LOTI

View PostQwiXux, on 04 December 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Wow,didnt think that it would take that long til the QB Fanboys start to cry.
Crying? Please.
You seem to have a false sense of what 'crying' actually is. EJ just jumped on QB for no obvious reason, stating that he is a kind of 'false shepherd' (if I may use that term), and is somehow making the player base WORSE through content which merely outlines what QB has found to be effective, and what works for him in game? RoastedLemon and Black_Tomato were only replying to EJ's post.
It seems people around here have a false sense of power, as everyone but EJ has a plethora of down votes. Why is this? Because people like to just jump on what others say and follow suit as if it is fact. If you noticed, EJ stated he had not watched the videos in question... Yet goes on to undermine QB and say that those videos have no purpose but to make the ever growing player base of World of Tanks dumber and not smarter? I'm sorry but it seems he either has somewhat of a grudge against him or just feels the need to make him self heard for no reason but to make someone look like the bad guy when it has nothing at all to do with him.

Edited by Letchy, 04 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

TinyViking #14 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7410 battles
Guys, I don't want to have to dish out warnings and possible bans, but comparing someone you disagree with to Hitler is not ok.

Vaering I don't mind you disagreeing with QB, not at all, and I'm sure he understands that not everyone will appreciate his videos, however, this doesn't mean you get a free pass to tear into him with name calling, suggesting he would "be a great asset for countries such as North Korea, China and Belarus". I've already had to report one of your posts and if you keep up this style I'll have to make more.

I'd also like to make something perfectly clear:

This is not about the fact that this concerns QB, I would have done the same thing had someone used the language towards another player regardless of him/her being a Community Contributor or not.

Please stay on track ppl, this topic is for the discussion of the portal article, not to bash player X, Y or Z, not to discuss "who is right and who is wrong" when it comes to making videos.

ChristopherHitchens #15 Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19415 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostiScending, on 04 December 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

however, this doesn't mean you get a free pass to tear into him with name calling, suggesting he would "be a great asset for countries such as North Korea, China and Belarus".

He would though. In fact, to most authoritarian groups/countries/regimes. Wether this is a bad thing or not isn't up to me to decide though. Some people like the lifestyle of such countries and organisations.

Concerning the "Hitler comparison". I don't think i compared him to Hitler did I? I can't even see the post, so it's difficult for me or anyone else to see the truth here, you accussing me of things without letting people take part of the material only you and other moderators possess is certianly in no way fair or a proper way of a moderator in a serious community to act. From what I remember though, what I was talking about was how things can get out of hand when no one is speaking up against what they think is wrong. QB being a very well known person who's words are taken as the truth by most of his followers is speaking about there being certain ways of playing TD's/MT's/LT's/HT's/SPG's, this only means we will have more fast tanks sitting back beyond view range not moving very far just because they are TD's more HT's suicide pushing despite not having the armor nor firepower to do it. It is a problem and certainly a direction in which I don't want this game to develop. QB is certainly forcing this into the minds of people who praise him like a semi God.

Can you unlock the post again so that people can see for themselves if I was really offending anyone?

Cheers,
EJ

ArCdEsTroYeR #16 Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6303 battles
Would you like a tissue for your issue?

kleinePanzer #17 Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 68 battles
Oh look, a skimpy half-naked kid cries because a well-dressed kid has 10 times his viewers. Oh, maybe one of them doesn't always plays two freaking tanks for hours and that's why ? Or maybe one of them doesn't rages at his team when he suck out and die pointlessly ?
LOL !
Pathetic streamers ego is so entertaining. Keep it up fellas, I'm sure it's entertaining.

Bo_om_Beybe #18 Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14347 battles
  • [REACH] REACH

Can you unlock the post again so that people can see for themselves if I was really offending anyone?
<Image removed>
There was a reason I unapproved the post and whilst I thank you for helping out and and providing an insight into the missing post I'd rather appreciate if you don't do so again. The post will return, don't worry, just not tonight :).
iScending

StarkofWinterfell #19 Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15802 battles
What EJ was pointing out was the fact that a lot of folks tend to take what QB says as gospel, instead of finding out their own style of play. Some people are better suited to one type of play style, just like some tanks are better suited to different tactics. People should make up their own minds not follow blindly what any one player says they should do. Personally, I have learned from both QB and EJ, although I will admit that as I progress as a player I do find EJ's stream to be more informative now than QB's. At the end of the day one man's silk purse is another mans sows ear, so there's no need for the troll fan boys to throw their toys out of the pram just because someone dared to question their messiah QB. Engage that thing between your ears and learn to think for yourself and it might just work in your favour ;-)

Trollin1 #20 Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2464 battles

View Postroastedlemon, on 04 December 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

You realise that this thread is not about or put up by QB, right? So why shouldn't he? It's here for everyone to view and/or comment on if they wish. He's commented his opinion after QB happened to post ...

Freedom of speech is lost on this forum in general though. I got warnings for using very tame words this week, and I get the feeling it's because I complained in a few threads about the lag.

Anyway. I'm all for the top players questioning one another. It can only be good for us newbies to see them debate tactics/tips/general info about the game. That is why we watch them, not to take one player's word as bond, but to take the best information from all of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users